Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-3: Cheren [FIRST POST UPDATED 01/15]

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Hold on. So you basically want all the interesting Pokemon with diverse personalities to belong to the other characters, not Ash? Why is that? Ash should be able to have quirky Pokemon too. And why is Oshawott suddenly integral to Ash becoming a Pokemon Master? Like really, that makes no sense to me. I doubt even Pikachu is that important.
    Why must the anime separate Pokémon between being either a good decent, battler, OR a Pokémon with personality?

And since when does Ash, need a Pokémon that's solely personality?

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    last I checked, wild battles were official battles. -_-
    and idk who said that the point of keeping them unevolved is to show that they're strong without evolving. because it's actually just for marketing.
    Please...unless it's a 600 BST Pokémon, or a fully evolved Pokémon, no one cares if a trained Pokémon can beat a wild Pokémon.

I can beat millions of wild Pokémon in-game.

Trained Pokémon on Wifi.....not even 1%.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Please...unless it's a 600 BST Pokémon, or a fully evolved Pokémon, no one cares if a trained Pokémon can beat a wild Pokémon.

I can beat millions of wild Pokémon in-game.

Trained Pokémon on Wifi.....not even 1%.
    I get what you're saying. but the anime isn't the games. in fact, wild Pokemon have been portrayed as strong and it's been said somewhere that when a Pokemon is captured, it is unable to use it's full strength. so the anime is quite contrary to the games where we can make a rape train out of a million audinos for tons of experience. do you recall that wild dragonite? oh that's right. it belongs to iris now. and that one wild snivy? it's ash's now and she was still a beast when she was wild, maybe even more so than she is now. so my point is that wild battles do count. it's not really an opinion, it's just that you don't like oshawott. and I'm being unbiased here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I get what you're saying. but the anime isn't the games. in fact, wild Pokemon have been portrayed as strong and it's been said somewhere that when a Pokemon is captured, it is unable to use it's full strength. so the anime is quite contrary to the games where we can make a rape train out of a million audinos for tons of experience. do you recall that wild dragonite? oh that's right. it belongs to iris now. and that one wild snivy? it's ash's now and she was still a beast when she was wild, maybe even more so than she is now. so my point is that wild battles do count. it's not really an opinion, it's just that you don't like oshawott. and I'm being unbiased here.
    No, what I don't like is Oshawott only being treated as a cute marketable Pokémon who is one of Ash's weakest Pokémon and it did jack in the league especially when it was deprived of evolution just to satisfy little children who...no okay I'm not going there, the point is, if a Pokémon is only going to be used for marketing in the cute department, it doesn't need to be with Ash period.

Marketing is probably what cost Ash the league, because if this was Sinnoh everything except maybe Scraggy would be evolved.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

No, what I don't like is Oshawott only being treated as a cute marketable Pokémon who is one of Ash's weakest Pokémon and it did jack in the league especially when it was deprived of evolution just to satisfy little children who...no okay I'm not going there, the point is, if a Pokémon is only going to be used for marketing in the cute department, it doesn't need to be with Ash period.

Marketing is probably what cost Ash the league, because if this was Sinnoh everything except maybe Scraggy would be evolved.
    if this was sinnoh, everything except oshawott would have evolved. however, oshawott probably would be that bad *** you want him to be. and don't get me wrong, I love oshawott as a Pokemon, and I also wish he was more of a battler but I was simply staying why he's I evolved. because it wasn't for the reasons you were stating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

In Oshawott's defense, most of the Unova team did jack in the League

The guys that were given tough opponents (and too many wins)
    Pikachu = 3 wins (2 battles)
    Pignite = 2 wins
    Krookodile = 2 wins

Scraggy = 1 win (mostly off-panel in what could hardly be called a league fight)
    Palpitoad = 1 tie

Oshawott = 0 wins
    Snivy = 0 wins (though would have beaten Riolu if it didn't evolve)
    Leavanny = 0 wins (put up a good fight against Sawk though)
    Boldore = 0 wins
    Unfeazent = 0 wins

So in the end 5 of the 10 Pokemon got shafted this league and the "main 3" basically took almost all the wins (leaving 1 for Scraggy and a tie for Palpitoad).
    Kotetsu was especially a joke and insulting match. Pikachu and Pignite (the 2 least deserving) took all the wins, the other 4 were fallguys and he was cheated out of a win because Kotetsu forgot Pokemon nr 6.

Ash loosing to a GL after competing in the league wouldn't be so great wise at least! so Osha should get at least a tie!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Ash loosing to a GL after competing in the league wouldn't be so great wise at least! so Osha should get at least a tie!
    Unless the Gym Leader is an E4 member.. I loved the Agatha battle after Hoenn, I'd like to see who's running the Viridian Gym now..

More on topic, I really hope Oshawott gets a victory. The poor little guy deserves it, his battle screentime has been so pathetic since Driftveil, he hasn't actually had a victory since then.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

I hope that Cheren will appear more in this Arc than just this episode. It's always annoyed me a lot that Bel/Bianca got so much focus, while leaving Cheren out of it completely (until now). ._.

And... I really wanted to see Cheren's younger, girlier look in the anime. D:
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I hope that Cheren will appear more in this Arc than just this episode. It's always annoyed me a lot that Bel/Bianca got so much focus, while leaving Cheren out of it completely (until now). ._.

And... I really wanted to see Cheren's younger, girlier look in the anime. D:
    it would make sense for him to reappear as he's involved with the battle against Plasma in game

If he does reappear I'm hoping to see him with something to represent his BW team. Serperior or a monkey maybe

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That just begs to ask why not all trainers went through an institution like that. It's clear we've seen PLENTY of ten year-olds forgetting the...

Okay, Trip, say it.

Trip: Basics.

Yeah, that's right.
    Ash clearly didn't go to a Trainer School and even if he had, he clearly wasn't a model student. Heck, May and Dawn are the worst offender in this case. I know they're going for the "know just as much as the new viewers do" angle with the main male and female leads (save for Iris and Misty) but it raises a lot of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    it would make sense for him to reappear as he's involved with the battle against Plasma in game

If he does reappear I'm hoping to see him with something to represent his BW team. Serperior or a monkey maybe
    That is true, I forgot about that. But I'd prefer him having Samurott. Serperior has had enough glory. ^^ And Emboar has appeared enough, too.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

The only poke I can see him having is maybe Unefezant cause of the connection to BW2 and normal type

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    That is true, I forgot about that. But I'd prefer him having Samurott. Serperior has had enough glory. ^^ And Emboar has appeared enough, too.
    I picked Serperior due to it fitting with Bianca having Emboar

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I picked Serperior due to it fitting with Bianca having Emboar
    That also makes sense... fine, he can have a Serperior. ^^ But I honestly doubt we'll see it from him. Let's see him overuse Herdier. XD

I'm interested in if they will mention Cheren's league history maybe with a screenshot fight where he lost against Hilda or so. that would be nice *.*

If this was sinnoh Ash would only have pignite/emboar.

Just like Gible and Buizel evolved? the marketability was always a factor.

I can see what dman is talking about. Oshawott feels like it's "just there" kinda similar to Totodile.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I can see what dman is talking about. Oshawott feels like it's "just there" kinda similar to Totodile.
    Yeah, that's what I feel too. At the beginning he was great and showed battling capacities and development, but now he's simply used as a simple marketing tool. That's quite sad, because he has the potential to be a great battler.

Sure, winning against Cheren will redeem him a bit, but I can't help but feel that Oshawott has been screwed up a bit too much. Hopefully after this battle he will get some more, during Episode N.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Taidow I respect your opinion, but I cannot understand how Oshawott feels like he's "just there" when he's one of the most active Pokemon Ash has ever had. Totodile did literally nothing in Johto until the Whirl Cup, and he sort of flopped there. You cannot compare Oshawott to him at all because at least Oshawott gets to do things every five episodes or so.

There's something i don't know... Where is the Reshiram's Cave? ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Mirto View Post
    There's something i don't know... Where is the Reshiram's Cave? ..........................
    It's an anime exclusive location and they will place it where they needed and want! But probably somewhere in SW Unova!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Taidow I respect your opinion, but I cannot understand how Oshawott feels like he's "just there" when he's one of the most active Pokemon Ash has ever had. Totodile did literally nothing in Johto until the Whirl Cup, and he sort of flopped there. You cannot compare Oshawott to him at all because at least Oshawott gets to do things every five episodes or so.
    He's active but even he does appear usually it's to do nothing of importance. That's why he feels like just there to be there. His last official win was vs Clay. Personally I don't count fending off against wild pokemon such as Onix as they technically didn't faint but Oshawott did if I recall correctly when he tried to Aqua Jet them. His last official battle was vs Cameron and he lost there.

Oshawott did nothing of importance in BWS2 at all. the other pokemon at least got wins.

Pikachu - Serperior, Swanna, Samurott
    Unfezant - Braviary & Drilbur (w/ Pansage)
    Pignite - Ferrothorn, Hydreigon
    Snivy - Beat Cinccino (w/ Iris but still a win for Snivy)
    Scraggy - Darumaka
    Leavanny - Karrablast
    Palpitoad - Zebstrika (Draw)
    Boldore - Reuniclus
    Krookodile - Sawk, Liepard

Oshawott - zip. nada. nothing.

Learned Hydro Pump, screenhogged with Piplup but yeah he needs a win.

He's active but even he does appear usually it's to do nothing of importance. That's why he feels like just there to be there. His last official win was vs Clay. Personally I don't count fending off against wild pokemon such as Onix as they technically didn't faint but Oshawott did if I recall correctly when he tried to Aqua Jet them. His last official battle was vs Cameron and he lost there.

Oshawott did nothing of importance in BWS2 at all. the other pokemon at least got wins.

Pikachu - Serperior, Swanna, Samurott
    Unfezant - Braviary & Drilbur (w/ Pansage)
    Pignite - Ferrothorn, Hydreigon
    Snivy - Beat Cinccino (w/ Iris but still a win for Snivy)
    Scraggy - Darumaka
    Leavanny - Karrablast
    Palpitoad - Zebstrika (Draw)
    Boldore - Reuniclus
    Krookodile - Sawk, Liepard

Oshawott - zip. nada. nothing.
    Why does Palpitoad's draw with Zebstrika count as "something"? It technically didn't win. Oh and I find it ironic that Palpitoad went missing for like nine months, yet it's still considered to be important. Like, how can a Pokemon that was missing-in-action for almost a year be more integral to the plot than a Pokemon like Oshawott, who at least participated in several plot points? He formed a rivalry with Piplup that lasted for about as long as Dawn was in the cast, plus he formed a friendship with a Legendary Pokemon. That was character development for him, which should count more than victories.

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast