Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-3: Cheren [FIRST POST UPDATED 01/15]

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I think Oshawott will win. He hasn't won a battle in a long time.
    I do as well. Well I hope the thing wins. A decent win and people may lay off on the bashing a little

I think Oshawott will win. He hasn't won a battle in a long time.
    Remember when he used to win battles? Whatever happened to that?

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I do as well. Well I hope the thing wins. A decent win and people may lay off on the bashing a little
    Haha I wish, but I know it'll never end, not even when he leaves Ash's team. It's his destiny to be bashed apparently, but at least he's out-selling all the other Pokemon minus Pikachu.

Do we have any idea of what Iris is doing in this episode? I haven't really heard much about her, and given that Axew caused so much trouble, I have to wonder if she'll manage to make up for its lack of discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    But we all know what writers are made off. They could easily make a tie or a loss for Oshawott...
    Normally I would agree with this, but this is Oshawott. He's the money maker.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    They realized they needed to focus on Ash's other pokes because they desperately needed it.

If Cheren is a noob gym leader, like in the games where you are his first official gym challenger, I'd like to think that Oshawott has a good chance in this fight...

Or the writers will continue to crap all over Ash's prior accomplishments by having him lose to a newbie gym leader (which looks super bad after beating all these more experienced gym leaders)... but yet again, these are the same writers that let Ash put up a good fight in the Sinnoh League with some amazing battles and then a few episodes later, have his prized Pikachu beaten by a new trainer's Snivy O.o;

About Cilan catching either Shinx or Ducklett; I don't know, I doubt he'll catch anything here. If he is to catch either, I'd prefer Ducklett just because he already has a (neglected ) Stunfisk and I don't think two Electric-types on his team are neccesary. Plus, Ducklett/Swanna totally looks like a Cilan Pokemon, I've thought that for a while (ever since BW020 - which still remains one of my favorite BW episodes, oddly enough...).
    X:

OR:

Quote Originally Posted by johno1995 View Post
    If Cheren is a noob gym leader, like in the games where you are his first official gym challenger, I'd like to think that Oshawott has a good chance.

Or the writers will continue to crap all over Ash's prior accomplishments by having him lose to a newbie gym leader (which looks super bad after beating all these more experienced gym leaders)... but yet again, these are the same writers that let Ash put up a good fight in the Sinnoh League with some amazing battles and then a few episodes later, have his prized Pikachu beaten by a new trainer's Snivy O.o;
    I'm pretty sure there are no "noobs" in the anime. I mean with that logic a trainer getting a Pokemon in the 8th gym city would be screwed XD. Wasn't there a girl who just became a gym leader in AG and was a great battler with some strong pokes?

They realized they needed to focus on Ash's other pokes because they desperately needed it.
    Yet they failed at it. Hard.

Haha, I know right? That's why I don't buy that excuse. I think the writers merely realized that Oshawott was already so popular that giving him victories was practically pointless since most of his fans didn't care either way whether he won or lost. It may have even been funny to some people when Oshawott lost given his dynamic facial expressions and all.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are no "noobs" in the anime. I mean with that logic a trainer getting a Pokemon in the 8th gym city would be screwed XD. Wasn't there a girl who just became a gym leader in AG and was a great battler with some strong pokes?
    Good point, lol. I think I'm just being hopeful that this battle is a win for Ash instead of another defeat/interrupted & unresolved battle -___-

Um, yeah it was Flannery I think
    X:

OR:

Ya it would of been much better to just give all the battles to Mijumaru, then Ash could of used Mijumaru against Trip's Serperior and been 1 shotted at the league causing Ash to lose in round 1 .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Normally I would agree with this, but this is Oshawott. He's the money maker.
    I would agree with this too, but I thought Oshawott was making money even without winning battles.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I like the shot of the students using the internet for research. It's cool to see the Pokemon world look like ours more but with Pocket Monsters.

I would agree with this too, but I thought Oshawott was making money even without winning battles.
    Which doesn't make any logical sense?

If the whole point in keeping a Pokémon unevolved to market them, as "strong without needing to evolve"

Then please explain the logic of keeping Oshawott unevolved, being one of Ash's Pokémon, and doing terrible in the Pokémon battle department (official battles, none of that crap with wild Pokémon)
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

That's essentially what I pointed out before. I'm rather surprised that some people still think Oshawott has to win tons of battles given how popular we already know he is. Battles aren't exactly Oshawott's forte to begin with; sure, he won several in the past, but he was never the powerhouse that some people are making him out to be. :x

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I like the shot of the students using the internet for research. It's cool to see the Pokemon world look like ours more but with Pocket Monsters.
    Quick! Someone edit a screen-shot of the computers to show Serebii forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    That's essentially what I pointed out before. I'm rather surprised that some people still think Oshawott has to win tons of battles given how popular we already know he is. Battles aren't exactly Oshawott's forte to begin with; sure, he won several in the past, but he was never the powerhouse that some people are making him out to be. :x
    And this why I fail to see why:

1. Oshawott is Ash's Pokémon
    2. It's unevolved.

If you're going to be Ash's Pokémon an unevolved, you better be a battler, and a small powerhouse or you need to freaking evolve already. Give the non Ash main characters quirky Pokémon, not Ash. Ash should only have battlers. Why? How the hell are "you" going to be a Pokémon master, and be a strong trainer, if you're Pokémon aren't?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    If that's the case, Ash's really can't call on Oshawott in the future in terms of battles (after dropping him off)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

dman_dustin, I completely want Oshawott being a good battler, but the fact was about Oshawott can make money without winning battles, so we aren't sure about the result of this battle. I was telling something true, without agreeing with this. But I don't know what to say about the logical. Oshawott is a lot used to the marketing, and I was wondering why he wasn't winning more often if his screentime was important, that's all.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Oshawott is a money maker. Whether he wins battle or not he'll still get screen time.

Never fear, N is here!

The writers learned the definition of justice and fairness and tried to balance things out more by giving needed wins to the pokemon that do not get spammed as much as possible when other pokemon would fare better.

Quote Originally Posted by johno1995 View Post
    If Cheren is a noob gym leader, like in the games where you are his first official gym challenger, I'd like to think that Oshawott has a good chance in this fight...

About Cilan catching either Shinx or Ducklett; I don't know, I doubt he'll catch anything here. If he is to catch either, I'd prefer Ducklett just because he already has a (neglected ) Stunfisk and I don't think two Electric-types on his team are neccesary. Plus, Ducklett/Swanna totally looks like a Cilan Pokemon, I've thought that for a while (ever since BW020 - which still remains one of my favorite BW episodes, oddly enough...).
    It's an insult to Cheren who was an extremely powerful trainer who beat the elite four before becoming a gym leader to lose to an oshawott at one of his first battles. It also brings to light the question of why a scenario like Pikachu vs Snivy is so frowned upon because Ash does the same to far more experienced trainers all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by N... View Post
    Oshawott is a money maker. Whether he wins battle or not he'll still get screen time.
    Exactly. Leave the wins to those who need it.

Nothing happened. It never won many battles to begin with, it's only had like what, 3 wins & a tie?
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Nothing happened. It never won many battles to begin with, it's only had like what, 3 wins & a tie?
    It's had EIGHT wins.

That's more than many of his team had battles.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    And this why I fail to see why:

1. Oshawott is Ash's Pokémon
    2. It's unevolved.

If you're going to be Ash's Pokémon an unevolved, you better be a battler, and a small powerhouse or you need to freaking evolve already. Give the non Ash main characters quirky Pokémon, not Ash. Ash should only have battlers. Why? How the hell are "you" going to be a Pokémon master, and be a strong trainer, if you're Pokémon aren't?
    Hold on. So you basically want all the interesting Pokemon with diverse personalities to belong to the other characters, not Ash? Why is that? Ash should be able to have quirky Pokemon too. And why is Oshawott suddenly integral to Ash becoming a Pokemon Master? Like really, that makes no sense to me. I doubt even Pikachu is that important.

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Three wins? Kiba, please. He's won eight battles, which is more than Snivy and Scraggy and probably some of the reserve Pokemon. Not that I think that's a huge accomplishment given how BW turned out, but I still think we should give credit where it's due.
    Last edited by Lorde; 25th January 2013 at 5:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    That just begs to ask why not all trainers went through an institution like that. It's clear we've seen PLENTY of ten year-olds forgetting the...

Okay, Trip, say it.

Trip: Basics.

Yeah, that's right.

That just begs to ask why not all trainers went through an institution like that. It's clear we've seen PLENTY of ten year-olds forgetting the...

Okay, Trip, say it.

Trip: Basics.

Yeah, that's right.
    What really bugs me is the height the main 10yr olds have compared to the other ones who are 10. TBH I'm ok in series like Bleach and Naruto where they are in there teens but look older but you got 10 yr old who look at least 13ish (Ash,Dawn,May) and pretty much the other 10 yr olds look normal

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Which doesn't make any logical sense?

If the whole point in keeping a Pokémon unevolved to market them, as "strong without needing to evolve"

Then please explain the logic of keeping Oshawott unevolved, being one of Ash's Pokémon, and doing terrible in the Pokémon battle department (official battles, none of that crap with wild Pokémon)
    last I checked, wild battles were official battles. -_-
    and idk who said that the point of keeping them unevolved is to show that they're strong without evolving. because it's actually just for marketing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast