Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

Sorry forgot all about the 2 parter. Would aura even really compare to N's "ability" to speak to pokemon?
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

But remember, he clearly denied having an aura ability in "The Keystone Pops".
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Wasn't it mentioned in the Riolu episodes?
    This is BW, where continuity is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared
    This is BW, where continuity is a bad thing.
    Oh, how tragically true that is. -_-
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    But remember, he clearly denied having an aura ability in "The Keystone Pops".
    so? the riolu eps came after that, where he clearly showed aura abilities

Yep, I called it right months ago: Giovanni runs back to Kanto like the chump he is, and the TRio stays in Unova to chase Pikachu because it's about all they know in life. Exactly how competent they'll remain now remains to be seen.

Also, people do realize that since the beginning, the TRio was meant to be the show's Dorombo Gang: the incompetent trio of villains that exist solely to be humiliated and defeated in every single episode. Japan really loves those kinds of villains, BTW, as you see similiar trios in all kinds of Japanese media (Megaman Legends, FFX-2, etc).
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

Quote Originally Posted by Maetch View Post
    Yep, I called it right months ago: Giovanni runs back to Kanto like the chump he is, and the TRio stays in Unova to chase Pikachu because it's about all they know in life. Exactly how competent they'll remain now remains to be seen.

Also, people do realize that since the beginning, the TRio was meant to be the show's Dorombo Gang: the incompetent trio of villains that exist solely to be humiliated and defeated in every single episode. Japan really loves those kinds of villains, BTW, as you see similiar trios in all kinds of Japanese media (Megaman Legends, FFX-2, etc).
    Uh, clearly you didn't see the trailer after today's episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Uh, clearly you didn't see the trailer after today's episode.
    Regardless of the reason as to why, the point is that the TRio is still in the same region as Ash and will be crossing paths. The show's not gonna axe their favorite antagonists, not after how long they've been around.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

Quote Originally Posted by Maetch View Post
    Regardless of the reason as to why, the point is that the TRio is still in the same region as Ash and will be crossing paths. The show's not gonna axe their favorite antagonists, not after how long they've been around.
    For the first 2 episodes, they will be opposing Ash and Pikachu. We know that but Episode N Episode 4 clearly shows that they have their attention on Team Plasma more than they have their attention on Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    Oh, how tragically true that is. -_-
    What do you mean a bad thing

http://filb.de/news/pocket-monsters-...-folge-24-1959

Lol kay. See? team rockets still got it from the looks of this video.

Now lets hope they can keep it this way...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    http://filb.de/news/pocket-monsters-...-folge-24-1959

Lol kay. See? team rockets still got it from the looks of this video.

Now lets hope they can keep it this way...
    Still got what, exactly?

Anyway, I can only hope that Team Rocket takes a break between certain episodes like they did during most of BW. That wouldn't quite redeem that they're here causing all sorts of chaos, but it would at least keep the show balanced. If there's one thing BW did right, it was decreasing the TR trio's screen-time, and I hope that continues in Episode N.

Ugh, the Meowth balloon is pointless when their voices are just as lifeless as at the beginning of BW. Still not the old TR.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Ugh, the Meowth balloon is pointless when their voices are just as lifeless as at the beginning of BW. Still not the old TR.

Oh well.
    Although, I disagree with a lot of your thoughts on TR in general, I have to ask you that wouldn't you rather they stay serious and actually contribute to the plot than be used in another team's arc solely for comic relief? I mean I have to ask you what exactly did they contribute to the Galactic plot that made them so riveting? Nothing. They were just there to be jealous, call TG fashion freaks and get blasted off. That was it. There were nothing more than time wasters and took away from TG more than they added to their storyline. Here, it actually looks like they are contributing, they are adding something and they will be an actual threat to TP.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 14th January 2013 at 8:09 AM.

Although, I disagree with a lot of your thoughts on TR in general, I have to ask you that wouldn't you rather they stay serious and actually contribute to the plot than be used in another team's arc solely for comic relief? I mean I have to ask you what exactly did they contribute to the Galactic plot that made them so riveting? Nothing. They were just there to be jealous, call TG fashion freaks and get blasted off. That was it. There were nothing more than time wasters and took away from TG more than they added to their storyline. Here, it actually looks like they are contributing, they are adding something and they will be an actual threat to TP.
    Why can't they be themselves and do that stuff? Or at least have a little personality? It just bothers me that they're such different characters from what we've seen in the past 15 years, that's it. At least you guys get to enjoy them.

Why can't they be themselves and do that stuff? Or at least have a little personality? It just bothers me that they're such different characters from what we've seen in the past 15 years, that's it. At least you guys get to enjoy them.
    They have personality. In fact, they are acting closer to what they were like in the first couple of episodes of the original series. It was only later on in Kanto that they got flanderized and became more airheaded and silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    They have personality. In fact, they are acting closer to what they were like in the first couple of episodes of the original series. It was only later on in Kanto that they got flanderized and became more airheaded and silly.
    Sorry, maybe you see personality, but I don't. :/

Hopefully BW is the last we see of Team Rocket.

Sorry, maybe you see personality, but I don't. :/

Hopefully BW is the last we see of Team Rocket.
    What's your definition of personality though? Because being serious is a personality. I just don't get how this fandom only sees stupid characters who do stupid things as characters who have personality. If you don't like that they aren't silly, that's fine but they have personality.

We'll see but getting rid of them after a huge battle with Ash and Plasma would be a great way for them to go out.

What's your definition of personality though? Because being serious is a personality. I just don't get how this fandom only sees stupid characters who do stupid things as characters who have personality. If you don't like that they aren't silly, that's fine but they have personality.

We'll see but getting rid of them after a huge battle with Ash and Plasma would be a great way for them to go out.
    Yep. You got it.

Honestly, I really began to hate them when they would be forced into an episode just so they wrecked battles and get repeatedly defeated in humiliating ways. It was pretty disgraceful. The writers shoehorned them in because they felt they needed to be there in every single episode. Good thing they aren't do that anymore either.

You want to know what I think personality is? Jessie beating the crap out of Seviper when it bit her hair. Jessie being short-tempered and prone to being explosive, Jessie releasing her Dustox with sadness but knowing it's for the best, James giving away his Cacnea to Gardenia knowing his lack of skill would keep Cacnea from reaching its full potential, James's amusing quirks and love for bottle caps. Those were only some of the characteristics that made Jessie and James feel human. I am not asking for Team Rocket to start blasting off again nor do I want them being shoved in every single episode, I just want them being more human (even if it's during a mission of sort). Right now, they keep talking with that serious, villain-ish tone that I don't really like, it's boring (for me).

I can understand why you guys like them, but it just isn't doing it for me. I mean, sure, let them be serious during missions they're doing against Team Plasma, why not? But is it really necessary to still remain serious when trying to catch Pikachu for billionth time?
    Last edited by Janovy; 14th January 2013 at 9:26 AM.

Anyone hope that Team Rocket (the organization, not the trio) disbands during this arc, especially if they rework the TR vs TP specials into being a TR vs TP old and TP N vs Ash and co finale.

Random : PokéRadar

You want to know what I think personality is? Jessie beating the crap out of Seviper when it bit her hair. Jessie being short-tempered and prone to being explosive, Jessie releasing her Dustox with sadness but knowing it's for the best, James giving away his Cacnea to Gardenia knowing his lack of skill would keep Cacnea from reaching its full potential, James's amusing quirks and love for bottle caps. Those were only some of the characteristics that made Jessie and James feel human. I am not asking for Team Rocket to start blasting off again nor do I want them being shoved in every single episode, I just want them being more human (even if it's during a mission of sort). Right now, they keep talking with that serious, villain-ish tone that I don't really like, it's boring (for me).

I can understand why you guys like them, but it just isn't doing it for me. I mean, sure, let them be serious during missions they're doing against Team Plasma, why not? But is it really necessary to still remain serious when trying to catch Pikachu for billionth time?
    Then you have the wrong definition of personality. The word personality and what it means is more broad than that.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Anyone hope that Team Rocket (the organization, not the trio) disbands during this arc, especially if they rework the TR vs TP specials into being a TR vs TP old and TP N vs Ash and co finale.
    I wouldn't mind if TR disbands and TRio leaves the show after the disbandment. As long as the finale is done well of course.

I can understand why you guys like them, but it just isn't doing it for me.
    So basically they have to be complete morons or bleeding hearts to be interesting?

I mean, they had their moments in the past, but they were worn out by being repetitive and overused. Their idiocy ended up ruining a lot of events within episodes. They served as a distraction against the story of whatever episode they popped out in.

Honestly, them being foolish was almost mindboggling as to why Giovanni hadn't booted them off Team Rocket, wasting the organization's money and resources to go after a ten year old and his Pikachu that was only powerful when the plot demanded it (especially nowadays). Them being serious is more fitting for operatives of Team Rocket and it's also what their original personalities were in the beginning of the series.

Then you have the wrong definition of personality. The word personality and what it means is more broad than that.
    It may be so, but it doesn't change the fact that I don't nearly as enjoy this new TR as I did the old one.

I just don't find serious to be super appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Only the two bolded ones are really related to personality, the rest weren't personality traits but attempts at running jokes or tired storylines that degraded them as characters.
    Speaking of degraded characters, BW TRio is pretty much a reset of their characters. That's the only explanation for them being out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    What I just fail to understand is why anyone (not saying you) would want characters they like to be afflicted with things that harm them as characters.
    See, there is this little difference between things you find afflict their characters and things we (old TR fans) find afflict their characters.

I really don't see the appeal in the new Team Rocket, I just don't.

So basically they have to be complete morons or bleeding hearts to be interesting?
    Emotions=/=being moronic. You can be happy without being moronic, you know.

I mean, they had their moments in the past, but they were worn out by being repetitive and overused. Their idiocy ended up ruining a lot of events within episodes. They served as a distraction against the story of whatever episode they popped out in.
    And yet again there are people who don't think the same as you.

Honestly, them being foolish was almost mindboggling as to why Giovanni hadn't booted them off Team Rocket, wasting the organization's money and resources to go after a ten year old and his Pikachu that was only powerful when the plot demanded it (especially nowadays). Them being serious is more fitting for operatives of Team Rocket and it's also what their original personalities were in the beginning of the series.
    Lol, original Team Rocket was so much better than BW TRio (imo). They had their backstory all laid out, plenty of personality, emotions, etc.

Emotions=/=being moronic. You can be happy without being moronic, you know.
    They're actually doing their jobs and in doing so, they're not going to be all smiles and giddiness like they used to. Also, how were they 'happy'? They were pretty miserable, if you ask me, since they were apparently starving and upset they never caught Pikachu. Also, they were moronic, dude. They always failed and couldn't even use their mechs properly to catch what they were after.

Lol, original Team Rocket was so much better than BW TRio (imo). They had their backstory all laid out, plenty of personality, emotions, etc.
    Uh, their backstories are still the same, guy. They weren't retconned or anything. Their 'personalities' were rigid, just in a different way than you're talking about. Again, I must reitirate that Jessie, James, and Meowth started off as credible threats that became progressively incompetent to use for comic relief.

Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast