Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-3: Cheren [FIRST POST UPDATED 01/15]

My point wasn't that Oshawott already has too many, I'm just saying its a slippery slope from overshown starter to Pikachu status.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Because Ash swept the League only using Oshawott and Snivy ?, newsflash: Palpitoad and Leavanny got a better treatment than Oshawott and Snivy in the League, Palpitoad got a tie, he took down Zebstraika, but he went down as well, Leavanny got Sawk tired just to let Krookodile finish him, Oshawott was Hydreigon Chow and Snivy will be Lucario Food
    And you think base stage starters are obligated to do well in pokemon leagues? Johto was almost 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    My point wasn't that Oshawott already has too many, I'm just saying its a slippery slope from overshown starter to Pikachu status.

And you think base stage starters are obligated to do well in pokemon leagues? Johto was almost 10 years ago.
    Newsflash: Games =/= Anime, Ash has always brought base stage Pokémon to the League ... shocking, he sent Gible against a Darkrai

Newsflash: Games =/= Anime, Ash has always brought base stage Pokémon to the League ... shocking, he sent Gible against a Darkrai
    This seems to be your catch phrase. Now, he does but in Unova his stage starters doesn't even look league ready, corphish at least could harden spam I guess, Buizel got ice punch, Gible got Draco Meteor. Let me remind you how the darkrai battle turned out for said stage one. NEWSFLASH: It lost hard. What you expect cuteness and sass to carry them through the league where supposedly the best trainers in all of Unova go to compete?

This seems to be your catch phrase. Now, he does but in Unova his stage starters doesn't even look league ready, corphish at least could harden spam I guess, Buizel got ice punch, Gible got Draco Meteor. Let me remind you how the darkrai battle turned out for said stage one. NEWSFLASH: It lost hard. What you expect cuteness and sass to carry them through the league where supposedly the best trainers in all of Unova go to compete?
    Scraggy is a base stage Pokémon and even gave Ash a victory in the League, actually, it has a very good battle record only losing in the Donamite and against Brycen´s Cryogonal after taking down Vanillish, is not a sin to be unevolved, and is the same League where someone entered with a Darumakka, another guy with a Riolu that gave him two rounds and a guy with an Eevee is in the Quarter finals. Is not a sin to be unevolved.

But back on topic: Snivy needs more battles/victories than Leavanny, Oshawott and Palpitoad are pretty much on the same place

Scraggy is a base stage Pokémon and even gave Ash a victory in the League, actually, it has a very good battle record only losing in the Donamite and against Brycen´s Cryogonal after taking down Vanillish, is not a sin to be unevolved, and is the same League where someone entered with a Darumakka, another guy with a Riolu that gave him two rounds and a guy with an Eevee is in the Quarter finals. Is not a sin to be unevolved.

But back on topic: Snivy needs more battles/victories than Leavanny, Oshawott and Palpitoad are pretty much on the same place
    I would hardly call the win vs a darumakka a proper battle but at least it got one. But hey BW is all about cute and fluff over substance anyways especially with Scraggys wins in the donamite.

And I would say they could use battles in episodes like the crossdressing ep.Maybe come across another overly girly trainer for Snivy to take down a notch or some traveling clowns that happen to use water pokemon for Oshawott to battle in. Just that vs somewhat high caliber opponents like Cheren pokemon like leavanny and palpitoad makes more sense though I am still lamenting the loss of his BW1 team.

Everyone's arguing about who should fight, and I'm sitting here think it's ironic how they start in Nuvema Town and 2 EPISODES LATER the gang ends up across the ocean to Aspertia City!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

I would hardly call the win vs a darumakka a proper battle but at least it got one. But hey BW is all about cute and fluff over substance anyways especially with Scraggys wins in the donamite.

And I would say they could use battles in episodes like the crossdressing ep.Maybe come across another overly girly trainer for Snivy to take down a notch or some traveling clowns that happen to use water pokemon for Oshawott to battle in. Just that vs somewhat high caliber opponents like Cheren pokemon like leavanny and palpitoad makes more sense though I am still lamenting the loss of his BW1 team.
    I hardly found Oshawott, Tepig/Pignite and Scraggy "cute and fluff".

I pick Oshawott as my starter but I don´t think it´s cute, is kinda cool, but not cute, Tepig/Pignite aren´t cute either and I don´t know where I read that it was the less appealing Unova starter, and Scraggy is just plain ugly, Snivy barely appears and the rest of Ash´s team are already evolved, not even Emolga appears that much.

IF Ash gets to battle Cheren, and if he uses Herdier, any of the team would be fine battling it, Stoutland would be a different story.

Why are you implying that "Pikachu status" is a bad thing?

Anyway, do we have any new information about this episode? 'Cause right now it's not sounding so great. Just another episode about an in-game character who should have appeared a long time ago. It's like all the good characters from the BW era are being shoved into this arc. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
    Last edited by Lorde; 28th December 2012 at 4:49 AM.

I hardly found Oshawott, Tepig/Pignite and Scraggy "cute and fluff".

I pick Oshawott as my starter but I don´t think it´s cute, is kinda cool, but not cute, Tepig/Pignite aren´t cute either and I don´t know where I read that it was the less appealing Unova starter, and Scraggy is just plain ugly, Snivy barely appears and the rest of Ash´s team are already evolved, not even Emolga appears that much.

IF Ash gets to battle Cheren, and if he uses Herdier, any of the team would be fine battling it, Stoutland would be a different story.
    We will probably never reach an agreement so I'll just say this at least give palpitoad his due. I don't even care about anyone else at this point, whatever happened to everyone else he really didn't need a tie especially since he had not had an actual win since Elesa?

That is all.

OT: I wonder if Alder will show up as a Cameo since he played a big role for Cheren in the games.

We will probably never reach an agreement so I'll just say this at least give palpitoad his due. I don't even care about anyone else at this point, whatever happened to everyone else he really didn't need a tie especially since he had not had an actual win since Elesa?

That is all.

OT: I wonder if Alder will show up as a Cameo since he played a big role for Cheren in the games.
    At least Palpitoad got a new move, a very cool new move :3, I think he will evolve, even if he has a solid moveset right now, he only needs screentime

Because Ash swept the League only using Oshawott and Snivy ?, newsflash: Palpitoad and Leavanny got a better treatment than Oshawott and Snivy in the League, Palpitoad got a tie, he took down Zebstraika, but he went down as well, Leavanny got Sawk tired just to let Krookodile finish him, Oshawott was Hydreigon Chow and Snivy will be Lucario Food
    Hahaha Actually the only ones who got crappy League treatment was Scraggy, Unfezant & Boldore. Boldore may have gotten in a Rock Smash but that was it. Scraggy got a really short battle where it didn't even use Focus Blast. Did Unfezant even damage Riolu? Oshawott hit Hydreigon with a Razor Shell, Hydro Pump, & Tackle, doing a really good amount of damage to it. And Snivy got Riolu to the point of evolving.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Hahaha Actually the only ones who got crappy League treatment was Scraggy, Unfezant & Boldore. Boldore may have gotten in a Rock Smash but that was it. Scraggy got a really short battle where it didn't even use Focus Blast. Did Unfezant even damage Riolu? Oshawott hit Hydreigon with a Razor Shell, Hydro Pump, & Tackle, doing a really good amount of damage to it. And Snivy got Riolu to the point of evolving.
    Scraggy at least could snatch a victory from Pikachu, Pignite and Krookodile =S

ash will not be warring against Cheren or iris battle against Cheren, who will battle Cheren will be Nonomi and his Tepig

Quote Originally Posted by bryanjuan View Post
    ash will not be warring against Cheren or iris battle against Cheren, who will battle Cheren will be Nonomi and his Tepig
    Who is Nonomi? Is that the CotD from the Juniper Lab episode?

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

ah she is, she appears in the anime to be rival ash and Oshawott

So, Nonomi gets Tepig in the first episode, then two episodes later she has her first Gym battle? Ash could learn a thing or two from this speedster!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Oshawott does not have way more battles than it needs. It hasn't even had a technical battle, other than Kotetsu, in, what, 60 episodes? Somewhere around there. When it did battle against Kotetsu, it lost. It has a few notable wins- Pansage, Watchog, Blitzle- but it needs a good battle. Let me break it down for you:

Good for now:

-Pikachu
    -Pignite
    -Krookodile
    -Leavanny

In the middle:

-Scraggy
    -Boldore
    -Unfezant

In need of battles:

-Palpitoad
    -Snivy
    -Oshawott

Of course this is opinion based, but I think a lot of people would agree that Oshawott could use a win..
    I actually agree with you, even if Boldore could easily go into the "Need to battle" section.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

nonomi vai do have a rivalry against Tepig Oshawott, and when Tepig evolves into Pignite nonomi of the Pignite evolves into the ash emboar, same thing happened to bianca ash Tepig Pignite

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    So, Nonomi gets Tepig in the first episode, then two episodes later she has her first Gym battle? Ash could learn a thing or two from this speedster!
    I don't believe it's confirmed. I think it's speculation at the moment. I hope she doesn't... We already witnessed Kotetsu's gym battle, and Ash has many members that could use a good battle...

I respect your opinion and even think like you, think more, ash vs homika, Kotetsu vs. Marlon, Iris vs Drayden, Nonomi Tepig> Pignite vs Cheren what you think

I respect your opinion and even think like you, think more, ash vs homika, Kotetsu vs. Marlon, Iris vs Drayden, Nonomi Tepig> Pignite vs Cheren what you think
    I guess it makes sense when you think of it like that, but I still think that Ash has many, many Pokemon that need a good battle.

I agree and think a pokemon that is deserves a scraggy,

I agree and think a pokemon that is deserves a scraggy,
    Scraggy!? Scraggamuffins just got a league win, even if it was only a Darumaka. Oshawott and Snivy could use wins...

Beating a Darumaka is nothing to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Beating a Darumaka is nothing to be proud of.
    It's still better than what Oshawott, Snivy, Unfezant, Boldore, Leavanny got....which was nothing.
    ----

As for me, I still really haven't formed an opinion on this episode, I mean YAY at least Cheren (still dislike him) is now a gym leader and stuff, but I can't seem to really care.

Maybe it's because Iris was being considered for gym leadership in Opelucid City, and then we have to have this episode. But I guess if this helps Iris become a gym leader, then I guess it will be worth it.

So I'm assuming Iris, is the one who will get focus in this episode if anyone because Cheren is a NEW gym leader, with Iris potentially becoming a gym leader.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast