Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

Default Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

Team Rocket returning to be funny!!! EDIT: Well, not exactly funny

With the latest manga scan, we see Team Rocket blasting off again like in DP and earlier sagas. Dogasu (opinions aside) confirmed that the scans mention blasting off.

The thread isn't for bashing Team Rocket for being funny (A opinion of dislike is compoletely fine).

I created this thread to know the possible speculation to comment the causes that the writers has decided to returning being funny again after his BW change make them serious. If you think that the audience (the kids in Japan >>>>> some club of users) don't like serious TR, the VAs don 't like serious TR.

This thread is to show the "special circunstances" that caused TR to return being funny.

Edit: 10/2/2013.

Many people are almost bashing the users who like Team Rocket during AG and DP. Remember, exist many people (and I think that more than 60% of the audience who regularly watch pokemon prefer funny Team Rocket as opposed to serious Team Rocket, specially in Japan.

Please, respect the opinions of people who liked Team Rocket in AG and DP.

Edit: 20/2/2013:
    This is a Team Rocket thread. Not a post-Episode N thread. If you want to talk what Ash and co. will do after Episode N there's a thread for it.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 21st February 2013 at 3:07 PM.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

It's a sad day for TR fans who liked them serious and boring.

I think they're both goofy and serious, seeing as they use those forcefield boxes still, instead of machines. I know that doesn't make them serious, but they used them when they were and if they returned to being full goofy, why would they not go back to their old capture methods?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Not really a fact that they were boring when they being serious.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I found them so much more interesting this region. The subway two parter were the best TR episodes ever in my opinion.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

There are people who found them boring when TR were idiots...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

At least goofy TR had personality and humerous moments. Serious TR was like watching a lifeless version of them. But I do appreciate the experiment the writers did with them...I just don't think it resulted well, but that's just me.

At least goofy TR had personality and humerous moments. Serious TR was like watching a lifeless version of them. But I do appreciate the experiment the writers did with them...I just don't think it resulted well, but that's just me.
    Ya but at least they were doing what they were supposed to be doing for once -_-. If they start blasting off every episode again I will probably rage quit -_-.

I'm indifferent... if they can somehow merge both the serious portions of battling and not showing up as much with them being complete goof balls... then I think I'll like it
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    I think they're both goofy and serious, seeing as they use those forcefield boxes still, instead of machines. I know that doesn't make them serious, but they used them when they were and if they returned to being full goofy, why would they not go back to their old capture methods?
    Because the rest of the show has gotten a technology upgrade in BW. Nevermind the fact they have a robot in episode 1.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate
    At least goofy TR had personality and humerous moments.
    DP says otherwise.

This thread's not going to end well. Everyone's just going to get angry at each other and 15 pages later it'll get locked.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid
    I'm indifferent... if they can somehow merge both the serious portions of battling and not showing up as much with them being complete goof balls... then I think I'll like it
    The two are incompatible. When you try to combine them you end up with a complete fiasco like what we saw in the post-Castelia filler hell.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ya but at least they were doing what they were supposed to be doing for once -_-. If they start blasting off every episode again I will probably rage quit -_-.
    lol I'm also wondering if they'll blast off every episode again.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'd take this too.

I really hope they jet pack out of there last minute. or if they do blast off it's only temporarily until Giovanni gives them another mission.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Because the rest of the show has gotten a technology upgrade in BW. Nevermind the fact they have a robot in episode 1.
    That's a sort of mecha that they usually have to capture Pokemon in Best Wishes to me, but still, they seem like they're serious/incompetent to me. But why would they go from Robot in one episode, to that forcefield box in the next? I think it's because they're sort of mixing the two types of Team Rockets together.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I also think they are a mixture of funny and serious. I think it will be a return to Kanto TRio. Yes, they probably won't be as funny as Kanto TRio but I think we will get some decent comedic moments with them and they will also show their competence and sinister side like they did in early BW. Yes, the balloon is back, yes blasting off is back and yes, TRio being funny is back but we don't know what kind of humor it is. We shouldn't declare the return of the DP TRio just yet.

Humor is subjective. I found them to be funny up until Johto but then they became too repetitive. DP was when they were at their worst in my opinion. Their script was terrible. I thought their dialogue was corny, I hated the rhyming, they came off as weak, they lacked the cool factor of the Kanto TR. I found them to be much more interesting this region. Their plans were better and more well thought out and they actually felt like how Team Rocket agents should be.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 22nd December 2012 at 7:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    That's a sort of mecha that they usually have to capture Pokemon in Best Wishes to me, but still, they seem like they're serious/incompetent to me. But why would they go from Robot in one episode, to that forcefield box in the next? I think it's because they're sort of mixing the two types of Team Rockets together.
    They're using the laser cage in the next episode because the upgraded balloon (which, I admit, I do like the design of) is the robot.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

lol I'm also wondering if they'll blast off every episode again.

I'd take this too.
    I will cry .....

I just hope they won´t butt in on EVERY SINGLE EPISODE (¬_¬), and please, PLEASE leave annoying Mime Jr. and useless Wobbuffet at home

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I will cry .....
    Me too. They better not be in every episode especially if they are jokes again like they were in DP. It will take away time from the other important characters and BW has proved TRio doesn't have to be in every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    I just hope they won´t butt in on EVERY SINGLE EPISODE (¬_¬), and please, PLEASE leave annoying Mime Jr. and useless Wobbuffet at home
    Wobbuffet and Mime Jr. still being no where in sight is what is giving me hope that TRio haven't gone back to COMPLETE idiots. Because if they did go back to complete idiots, those 2 would likely come back..... OH WAIT! PLEASE NO! Does anyone else remember that contest they had after Tempest where people got to vote for which Pokémon you wanted to come back the most out of Wobbuffet, Mime Jr. and Dustox? Uh oh.....
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 22nd December 2012 at 7:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Me too. They better not be in every episode especially if they are jokes again like they were in DP. It will take away time from the other important characters and BW has proved TRio doesn't have to be in every episode.
    They better pull a jet pack out of their *** -_-.

Wobbuffet and Mime Jr. still being no where in sight is what is giving me hope that TRio haven't gone back to COMPLETE idiots. Because if they did go back to complete idiots, those 2 would likely come back..... OH WAIT! PLEASE NO! Does anyone else remember that contest they had after Tempest where people got to vote for which Pokémon you wanted to come back the most out of Wobbuffet, Mime Jr. and Dustox? Uh oh.....
    And the fact that Dustox was actually released on screen gives me shivers

In that case, I would prefer to see Chimecho again ... it´s ... cuter ... than Mime Jr.

Does anyone else remember that contest they had after Tempest where people got to vote for which Pokémon you wanted to come back the most out of Wobbuffet, Mime Jr. and Dustox? Uh oh.....
    Wobbuffet won and it just so happens to be featured in the Eevee short. I expect to see it on the actual show, but it could just come back for the short, although in that case I don't understand the point of the poll (since Meowth and Wobbuffet were the only Team Rocket Pokémon featured in the Meloetta short, and there wasn't a poll for that).

The fact that Wobbuffet hasn't been seen yet doesn't mean it won't be brought back later, say around April (six months after the contest).
    Last edited by Kein; 22nd December 2012 at 7:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Wobbuffet won and it just so happens to be featured in the Eevee short. I expect to see it on the actual show, but it could just come back for the short, but in that case I don't understand the point of the poll (since Wobbuffet was the only one featured in Meloetta short and there wasn't a poll for that).
    Wasn't there also a poll that Meowth won and James came in 2nd and Jessie in 3rd? What was that poll? A vote for your favorite TRio member?

I guess this proves that if you complain hard enough that you will get what you want.
    I am not saying they made the TRio funny again just because the voice actors wanted it, but without them complaining about it I dont think it would have ever happened.
    Such a shame, I liked the serious TRio

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce571 View Post
    I guess this proves that if you complain hard enough that you will get what you want.
    I am not saying they made the TRio funny again just because the voice actors wanted it, but without them complaining about it I dont think it would have ever happened.
    Such a shame, I liked the serious TRio
    And I doubt it was just the voice talents. The fandom probably caused this too. And I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Trip was eliminated from the Unova League in Round 1 and Kotetsu was introduced is because of the fandom's whining either.

Wasn't there also a poll that Meowth won and James came in 2nd and Jessie in 3rd? What was that poll? A vote for your favorite TRio member?
    I believe so. That poll might have something to do with the upcoming Meowth download. I don't think that these polls are all that important, but I doubt they're just a waste of time, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Wobbuffet won and it just so happens to be featured in the Eevee short. I expect to see it on the actual show, but it could just come back for the short, although in that case I don't understand the point of the poll (since Meowth and Wobbuffet were the only Team Rocket Pokémon featured in the Meloetta short, and there wasn't a poll for that).

The fact that Wobbuffet hasn't been seen yet doesn't mean it won't be brought back later, say around April (six months after the contest).
    Wobbuffet coming back would be a rare instance of something in this mess I would actually enjoy.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast