Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: what animals haven't been turned into Pokémon yet?

Hybrid View

Question what animals haven't been turned into Pokémon yet?

Prior to generation V, we didn't have Pokemons based on polar bear, centipede, leopard, vulture and ant. Then Generation V brought out Beartic, Scolipede, Liepard, Mandibuzz and Durant, respectively. This is tendence for the next generations, soon all the animals will have at least one Pokemon based on them, and Nintendo will start creating different Pokemons for a same animal.

Well, post ideas of animals (or objects ^^) that haven't been turnedo into Pokémon yet. I'll start out with two suggestions:

1) Peacock

2) Reindeer

There hasn't been a narwhal Pokémon. Or a lemur. Or an aye-aye.

Also, Stantler is a reindeer. Even Santa uses them in a Chronicles episode.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I cannot think of any that are based on goats, traditional lions, or mosquitoes. I actually would want to see a yellow jacket, even though I hate them. It would be a change (mind you, do not point out Beedrill, that is a bee).
    Last edited by Hydreigon6507; 21st December 2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

I'd really like a hamster,a fly and a dolphin Pokemon. Flies are super common and they still haven't made a Pokemon of that yet, surely there's Pokemon that annoy people to death. Hamsters are cute and I had one as a pet before so I'd like one (R.I.P. little Sicki). Dolphins are cool and cute so I'd like a dolphin Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPokeLover View Post
    I'd really like a hamster,a fly and a dolphin Pokemon. Flies are super common and they still haven't made a Pokemon of that yet, surely there's Pokemon that annoy people to death. Hamsters are cute and I had one as a pet before so I'd like one (R.I.P. little Sicki). Dolphins are cool and cute so I'd like a dolphin Pokemon.
    Bidoof is a hamster in my eyes

I'd like to see a raccoon and a wombat :3

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post

I'd like to see a raccoon :3
    Zigzagoon is one.

I'd like to see one based on a fly though.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post

I'd like to see a raccoon and a wombat :3
    Zigzagoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Fluff the Second View Post

So sorry for your loss... I know the feels, I named my Dedenne Puffle.

There is still no pure wolf, which I think is kind of funny. Suicune might be one, but the legendary beast are pretty difficult to tell, so I wouldn't count them as pure. This also means I think we need a tiger, since Raikou seems to be mostly or part Smilodon.

And, BTW, Mightyena is a hyena.
    traditional lions
    What do you mean by "traditional lion"? Because we do have Luxray.
    Also, Stantler is a reindeer. Even Santa uses them in a Chronicles episode.
    Nope. Just a deer. The chrismtas chronicles proves nothing - not only were there no better reindeer at the time, it's not like they were made specifically for that show or something.

However, Shaymin Skyform makes me think of the reindeer. It looks like one, and it also flies, even if it is x4 weak to ice.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 21st December 2012 at 11:13 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

I'm with everyone who's in the dolphin/koala/goat camp. Especially goats, because I love goats. Bonus points if the goat pokémon fights by eating everything, I just love watching those things eat.

That and turkeys. It's surprising there isn't a turkey that evolves into a peacock or something similar yet. There isn't really a porcupine yet either. Just a hedgehog and a particularly prickly pangolin. And being the Octoboy, can I also suggest a squid? Maybe even evolving from a cuttlefish? More cephalopods are always welcome, even if there are alrea

What I also definitely agree on is that the world of pokémon is really missing some dipterans. All we've got so far is the wingless venonat. Why not make flies, mosquitoes and gnats to plague trainers to the point of begging for zubat's return? Earthworms are also conspicuously absent. Seems pretty obvious and easy to make, no? Why are they stuck making cameo appearances as non-pokéfied meals for spearow and magikarp?

I'd also like to see a donkey. Ungulates as a whole are pretty down on their luck when it comes to being pokéfied, really. Why not an okapi pokémon? That actually sounds kind of cool. As for reindeer, I do kind of agree that stantler isn't specifically a reindeer just because Poké-Santa has them (Santa's reindeer usually hardly look like actual reindeer in any depiction, actually), but I'm not sure there needs to be a pokémon that looks more like a reindeer. I think I'd actually personally rather see stantler evolve into a moose-looking thing. The designers might be able to do some cool things with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon6507 View Post
    I actually would want to see a yellow jacket, even though I hate them. It would be a change (mind you, do not point out Beedrill, that is a bee).
    What evidence is there of beedrill being distinctly a bee and not a wasp besides what a translator decided to call it? It's a mean, lean stinging machine without any fuzz, I'd say beedrill is wasp enough. Combee's more of a bee, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    There is still no pure wolf, which I think is kind of funny. Suicune might be one, but the legendary beast are pretty difficult to tell, so I wouldn't count them as pure. This also means I think we need a tiger, since Raikou seems to be mostly or part Smilodon.
    I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to wolves. I mean, yeah, I can see that there's really no pokémon that is just a plain wolf, but so many of them dance around that distinction that it makes me kind of hesitant to think there needs to be a true blue wolf. Sure, manectric, zoroark and the others aren't quite wolves, but with all of them and a slew of other vaguely feral canine-looking things (plus all the ones people insist are such, like mightyena), does there actually need to really be one?

I've got similar thoughts on some of the other suggestions, like raccoon and triceratops. Sure zigzagoon and shieldon are probably closer to tanuki and protoceratops/other ceratopsians, but is that really not close enough?

..Wait, is there a llama yet? Come on, who doesn't love llamas? I'd say Sugimori should consider that.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    .What do you mean by "traditional lion"? Because we do have Luxray.
    Luxray is just a big furry cat in my view, not a lion. Both male and female Luxray have mane. In the real life, Lions have mane, but lionesses doesn't.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 22nd December 2012 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Luxray is just a big furry cat in my view, not a lion. Both male and female Luxray have mane. In the real life, Lions have mane, but lionesses doesn't.
    Even with that inconstancy, its still the closest pure lion we got. And the female may still have a mane, but it is actually shorter than the males. So at least they added something to distinguish between the genders. Just like the lions in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialbeamcanon View Post
    Even with that inconstancy, its still the closest pure lion we got. And the female may still have a mane, but it is actually shorter than the males. So at least they added something to distinguish between the genders. Just like the lions in real life.
    In real life, lionesses don't even have short mane, they utterly have no mane.

This is probably why a member posted previously that we need a "traditional" lion.

And I agree with you that Luxray is the closest animal to a lion, but its face is more like a cat than a lion.

They should make a pokemon inspired by this thing
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...0nsao1_500.jpg

Name: Scorch
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    If you've played the the metal gear solid series you should get this.

Pandaca Pygmea,may be smaller than Joltik.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReckless1 View Post
    If they gonna make this one,I want to see this as a Dragon-type.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, "If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven."
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

I would love to see a flamingo Pokemon. With a Fire/Water typing. It's perfect.

Others I'd like to see are a hummingbird, bottlenose dolphin, swordfish, capybara, cockatiel/cockatoo, mosquito, cassowary, and a red panda.

Oh, and another penguin line. Because you can never have too many penguins.

Edit: @dirkac, isn't Kingdra partially based on a leafy sea dragon?

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Edit: @dirkac, isn't Kingdra partially based on a leafy sea dragon?
    I see it based more on the Weedy Sea Dragon :P

Holy crap, how in the world have I not heard of this beautiful creature?

I was just thinking about this a few days ago, but I can't quite recall of which of those animals I haven't seen in Pokémon are...

Um... well, earthworms. Has that happened yet, I can't quite think of any at the moment. I figure Dunsparce kinda would be one, but even I don't know what animal that's supposed to be. But oh good Lord, a mosquito Pokémon. *shudders* Or how about a Pokémon based off a sea snake? We don't have one of those yet, right? Huntail I don't think counts.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

i want to see a woodpecker pokemon

Woah, what is that thing?

Edit: Actually, I just did a search by image.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaucus_atlanticus

That's one awesome looking creature.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

dolphin
    hummingbird
    Snowny owl
    veciraptor
    wovlearine
    tasmasion devil
    trandainal Kangaroo
    stegasaur
    clown fish

Sponge
    Kiwi bird
    Wooly Rhino
    Koala
    Tardigrade
    Leafy Sea Dragon

I would love to see a roadrunner Pokemon. I would also want to see more Pokemon based on animals from Australia. Sure, there is Kangaskhan, but to me, it seems too bulky for a kangaroo.

~My Black team~

The userbar is made by Sworn Metalhead!
    The team pose is made by Eeveelover824!
    I have claimed the PS1 game Crash Bandicoot!

Every gen they seem to make a family line that is based on a different type of Amphibian. Poliwag line for Treefrogs(Poliwrath is Amphibian Neoteny, look it up),Wooper for Salamanders/Newts, Mudkip for Mudpuppies, Crogunk for the Poison frogs, & Tympole for the Toad. Next gen the only amphibian they have left to work on is THIS.

I don't see it having its own evo line though. It looks better if it was a single stage. And it would probably be unique since we don't have single staged amphibian yet

Quote Originally Posted by Specialbeamcanon View Post
    Every gen they seem to make a family line that is based on a different type of Amphibian. Poliwag line for Treefrogs(Poliwrath is Amphibian Neoteny, look it up),Wooper for Salamanders/Newts, Mudkip for Mudpuppies, Crogunk for the Poison frogs, & Tympole for the Toad. Next gen the only amphibian they have left to work on is THIS.

I don't see it having its own evo line though. It looks better if it was a single stage. And it would probably be unique since we don't have single staged amphibian yet
    I actually designed a pokemon based of a Caelilan last year
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast