Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 1611

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

  1. #451

    Default

    I only BW episode I like was the train chase.

    As for my favorite moments; lets see.... I liked in the Galactic episodes, the one where they said unless you want lustrous lasagna....

    Oh and the one where they were blasting off and they said "why couldn't we open the gate way to the whatchamacallit?"

    That wobuffet, my god.

    There are more.
    岩根雅明=♡

  2. #452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I honestly think TRio are really more interesting than the protagonists as a whole, because they always managed to spice up the series for me, even when I'm bored silly. These days, not so much, since they're so serious but not getting as much screentime. It's like Cilan is the comedy relief now, but I was LOL'ing hard when his butt was sticking out on the train with Iris and he was staring out the window so excited. XD.
    Same with me. I could identify them more because I was always bullied at school so cheering for underdog characters with the same amount of sarcasm as me was a good release, and it made me feel less alone in my troubles. Personally I feel TR (as a whole) are more human than any other character on Pokemon.

    They got really boring to me and lost some of that appeal in DP so I stopped caring about the anime for a while. I do enjoy them serious though and enjoyed cheering for them during their missions, but I find Iris and some of the other female protagonists (Georgia, Burgundy, Cynthia) hold my attention just as well.

    Cilan started promising but I feel he wore out his welcome quickly.

    "Poe was the first writer to write about main characters who were bad guys or who were mad guys, and those are some of my favorite stories."
    -Stephen King

    I write odd slice of life stories about Team Rocket. If that's your thing, give them a look:

    Alpha Male- behind every friendship is a story. Perspective contest fourth place winner.
    Secretary- A short and cynical tale of paperwork and sadism
    Survival- A novella about the unbreakable bonds between one man and his feline friend. 2011 Pokemon Big Bang story.


  3. #453
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Well apparently Team Rocket blasting off was funny to little kids (aka the target demographic, the ones who actually affect the ratings, et cetera), which is why they were doing it in almost every episode up until BW. I figure that it's the greatest indicator of how Team Rocket will behave from now on. Oh, and they've created chaos before, even when they were "funny." So them hacking into computers isn't really evidence that they're "competent" or anything, especially since it's guaranteed that they're going to fail anyway.
    I think it's pointing to the fair balance. They'll blast off from time to time while still showing their skills shown in Best Wishes so far.

  4. #454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matori View Post
    Same with me. I could identify them more because I was always bullied at school so cheering for underdog characters with the same amount of sarcasm as me was a good release, and it made me feel less alone in my troubles. Personally I feel TR (as a whole) are more human than any other character on Pokemon.
    Same with me, meaning with being made fun of and rooting for characters who aren't popular. I was in another fandom where there was a character that was JUST LIKE ME personality wise and was a underdog character compared to the edgy ones. Now, I don't get emotional over it because it is rather taboo to do so as I learned the hard way. But I can kinda relate.

    Even I have to say that besides from Team Magma, Team Rocket DID feel more human than other teams. /off topic
    岩根雅明=♡

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matori View Post
    Same with me. I could identify them more because I was always bullied at school so cheering for underdog characters with the same amount of sarcasm as me was a good release, and it made me feel less alone in my troubles. Personally I feel TR (as a whole) are more human than any other character on Pokemon.

    They got really boring to me and lost some of that appeal in DP so I stopped caring about the anime for a while. I do enjoy them serious though and enjoyed cheering for them during their missions, but I find Iris and some of the other female protagonists (Georgia, Burgundy, Cynthia) hold my attention just as well.

    Cilan started promising but I feel he wore out his welcome quickly.
    Yeah, I agree. TRio really seem so relatable compared to Ash and company for me, and it's fun to see how human they can act (especially Meowth, who's a Pokemon)! They've really been the main reason for a lot of my laughs when I've had bad days, and felt alone or depressed. I did enjoy the serious TRio for maybe the first 25 eps, until they changed back into their usual white outfits. Since then, I've really been bored by their presence for some reason (and their serious attitudes), since they seem so dull for some reason. That's just me though lol.

    I still kinda like Cilan though- when he booted Dawn out of the picture in one of the filler eps, I was laughing.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  6. #456
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I still kinda like Cilan though- when he booted Dawn out of the picture in one of the filler eps, I was laughing.
    Instincts twingle*

    laughing you say? D:< XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  7. #457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. TRio really seem so relatable compared to Ash and company for me, and it's fun to see how human they can act (especially Meowth, who's a Pokemon)! They've really been the main reason for a lot of my laughs when I've had bad days, and felt alone or depressed.
    Team Rocket is probably singlehandedly responsible for getting me through my rough middle- and high school years alive/sane, which is pretty much why I'm so passionate about them and why I keep posting in this thread.

    Good to see they mean the same to others as well.

    "Poe was the first writer to write about main characters who were bad guys or who were mad guys, and those are some of my favorite stories."
    -Stephen King

    I write odd slice of life stories about Team Rocket. If that's your thing, give them a look:

    Alpha Male- behind every friendship is a story. Perspective contest fourth place winner.
    Secretary- A short and cynical tale of paperwork and sadism
    Survival- A novella about the unbreakable bonds between one man and his feline friend. 2011 Pokemon Big Bang story.


  8. #458
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Instincts twingle*

    laughing you say? D:< XD
    Mainly because Cilan was in his own world when he went to connoisseur-land, and didn't even notice Dawn was there. Dawn was my favorite character in the DP Saga.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matori View Post
    Team Rocket is probably singlehandedly responsible for getting me through my rough middle- and high school years alive/sane, which is pretty much why I'm so passionate about them and why I keep posting in this thread.

    Good to see they mean the same to others as well.
    Yeah, same here. Glad to see some TRio fans out there. I do feel they've overstayed their welcome but at the same time, they are some of the more lovable chars to me on the anime.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Cilan has a flavor fetish
    hehe

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,983

    Default

    Cilan is still more entertaining than DP-era Brock or Tracey either way.

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Cilan is still more entertaining than DP-era Brock or Tracey either way.
    QFT. That is all.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  12. #462
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Mainly because Cilan was in his own world when he went to connoisseur-land, and didn't even notice Dawn was there. Dawn was my favorite character in the DP Saga.
    pfft, I felt bad for Cilan afterwards. He's not that much of a pain... Iris is totally much more of a pain. Not so above it all indeed.

    ...even Dawn annoyed me there. D:<. I only took it okayly because I've been in a similar situation in real life.
    ...doesn't change the fact that she annoyed me in episdoe 3 and episode 4. (Episode 2 and her goodbye more then made up for it though. <3) xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,983

    Default

    I'm just bothered by the fact that Team Rocket's pokemon are so forgettable now. Remember how memorable all of TR's Pokemon were?

    When AG started they made sure to make Seviper and Cacnea almost as memorable as Arbok/Weezing were. I remember people really liking Seviper/Cacnea back then, but nowadays their pokemon replacemnets are forgettable.

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I'm just bothered by the fact that Team Rocket's pokemon are so forgettable now. Remember how memorable all of TR's Pokemon were?

    When AG started they made sure to make Seviper and Cacnea almost as memorable as Arbok/Weezing were. I remember people really liking Seviper/Cacnea back then, but nowadays their pokemon replacemnets are forgettable.
    Victreebel and Wobbuffet are as well. Those guys are memorable. D:

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Victreebel and Wobbuffet are as well. Those guys are memorable. D:
    Yeah. I didn't really care much for Mime Jr or Chimecho since they never did much.

    As repetitive as TR could get in Johto and AG when they weren't handled well, at least their pokemon were entertaining to watch them battle. To be honest Team Rocket were the low-point of the last two generations and the writers seemed to only use them to fill 5 minutes of screentime in most episodes.

    I'm glad they did try something different in BW, even though its not handled as well as it could have been. Otherwise I feel Shudo should have just axed them at the end of Johto and move the show on.

  16. #466
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    They are both doing their jobs and got their quirks back. Which is what I wanted and should have been that way in BW1. Adding Giovanni and Zager of course. But that's only me. Feel free to disagree.
    Oh lord take me now!! *gives up on life*

    People actually enjoyed when they blasted off?? Seriously??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  17. #467
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh lord take me now!! *gives up on life*

    People actually enjoyed when they blasted off?? Seriously??
    lord we've been over this. @.@....
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  18. #468
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh lord take me now!! *gives up on life*

    People actually enjoyed when they blasted off?? Seriously??
    I think I just might sig this.

  19. #469
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,602

    Default

    It wasn't the blasting off that got to me, it was the endless stream of terrible puns *shudders*.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  20. #470
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    lord we've been over this. @.@....
    I don't give a hoot if you enjoyed their "funny" personality. Blasting off is not a personality trait. It is the very vain of TR's existence.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  21. #471
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah, I've always found something or another I like about each series.

    I don't see why Johto or BW are as bad as people are making them out to be, though. xD.
    The reason Takeshi Shudo quit the show was because he was disgusted with the direction the show went in Johto. He seemed to be really disappointed that he couldn't take the show in the direction he wanted it during Kanto/Orange so he gradually stopped writing and quit. Shudo talks about in his blog about how he tried to save and revamp the show when they were planning AG. Its all a fascinating read.

  22. #472
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The reason Takeshi Shudo quit the show was because he was disgusted with the direction the show went in Johto. He seemed to be really disappointed that he couldn't take the show in the direction he wanted it during Kanto/Orange so he gradually stopped writing and quit. Shudo talks about in his blog about how he tried to save and revamp the show when they were planning AG. Its all a fascinating read.
    I see. That explains a lot of things, actually. Thanks for explaining that.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    pfft, I felt bad for Cilan afterwards.
    He's not that much of a pain... Iris is totally much more of a pain. Not so above it all indeed.

    ...even Dawn annoyed me there. D:<. I only took it okayly because I've been in a similar situation in real life.
    ...doesn't change the fact that she annoyed me in episdoe 3 and episode 4. (Episode 2 and her goodbye more then made up for it though. <3) xD
    Yeah, I was annoyed with Dawn at first...then I actually grew to like her character...then I disliked her...then I liked her again. I've never felt so different about a character at points than Dawn. xD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 15th January 2013 at 3:10 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  23. #473
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I see. That explains a lot of things, actually. Thanks for explaining that.
    You could read it here:

    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ipping-debates

    Shudo wasn't fired, he largely quit the anime around mid Johto because he didn't like the show turning into what it did. Johto did away with Kanto's sense of darkness and the repetitive nature of the fillers and lack of development for the main cast did it in.

  24. #474
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    You could read it here:

    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ipping-debates

    Shudo wasn't fired, he largely quit the anime around mid Johto because he didn't like the show turning into what it did. Johto did away with Kanto's sense of darkness and the repetitive nature of the fillers and lack of development for the main cast did it in.
    Thanks for the link. Will check it out.

    On a side note, the Pokemon replacements for TRio have been getting extraordinarily forgettable. Yamask and Woobat don't leave near as good as an impression as Victreebel, Cacnea, Arbok, Wobbuffet, Weezing, and Seviper etc. Around Chimecho's capture in Hoenn is when they began to get forgettable for me.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  25. #475
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    On a side note, the Pokemon replacements for TRio have been getting extraordinarily forgettable. Yamask and Woobat don't leave near as good as an impression as Victreebel, Cacnea, Arbok, Wobbuffet, Weezing, and Seviper etc. Around Chimecho's capture in Hoenn is when they began to get forgettable for me.
    Its actually surprising when you realize Jessie owned Seviper for double the amount of time she had Arbok. Arbok lasted about 280 episodes, (up to the 6th ep of Hoenn), while she owned Seviper for nearly 400 episodes since it was caught in the 7th Hoenn ep and lasted all the way to the final DP episode.

Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •