Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode N - Ash Speculation (Reserves, Quest) - NOT FOR CAPTURES/EVOLUTIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    As amazing as that sounds, it goes against Ash's character.
    Not to mention he doesn't even have 6 OU pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    And his Sinnoh team didn't? Do I need to remind you that Infernape hogged all the screentime, Torterra was a joke of a fully evolved starter, Gliscor got few appearances, Gible was pure comic relief till the end of the league, Staraptor was a Swellow wannabe, and Buizel was shafted at the end?
    His hoenn team was a band of mary sues, in sinnoh only infernape could dubiously be called one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    He did better than a 3rd stage grass starter.
    Am I the only one who thought of Sceptile and only realized that he was talking about Torterra while finishing his reply?

I know I am, but you know what I'm trying to say.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 22nd December 2012 at 7:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I'm saying that swellow had more defense than a frigging skarmory which is incredibly stupid.

When you see a team of Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor, Buizel, Gliscor, Gible and Pikachu you think ooh this team is gonna go far

When you see a team of Pikachu, Grovyle, Swellow, Glalie, Torkoal and Corphish you don;t get that Champion worthy team vibe.
    Some things sound good on paper but suck when it gets put in action note both sinnoh andhoenn had great teams but in full battles hoenn did way better than sinnoh
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    Some things sound good on paper but suck when it gets put in action note both sinnoh andhoenn had great teams but in full battles hoenn did way better than sinnoh
    And why exactly do you think I despise his Hoenn team so much?

Not to mention he doesn't even have 6 OU pokemon.

His hoenn team was a band of mary sues, in sinnoh only infernape could dubiously be called one.
    They weren't mary sues they had skill and they all had their fair share of loses too
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

And why exactly do you think I despise his Hoenn team so much?
    The only thing that I can guess and from what you said is that the writers made Ash's hoenn Pokemon stronger than usual, just for the sake of the league.
    hehe

His Sinnoh team was pretty much a bunch of Mary Sues, and his Kanto team, and his Johto team by your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    They weren't mary sues they had skill and they all had their fair share of loses too
    Incredibly skewed ratio of wins to losses, most of them defied logic. I can accept infernape taking a thunder, but not swellow surviving multiple rollouts that is just wrong/

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    The only thing that I can guess and from what you said is that the writers made Ash's hoenn Pokemon stronger than usual, just for the sake of the league.
    Are you kidding me? Save Torkoal all of Ashes Hoenn mons have maxed out IVs and are fully EV trained when he caught the,. They didn't bother making his team league worthy through moves and evolutions so they stuck to cheap DEM victories by having weak pokemon somehow overpower others through force of will alone. I thought we should have been over that by OI.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    His Sinnoh team was pretty much a bunch of Mary Sues, and his Kanto team, and his Johto team by your logic.
    Kanto gets a pass only due to it being the first, none of his Johto mons got that much glory save heracross and that in itself was wrong. All his Sinnoh team had faults, Infernape was abused and it took a long time to control blaze, Torterra had to cope with Lack of speed, Staraptor was shafted in battles so swellow seemed stronger at first, Buizel got screwed by power creep, Gliscor was a useless load for a long time, Gible had to take 10+ eps of ONSCREEN training to master DM, etc
    Last edited by LizardonX; 22nd December 2012 at 7:56 PM.

In a word, yes.
    It would be cool to see his old Pokemon, and it would be practical since they have more experience.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Are you kidding me? Save Torkoal all of Ashes Hoenn mons have maxed out IVs and are fully EV trained when he caught the,. They didn't bother making his team league worthy through moves and evolutions so they stuck to cheap DEM victories by having weak pokemon somehow overpower others through force of will alone. I thought we should have been over that by OI.
    Yeah you're completely right, but as I said before. Making a team of his strongest is completely against his character development. He's still a naive child who doesn't know the world isn't fair and won't submit to weaklings. It's why he keeps losing.
    hehe

Uh, the majority of his Unova Pokemon got beaten up at the Unova League and now people want his Oak'd Pokemon to come back and steal screen-time and development? No thank you. This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. We can't just have Ash dump his current team and work with other Pokemon; he needs to train his current Pokemon on-screen. Unfezant, Oshawott and Snivy all flopped this year and it's time for Ash to actually do something about it.

Are we seriously applying IVs and EVs to the anime? Really?

Although what I find even funnier is the constant use of the words "Mary Stu", and the more I see it, the more I am convinced that none of you actually know what it means and are using it a cover for why you don't like certain Pokemon.

Although considering certain peoples previous posts, the lack of knowledge really doesn't surprise me.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Default Could this be the first arc without a challenge for Satoshi?

So far we know of no challenge Satoshi will face during the arc. We knew of the Battle Frontier and the Orange Islands early on due to commercials and other stuff but here we know nothing. So my question is could this be the first arc where it has no challenge and instead just focus on an evil team? also how is it a bad idea? I mean Digimon pulled that quite well so I would not be shocked if we don't get a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    So far we know of no challenge Satoshi will face during the arc. We knew of the Battle Frontier and the Orange Islands early on due to commercials and other stuff but here we know nothing. So my question is could this be the first arc where it has no challenge and instead just focus on an evil team? also how is it a bad idea? I mean Digimon pulled that quite well so I would not be shocked if we don't get a challenge.
    I think they'll have some kind of Don Battle Tournament or Senior Cup but I don't think Ash will have to gain badges and symbols like he did in previous seasons.

We should go back to pokemon's roots. Gotta catch'em all!

This will never happen. It's not that kind of show and never was.

The writers will probably come up with something random for Ash to compete in

btw is there a Pokemon Smash episode tonight?

I would not mind at all if the rivals came at times to help against Plasma well more so Virgil,Langley and the fat guy. Would be sad to see them only appear for Don stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I think they'll have some kind of Don Battle Tournament or Senior Cup but I don't think Ash will have to gain badges and symbols like he did in previous seasons.
    I'm pretty much expecting this. I don't know if they'll introduce a new rival or something. Maybe N would serve as one. It doesn't really matter to me if he has one or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    I would not mind at all if the rivals came at times to help against Plasma well more so Virgil,Langley and the fat guy. Would be sad to see them only appear for Don stuff
    Am I the only one that sees Stephan as buffed and not fat?

And again, is there a smash episode tonight? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    This will never happen. It's not that kind of show and never was.
    Gary came close though..and its not like the writers have a problem with neglecting large numbers of pokemon in favor of shoving the small cute ones in our face

I believe they dropped this slogan some years ago since he gave up on that dream.

I might expect a Don tournament as well, this time with him winning the entire thing.

I just see more tournaments either PWT or Don George ones.

And again, is there a smash episode tonight?
    guys, answer it please

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Uh, the majority of his Unova Pokemon got beaten up at the Unova League and now people want his Oak'd Pokemon to come back and steal screen-time and development? No thank you. This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. We can't just have Ash dump his current team and work with other Pokemon; he needs to train his current Pokemon on-screen. Unfezant, Oshawott and Snivy all flopped this year and it's time for Ash to actually do something about it.
    That's precisely why Ash should bring in his reserves from Oak's ranch. All of his Pokémon, save for Krookodile, Leavanny, and maybe Snivy (but she's still a first stage Pokémon and a Grass-type, something done better by Sceptile and Bulbasaur), have been lackluster and are either not that powerful (Unfeazant) or have a noticeable flaw that prevents their power from being used to its fullest extent (Pignite and speed issue). If Team Plasma is powerful, Ash will need the help of his stronger Pokémon, rather than the lackluster Unova team. It's already virtually guaranteed that Charizard will be coming to Unova. He would be even more powerful if Pokémon like Sceptile or Snorlax come to assist, too.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast