Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cameron's Secret Weapon (768)

Odd is right. I felt like I was watching an episode of Pokemon online.

Anywho, the battle wasn't too bad in particular, but that Hydriegon got pimped so much before Pignite finally took it out. after that, Ash has been sweeping the rest of Cameron's team. I mean, Ferrothorn against Pignite? Seriously Cameron? Samurott had the advantage and took Pignite out, then lost to Pikachu. Unfortunatelty, I can't buy how she got defeated by Iron Tail instead of Electro Ball. But I digress, afterwards, Swanna was a pure joke. Brief battle, and went down easily like Ferrothorn.

Then there's Riolu... Cameron's last Pokemon on hand. ... I have absoutely no words big enough to explain my disappointment and annoyance of Cameron. thought a full battle was 5 on 5, and didn't bother bringing a sixth Pokemon. Tell me how this gets past the League rules. He already got one break. Now were still spoon feeding hime?

Despite that, Riolu fought hard, but I was cheering for Snivy all the way. I want Ash to win this battle so bad to show how much of a joke Cameron has become. Snivy looked like she had this battle all wrapped up, but then... IT happened. Evolution. Snivy is screwed. So might be Pikachu next episode.

Sigh. Unova League. Built up for 2 years, and this is what we get?

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Riolu just got beat up by two measly attacks, and that's all it takes for it to evolve?

Seriously, Cameron's good luck is rubbing me the wrong way. It's like a kid was given a machine gun with multiple forms. It's even worse considering how I like Lucario, yet I feel dishonored and humiliated how this was handled. Well, one more episode to go...

Spoiler:- As for the next episode...:

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Does anyone feel that this league is alot shorter than it could have been? I mean one more episode to go and Ash is out. I feel that this league is very rushed. They could have letted Bianca and trip atleast battle one random codt together in the same episode before losing, drop the Axew gets lost episode, give Ash vs Stephan the whole episode along with some rival interactions so that I would have felt better about this.

My ideal battle ever!

Even the biased the writers have toward Cameron annoys me in the dub.

Seriously, he's my least favorite of any rival ever. Maybe tied with Kenny but for different reasons.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Does anyone feel that this league is alot shorter than it could have been? I mean one more episode to go and Ash is out. I feel that this league is very rushed. They could have letted Bianca and trip atleast battle one random codt together in the same episode before losing, drop the Axew gets lost episode, give Ash vs Stephan the whole episode along with some rival interactions so that I would have felt better about this.
    The episode count before the league is pretty short. It's short-Kanto format. So many bad decisions were made.

Alas, this was bound to happen.

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~

Yeah, I'm not really liking this league at all. Ash's team is a mix of Kanto/Johto. Most of his team consists of Pre-evolved, mid-evolved Pokemon. Krookdile and Unfeazant are the only full evolved ones then you got Bolore and Pignite as mid -evolved and Oshawatt and Pikachu sweeping Cameron's team which by the way were all fully evolved except Riolu which is now not the case anymore being taken down so easily.

I really hate to say this but it seems as though Ash's Sinnoh lineup was the best one so far considering how i hated that saga. If the writers would just make Ash use his reserve Pokemon from Oak and let Ash use common sense instead of his "gut" feelings then maybe we would actually see a win from him
    3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Everyone says Ash is the Gary-stu character, but I think Cameron turned out being that this saga. They went overboard with how many breaks no other character would get.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really liking this league at all. Ash's team is a mix of Kanto/Johto. Most of his team consists of Pre-evolved, mid-evolved Pokemon. Krookdile and Unfeazant are the only full evolved ones then you got Bolore and Pignite as mid -evolved and Oshawatt and Pikachu sweeping Cameron's team which by the way were all fully evolved except Riolu which is now not the case anymore being taken down so easily.

I really hate to say this but it seems as though Ash's Sinnoh lineup was the best one so far considering how i hated that saga. If the writers would just make Ash use his reserve Pokemon from Oak and let Ash use common sense instead of his "gut" feelings then maybe we would actually see a win from him
    Pretty sure Ash can't use reserves due to the whole "Junipr holding his pokemon. Idk maybe later on that issue gets fixed. (I'm guessing it is like the games but you would think the issue in the anime would of been fixed ever since Gen 1-4 pokes began showing up after his 8th gym)

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    thought a full battle was 5 on 5, and didn't bother bringing a sixth Pokemon. Tell me how this gets past the League rules. He already got one break. Now were still spoon feeding hime?
    That was my biggest complaint about this episode and maybe the whole League in general. I mean there are rules that state how many Pokemon you have to bring to a full battle (6), yet Cameron broke that rule and still got to keep battling? And I don't use the "he had a disadvantage" excuse because it still doesn't remedy the situation; he broke the rules pure and simple and it's not fair that he got to stay in the battle. Had this been Ash instead, you know that he would have been disqualified on the spot. Cameron only got to stick around because it was convenient for the writers. I really dislike their inconsistency at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    That was my biggest complaint about this episode and maybe the whole League in general. I mean there are rules that state how many Pokemon you have to bring to a full battle (6), yet Cameron broke that rule and still got to keep battling? And I don't use the "he had a disadvantage" excuse because it still doesn't remedy the situation; he broke the rules pure and simple and it's not fair that he got to stay in the battle. Had this been Ash instead, you know that he would have been disqualified on the spot. Cameron only got to stick around because it was convenient for the writers. I really dislike their inconsistency at this point.
    Unfortunately, it really has never been stated that it was a rule to...

Oh wait, even in the games you can't fight a triple battle without three Pokémon at Drayden's gym. But that only concerns triple battles...

So in short, the Unova region has some illogical rules.

Way to ignore my big post revolving around this point when it aired in Japan.

Point: If Cameron can beat Ash without losing his 5 Pokemon why disqualify him.

Cameron would've only been disqualified had it come to the point where Ash beat Lucario, Cameron had no more, thus it would lose.

Just because it was a full battle doesn't mean a person has to have all 6 Pokemon.

Or should Tobias have been disqualified because he only used 2 Pokemon against Ash?

And there is no difference between the two situations, it's the same basic principle, which can only be divergent or problematic should the problem arise. It never does end up being a problem, so why disqualify Cameron for that.

He would've only been disqualified IF he had no more Pokemon to use, not because he blurted out that he only brought 5 Pokemon. It was Cameron that put himself at a disadvantage and would've been his own fault if he lost.

But you can't disqualify someone like that in the middle of the battle, when even if the odds are slim, Cameron didn't even need all 6 of his Pokemon to win.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 6th April 2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

R.I.P All the international viewers who had high expectations of Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It's slightly better than being DQd or losing to a meowth and depending on who losing to a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's slightly better than being DQd or losing to a meowth and depending on who losing to a legend.
    But then it'd be worse considering the fact that Ash is losing to a mega fanboy who's quite not right in the head.

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    So basically a battle between two pokemon of equal power and one barely scraping the win is the only "true" way for Ash to lose?

I wonder how this will effect international fans since there's bound to be whiplash cause of this league compared to previous ones.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 7th April 2013 at 1:31 AM.

I loved the battle between Cameron and Ash. It was cool seeing Hydriegon get his debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I loved the battle between Cameron and Ash. It was cool seeing Hydriegon get his debut.
    You clearly forgot the other Hydreigon in the previous episodes.

Not exactly a good episode. This battle feels very rushed, it's like as if the writers just want to move on already. This episode was sort of boring, too. My only highlight would be Snivy getting to battle, even though she doesn't get any wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    So basically a battle between two pokemon of equal power and one barely scraping the win is the only "true" way for Ash to lose?

I wonder how this will effect international fans since there's bound to be whiplash cause of this league compared to previous ones.
    He can also be demolished by legendaries but YMMV on that particular way to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I don't know about you but the only way I want Ash to lose, is if it's a legitmately tough battle. Not an easy battle because of poor choice selection (on both sides).

I don't want a sudden evolution in the 2nd to last Pokemon and beat two more Pokemon for the win. At least when Ash evolved to win, it was always the last match up. Not some horrible match up.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Lol, my sister was looking forward to the Unova League (she only watches the show during Leagues) and she was so hyped for it but this morning she came running into my room to rant about it. I hollered because she expected so much and was so furious after watching this particular episode. I can imagine how she'll react next weekend.

Anyway, who is Cameron's English VA? I could've sworn I heard that voice somewhere before (this is my first time hearing Cameron's English voice).

Personally I don't think the battle was as bad as people make out. The silly decisions made my Cameron should not be a surprise to you considering what you saw in previous episodes so all the pokemon choices and the 5v6 thing doesn't surprise me as I became accustomed to it. The action within the battle was enjoyable too. It made sense that hydreigon took three pokemon to take it down because it was so powerful and you can say the same for Pikachu on Ash's side. The final battles contained/will contain Riolu/Lucario which should result in a exciting end.

Overall, the only thing that annoyed me during this battle is there was a lack of ebb and flow between the two opponents. At the start it was all Cameron, then it was all Ash and then it has equalled towards the end.

Anyway, on to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Oh, this episode is pretty fun! So Ash and Cameron begin their 6 on 6 full battle, with Hydreigon up first!

Haha, I thought for a 6 on 6 full battle it had a different feel to it and nicely fast paced. Wow, so Hydreigon is in battle for more than half the episode but it is Cameron's secret weapon after all. Anyway, Hydreigon took out both Boldore and Oshawott! Lol, I really like Oshawott vs Hydreigon its funny while also cool! Next up, is Pignite vs Hydreigon! :P

Yeah, so Pignite clashing with Hydreigon looks cool! Yay, Pignite finally took out Hydreigon and then Ferrothorn but lost to Samurott. Man, Pikachu's battles were cool too; taking out both Samurott and Swanna! So Riolu is up but Cameron thought its a 5 on 5, so only Riolu left! Man, Riolu is strong! Unfezant out, Snivy is up! So far Snivy vs Riolu is pretty good! :O

So anyway, it looks like Riolu evolves into Lucario! Oh man, this episode is pretty good with a few surprises too! I'm so looking forward to the next episode!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

For a while this battle played off as two kids having fun, because that is what Ash and Cameron are. They are 10 year old boys and best friends.

I loved how excited Ash and Cameron were getting, it was cute. But the two soon realized they had to get serious if either of them wants to win.

The scene of Cameron mistakenly thinking a full battle requires five Pokémon was hilarious, especially with the reactions from him, Ash and Riolu.

Anyway, who is Cameron's English VA? I could've sworn I heard that voice somewhere before (this is my first time hearing Cameron's English voice).
    Rory Max Kaplan: - http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/en...e.php?id=18705 - he is a new voice actor to the English dub of the Pokémon anime.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 7th April 2013 at 1:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Personally I don't think the battle was as bad as people make out. The silly decisions made my Cameron should not be a surprise to you considering what you saw in previous episodes so all the pokemon choices and the 5v6 thing doesn't surprise me as I became accustomed to it. The action within the battle was enjoyable too. It made sense that hydreigon took three pokemon to take it down because it was so powerful and you can say the same for Pikachu on Ash's side. The final battles contained/will contain Riolu/Lucario which should result in a exciting end.

Overall, the only thing that annoyed me during this battle is there was a lack of ebb and flow between the two opponents. At the start it was all Cameron, then it was all Ash and then it has equalled towards the end.

Anyway, on to the next one!
    It was the mistakes Ash made that got people mad... Pignite's tired, better let it face off against Samurott. Few minutes later, Pikachu's tired, better call it back for some rest :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast