Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: February Plot Discussion

So, League speculations?

First, why is Marlon here? I doubt he's a Gym Leader now...

Is this a way to have him battle without having a Gym battle in the BW2 chapter? (Whenever. That. Starts.)

If he's here, where's Roxie?

Is Iris going to win, and thus, become Champion?

Why is Zinzolin entering?

And for that matter, why is Looker entering? Shouldn't he be looking for the other sages?

And didn't Cheren state he wasn't interested in the League? Is his team going to be evolved? Will he have Serperior?

With Iris there, Black's chances of winning the league are now cut in half. Not that I care since I am indifferent to all things Pokemon League related (That's what watching the anime for years will do to you) but I am interested that Looker is on the scene. I wonder if he still has his wacky gadgets that bust up? Either way I am excited to see Looker back. I loved him in the Platinum arc, he should win a 'Best Expressions' award XD I was surprised to see Cheren at the league. I know in the games he wants to be the champion or something of that nature but Adventures Cheren didn't seem all that motivated for the league. At least as far as I read he hasn't been. Speaking of champion, is Alder still the champ? Didn't N defeat him already? Or was that not a official title battle?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Kinda odd that they're starting to introduce B2W2 elements already... or maybe not, but Marlon and Zinzolin in B2W2 gear is strange, especially since the BW plot hasn't resolved yet (Reshiram hasn't even appeared in full yet).

As for Looker, he can't chase all 7 sages at once. Maybe he's tailing Zinzolin right now and entered the league.

Should I stir the conspiracy pot/talk about the elephant in the room? Caped Person = Sird? Since the chance of her reappearing in HGSS is kinda slim now. Haha... but man, she is so unnecessary as a character now they just need to kill her off for closure at this point.
    Last edited by redchesus; 20th December 2012 at 3:19 PM.

So this can explain how Cheren and Marlon will be the new gym leaders and Iris will be the new champion .
    Hmm , no Roxie . . . But Looker and Iris look very cool . I think the result will be Iris win .

The armored man is hiker andy in disguise. Sird gave him an armor to help him with his fire weakness, just because she is such a nice person xD
    Btw, I wonder how looker could beat drayden =o

Looker: That was all thanks to my new international police secret weapon X8: Action Replay! Wahahahaha!
    -------

Ah I see o.o

Quote Originally Posted by redchesus View Post
    Kinda odd that they're starting to introduce B2W2 elements already... or maybe not, but Marlon and Zinzolin in B2W2 gear is strange, especially since the BW plot hasn't resolved yet (Reshiram hasn't even appeared in full yet).

As for Looker, he can't chase all 7 sages at once. Maybe he's tailing Zinzolin right now and entered the league.

Should I stir the conspiracy pot/talk about the elephant in the room? Caped Person = Sird? Since the chance of her reappearing in HGSS is kinda slim now. Haha... but man, she is so unnecessary as a character now they just need to kill her off for closure at this point.
    Maybe Ghetsis, just guessing.

Go Musketeers! Great to see them defeat the Shadow Triad so easily.

And it's pretty obvious Iris is winning the league lol. Marlon is probably only in it to introduce his character, he and Cheren might get their gym leader promotions based on their performance in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by redchesus View Post
    Hopefully she died when she fell into her bottomless plothole. Don't want to see her jacking this league into some kind of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    That's possible too.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Hmm. I was guessing it was the director who's always blaming Black for trouble in Unova and his dimwitted assistant would be his sidekick XD. But it being Ghetsis would be cool, assuming he doesn't appear by other methods. Or it could be Cynthia. *Shudders*

Originally posted by Coronis
    The last scene shows the 8 final participants: Black, Cheren, Iris, Marlon, Looker, Zinzolin, a trainer that's a cross between a Younger and PokeManiac, and also a mysterious trainer in hood and mask.
    So, those are the last qualified players. Seems almost legit unless you count Zinzolin. What a creep!

So that's how Iris became a Champion. And that means PokemonSpecialGerman is right after all.

As for Looker, I think he's just undercover looking for the sages to arrest. His target will be Zinzolin. But how is he winning? His only Pokemon is Croagonk.

And lastly the hooded figure, how many of you bet it's someone else? Or, how many of you bet that's N as the hooded figure?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lolipiece
    If he's here, where's Roxie?[/QUOTE

Uh, Lolipiece, I don't see anything mentioning anything about Roxie's father competing in the tournament unless it's another chapter.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Battle theories, anyone?
    For example:

Black vs. Looker
    Cheren vs. Youngster
    Marlon vs. Masked man
    Iris vs. Sage

And Semifinale could be:
    Black vs. Cheren & Marlon vs. Iris or Black vs. Marlon or Iris vs. Cheren.

And the final round: Black vs. Iris or Marlon vs. Iris.

So many epic battles are possible!!

This is so funny. Today we find out that in the Anime Ash loses to some ding dong that couldn't even bother to catch six Pokemon. The Manga goes and obliterates the Anime with one of the coolest sounding Leagues I have ever seen. Thank you Manga for having me not lose faith in Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Didn't Coronis state that in the previous thread?
    Oh, forgot. Well, now it's confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Maybe...maybe he's the guy in the cloak.

Seems random to just have some guy hide his identity like that. At least Looker has a point for it.
    That crossed my mind too, but then I thought: why would Andy be hiding if his dream finally came true? Maybe the authors are just trolling us again and the cloaked guy is a nobody. Or he's a very important character from the past chapters. Either way, I don't think he will last long in the tournament.

I'm really glad that Iris is entering the league. Now I have no idea if Black is going to win or if they're going to make Iris the champion. It can go either way so it's exciting. Black is probably going to fight against Marlon, Cheren and Iris. Although I kind of want to see him battling Looker...

Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post
    But how is he winning? His only Pokemon is Croagonk.
    This is PokeSpe remember. He could have a Dragonite for all we know (not that I want that).

why would Andy be hiding if his dream finally came true?
    Maybe that armor is to protect him from any sort of heat. It could happen. Only in PokeSpe.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    What are those, Unova League competitors? Who's the jackass in the cap and the little kid, why the hell is Looker wearing fake glasses and a fake nose? Looks exciting and unpredictable, wonder how Marlon will be portrayed. Oh and Cheren, almost forgot he existed. Him and Bianca, idga about. Did Black win the Legend Badge solely from his one-on-one against Drayden?
    Most battles in Pokemon special are like that, remember how Red got his badges?

Lmao Red stole almost half of his badges, and another one was just given to him off screen. To this day I still don't think he ever got his damn Earth Badge. Black's quest for the badges is probably the best written badge storyline in the manga, actually. (Well him or Platinum)

Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Lmao Red stole almost half of his badges, and another one was just given to him off screen. To this day I still don't think he ever got his damn Earth Badge. Black's quest for the badges is probably the best written badge storyline in the manga, actually. (Well him or Platinum)
    Actually, I don't think Kanto/Johto required badges to compete in the league. At least not the Elite Four (who were then the prototype for Team Plasma).

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    What are those, Unova League competitors? Who's the jackass in the cap and the little kid, why the hell is Looker wearing fake glasses and a fake nose? Looks exciting and unpredictable, wonder how Marlon will be portrayed. Oh and Cheren, almost forgot he existed. Him and Bianca, idga about. Did Black win the Legend Badge solely from his one-on-one against Drayden?
    Well, Drayden did say he didn't have a lot of time... plus the writers probably didn't know what other Pokemon to give Drayden since they're probably saving Haxorus for Iris

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    P.S. Eleven Pokemon left from the 5th Gen to get featured now:
    Dewott, Gigalith, Krookodile, Zoroark, Reunicles, Sawsbuck, Jellicent (male), Klang, Chadelure, Haxorus, Mandibuzz
    (just realized that Musharna has had an appearance already, but in the form of Black's explanation of Munna's nickname choice)
    Reuniclus, Sawsbuck, Mandibuzz - White's pokemon, Reuniclus may not appear til B2W2 because of the 2-stage evo?
    Dewott - not sure, I'd like it to have more than a cameo in the tournament
    Gigalith - on of the trainers in the tournament?
    Krookodile - one of the trainers in the tournament? or maybe Grimsley has one
    Zoroark - hopefully N
    Jellicent (male) - Marlon
    Klang - one panel cameo probably
    Chandelure - not sure why didn't give it to Shauntal initially, I thought maybe because of Bianca's Litwick, but I doubt it at this point
    Haxorus - Iris
    Last edited by redchesus; 21st December 2012 at 3:18 PM.

This is getting really interesting. Marlon, Zinzolin, and Looker are in the tournament, I'll look foward to see how this turns out.

Anyone else wondering why the Gym Leader's outfits are fixed again?

Kind of sounds wrong in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Btw, since the pictures posted by Lolipiece basically cover most of the important scenes already, I won't be rescanning them. Let me know if there are particular scenes that you want to see.
    Well...uh. Maybe...

1) Black defeating Drayden's Druddigon.

2) Some more panels of the League?

3) The Monkey's evolving

4) Keldeo fighting

5) The part where the Striaton trio get hurt. The picture I posted only shows the Shadow Triad.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post

Uh, Lolipiece, I don't see anything mentioning anything about Roxie's father competing in the tournament unless it's another chapter.
    What does Roxie's father have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    If I remember correctly, in Kanto the badges weren't needed while in Johto, people with eight badges were allowed to skip the pre-rounds (it was said that they made that rule to make the gyms more attractive or so).

Anyways, I really like how Black can enter the tournament only in last minute. Although it was clear that he would win, it is a nice idea.
    And since his bond with Musha doesn't really exist, I wonder if that would make him an illegitimate dexholder or so if Oak would see that? Since for the dexholders (especially for the ones basing on the playable main character) their pokemon are always friends, partners, or whatever.
    Sorry for my bad English...

I don't see how Musha leaving makes Black a illegitimate dexholder. It's not like they're going to take back the Pokedex from him. While Musha was just in it for the dreams, it seems, Black actually cares for his Pokemon, hence why Musha's betrayl hurt him.

Originally posted by lolipiece
    What does Roxie's father have to do with anything?
    Well, you did mention that one person is in the competing in the tournament unless it's someone else. It's this one:

Originally posted by lolipiece
    If he's here, where's Roxie?
    You mean Marlon, right? Sorry, I thought you were talking about Roxie's father. I didn't know Marlon, the narly surfer man, was competing.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

I think Roxie's busy rocking with her band.

Oh yeah. She's a Gym leader. Does this mean we get to see Hugh battle against Roxie in BW2 or we won't? It's not BW2 without Roxie.

Maybe Roxie will help Hugh dealing with NewPlasma . I don't think Hugh has any interested in gym challenging . So it would be nonsense for him to battle with Roxie .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast