Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-3: Cheren [FIRST POST UPDATED 01/15]

would love to see charizard facre stoutland. "."

let' see where they will head with Cheren appearing now. he will probably reccur over the curse of the saga.

still hoping one if the main girls appear.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

It is kind of obvious that she wont be connected to him because Bianca was starting at the same time as Trip & Ash.Cheren could of travelled the region 2 years ago & we are catching up with the events of
    BW2.Plus he is probably just appearing as a Gym Leader/Plasma Buster

I'm betting the girl picks Tepig, because of one scan that showcases a 'featured' pokemon, so yeah.. Tepig > Pignite > Beats Cheren easily.. -.-

Anyway, is anybody noticing that now that we have titles that the 'umph'-factor for Episode N is dieing down like mad? xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I'm betting the girl picks Tepig, because of one scan that showcases a 'featured' pokemon, so yeah.. Tepig > Pignite > Beats Cheren easily.. -.-

Anyway, is anybody noticing that now that we have titles that the 'umph'-factor for Episode N is dieing down like mad? xD
    The Pignite vs Herderier battle could be a good chance to show off Cheren's strength. I'm excited either way to see Cheren battle!

and yes the 'umph' factor like U said is dieing a bit! But that's normal, just like it was with BW2. This first bunch of episodes should be good and interesting so people catch up on the story! But all depends where they are heading with the whole story! It will be interesting to see where they are headed and if Ash will have a goal here . . .
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    The Pignite vs Herderier battle could be a good chance to show off Cheren's strength. I'm excited either way to see Cheren battle!

and yes the 'umph' factor like U said is dieing a bit! But that's normal, just like it was with BW2. This first bunch of episodes should be good and interesting so people catch up on the story! But all depends where they are heading with the whole story! It will be interesting to see where they are headed and if Ash will have a goal here . . .
    Nah, with BW2, people still believed it was going to be 50 episodes long and whatnot.. They fell for the stupid marketing ploy..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

Wait are you saying said tepig will evolve in 2 episodes? God it must be such an embarassment for Ash to need 70 to evolve his :P

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Wait are you saying said tepig will evolve in 2 episodes? God it must be such an embarassment for Ash to need 70 to evolve his :P
    Not to mention all the time it spent with suwama or whatever his name is
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Hahahahahaahaha, they're introducing Cheren even after making Trip? That'd be like having Blue waltz on in after introducing Gary and building up that rivalry.

Man, even the writers seem to want to troll Trip now.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    And for Oshawott, Snivy and Scraggy to not be evolved yet xD

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Hahahahahaahaha, they're introducing Cheren even after making Trip? That'd be like having Blue waltz on in after introducing Gary and building up that rivalry.

Man, even the writers seem to want to troll Trip now.
    That's not the same. While Gary is obviously based on Blue, Trip isn't based on Cheren. They don't even look the same. And besides, Trip is a Pokemon trainer while Cheren is a gym leader.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    That's not the same. While Gary is obviously based on Blue, Trip isn't based on Cheren. They don't even look the same. And besides, Trip is a Pokemon trainer while Cheren is a gym leader.
    Please tell me your joking? Trip whole personality was based on Cheren... they each had a desire to become the strongest trainers in Unova, each didn't really respect Alder much till later on, and each held the belief that power was the only means of strength.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Please tell me your joking? Trip whole personality was based on Cheren... they each had a desire to become the strongest trainers in Unova, each didn't really respect Alder much till later on, and each held the belief that power was the only means of strength.
    Yet Cheren didn't behave like a douche around Hilbert/Hilda and Bianca.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

You'll be right if Cheren was introduce as Ash's rival, but now Cheren is a gym leader and he has a totally new personality.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Yet Cheren didn't behave like a douche around Hilbert/Hilda and Bianca.
    That's typical of all Ash's rivals...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The story was based on him, the personality not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The story was based on him, the personality not really.
    Exactly this. Trip is a lot different then Cheren in terms of personality. We never saw Cheren take pictures with a camera did we?

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    I thought Blue was the girl and the Gary-like character was Green.

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Exactly this. Trip is a lot different then Cheren in terms of personality. We never saw Cheren take pictures with a camera did we?
    Taking pictures is a hobby not a personality trait. Bad example.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Why didn't Cheren appear before this? I mean, Trip was hardly like him aside from Alder but even that was loosely brought over and being friends with Bianca would've made for some good chemistry if anything. They clearly didn't know about his role in BW2.

Trip was just a desperate exclusive anime character who tried to be a pseudo-Cheren. I don't know if the anime writers are told about whatever Game Freak has in mind for the future ahead of time (which seems very likely) that told two years ago about Cheren's Gym Leader status, but Trip was a total waste of character space. I would've really liked if Cheren took over Trip's role (and completely destroyed Camoron's chances of coming out of nowhere) and became a friendly rival who could really bond with Ash while still having his Champion desires intact AND displaying well-developed battle skills that'd make Ash shudder in his ten-year old body. I drool at the thought about Cheren and Ash fighting the action-packed full battle in the league, but noooooooooooo, the rivals in this region are atrocious at best except for maybe Georgia.

But now we'll have to face a young Bianca running around with an older Cheren, unless Bianca grows two years older and gains a few pounds in the span of one episode or more. That does not bode me well.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 1st January 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

That concerns me the most. Bianca and Cheren. It seems very likely that we'll see both of them in the anime, but I wonder will they change Bianca's design. I know it's quite easy, but still......

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

But now we'll have to face a young Bianca running around with an older Cheren, unless Bianca grows two years older and gains a few pounds in the span of one episode or more. That does not bode me well.
    If anything she'd just change her outfit. She doesn't really look that much older between games.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Why didn't Cheren appear before this? I mean, Trip was hardly like him aside from Alder but even that was loosely brought over and being friends with Bianca would've made for some good chemistry if anything. They clearly didn't know about his role in BW2.
    Game freak said themselves they weren't sure orginally how they were gonna do it.

"After black and white were finished, we sat down at the table to discuss how we were gonna do the next game. We decided to make two games because we wanted to implement something that we couldn't do in Black and white 1. And sequels kinda just came up from there."

It went like that. I...don't have a source for my info, so you can believe me or not. But the idea of a sequel, or any character placements (like iris being champion) were not made when the games were released, or even for bits after.

The anime writers went with what they had I guess. If you must know, this was during some interview about how they made black and white 2 right after they came out. Its also where I learned that Unna Appearantly directed black and white 2...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimKennedy View Post
    I thought Blue was the girl and the Gary-like character was Green.
    In english the guy is green and in japanese he is blue
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    In english the guy is green and in japanese he is blue
    ....but i go into B&W2, and it tells me that the guy's name is "blue" when i fight The game counterpart of gary in the english version of the PWT.

I think we've go a mix up of facts here...lol

EDIT: **** I CALLED HIM "gay"...LOL
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast