Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 876 to 900 of 1611

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

  1. #876
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Nando scrubbed out early because he wasn't as good a battler as coordinator. Plus he had the bad luck of going up against the far superior DP Ash. Judging solely from the rivals and random shots we got in sinnoh it looked like everyone was playing to win, no random gimmicks like bellsprout here.

  2. #877
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Nice condescension.

    I have no problem with making the TRio sympathetic, but having James have to leave his Pokemon behind somewhere or in someone else's care ended up happening too often. There were/are better ways to humanize them than to repeat the same plot.
    James is easily the funniest character throughout the series, though. His effeminate tendencies are hilarious to watch to say the least haha. Though Cilan seems to have taken over in that department.

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Which is dumb because back in Kanto, James was no more or less "good hearted" than her. He could be devious, narcissistic, and violent too, as well as a good and sensitive person on the inside. And he could freely fight and argue with Jessie. AG/DP made him into an overly good, overly sensitive wuss who always cowered in fear from Jessie's outbursts.
    He could also be hilarious, like in "Holy Matrimony!" I like James as a wuss, most of the time, though. I am happy he's not a COMPLETE wuss now and has SOME degree of competency, but who else can actually be funny in Pokemon besides Meowth and himself? Cilan isn't nearly as funny as when James was a joker, or Meowth. Those two are just hilarious (excluding some of AG/ mainly the BF, and most of DP).
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd February 2013 at 12:27 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  3. #878

    Default

    So I take it you were born with the miraculous ability to not get sick and tired of terrible, reused jokes?
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  4. #879
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    It's like they have this rule where Jessie and James are only allowed two Pokemon per region, max. And they often used (most of) James' Pokemon departing as a source to make him more sympathetic but they did it too often and it felt repetitive.

    I actually don't remember if Mime Jr. ever evolved or not. Did it? I'm thinking no, but just to be sure...
    Do you even watch the show? Jessie had 3 Pokémon in Hoenn and Sinnoh until she released Dustox and then she got Yanmega so she had 3 in Sinnoh. With James, he had Cacnea and Chimecho in Hoenn and then he got Mime Jr. in BF after he left Chimecho with his grandparents. So he went to Sinnoh with 2 Pokémon and then he got Carnivine so he had 3. In fact, there was a point in the show where TR had 6 Pokémon with them in Sinnoh (Seviper, Carnvine, Wobbuffet, Mime Jr., Dustox and Cacnea). So what are you talking about with Jessie and James only being allowed to have a max of 2 Pokémon each region? That's not true at all.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 2nd February 2013 at 3:48 AM.

  5. #880

    Default

    ^Question is, are they going to repeat the same pattern with TR having 3 Pokemon or will they only have 2? It looks to me that they are going to have two unless they got rid of woobat and yamask (which they shouldn't)
    岩根雅明=♡

  6. #881
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    ^Question is, are they going to repeat the same pattern with TR having 3 Pokemon or will they only have 2? It looks to me that they are going to have two unless they got rid of woobat and yamask (which they shouldn't)
    I don't know. I'm not one of the writers.

  7. #882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I don't know. I'm not one of the writers.
    I know that lol

    Was asking in general.
    岩根雅明=♡

  8. #883
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I know that lol

    Was asking in general.
    It could go a lot of different ways honestly.

  9. #884
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I'm curious, are you satisfied with how TR is acting in episode N? :O
    I'm shocked you even have to ask that.

    They're still serious and will soon hack into Team Plasma's system. Or does something bother you about them?
    The hacking is one scene that we still have no context for that is only leading toward one end: the conflict between Team Rocket and Team Plasma we know is coming - probably in the form of heavily retconned versions of the skipped episodes - which in turn only serves one purpose, making sure Team Rocket gets defeated and obliterated so Jessie, James and Meowth can end up being Looker's stooges for the rest of this saga. I'm not sure I even want to see those episodes anymore if all they're going to do is get edited to facilitate the Looker farce, which was not how they were originally intended to end.

    And sure, they aren't acting like complete idiots again. But let's count off what did come back:

    Bad writing: I've not even seen the few people who like what's going on right now try to defend bringing them back with no explanation and then giving them new Pokemon that will never receive any backstory or personality.

    Blasting off: Not saying the catchphrase and the sound effect being different does not actually change the fact they're still being thrown into the sky/distance in a comical manner.

    Mechas: And they're somehow even worse than before. The vast majority of their old mechas were incredibly stupid and annoying, but every once in a while, you'd get one that was a real diamond in the rough, like the Bonsai Bot from the Golden Sudowoodo episode. So far what we've gotten was a bland, generic tank and the one in the Mareep episode looks like an uninspired ripoff of a Transformer.

    Mindless plots: Drive a tank into the middle of a battlefield and just start attacking? Drop a trail of berries to lure away Pikachu and Axew?

    Balloon: I still despise the Meowth part of it, but the new basket and the rockets are the only thing I like about TR in this arc at all.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  10. #885
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    probably in the form of heavily retconned versions of the skipped episodes - which in turn only serves one purpose, making sure Team Rocket gets defeated and obliterated so Jessie, James and Meowth can end up being Looker's stooges for the rest of this saga. I'm not sure I even want to see those episodes anymore if all they're going to do is get edited to facilitate the Looker farce, which was not how they were originally intended to end.
    The intended end was still Team Rocket getting decimated though. The difference is that Team Plasma did to and thus had to retreat as well, and the TRio started working for Dr. Zager as the main villains of BW. Their phase of being main villains is over and can't be repeated; Team Plasma are the main villains and thus can't also get decimated. So the alteration to the end would be natural. And we have no idea if the Looker team-up will happen immediately afterward, or even if it lasts all that long. Don't call it a "farce" there's proof that it is one.

  11. #886
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    I really hope Giovanni and Zager are there during the final showdown against Team Plasma but unfortunately it seems like after the retconned episodes they will go back to Kanto and sinceTRio will team up with Looker, that means we might not see them again until TRio goes back to Kanto and TR possibly disbands.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 2nd February 2013 at 7:18 AM.

  12. #887
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,924

    Default

    I'm pretty sure the writers have no intention of continuing "serious Team Rocket" for another generation or two. Likewise its now obvious they have no intention of them being like they were in DP or before, since the N saga didn't change them back.

    They are no longer relevant.

  13. #888
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I'm pretty sure the writers have no intention of continuing "serious Team Rocket" for another generation or two. Likewise its now obvious they have no intention of them being like they were in DP or before, since the N saga didn't change them back.

    They are no longer relevant.
    The people that think they are returning to being funny because they are bringing back the balloon, blasting off, the Kanto motto, etc. are mistaken, I think. The writers didn't bring those things back because TRio was going back to being funny. They brought them back because TR is leaving the show.

  14. #889
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    The people that think they are returning to being funny because they are bringing back the balloon, blasting off, the Kanto motto, etc. are mistaken, I think. The writers didn't bring those things back because TRio was going back to being funny. They brought them back because TR is leaving the show.
    I also expect TR to reunite with their older pokemon from TR HQ's during their last few episodes. We likely won't see their released pokemon ever again though.

  15. #890
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I also expect TR to reunite with their older pokemon from TR HQ's during their last few episodes. We likely won't see their released pokemon ever again though.
    Which is unfortunate to be honest. I wouldn't expect Jessie and James to be reunited with their released Pokémon but a cameo during TRio's last episode would be nice.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 2nd February 2013 at 7:28 AM.

  16. #891
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    The intended end was still Team Rocket getting decimated though.
    Decimated is not "we lost, let's go home and regroup for next time." They couldn't have even lost all that badly if Jessie, James and Meowth didn't even know anything the next day. The Meteonite was probably destroyed and both teams just left once there was no point in staying.

    So the alteration to the end would be natural. And we have no idea if the Looker team-up will happen immediately afterward, or even if it lasts all that long. Don't call it a "farce" there's proof that it is one.
    All the major members of Team Rocket together in one place with Looker is a prime setup for them getting arrested and the organization disbanding. I know there's not much pointing that way right now, but if it does happen, don't be surprised.

    With Team Rocket either disbanded due to arrest or so severely crippled from fighting Team Plasma that it can no longer function, they have no purpose without Looker giving them one. Going on with the endless balloons and mechas for stupid theft plots would be impossible at that point, because there would be no source for their resources or anyone that they'd be stealing Pokemon for.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  17. #892
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    All the major members of Team Rocket together in one place with Looker is a prime setup for them getting arrested and the organization disbanding. I know there's not much pointing that way right now, but if it does happen, don't be surprised.

    With Team Rocket either disbanded due to arrest or so severely crippled from fighting Team Plasma that it can no longer function, they have no purpose without Looker giving them one. Going on with the endless balloons and mechas for stupid theft plots would be impossible at that point, because there would be no source for their resources or anyone that they'd be stealing Pokemon for.
    So you think Giovanni, Zager and Pierce will be arrested by Looker but Looker won't arrest TRio? Why is that? And do you really think TRio will work with the man who was the reason for the disbandment of TR?

  18. #893
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    So you think Giovanni, Zager and Pierce will be arrested by Looker but Looker won't arrest TRio? Why is that? And do you really think TRio will work with the man who was the reason for the disbandment of TR?
    The trio will work with him because "Boxed Lunch Guy" will suddenly come back up when they see him.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  19. #894
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    The trio will work with him because "Boxed Lunch Guy" will suddenly come back up when they see him.
    Why do you think Looker wouldn't arrest TRio though? They are as responsible for all of the chaos in Unova as Giovanni, Zager and Pierce were.

  20. #895
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Why do you think Looker wouldn't arrest TRio though? They are as responsible for all of the chaos in Unova as Giovanni, Zager and Pierce were.
    He very well might. Helping him defeat Team Plasma might be some deal they cut with him to get out of trouble.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  21. #896
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    I think that you forget something about Goltik thoughts:
    -Goltik, in Febraury 2012 made a answer in a French Pokemon page where he said that the TR vs TP will air in late 2012 or early 2013. Some ans, impatient to see the episodes (I understand this).

    -That theory was strenghted for the act that the rest of the things that Goltik said were true. But there's a key difference between the Plasma asumption and the rest of them. Going to his statements further we found:
    -Best Wishes will end in 2013. Then, it was unbeleievable to the series to end in 2013 although the anime hinted us because there were 3 unreleased pokemon to show. When the 3 mythical pokemon were revealed almost consecutively in the spam of 6 months and released at the same time in Japan. When Genesect was revealed, it's made clear that BW will end in 2013. The XY announcement confirmed the theory. Goltik was right because XY will be the first games with worldwide release in like 2 weeks sice Japan's release. TPCi works on those games since they are stating developement.
    -The League being in Season 16. The same happen here. Considering that we know by then that the first BW season has 48 episodes, it's safe to assumption that the second will be around the same time. Athough we never thought that the last badge will be give out in June.
    -They were also right that the Japanese s2nd opening wasn't completed when the dub needed a new one and that the gang will be in Unova after the League.
    -The Team Plasma vs Team Rocket episodes airing: Apparently, he was wrong. But for a reason. He knew that Team plasma will appear and they knew that the episodes are officially postponed and because he know that the episode was postponed because the Fukushima disaster they thought that because the nuclear plants were down the episodes will air but ater the league.

    I think that Goltik thought that the episodes will air. And they have numerous reasons to think that. And it's possible that the episodes could possibly air. But I don't want to get my hopes up for this.

    -The problem with airing the episodes now is that the viewer could remember te effects o the disaster. And because the writers don't want to showcase this episodes to evade problem. We hate that the episodes weren't aired but the damage was done. The only way to un-banned those episodes is airing like Best Wishes 1 episodes or through a flashback by White Team Plasma with editing the controversial scenes. I don't see toher way to be those episodes.

    About Team Plasma possible appeareances after the two-partner, I'll made a blog on Bulbagarden about this as soon as possible. And it's difeicult to have Plasma episodes after the 2-partner.

  22. #897
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I think that you forget something about Goltik thoughts:
    -Goltik, in Febraury 2012 made a answer in a French Pokemon page where he said that the TR vs TP will air in late 2012 or early 2013. Some ans, impatient to see the episodes (I understand this).

    -That theory was strenghted for the act that the rest of the things that Goltik said were true. But there's a key difference between the Plasma asumption and the rest of them. Going to his statements further we found:
    -Best Wishes will end in 2013. Then, it was unbeleievable to the series to end in 2013 although the anime hinted us because there were 3 unreleased pokemon to show. When the 3 mythical pokemon were revealed almost consecutively in the spam of 6 months and released at the same time in Japan. When Genesect was revealed, it's made clear that BW will end in 2013. The XY announcement confirmed the theory. Goltik was right because XY will be the first games with worldwide release in like 2 weeks sice Japan's release. TPCi works on those games since they are stating developement.
    -The League being in Season 16. The same happen here. Considering that we know by then that the first BW season has 48 episodes, it's safe to assumption that the second will be around the same time. Athough we never thought that the last badge will be give out in June.
    -They were also right that the Japanese s2nd opening wasn't completed when the dub needed a new one and that the gang will be in Unova after the League.
    -The Team Plasma vs Team Rocket episodes airing: Apparently, he was wrong. But for a reason. He knew that Team plasma will appear and they knew that the episodes are officially postponed and because he know that the episode was postponed because the Fukushima disaster they thought that because the nuclear plants were down the episodes will air but ater the league.

    I think that Goltik thought that the episodes will air. And they have numerous reasons to think that. And it's possible that the episodes could possibly air. But I don't want to get my hopes up for this.

    -The problem with airing the episodes now is that the viewer could remember te effects o the disaster. And because the writers don't want to showcase this episodes to evade problem. We hate that the episodes weren't aired but the damage was done. The only way to un-banned those episodes is airing like Best Wishes 1 episodes or through a flashback by White Team Plasma with editing the controversial scenes. I don't see toher way to be those episodes.

    About Team Plasma possible appeareances after the two-partner, I'll made a blog on Bulbagarden about this as soon as possible. And it's difeicult to have Plasma episodes after the 2-partner.
    You never have proof to back up what you are saying. That's why I don't listen to you often. With AgentPierce, he has evidence.

  23. #898
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,175

    Default

    Imo, with the scenes of Team Plasma causing destruction in Castelia in the opening theme and N mentioning Castelia as well, I see no reason for the two-parter not to air. The episodes were never said not to air, they were just postponed (I guess they stayed true to their word). Team Rocket will obviously interfere with Team Plasma so it's only a matter of time before these revised episodes air. I assume that the title will remain the same, though I imagine that quite a bit will be edited. Unless they decide to re-use scenes such as them going to the mask party.

    Though I wonder what Giovanni is plotting next.


  24. #899
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I also expect TR to reunite with their older pokemon from TR HQ's during their last few episodes. We likely won't see their released pokemon ever again though.
    So...is this it, then? TRio is more than likely leaving the anime for good after all this time. Well, I'm going to miss James and Meowth the most of TRio. Jessie...eh, a little.

    IMO, the writers gave BW TRio the "DP Brock" treatment this arc. They weren't good characters in this arc, although this was mainly due to poor development by the writers.

    Less annoying characters? Oh, you bet. Definitely.
    Better characters? No.

    The good idea the writers had here was making TRio not appear in EVERY episode, and the serious personality idea was a refreshing change of pace for a time. The bad idea here was not showing us more TRio/Zager, and actually developing these serious personalities more.

    As a result of spending most of the time on Ash this arc (and even Iris and Cilan over TRio), their serious personalities were poorly developed (at least on-screen) and they came off as boring at times.

    I felt BW TRio episodes where the writers did well were ones like the Subway 2-parter and Operation Tempest. They did a great job developing serious TRio in these eps.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    The trio will work with him because "Boxed Lunch Guy" will suddenly come back up when they see him.
    Yep. I agree. In the recent JPN intro, Looker was even w/Jessie and Meowth on one side, and James on the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    So I take it you were born with the miraculous ability to not get sick and tired of terrible, reused jokes?
    I got sick of them around...DP, really. More the writing in the dub than anything, though.

    (Prays no more "Grabbing Ho!" and other alliterations return for TRio, and no "o'course" or "'em" returns for Ash in the dub).

    I was bawling my eyes out laughing at AG TRio. Some of their funniest eps are in the early portion of that saga, IMO.

    Kanto had some of the most hilarious moments, and Johto has the "Flaming Moltres" stuff too.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd February 2013 at 2:03 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  25. #900
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    643

    Default

    and yeah i agree even i love BW trio in how they work how they not hogging screen time i think they got poorly development
    but they all Villain so yeah

    For team rocket BWN
    at least that " we blasting off again " catch phrase didn't haunted may head and they didn't appear to much help me love this BWN trio
    even they still send to the sky ot the wood or where ever ash send them ( i miss the jet pack T.T)

    i wonder if everyone in serebii or pokemon/pokeanime fans still watching the pokeseries if the writer get rid the TRIO or there no villain at all in XY saga ?

    for me if they get rid trio :P i still watch it
    if there no any villain at all i will consider it if the show still enjoyable to watch
    Welcome Gen VI


    PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •