Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-3: Cheren [FIRST POST UPDATED 01/15]

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Learned Hydro Pump, screenhogged with Piplup but yeah he needs a win.
    That's annoying though. He learned that move and had his little rivalry with Piplup, but neither led anywhere..

Hydro Pump has done very little.. nothing that Water Gun with a "You can do it Oshawott" couldn't do. Then when it came to Piplup, its clear that some form of battle should've happened, but it didn't..

Both of those things were wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Hydro Pump has done very little.. nothing that Water Gun with a "You can do it Oshawott" couldn't do.
    Were you expecting Hydro Pump to end world hunger or something? We've known all along that it's just a stronger version of Water Gun, but that never stopped some people from wanting him to learn it. A new move was better than nothing, especially since it became apparent a long time ago that Oshawott wouldn't evolve.

Then when it came to Piplup, its clear that some form of battle should've happened, but it didn't..
    Why would they have to battle? They mostly competed for Meloetta's attention and other trivial things. A battle between them would have been redundant.

That's annoying though. He learned that move and had his little rivalry with Piplup, but neither led anywhere..

Hydro Pump has done very little.. nothing that Water Gun with a "You can do it Oshawott" couldn't do. Then when it came to Piplup, its clear that some form of battle should've happened, but it didn't..

There's still time for him to use the move, plus, it's not like it has been useless. At least he uses it constantly unlike Axew who has used Giga Impact and Outrage only once.

And no... Piplup and Oshawott didn't have to battle, never the show implied it was necessary for them to fight each other. The writers are in no obligation to fulfill little fan expectations.

Annoying? he used the move against Hydreigon and he did well against Hydreigon better then Boldore even if he got beat, the rivalry wasn't going nowhere it was supposed to be funny and to promote both of them, they didnt have to battle at all, nothing was wasted.

This raises the question of how the writers could betray fans of Boldore by making it fare worse than oshawott >.<

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    This raises the question of how the writers could betray fans of Boldore by making it fare worse than oshawott >.<
    Those first four words pop up all the time with the rest being something different. Worry not, man with the banned gun! Their VAs are far more precious than their fans!

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Wonder what Cheren will sound like in the anime dub?, I hope he sounds like the Cheren from the Pokemon Black and white 2 trailer.

Created by Inferno Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Lumino Lucario View Post
    Wonder what Cheren will sound like in the anime dub?, I hope he sounds like the Cheren from the Pokemon Black and white 2 trailer.
    I wonder about that too. As long as they don't make him sound like he has a stuffed up nose.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I wonder about that too. As long as they don't make him sound like he has a stuffed up nose.
    Watch him sound just like Trip.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Personally I would have liked to see a more diverse movepool for Oshawott, three water attacks is incredibly boring. Then again, his water-types have never really had a decent move-pool to begin with. It's needs to get rid of damn tackle already, I mean seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Personally I would have liked to see a more diverse movepool for Oshawott, three water attacks is incredibly boring. Then again, his water-types have never really had a decent move-pool to begin with. It's needs to get rid of damn tackle already, I mean seriously.
    Buizel has a good moveset.

Buizel has a good moveset.
    Ice Punch, Water Gun, Sonic Bomb, and Aqua Jet? That never came off as an exceptional moveset. The latter three Buoysel had his whole run as well and they weren't really useful except for Aqua Jet being used to make an Ice Aqua Jet and Water Gun counter shield.

I'm hoping he learns something new already to ditch Tackle, Shell Blade is a staple imo. Kinda wish Water Oath was what he got over Hydro Pump but whatever.

We're getting the Smash preview today right?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    We're getting the Smash preview today right?
    Yes we always do unless there is a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Ice Punch, Water Gun, Sonic Bomb, and Aqua Jet? That never came off as an exceptional moveset. The latter three Buoysel had his whole run as well and they weren't really useful except for Aqua Jet being used to make an Ice Aqua Jet and Water Gun counter shield.

I'm hoping he learns something new already to ditch Tackle, Shell Blade is a staple imo. Kinda wish Water Oath was what he got over Hydro Pump but whatever.
    It's better than his other base form waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post

it was an ok moveset but it could've been better even oshawott got rid of water gun.But i think ice punch was a saving grace of the moveset open up type diversity a bit.I do think sonic boom should've been replaced.I agree tackle should be replaced but i'm not sure what for.

It's better than his other base form waters.
    In a way definatly but it still wasn't as good as it could've been.

Smash preview
    - Duckklett Water Guns Cilan.
    - Axew and Pikachu dance in the loudspeaker room.
    - The Trainer School Pokemon run away.
    - Ash and co. see Cheren hugging Shinx who is letting out a lot of electricity.
    Last edited by playerking; 26th January 2013 at 11:48 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

The dancing Axew did made the switch go down. So that's how it happened.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I just love Cilan in that preview. Especially when he stops and talks to that kid researching Stunfisk. Hopefully he shows the kid his own Stunfisk

I don't get why Cheren had to risk his life like that. I'm sure krookodile would be more than up for the job. I was hoping for more battle footage.

fire fang anyone?

Cheren is holding Shinx for the people who couldn't tell.

Poor Axew and his mess ups xD

This episode looks big, is anyone, without me, who thinks the battle won't be very long ?
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    This episode looks big, is anyone, without me, who thinks the battle won't be very long ?
    Yep pretty much, just a one-on-one with Oshawott vs Herdier. I'm not that surprised given that it's not an actual gym Ash is competing for a badge in.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    It does seem theres a lot going on here so I'm not expecting much from the battle in terms of length.

But I can't complain as this does look a good ep. Ash battling & Cilan being awsome. Perfect

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast