Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I agree with this and it sums up my thoughts. I want to ask, what's wrong with liking the TR from DP? What's wrong with it?
    There's nothing wrong with it. But the arguments use to bash BW TRio don't make sense. They aren't robots. They are doing their job and they are serious because of it. It's like how you would act different when you go to work than you would at a Christmas party.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I wasn't talking about quality tai. I wasn't talking about it. =_=
    Look at me and tell me this, what is so wrong about enjoying something endlessly, or at least with slight style differences, which they do provide? I deal with it in real life every single day. I enjoy it in life every single day. @.@...
    I never said quality, I've never said it at all. You're the one putting things in my mouth...@.@

Thats more popular overall then pokemon? highly doubt it.
    Not exactly lol I was the one talking about quality in the post you responded to. I'm talking about repetition when it comes to the quality of an anime, not it's popularity possibilities. What people like doesn't necessarily have to be of good quality, hence why Twilight is popular.

The reason why I said this is because you tried to make the repetition sound like a good thing, when it isn't. It never is. Ever. When it comes to quality. That's what I mean and that's what I mean't when I replied to you the first time.

This is basically why the shorter animes are considered superior because repetion doesn't occur. Naruto, Bleach, etc. they all are guilty of repetition.
    hehe

I agree with this and it sums up my thoughts. I want to ask, what's wrong with liking the TR from DP? What's wrong with it?
    Nothing, until you start shoving it down our throats and demanding we love it too.

As the song goes, it's okay to not like things, but don't be a dick about it. The same is true for the inverse- don't be a dick about the things you LIKE, either.

"Poe was the first writer to write about main characters who were bad guys or who were mad guys, and those are some of my favorite stories."
    -Stephen King

I write odd slice of life stories about Team Rocket. If that's your thing, give them a look:

Alpha Male- behind every friendship is a story. Perspective contest fourth place winner.
    Secretary- A short and cynical tale of paperwork and sadism
    Survival- A novella about the unbreakable bonds between one man and his feline friend. 2011 Pokemon Big Bang story.

Quote Originally Posted by Matori View Post
    Kids' show doesn't have to mean unintelligent, and it's pretty insulting for you to imply that kids can't enjoy a show where conflict is presented seriously (any superhero show that aired on Kids' WB- or currently airing on CN, for that matter, the entire Nick Avatar franchise, even Adventure Time since it deals with some very serious topics under all that weirdness). As I just pointed out to Ciccone, you were able to laugh and smile along with the conflict when they were competent.

And in my opinion, it's not conflict when TR have a plot so ridiculous everyone KNOWS it's going to fail. Conflict requires two sides. A mecha that explodes with one Thundershock is not conflict.
    I think its pretty insulting when you can't respect an opinion @.@...
    I'm saying I'm enjoying it because I like to laugh along with it. Thats why I enjoyed TR as silly. To make them serious, when I can attain that in other shows and from the regional teams of this region don't make no sense to me.

And to be honest, I have no problem with them being competent as long as the keep the sillyness. The only time I really liked them here was during the meowth special and possibly from now on. I'm just saying what I prefer.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it. But the arguments use to bash BW TRio don't make sense. They aren't robots. They are doing their job and they are serious because of it. It's like how you would act different when you go to work than you would at a Christmas party.
    DP Rockets do their job as well. You see you CAN do your job and not be lifeless. The other teams, like Magma persay, they did their jobs will still having their quirks. It's just weird that everyone is getting butthurt over an opinion. :-/

I'm not shoving it in people's throats, but I do get defensive when I think others are doing it.
    岩根雅明=♡

I'm saying I'm enjoying it because I like to laugh along with it. Thats why I enjoyed TR as silly. To make them serious, when I can attain that in other shows and from the regional teams of this region don't make no sense to me.

And to be honest, I have no problem with them being competent as long as the keep the sillyness. The only time I really liked them here was during the meowth special and possibly from now on. I'm just saying what I prefer.
    The other regional teams hardly show up!

DP Rockets do their job as well. You see you CAN do your job and not be lifeless. The other teams, like Magma persay, they did their jobs will still having their quirks. It's just weird that everyone is getting butthurt over an opinion. :-/

They weren't working under Giovanni and Zager in DP. And they aren't lifeless. Watch the episodes again.

I don't think I ever disrespected your opinion once in that statement. That said, it's really hard to balance competence and seriousness when the ENTIRE SHOW for the most part has lost the comic tone it held in the first five or so seasons. That's the problem here. TR's change of tone was to match the generally serious change of tone the rest of the series has received.

I personally found them EXTREMELY JARRING in DP and yes, repetitive. And as a longtime (since the first season) TR fan, I felt heavily insulted, both on my behalf and TR's, at what happened to them.

"Poe was the first writer to write about main characters who were bad guys or who were mad guys, and those are some of my favorite stories."
    -Stephen King

I write odd slice of life stories about Team Rocket. If that's your thing, give them a look:

Alpha Male- behind every friendship is a story. Perspective contest fourth place winner.
    Survival- A novella about the unbreakable bonds between one man and his feline friend. 2011 Pokemon Big Bang story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    Not exactly lol I was the one talking about quality in the post you responded to. I'm talking about repetition when it comes to the quality of an anime, not it's popularity possibilities. What people like doesn't necessarily have to be of good quality, hence why Twilight is popular.

The reason why I said this is because you tried to make the repetition sound like a good thing, when it isn't. It never is. Ever. When it comes to quality. That's what I mean and that's what I mean't when I replied to you the first time.

This is basically why the shorter animes are considered superior because repetion doesn't occur. Naruto, Bleach, etc. they all are guilty of repetition.
    For the last time, I don't give a crap. @.@

I never even SAID it was good. I'm just saying the series tends to run on it. Second, I can enjoy the same things over and over.

Enough. Tai, stop treating me like a child because I enjoy watching this show. I get the difference between quality and quantity. At least give me something damnit. If you want to see if I know the difference between quality and quanity, then read the stories that come out of my brain. Not the ones I enjoy because they're repetitive.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's just Team Rocket became very repetitive in DP. They did the same thing in almost every episode. It got to the point where I would watch an episode up to where Team rocket would show up and then I would turn off the episode because I knew how it would end. I would only finish the ones that I knew had something I wanted to se (usually an evolution or a new move).

So basically, for me, TR made the filler in DP unbearable. Best wishes fixed this. And sure they can have more personality, but don't turn them back into what they were in DP.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

You know what, I am going to list the times that TRio showed emotion and personality during the BW series.

-They were excited when they found out Giovanni believed in them.
    -During their mottos.
    -When Meowth dressed up as an Umbreon
    -James fighting with Zager
    -Meowth worrying about being a Kanto Pokémon in the Unova region
    -Meowth with Ash.
    -Jessie and James deciding to help each other at Litwick
    -Jessie and James worrying about Zager in the Litwick episode
    -Jessie and James worrying about Meowth
    -Jessie, James and Meowth getting excited whenever they had the upper hand.
    -TRio being frustrated whenever they failed the mission
    -Saving Giovanni

And there are many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Matori View Post
    I don't think I ever disrespected your opinion once in that statement. That said, it's really hard to balance competence and seriousness when the ENTIRE SHOW for the most part has lost the comic tone it held in the first five or so seasons. That's the problem here. TR's change of tone was to match the generally serious change of tone the rest of the series has received.

I personally found them EXTREMELY JARRING in DP and yes, repetitive. And as a longtime (since the first season) TR fan, I felt heavily insulted, both on my behalf and TR's, at what happened to them.
    I'm sorry... I just felt slightly annoyed by the fact that you said I insulted kids. Plus...>3>...
    fair enough.

...hmmm...I don't have much else to say.
    The other regional teams hardly show up!
    According to you guys, neither does team rocket anymore :P. More then the regional teams...but still.
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

They weren't working under Giovanni and Zager in DP. And they aren't lifeless. Watch the episodes again.
    Um in DP they mentioned Giovanni (the boss) many times like they did in RSE;

I don't know. You don't understand how different it is, I mean to me and this is only my opinion, I mean even the mannerisms to which they speak to each other is like.... yeah. I mean I liked how they can sometimes crack jokes in the other arc. To be honest, Zager was the only one I liked as far as BW TR goes.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it. It's just Team Rocket became very repetitive in DP. They did the same thing in almost every episode. It got to the point where I would watch an episode up to where Team rocket would show up and then I would turn off the episode because I knew how it would end. I would only finish the ones that I knew had something I wanted to se (usually an evolution or a new move).

So basically, for me, TR made the filler in DP unbearable. Best wishes fixed this. And sure they can have more personality, but don't turn them back into what they were in DP.
    Thank god I wasn't the only one. I just skipped all the TR parts lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I'm sorry... I just felt slightly annoyed by the fact that you said I insulted kids. Plus...>3>...
    fair enough.

...hmmm...I don't have much else to say.

According to you guys, neither does team rocket anymore :P. More then the regional teams...but still.
    What? I never said TR didn't show up enough. There pacing is perfect. They don't show up too much and they don't show up too little.

I don't know. You don't understand how different it is, I mean to me and this is only my opinion, I mean even the mannerisms to which they speak to each other is like.... yeah. I mean I liked how they can sometimes crack jokes in the other arc. To be honest, Zager was the only one I liked as far as BW TR goes.
    They weren't working directly under him. Giovanni didn't even care about them then like he does now. Cool to see you like Zager too. I personally like Zager and Giovanni more than TRio too but I do really like TRio as well.

You know what, I am going to list the times that TRio showed emotion and personality during the BW series.

-They were excited when they found out Giovanni believed in them.
    -During their mottos.
    -When Meowth dressed up as an Umbreon
    -James fighting with Zager
    -Meowth worrying about being a Kanto Pokémon in the Unova region
    -Meowth with Ash.
    -Jessie and James deciding to help each other at Litwick
    -Jessie and James worrying about Zager in the Litwick episode
    -Jessie and James worrying about Meowth
    -Jessie, James and Meowth getting excited whenever they had the upper hand.
    -TRio being frustrated whenever they failed the mission
    -Saving Giovanni

And there are many more.
    Don't forget the times they insulted the twerps in the Twist Mountain episodes! I loved those parts.

fair enough.
    It wasn't aimed personally at you so much as the whole mindset that every bit of media aimed children needs to be dumbed down and shoved through a million focus groups for it to be "successful" or "developmentally appropriate." I think it's really dumbing down kids and limiting their imaginations for them to only have happy things on their TVs and in their books, as someone who grew up in the Golden Age of Disney and with the Harry Potter and Goosebumps series. But that's way offtopic.

Only in the context of boss fantasies, though.
    Last edited by Matori; 15th January 2013 at 1:20 AM.

-Stephen King

What? I never said TR didn't show up enough. There pacing is perfect. They don't show up too much and they don't show up too little.
    lol okay.

Sinnoh's my favorite region. Isn't that enough to know what my preference is?
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

lol okay.

Sinnoh's my favorite region. Isn't that enough to know what my preference is?
    I mean if there is one thing people agree on, it's that TRio not showing up in every episode is helping the show XD

But Sinnoh would have been better without them. They distracted and took away screen time from the characters that were actually important in Sinnoh.

But Sinnoh would have been better without them. They distracted and took away screen time from the characters that would actually important in Sinnoh.
    **** it. I seriously give up.

Too me, thats like saying "isn't the whole anime better without repetitiveness?"
    Ha, maybe it would be. But I don't really care. I enjoyed them. I'm not watching it for extensive character development and things I can just nitpick at like every other series is god damn world apparently can be, I'm here to enjoy it because its pokemon. And I'm going to continue to enjoy it unless it does a total opposite twist from how it is right now.

That means most of the repetitiveness I can take and enjoy.

Oh and I still can enjoy Serious TR, I'm just saying what I prefere and I found them more entertaining in sinnoh.
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I mean if there is one thing people agree on, it's that TRio not showing up in every episode is helping the show XD

But Sinnoh would have been better without them. They distracted and took away screen time from the characters that were actually important in Sinnoh.
    They didn't take away that much screen time....
    岩根雅明=♡

**** it. I seriously give up.

Too me, thats like saying "isn't the whole anime better without repetitiveness?"
    Ha, maybe it would be. But I don't really care. I enjoyed them. I'm not watching it for extensive character development and things I can just nitpick at like every other series is god damn world apparently can be, I'm here to enjoy it because its pokemon. And I'm going to continue to enjoy it unless it does a total opposite twist from how it is right now.

That means most of the repetitiveness I can take and enjoy.

Oh and I still can enjoy Serious TR, I'm just saying what I prefere and I found them more entertaining in sinnoh.
    That's fine but can't you see why the older fans would be sick of repetitiveness by now?

..................I guess we'll have to disagree on that.

I completely agree! It's odd though how I miss them being silly, while in the old seasons they would occasionally do such bizarre and silly things that I could hardly watch...but it was still overall better than the way they are now, and yeah it would be fine if they are more competent, just now the way they are now. Sure they are in it technically, but like their personalities are like gone....
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

I want to ask, what's wrong with liking the TR from DP? What's wrong with it?
    Nothing's wrong with it, but it gets tiring to constantly voice that you want DP TR back, thus denying fans of BW TR any more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafleg View Post
    Sure they are in it technically, but like their personalities are like gone....
    Blah blah blah, say something original! And their personalities aren't gone, they've changed. Personalities can do that.

Actually I feel that if they would have left the show after Johto than the regional villain teams could have gotten more focus and attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    Actually I feel that if they would have left the show after Johto than the regional villain teams could have gotten more focus and attention.
    I completely agree with that. No TRio in DP probably would have meant more J and Galactic in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Nothing's wrong with it, but it gets tiring to constantly voice that you want DP TR back, thus denying fans of BW TR any more of them.
    I wasn't trying to shove my opinion in people's throats.

I mean, can we all stop acting like one group of fans are better than the other?!
    岩根雅明=♡

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast