Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode N - Ash Speculation (Reserves, Quest) - NOT FOR CAPTURES/EVOLUTIONS!

Guess: Ash has to Battle/Defeat the Seven Sages.

So technically it is a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Guess: Ash has to Battle/Defeat the Seven Sages.

So technically it is a challenge.
    And then Ash also has to get the Ocarina of time and turn seventeen as well right?

Ash should just follow N like an obdieient mareep, let him have a taste of being the sidekick for once.

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Reserves should return for every friggin' league.
    Agreed 100%

I did think Unova had great potential as a league without reserves since Ash had enough Unova Pokémon to make unique combinations for 6 on 6 matches. But that didn't happen. While I don't think the Unova league being terrible is because it lacked reserves it certainly didn't really give much reason to make any of Ash's Pokémon a star of a battle. Hoenn on the other hand would have been amazing if Ash just had a few more Pokémon to choose from, and I don't even mean his Kanto/Johto Pokémon but that he should have had more Hoenn Pokémon.

I know some people think "but with reserves his old Pokémon bring attention away from his new ones" but I say that isn't true. They bring attention to both. Johto certainly was mostly starring Ash's Oak'd Pokémon but in the 6 on 6 matches his mix of new and old Pokémon was exciting. Then you have Sinnoh where both Heracross and Gible got exciting battles with both being underused in their respective regions, I believe if Ash uses Oak'd Pokémon again we could see Torterra finally redeem itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    That's precisely why Ash should bring in his reserves from Oak's ranch. All of his Pokémon, save for Krookodile, Leavanny, and maybe Snivy (but she's still a first stage Pokémon and a Grass-type, something done better by Sceptile and Bulbasaur), have been lackluster and are either not that powerful (Unfeazant) or have a noticeable flaw that prevents their power from being used to its fullest extent (Pignite and speed issue). If Team Plasma is powerful, Ash will need the help of his stronger Pokémon, rather than the lackluster Unova team. It's already virtually guaranteed that Charizard will be coming to Unova. He would be even more powerful if Pokémon like Sceptile or Snorlax come to assist, too.
    Lol I'm glad they gave his Unova team realistic amounts of strength unlike his bulbasaur and squirtle and his entire hoenn team bar Torkoal.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Lol I'm glad they gave his Unova team realistic amounts of strength unlike his bulbasaur and squirtle and his entire hoenn team bar Torkoal.
    Oh boy you've going on overdrive aren't you? Nobody says anything bad about Ash's AG team as long as I am around.

Anyway, most of Ash's pokemon have similar types of strength. They can all take down pokemon that are twice their size.

Ash should not bring reserves he should stick with what he has they need development screen time and evolution. I'm looking at,you snivy scraggy and palpitoad
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    Ash should not bring reserves he should stick with what he has they need development screen time and evolution. I'm looking at,you snivy scraggy and palpitoad
    Snivy is fine,Scraggy could evolve maybe and Palpitoad could use some screentime

He should bring em back only for big battles, such as against the main antagonists or elite four type battles
    Epic trades for you!

FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

Offering:
    DWF:

Looking for:

Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

I think he'll compete in something or at least be apart of something huge. Maybe Cheren will be a role hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by RealRaymon View Post
    guys, answer it please
    No -__-
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I think he'll compete in something or at least be apart of something huge. Maybe Cheren will be a role hopefully

No -__-
    I didn't need your help, good people almost immediately PMed and answered me so, yes

I'd rather have the arc completely dedicated to defeating an evil team and having it be well done. Even if they throw in some final goodbye consolation tournament at the end for Ash to win, it wouldn't mean much to me anymore after the League. Maybe if they had Ash have a Full Battle against one of the lower Elite Four using some of his previous Pokemon...I wouldn't mind that.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Look dude I know you are trolling but that is just going way too far.
    Oy hush wit your hate lol. His Hoenn team was the best treated team.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oy hush wit your hate lol. His Hoenn team was the best treated team.
    I'm hating because they got disproportionate screentime and wins compared to more deserving pokemon. In no universe is it acceptable to portray a corphish stronger than a Torterra.

I hope so, I don't want to see anymore tournaments or gym quests, those sort of things. I'd like this arc to be plot driven and focus on Team Plasma since it is named after N.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I'm hating because they got disproportionate screentime and wins compared to more deserving pokemon. In no universe is it acceptable to portray a corphish stronger than a Torterra.
    Oh stop it, Turtwig beat things left and right in its first form. Just rewatch Roark, Gardenia and Wake's Gym battles, Turtwig was a tiny powerhouse like Ash's other pokemon.

It only started sucking when it evolved.

Either way, Ash will be doing some thing important so why not? We all know hes going to take on the boss, Ash V.S Team Plasma/N.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    That's precisely why Ash should bring in his reserves from Oak's ranch. All of his Pokémon, save for Krookodile, Leavanny, and maybe Snivy (but she's still a first stage Pokémon and a Grass-type, something done better by Sceptile and Bulbasaur), have been lackluster and are either not that powerful (Unfeazant) or have a noticeable flaw that prevents their power from being used to its fullest extent (Pignite and speed issue). If Team Plasma is powerful, Ash will need the help of his stronger Pokémon, rather than the lackluster Unova team. It's already virtually guaranteed that Charizard will be coming to Unova. He would be even more powerful if Pokémon like Sceptile or Snorlax come to assist, too.
    I don't see why Ash should dump his current Pokemon just because they weren't as effective at the League as some had hoped. I mean following this reasoning, Ash should have dumped several of his original Pokemon after the Indigo League, which he didn't do outside of Pidgeot's release, but that was for a different reason entirely. Ash needs to actually train his Pokemon, not just give up on them. This isn't like the games where you can deposit/release weak Pokemon and easily obtain others; Ash has demonstrated that he cares about his Pokemon on an emotional level, therefore he shouldn't just leave them at Oak's/Juniper's lab to rot. That's not the right way to go about things.

Blame the rat and the ape for that one <.<
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    And what's the point of Ash sticking with his current team if they're going to be mistreated, shown weak in battle, get poor development and make him do worse in the league while bulking the unnecessary development of sidekicks?

Ash can plenty use his regional team for badge hunting then mix with his reserves for the league (like Johto and Sinnoh).
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

i feel his Unova team still needs far improvement, more victories, more evolutions, final movesets(current movesets of some of his pokemon arent the best), i want to see what we got to see in Hoenn, n that was **** load of airtime/ battles, involving his team.
    i hope later later, they make ash challenge the other Battle Frontier, so we can see more epic battles/ victories over some legendaries.
    or/ and have another World Tournament, and although in the game the Elite 4's aren't involved in it, we saw the Unova Psychic Elite 4 in the Junior Cup, it'd be awesome to see Ash battle them and the Champions he never had the chance to fully battle them, 6 vs 6 style. and on that account, mix up his whole pokemon team from 1-5 regions.

i just feel that there needs to be better writting in this especially when it comes to team development man oh man does it suck this generation

I suppose a tournament can work; but yeah, what else can Ash strive for? I wonder. A clash with Team Plasma is near for certain, and TR getting in the way, also a good possibility. He's got some conflicts that will eventually pop up in the long run.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I don't think we're gonna see any kind of 'challenge' like the Battle Frontier this arc. I mean, we might get another Don George tournament or even possibly the introduction of the PWT, but I mostly think that this arc will be more plot driven. It makes me wonder what kind of struggle they'll give Ash throughout the arc.

This is not a thread made by CyberCubed?God almighty...
    Brave Bird!

Replies in Bold.
    Lol @ you telling me to "Get over it". Idc about Bianca or Trip, I couldn't care less if they were burned to death and happy little elf's danced around their graves. I was just pointing out that both characters went out oddly early in the tournament (Trip's early exit in particular was a huge suprise) I was just wondering if the writers did this because they hate the guy (probably) or it was all part of their master plan to redeem him in another league.

This saga has been really unpredicatble, traditions that we associate with the anime are being broken, so having Ash compete in the Unova league for a second time wouldn't suprise me. Saying that, Ash is probably more like to sing kumbaya around a camp fire with N and save the world this time around D:

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast