Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 700 of 1611

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

  1. #676
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I do disagree with your friend on some parts. Thing is that I've seen the whole Galactic story about 15 times (because it was that good) and the portal shrinking still contained the new world, I was vanishing, but their leader managed to jump in before it actually vanished.
    If you've watched it that many times, you should remember that then the closed "portal" (that contains the new world) gets BLOWN UP by Dialga and Palkia. Cyrus = Dead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I'm agreeing with ShinyCharyZard's post. We don't know if they're dead or alive. No one can be right unless we have confirmation.
    This is a kids' show. Deaths are never going to be too explicit, but they're still deaths. The writers don't need to confirm that.

    Your rationale is the same many people in the Avatar: The Last Airbender fandom used to say certain characters who died might still be alive. It was shown in the show ambiguously not to leave the possibility of survival open, but because the network would not allow explicit, graphic death to be shown on a kids' show. It's the same with character deaths in Pokemon.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 26th January 2013 at 1:49 AM.

  2. #677

    Default

    Now, I'm wondering if Jessie and James only battle against Grunts. That is if they battle.
    ^ *wants to seem them battle against Ghetsis*
    岩根雅明=♡

  3. #678
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Don't get your hopes up. Ash and N will battle Ghetsis.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 26th January 2013 at 1:58 AM.

  4. #679

    Default

    If not Ghetsis then Colress (actually my ideal would be for Team Rocket to battle Ghetsis and maybe get caught up with the Traid members)

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    If you've watched it that many times, you should remember that then the closed "portal" (that contains the new world) gets BLOWN UP by Dialga and Palkia. Cyrus = Dead.
    No need to be rude -_- I thought he was in the new world BEFORE it disappeared.

    I guess I didn't see thr rest of the episode since the one I saw went from the new world disappearing int star form to them actually getting arrested.
    岩根雅明=♡

  5. #680
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    If not Ghetsis and Colress

    If you've watched it that many times, you should remember that then the closed "portal" (that contains the new world) gets BLOWN UP by Dialga and Palkia. Cyrus = Dead

    No need to be rude -_- I thought he was in the new world BEFORE it disappeared.

    I guess I didn't see thr rest of the episode since the one I saw went from the new world disappearing int star form to them actually getting arrested.
    MY GOD. How was he being rude?

  6. #681
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to be factual. And the fact is that if Cyrus just wanted to open a portal to a new world that he could go through without consequence, then there would be no stakes or danger in the story at all. There'd be no reason to stop Cyrus and Team Galactic. That was not a portal, it only resembled one through design choice. That was the actual new world that would expand outward and consume the old one if not stopped, upon which it shrunk back inward and then blasted out of existence by the God-like Pokemon who Cyrus had create it for him. I don't even LIKE this scene and think it's terrible writing for several reasons, but I still accept it for what it is: a character death, no ifs, ands, or buts.

  7. #682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    MY GOD. How was he being rude?
    Okay, maybe he wasn't and I apologize. I just have a hard time believing that it was a character death that's all. But I'll accept just because you said so I guess.
    岩根雅明=♡

  8. #683
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to be factual. And the fact is that if Cyrus just wanted to open a portal to a new world that he could go through without consequence, then there would be no stakes or danger in the story at all. There'd be no reason to stop Cyrus and Team Galactic. That was not a portal, it only resembled one through design choice. That was the actual new world that would expand outward and consume the old one if not stopped, upon which it shrunk back inward and then blasted out of existence by the God-like Pokemon who Cyrus had create it for him. I don't even LIKE this scene and think it's terrible writing for several reasons, but I still accept it for what it is: a character death, no ifs, ands, or buts.
    We don't know what happen yes he wanted to wipe out the current world for a new one. and yes he was stopped but for all we know he may have created a small alternate universe (most likely nothing in it but a alternate universe none the less) by mistake this may not have been what he planed on doing but it could still be what happen an now he trapped there. The fact there and argument going on about this proves we don't know what happened to him he may have died with the wipe out of the new world or he may be trapped in a alternate world that was made.

  9. #684
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    3,999

    Default

    I studied quantum physics in my school years and if it is to be believed then Cyrus chances of survival are as good as his chances of death. This whole topic of Space-Time is really really complicated to start with. I don't know what GF were thinking when chose such a topic to build a story upon, a topic that is mostly theoretical to start with. Cyrus was trying to make a new world that would replace the current one. Quantum physics states that matter need space to exist. So there must be a place where that new world was being developed. If they were developing it over the real world then there must be some part of real world that was replaced. Interestingly they never told us anything about it, the physical significance of the TG plan. Its possible that Cyrus landed in the same replaced space. It is getting really hard to explain, the main thing is they left the story unresolved. Maybe it was too big a thing for them to understand. Moral of the story is, if we keep real physics in mind then Cyrus chances of survival are 50-50. What they wanted to show is beyond me. Maybe they wanted to show that Cyrus is forever lost in some unknown dimension. Who cares? We have got better things at hand, that is TP.

    On Topic: I am fine with TR appearing each episode if they can pose a real danger each episode. Its not like ranting will do us any good.

  10. #685
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Is there a chance Ghetsis will call N a freak like he did in the games?

  11. #686

    Default

    And just one more thing, I also forgot cold vacuum of space. So yeah, character death.

    Anyway, I wish we also had a Team P speculation thread but yeah but I hope we get to see the trio battle not just the grunts. Kinda like how they did with Team Magma/Aqua but more contact with the higher ups this time.
    岩根雅明=♡

  12. #687
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Is there a chance Ghetsis will call N a freak like he did in the games?
    Is it wrong if I wanted him to go further than that with the verbal abuse ? Is it also wrong if I want him to attack Ash and co with Gensect/Kyurem?

  13. #688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Is it wrong if I wanted him to go further than that with the verbal abuse ? Is it also wrong if I want him to attack Ash and co with Gensect/Kyurem?
    Knowing the anime.... they probably might have Ghetsis treat him differently.... like way differently then the game did.

    Oh no, I actually want to see Ghetsis attempt to FREEZE them with Glaciate like in BW2,
    岩根雅明=♡

  14. #689
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Lets put it this way.. Scenes from the episodes may be remastered and used (like they already have been several times now), but the actual episodes themselves probably won't air.. What would be the point when they've used the footage for a bunch of other episodes and/or in the opening?
    What on earth are you talking about? They re-used ONE 30 second scene.

    You're talking about two episodes that add up to about 44 minutes of screentime. The minute and a half they used of those stairs and Liepard does not mean 43 minutes of those episodes have been, "Reused."

    Where the hell are the other 43 minutes of screentime of those two episodes? I don't see them reused anywhere.

  15. #690
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Knowing the anime.... they probably might have Ghetsis treat him differently.... like way differently then the game did.

    Oh no, I actually want to see Ghetsis attempt to FREEZE them with Glaciate like in BW2,
    I know lol. Probably he would treat everyone waay too nicely. They might even forget black coated Ghetsis is 1 step away from being commited.

    Same here.

  16. #691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I know lol. Probably he would treat everyone waay too nicely. They might even forget black coated Ghetsis is 1 step away from being commited.

    Same here.
    I'm noticing that the character's anime counterparts are a little different, so I wouldn't count on Ghetsis being the same. I do want him to be like... ruthless towards his subordinates and co (but act different around his step children)

    Well, brining Team Tocket back in, do you think that if they ever came in contact with Ghetsis, (I think they will because they are going to want to capture Kyurem like with other legendary Pokemon) that he might use it to free *them* instead?
    岩根雅明=♡

  17. #692
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I'm noticing that the character's anime counterparts are a little different, so I wouldn't count on Ghetsis being the same. I do want him to be like... ruthless towards his subordinates and co (but act different around his step children)

    Well, brining Team Tocket back in, do you think that if they ever came in contact with Ghetsis, (I think they will because they are going to want to capture Kyurem like with other legendary Pokemon) that he might use it to free *them* instead?
    I doubt Ghetsis is capable of feeling actual love or affection for anyone. Although he could probably fake it if need be like he did with N in the games.

    Ha most likely. But for some reason I'm really afraid Kyurem might not even be a part of this..

  18. #693
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I'm noticing that the character's anime counterparts are a little different, so I wouldn't count on Ghetsis being the same. I do want him to be like... ruthless towards his subordinates and co (but act different around his step children)
    Whoever that is, that's not Ghetsis.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  19. #694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I doubt Ghetsis is capable of feeling actual love or affection for anyone. Although he could probably fake it if need be like he did with N in the games.

    Ha most likely. But for some reason I'm really afraid Kyurem might not even be a part of this..
    I think deep down inside, he has other emotions.

    True, and I can't base it off the grunts wearing their ninja like outfits on that either :[
    岩根雅明=♡

  20. #695
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I think deep down inside, he has other emotions.

    True, and I can't base it off the grunts wearing their ninja like outfits on that either :[
    Hmm, I suppose he could feel Greed, Pride, Lust, Gluttony, Wrath(most likely), Sloth(maybe..), and Envy.

    Yeah but those ninja outfits really suit the women

  21. #696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Hmm, I suppose he could feel Greed, Pride, Lust, Gluttony, Wrath(most likely), Sloth(maybe..), and Envy.

    Yeah but those ninja outfits really suit the women
    He's felt that in the games, mostly greed but envy isn't Ghetsis' style. But yeah, I would be happy if they used his game portrayal and expanded upon it.
    岩根雅明=♡

  22. #697
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I think deep down inside, he has other emotions.
    Did you even actually play the games? Because you seem to have absolutely no understanding of what kind of character Ghetsis actually is.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  23. #698
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    He's felt that in the games, mostly greed but envy isn't Ghetsis' style. But yeah, I would be happy if they used his game portrayal and expanded upon it.
    I think wanting to take over the entire world is pretty greedy lol. I don't know about Envy but I had to list it. I really don't know why they can't elaborate on Ghetsis' evilness since the writers had the guts to make paul and J and everyone just loved them.

  24. #699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Did you even actually play the games? Because you seem to have absolutely no understanding of what kind of character Ghetsis actually is.
    Yes I did XD Both Black and White 1 *and* 2. Oh and I often replay them.

    I was pretty much saying that I've noticed with characters in the anime, they are often portrayed a little differently than their game counterparts. That said, I DO have understanding of who Ghetsis really is (thus I've said that he was my favorite character on Team P). I'm just making my own speculations.
    岩根雅明=♡

  25. #700
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Yes I did XD Both Black and White 1 *and* 2. Oh and I often replay them.

    I was pretty much saying that I've noticed with characters in the anime, they are often portrayed a little differently than their game counterparts. That said, I DO have understanding of who Ghetsis really is (thus I've said that he was my favorite character on Team P). I'm just making my own speculations.
    If Ghetsis is portrayed as a man with a heart, there will be a HUGE backlash from the fans.

Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •