Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I would like you to name actual humans who behave like they did in DP.

And I'm sorry, but saying stupid rhymes and lame jokes isn't witty, and they had zero emotion that wasn't forced after Shudo left.
    Okay lets get a little few things straight. You can call them forced, but aren't similar "stupid" jokes being done with Cameron? Of course comedy is forced. Most of the comedy in Dp was over exagerated comedy anyway. Sieriously, look at all those faces. So yeah, in a sense it was forced...But I didn't find their saddness about things being forced. It just feels overdone because we've known them for so long.

which is why the change was needed in Best wishes. BUT. I still liked their old personifcations better. They feel useless and their job could be taken by many other "newer" people. I like the older ones better.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24
    DP TRio are by far the most unrealistic characters from DP.
    I didn't know they were supposed to be realisitc. :P
    This is exactly what I meant. I can understand people liking them in OS but hating them from AG and on. What I can't understand if the people who claim TRio were brilliant characters with this fantastic development and great humor in AG and DP but yet slam BW TR for finally getting rid of what I thought was a very repetitive act. Seriously, do people actually want the writers to keep the AG and DP pattern up until Pokémon ends?
    I never said they were "brilliant". I do think that they had good character development. Better than Misty did. But this isn't about Misty xD
    Their humor appealed to me, and I don't get why people can't understand that. Like was said earlier, we all have different senses of humor. And said "repetitive act" is still ongoing, might I point out, just much more elaborated and built up.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    I didn't know they were supposed to be realisitc. :P
    They were realistic in OS and that helped us to connect with them. Cartoons may not be real people but if you give them realistic traits, it is easy to root for them. I found them realistic in Kanto. Their struggles were realistic, their personalities were realistic and that made it easy to sympathize with them.

I never said they were "brilliant". I do think that they had good character development. Better than Misty did. But this isn't about Misty xD
    Their humor appealed to me, and I don't get why people can't understand that. Like was said earlier, we all have different senses of humor. And said "repetitive act" is still ongoing, might I point out, just much more elaborated and built up.
    So you don't like BW TR and yet your profile picture has BW TR on it. I don't get that......

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post

So you don't like BW TR and yet your profile picture has BW TR on it. I don't get that......
    thats going a bit to far man. You can have an avatar of the anime because it looks funny or cool, even if you despise it. Its just a profile picture...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    thats going a bit to far man. You can have an avatar of the anime because it looks funny or cool, even if you despise it. Its just a profile picture...
    I don't think it's going to far at all. I just am curious as to why that is.

*sighs* this has gotten WAAAAY out of hand. If you look back on page 13-14 ish, I clearly said that I DO like them still (they're still my favorite characters), but not nearly as much as I used to. And most of the reason why they're still my favorites it because of how they were in older gens.
    They were realistic in OS and that helped us to connect with them. Cartoons may not be real people but if you give them realistic traits, it is easy to root for them. I found them realistic in Kanto. Their struggles were realistic, their personalities were realistic and that made it easy to sympathize with them.
    They honestly didn't change that much in AG and DP from the OS. And their struggles and pasts were more elaborated on back then because we were still getting to know them. Their pasts haven't changed; remember how Jessibelle returned in BF?
    3196-3352-8113

*sighs* this has gotten WAAAAY out of hand. If you look back on page 13-14 ish, I clearly said that I DO like them still (they're still my favorite characters), but not nearly as much as I used to. And most of the reason why they're still my favorites it because of how they were in older gens.

They honestly didn't change that much in AG and DP from the OS. And their struggles and pasts were more elaborated on back then because we were still getting to know them. Their pasts haven't changed; remember how Jessibelle returned in BF?
    I don't think it's going way too out of hand. I am just curious why you chose a BW picture of them instead of a DP or AG one. That's all. Don't understand the problem with that honestly.

And I don't understand how you can't see the change TR went through between OS and AG.

I don't think it's going way too out of hand. I am just curious why you chose a BW picture of them instead of a DP or AG one. That's all. Don't understand the problem with that honestly.
    Last week it was the picture from the "Here Comes Team Rocket" 2nd edition trading card. Before that it was DP Jessie. I change it sometimes.

And I don't understand how you can't see the change TR went through between OS and AG.
    Please explain.
    3196-3352-8113

Please explain.
    Well, how about how in AG or maybe mid-late Johto, they became obnoxious characters and lost all the charm they had in Kanto and the OI. My opinion of course.

Well, how about how in AG or maybe mid-late Johto, they became obnoxious characters and lost all the charm they had in Kanto and the OI. My opinion of course.
    Obnoxious because their act got old? If such is the case, then I suppose you dislike Ash as well? No offense intended.
    3196-3352-8113

Obnoxious because their act got old? If such is the case, then I suppose you dislike Ash as well? No offense intended.
    No, obnoxious because their jokes were lame and they tried to be funny but instead they came off looking like jokes.

And uh.... NO! I like Ash and I never found Ash's act to get old. In fact, they tried something different with him each saga (OS, he was the new trainer who grew into his own, AG, he was the mentor to May and the veteran of the group and DP, he was at his peak as a trainer, and in BW, it feels like they are trying something different with him). So yeah, Ash never got old like TR did.

Oookay then.

It's inevitable that there'll be quite a few posts expressing opinions on the way BW Team Rocket currently acts, and that's fine. However, please keep in mind that this thread primarily serves to discuss how they'll behave and what they'll be up to in the future, or more specifically in Episode N. Comparisons to and mentions of OS-DP!TR are mostly misplaced, as are absurd accusations towards people who prefer either serious!TR or silly!TR. This isn't a debate topic, so please stop poking each other as to why you prefer either over the over.

Thanks~

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

A mix between silly and serious would be perfect IMO. Add some of their old Pokemon and TRio will be really entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    A mix between silly and serious would be perfect IMO. Add some of their old Pokemon and TRio will be really entertaining
    It won't work. Whiplashing between acting serious and then getting stupid as soon as the blasting off starts will look very awkward, and nobody is going to be satisfied by it.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

It won't work. Whiplashing between acting serious and then getting stupid as soon as the blasting off starts will look very awkward, and nobody is going to be satisfied by it.
    they already kind of did that in sinnoh hoenn and Kanto. its just they leaned more towards funny then the few times they were serious. :/
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    they already kind of did that in sinnoh hoenn and Kanto. its just they leaned more towards funny then the few times they were serious. :/
    You can't compare Hoenn and Sinnoh to Kanto. The writing style and characterization is completely different, not just for Team Rocket but for just about every character.

There really is a marked difference between Shudo's run and after he left, just saying.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    However, please keep in mind that this thread primarily serves to discuss how they'll behave and what they'll be up to in the future, or more specifically in Episode N.
    But they're going to do what they always did from OS to DP; snatch Pikachu with some mecha and then blast off when Ash beats them. They're quite predictable.

I wish they could've kept their serious personalities in this saga. At least then we might have seen new schemes instead of the same old stuff they always did when they were "funny." And come to think of it, I hate using that word because it implies that they were always humorous. I'll just call them "old Team Rocket" when they goof off.

You can't compare Hoenn and Sinnoh to Kanto. The writing style and characterization is completely different, not just for Team Rocket but for just about every character.

There really is a marked difference between Shudo's run and after he left, just saying.
    ...when I'm providing examples upon how they've switched between serious and comical, yes I can. They've done that in all the regions. Its just more balanced in kanto, and much more funny attributed in later seasons (despite the first season having some of the best comedy out of all them.)
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Actually it could work just because you don't think it would. Remember Kanto TRio? The writers won't just 'whiplash' completely in the middle of BW. TRio could get missions from Giovanni to tail Ash, N, catch Pikachu, defeat Plasma, find legendary Pokemon, steal trainers Pokemon... 'Nobody is going to be satisfied with it' just because you wouldn't be doesn't mean everyone else in the world who watches this show feels the same way. Your opinions aren't facts

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    But they're going to do what they always did from OS to DP; snatch Pikachu with some mecha and then blast off when Ash beats them. They're quite predictable.
    Are they? We know the balloon and blasting off are back but that's it. I think we're in for a mix of the new and old.

Why do I think that? Because they're bound to still have that promotion that effected their skills when Best Wishes started. Also we've seen that the writers can write episodes without them so we're not going to get them trying to catch every Pokémon of the day.

I am not sure if this was posted on the serebii forums yet (or anywhere else regarding the N arc) so ill put it here first....please move it if its in the wrong spot

I believe its a short clip for one of the future episode where N meets Ash and the gang (i think its quite a long preview)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbtBWLGyd8M

-I do not know why, but N's eyes kind of freak me out for some reason
    -I hope Ash mentions about his Aura ability
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

Quote Originally Posted by ViperQueen View Post
    I am not sure if this was posted on the serebii forums yet (or anywhere else regarding the N arc) so ill put it here first....please move it if its in the wrong spot

I believe its a short clip for one of the future episode where N meets Ash and the gang (i think its quite a long preview)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbtBWLGyd8M

-I do not know why, but N's eyes kind of freak me out for some reason
    -I hope Ash mentions about his Aura ability
    I doubt they're gonna mention an ability that was only in the movie and didn't get brought up during the DP lucario episodes.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    I doubt they're gonna mention an ability that was only in the movie and didn't get brought up during the DP lucario episodes.
    Wasn't it mentioned in the Riolu episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Wasn't it mentioned in the Riolu episodes?
    It sure was.

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    Aura was mentioned several times throughout dp, with it being a plot point between Ash & Riolu during a pokemon ranger 2 parter

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast