Thread: Lightning Return: Final Fantasy XIII

Default Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

At the risk of opening the floodgates, I was browsing around Screwattack and I found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ab4ZqfIjGmE

Needless to say. I'm pumped. Thoroughly enjoyed XIII and XIII-2 and I'll more than likely play this one. Although my only complaint is,

WHERE IN THE NAME OF ETRO IS FANG?!

Seriously. I've been wanting to see her in full effect since the end of the first one.

Well? What say you?
    Last edited by deathseer; 22nd December 2012 at 5:52 AM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Awful trailer, but I actually have a good feeling about this game overall (check out the concept art if you haven't already - the game is an open world action RPG and looks amazing). I love how the "Final 13 days" thing ties in with the title. It's almost like they're retconning XIII and XIII-2 by ignoring the crap that went on in those games and making this the definitive Final Fantasy XIII, though this definitely is a sequel.

This needs to be Lightning's final game though. And it also needs to be Toriyama's final Final Fantasy. The next numbered Final Fantasy he directs will be Square Enix's last.

I got a good feeling about it too. Sad to see Lighting go, but nothing lasts forever I guess.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I enjoyed XIII and XIII-2, but they both have serious flaws that can't be overlooked. (XIII's linearity and lack of replay value, and XIII-2's atrocious story and characters)

Here's hoping that this game will fix the flaws of both it's prequels and gives us the game FFXIII could've been.

Even though Lightning is my favorite from XIII, I think it's about time they put her story to an end. I do want to see FFXV sooner than later.