Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Cameron's Secret Weapon (768)

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't know what the dub did, but I'm pretty sure they were only referred to as full battles. And unless you knew about full battles, it doesn't automatically equate to it being 6 on 6, we know that a full battle is a 6 on 6, but because we were told that's what it meant.

But if someone didn't know jack about Pokemon, like say your hypothetical cousin in a country that has no internet, or knowledge of Pokemon, it's unlikely he'll be able to discern that full battles = 6 on 6 battles.

Now Cameron obviously knows something about Pokemon, he's a trainer with conveniently powerful Pokemon, and you'd think he would know what a full battle actually is. But it could've easily been something that was never came up, similar to the situation, where you're trying to find someone and you coincidentally keep missing them.

Or it could be as simple as he was lied to by his parents, or something, who only wanted him to carry 5 Pokemon instead of 6, although his reaction was clearly more because of the former than the latter.

I mean looking at Cameron and who he is, I could see why his parents were to hypothetically lie to him, I mean could Cameron even take care of 6 Pokemon once, or is he going to forget, and then when he does remember, he sends out his Pokemon only to find a pile of bones.
    So in the end, it's the trainers' parents that never taught their children proper lessons.

Dman, the point i'm trying to make is, the fanbase wasn't expecting much of Ash's team before the league, so complaining about their preformance and Ash's preformance in general is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    dman even in the japanese version, Freddy stated that the next round was 6 vs 6.
    All I heard was "Full Battle"

I know Cameron is scatterbrained, but he had to hear something, to make it seem like he knew it was a full battle, even if he believed it was just a 5 on 5.

If all Freddy said was "6 on 6" then clearly Cameron was a really huge mistake to be included.

I can understand getting "full battle" mixed up, under the assumption he never knew what a real full battle.

But there's no excuse for ash to lose to someone who thought 6 on 6 meant 5 on 5.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Hahaha, I liked Oshawott's reaction to the twerps thinking Ash was using him as a throwaway pokemon. Poor oshawott. Too bad Oshawott hasn't learned any ice moves, at least it could have done a little damage to hydreigon then. Speaking as someone who had her back end handed to her by Ghetsis's hydreigon several times over on White, I'd go for the fast KO on that thing. I also liked the comments on Cameron and Bianca being scatterbrained. LOL

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I would have preferred Ash lost in the preliminary round to Cameron honestly.
    Last edited by J Ken; 2nd July 2013 at 1:20 AM.

This episode sucked!
    The whole battle just felt rushed. First, Cameron's secret OP weapon Hydriegon took out Ash's Boldore, then Ash sent out.......Oshawott of all Pokémon against Hydriegon! That was a really...really bad choice. I think Bianca was right about Oshawott, he really was a throw-away Pokémon.
    As expected, Oshawott got knocked out by Hydriegon before Ash's Pignite finally defeated it. After that Cameron sent out Ferrothorn against Pignite ???! Seriously Cameron, how stupid can you get? Ferrothron got knocked out by Pignite's one Flamethrower attack, so Cameron sent out Samurott. Samurott had the type advantage, so it took Pignite out and Ash sent out Pikachu. Samurott and Pikachu's battle were rushed and defeating Samurott with Iron tail instead of Thunderbolt of Electro Ball seemed kinda cheap. Using Swanna against Pikachu was total joke. As expected, Swanna went down easily, just like Ferrothorn.

Then Cameron revealed the most stupid part of this episode! Cameron revealed that Riolu is his last Pokemon ..... Now that was just ridiculosly stupid! Cameron thought a full battle is 5 on 5, so he didn't even bother bringing a sixth Pokemon with him. Whoa....seriously? Things like this really annoys me! Being a scatterbrain dosen't cut making a ridiculous mistake like that. *Sigh*, it makes me wonder how in the world he got away with breaking a league rule? He should've been disqualified for this, but sadly he didn't......Sigh!

So Ash recalled Pikachu and sent out Unfezent, but Riolu easily defeated her and Ash choose Snivy.
    It looked like Snivy had the upper hand in the battle but then... Mid-battle Evolution happened! Now it seemed like Snivy and Pikachu might lose to Lucario in the next episode.
    Overall, this episode was stupid.....that's all.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 10th January 2014 at 6:30 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Dont know if anyone pointed this out but Ash losing 5v6 is a big **** you to the idea of Ash, he is supposed to be the "underdog", so giving him an advantage is just stupid.

in retrospect this might be my least favorite episode of the entire show.

with all the glorification pignite and pikachu got, ive named them Piggybank, and Pikaching.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Dont know if anyone pointed this out but Ash losing 5v6 is a big **** you to the idea of Ash, he is supposed to be the "underdog", so giving him an advantage is just stupid.

in retrospect this might be my least favorite episode of the entire show.

with all the glorification pignite and pikachu got, ive named them Piggybank, and Pikaching.
    In the games hydeign alone would have swept ash several times over, so ash is still the underdog.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    In the games hydeign alone would have swept ash several times over, so ash is still the underdog.
    Ash would be a underdog in the majority of his battles just going based off the games.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Ash would be a underdog in the majority of his battles just going based off the games.
    Exactly. The only time he was the upperdog was the battle vs casey.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011