Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 291

Thread: Episode N - Ash Speculation (Reserves, Quest) - NOT FOR CAPTURES/EVOLUTIONS!

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Please god no.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    There's nothing for him to compete in and I doubt the possibility of a "Senior Cup", and if there is one, I bet it will be for "seniors", people like Stephan and Virgil.

    I hope this arc is plot-driven, because every time the writers make a tournament, they fudge it up in some way. I just want to see Ash battle N in a giant castle and then Ghetsis right after, I don't want anything but that.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Ash should just follow N like an obdieient mareep, let him have a taste of being the sidekick for once.
    I'd actually want to see them friends for a short while leading up to his reveal as a Plasma Member, but somehow I think they'll skip that part.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Hyperbolic Time Chamber
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I'd actually want to see them friends for a short while leading up to his reveal as a Plasma Member, but somehow I think they'll skip that part.
    But beating,the,regions main team IS NOT ASH'S JOB AND WON'T START NOW.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

    Pokemon Black Version 2

    I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Hyperbolic Time Chamber
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He should reneter the Indigo league.
    That,won't ever happen for multiple reasons
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

    Pokemon Black Version 2

    I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.M View Post
    Lol @ you telling me to "Get over it". Idc about Bianca or Trip, I couldn't care less if they were burned to death and happy little elf's danced around their graves. I was just pointing out that both characters went out oddly early in the tournament (Trip's early exit in particular was a huge suprise) I was just wondering if the writers did this because they hate the guy (probably) or it was all part of their master plan to redeem him in another league.

    This saga has been really unpredicatble, traditions that we associate with the anime are being broken, so having Ash compete in the Unova league for a second time wouldn't suprise me. Saying that, Ash is probably more like to sing kumbaya around a camp fire with N and save the world this time around D:
    I know what you mean! It could be like in the games for B/W original,

    in which you challenge the elite four again after Team plasma is defeated. Maybe with the anime, they will instead require some sort of "you need ten badges" thing. Ash can challenge Marlon and Draydren that way. We can have Snivy/Servine star (finally) and maybe someone other than Pikachu against Draydren?

    Then they can give us the epic battle we deserve, ala Paul/Ash style for Trip versus Ash. I'd actually like to see Serperior and Pikachu tie this time to cancel each other out, then let the rest of their team duke it out. This is coming from someone who loves Pikachu too.

    I wouldn't even care if they go straight into two 3 vs 3 battles, then do 6 vs 6 for Ash versus Paul and then have Ash properly lose in the top 4 or 2 (but losing down to the final pokemon from the other side) like i predicted originally lol

    I just love battles, so I wouldn't find it repetitive unless this post league would be just like this one..

    Or i can see the "real final tournament/league" being the world cup? I guess this would be too good to be true for the anime.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town
    Posts
    2,803

    Default

    I could see Ash returning to Kanto, being rejoined with all his friends (at least Brock and Misty) to win the League Championship (or win the Champions League after winning a regional conference elsewhere), and then defeating Elite 4 in the final season.

    As for Unova, I just want him to get the hell out of there after the N arc. This 'Kanto'-like reboot of a season has been terrible, and his entire team (except for Krook) needs to be Oak'd fast.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  8. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He should reneter the Indigo league.
    For a second there I thought you were me.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I could see Ash returning to Kanto, being rejoined with all his friends (at least Brock and Misty) to win the League Championship (or win the Champions League after winning a regional conference elsewhere), and then defeating Elite 4 in the final season.

    As for Unova, I just want him to get the hell out of there after the N arc. This 'Kanto'-like reboot of a season has been terrible, and his entire team (except for Krook) needs to be Oak'd fast.
    Why would Ash be rejoined by Misty and Brock? Where does this return to Kanto mean the original trio is returning come from? The BF arc had nothing to do with Kanto characters and a new one wouldn't either.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town
    Posts
    2,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Why would Ash be rejoined by Misty and Brock? Where does this return to Kanto mean the original trio is returning come from? The BF arc had nothing to do with Kanto characters and a new one wouldn't either.
    I said all his friends, but emphasized Brock and Misty because they were with him from Kanto and throughout his early travels (and also I am of the opinion that they are the most beloved of Ash's companions), and I feel they should be there at the very end. It would depict the show coming full circle, IMO.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I said all his friends, but emphasized Brock and Misty because they were with him from Kanto and throughout his early travels (and also I am of the opinion that they are the most beloved of Ash's companions), and I feel they should be there at the very end. It would depict the show coming full circle, IMO.
    Where did you get the idea that the show is coming full circle? Or that they're the most beloved? A quick glance around the forums show they're not any more popular than the rest of the main cast.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,507

    Default

    Nah Misty would never rejoin Ash, remember battle frontier? If he ever comes back to Kanto for anything (doubt it) his companions would be whoever tags along with him on whatever main region we're in by then.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Nah Misty would never rejoin Ash, remember battle frontier? If he ever comes back to Kanto for anything (doubt it) his companions would be whoever tags along with him on whatever main region we're in by then.
    Not to mention the fact that anyone voicing Misty besides the original VA would cause a major upset.
    hehe

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    Not to mention the fact that anyone voicing Misty besides the original VA would cause a major upset.
    She's always had the same voice in Japanese so it doesn't matter.

  15. #140

    Default

    Misty served her purpose as walking fanservice for 5 full sagas, let new girls take the spotlight.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town
    Posts
    2,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Where did you get the idea that the show is coming full circle? Or that they're the most beloved? A quick glance around the forums show they're not any more popular than the rest of the main cast.
    I said in the final season Ash should win it all in Kanto to make the show come full circle. And the second part is my opinion - the people at these forums represent only a small number. I would contend the majority of people who loved Pokemon stopped watching or caring for the show at the end of Johto or the middle of Hoenn, and therefore care for Misty and Brock much more than say, Iris and Cilan. It's just my opinion.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I said in the final season Ash should win it all in Kanto to make the show come full circle. And the second part is my opinion - the people at these forums represent only a small number. I would contend the majority of people who loved Pokemon stopped watching or caring for the show at the end of Johto or the middle of Hoenn, and therefore care for Misty and Brock much more than say, Iris and Cilan. It's just my opinion.
    The vast amount of kids watching the show now are 8-10 year olds who weren't even born when the first few seasons were airing. Do you actually realize how short lived the original trio actually was, especially if you don't count Orange Islands?

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town
    Posts
    2,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The vast amount of kids watching the show now are 8-10 year olds who weren't even born when the first few seasons were airing. Do you actually realize how short lived the original trio actually was, especially if you don't count Orange Islands?
    I'm aware of that, and you have a good point; Pokemon was much more popular back then however.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I'm aware of that, and you have a good point; Pokemon was much more popular back then however.
    And it makes no difference since the show constantly moves forward. This is why there has never been an original trio reunion since 2002.

    And why the last time we were in Kanto there were no Kanto references.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    That would be pretty bad way imo to prolong series until new games come out. In series which already have rather sub par ratings bringing lot of disappointments with climax of poor writing being league, last thing we need is repeat of whole badge quest from Unova series having Ash work toward it all over again. Especially so soon . What writers should strive toward is in coming up with unexpected, fresh twists, new story arcs and plots which would recapture viewers interest invoking desire to stay tuned toward show continuing to follow it.

    Such as some sort of new sidequest like Battle Frontier was or expansion of world cup from games which has potential and interesting premise to make substantial, story out of it giving Ash higher level of challenges to compete in and open door toward unexpected shaky surprises in form of older characters, like Dawn return was.

    Assuming we get something after N arc finish in first place.

    Not to mention assuming BW saga lasts only for 3 years going with current info, there wouldn't be enough time to make full fledged workable gym quest across Unova all over again.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Why would Ash be rejoined by Misty and Brock? Where does this return to Kanto mean the original trio is returning come from? The BF arc had nothing to do with Kanto characters and a new one wouldn't either.
    He is talking about final season of pokemon, and i could also see this possibility having some small chance of happening.Original trio established itself as group which started everything, paved way for future sagas to come and achieved huge popularity being most iconic and recognizable group in this show, so chance of having them reunited for one last ride during last season or something shouldn't be completely ruled out.

    Way i see it having them reunited for one last adventure would be nice way to wrap up long lasting show like pokemon ending it with those who started everything. It would nicely have things come full circle providing better finality and huge boost in ratings too with demand for first cast seeing light of day together again being massive.
    This would also provide opportunity to see writers tying up some loose ends going for them being given some character development and provide better finality.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Where did you get the idea that the show is coming full circle? Or that they're the most beloved? A quick glance around the forums show they're not any more popular than the rest of the main cast.
    Ash, Misty and Brock as cast definitely seems like most beloved one. Its enough to take quick glance all over the internet and massive demand there exists for their reunion. There is hardly any demand or indication of other groups in pokemon having that large following.

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Misty served her purpose as walking fanservice for 5 full sagas, let new girls take the spotlight.
    Real question is how many new girls in this show do we rally need? Imo it would be much more interesting to reuse some of popular previous companion people grew to like giving them more development, exploring more about their past and motives, break new grounds with their goals getting update etc.

    Personally i wouldn't mind Misty coming back being refreshing to see older character after so much time again and how she could work in today format. I enjoyed in her personality knowing how to spice things up(more than other girls imo anyway) and she never really got proper closure having lot of material to be done more with her pokemon, goal of becoming water master, past etc.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 23rd December 2012 at 7:44 PM.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town
    Posts
    2,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    And it makes no difference since the show constantly moves forward. This is why there has never been an original trio reunion since 2002.

    And why the last time we were in Kanto there were no Kanto references.
    Like I said, this won't happen as long as Ash continues on quest and there isn't a final season in sight.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Like I said, this won't happen as long as Ash continues on quest and there isn't a final season in sight.
    Even if the show does have a final season, again why do you think characters who have been gone for a decade, especially in Misty's case compared to Brock's, would be revived?

    The show would likely end with whoever Ash's friend are at the time. A quick Pallet Town party should suffice for everyone else.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town
    Posts
    2,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Even if the show does have a final season, again why do you think characters who have been gone for a decade, especially in Misty's case compared to Brock's, would be revived?

    The show would likely end with whoever Ash's friend are at the time. A quick Pallet Town party should suffice for everyone else.
    I'm just going to quote pokemon fan 132 because he summarized it perfectly:

    "Original trio established itself as group which started everything, paved way for future sagas to come and achieved huge popularity being most iconic and recognizable group in this show, so chance of having them reunited for one last ride during last season or something shouldn't be completely ruled out. completely rule out possibility of getting them reunited for last season or something with demand for it being huge among fans.

    Way i see it having them reunited for one last adventure would be nice way to wrap up long lasting show like pokemon ending it with those who started everything. It would nicely have things come full circle providing better finality and huge boost in ratings too with demand for first cast seeing light of day together again being massive.
    This would also provide opportunity to see writers tying up some loose ends going for them being given some character development and provide better finality
    ."
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,507

    Default

    Except you don't know that. There's no proof that says if May wasn't the first pokegirl she wouldn't be equally more more loved...

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I'm just going to quote pokemon fan 132 because he summarized it perfectly:

    "Original trio established itself as group which started everything, paved way for future sagas to come and achieved huge popularity being most iconic and recognizable group in this show, so chance of having them reunited for one last ride during last season or something shouldn't be completely ruled out. completely rule out possibility of getting them reunited for last season or something with demand for it being huge among fans.

    Way i see it having them reunited for one last adventure would be nice way to wrap up long lasting show like pokemon ending it with those who started everything. It would nicely have things come full circle providing better finality and huge boost in ratings too with demand for first cast seeing light of day together again being massive.
    This would also provide opportunity to see writers tying up some loose ends going for them being given some character development and provide better finality
    ."
    If that was the case why is Misty and Brock not everyone's favorite companions?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •