Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

So in one of the latest scans you can see Unfezant destroying one of Zager's cubes with only 1 wing attack, popping the TRio's balloon and making them blast off.
    I think this sound is the only way to describe this. I mean really?

I'm soo happy the funny Team Rocket are back!... I've really missed them... I don't think this will be the case every episode though,,, I can see a few TR Teaming up with Ash and Co occasionally when fighting against Team Plasma, so it's not all about blasting off all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    I'm soo happy the funny Team Rocket are back!... I've really missed them... I don't think this will be the case every episode though,,, I can see a few TR Teaming up with Ash and Co occasionally when fighting against Team Plasma, so it's not all about blasting off all the time
    Yeah, or maybe again like with Team Galactic. Tr kinda acting alone "against them", but still being funny

Basically, they took a good thing from the previous saga's and ruined it during the course of Best Wishes.. and now they want to put it right by making it like the old times again.

Happy me!
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Yeah, or maybe again like with Team Galactic. Tr kinda acting alone "against them", but still being funny
    We've already seen goofy TR against an evil organization and we know how those usually go. Why not do something new and have serious TRio along with Zager and Giovanni against Plasma?

Correct me if I'm wrong, does blasting off necessarily mean they're back to their goofy ways? I mean, they could blast off and still be serious. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, does blasting off necessarily mean they're back to their goofy ways? I mean, they could blast off and still be serious. Just curious.
    People are making assumptions at this point. We really don't know for sure what TR will be like this saga. The balloon and the blasting off aren't sure signs of them being goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    We've already seen goofy TR against an evil organization and we know how those usually go. Why not do something new and have serious TRio along with Zager and Giovanni against Plasma?
    Something new?

It wouldn't be new, considering they've done it already.. the episodes just haven't aired because the writers think showing them will somehow upset earthquake victims. Personally if I was one of those victims, I'd be more disgusted that they implied there is any connection between a split in the ground on an anime and a real life natural disaster that I'd just narrowly survived..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Something new?

It wouldn't be new, considering they've done it already.. the episodes just haven't aired because the writers think showing them will somehow upset earthquake victims. If anything, I'd be more disgusted that they implied there is any connection between a split in the ground on an anime and a real life natural disaster that I'd just narrowly survived..
    Maybe there actually is a huge earthquake in that episode and that's why they don't want to show it?

That may be true, but its still disgusting how they could compare it to a real life occurrence..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Something new?

It wouldn't be new, considering they've done it already.. the episodes just haven't aired because the writers think showing them will somehow upset earthquake victims. Personally if I was one of those victims, I'd be more disgusted that they implied there is any connection between a split in the ground on an anime and a real life natural disaster that I'd just narrowly survived..
    It would be something new in that the 2 leaders will go head to head. The postponed episodes likely didn't feature Ghetis and Colress.

They banned the episodes because of a scene where a large part of Castelia got destroyed.
    Not because of an earthquake but because of a weapon powered by the meteonite that James fired, I think you could even see it in the trailer.
    Pretty lame reason to ban those episodes especially since it completely changed the future of the BW saga.

Just because they begin to resume flying from damage doesnt mean they lost seriousness. I think they just want to use old equipment so that Team Plasma thinks they're useless and let their guard down.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    No, there are no implications that they did anything of that sort. No spreading of false information, please 8)
    Maybe not for screentime, but yes, there are implications that they objected to Team Rocket's portrayal in BW. Pokemon Radio wouldn't exist without it.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Maybe not for screentime, but yes, there are implications that they objected to Team Rocket's portrayal in BW. Pokemon Radio wouldn't exist without it.
    Objection is an exaggeration because you have no concrete proof that they objected in public and said 'We hate new Team Rocket!". Now that would be objecting. Just because you dislike comical Team Rocket does not give you the right to resort to attacks against their voice actors.

And for you to keep spreading even more misinformation is crazy. Seriously, just stop.
    Last edited by Sushi; 30th December 2012 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Objection is an exaggeration because you have no concrete proof that they objected in public and said 'We hate new Team Rocket!". Now that would be objecting. Just because you dislike comical Team Rocket does not give you the right to resort to attacks against their voice actors.

That is, quite frankly, immature.

And for you to keep spreading even more misinformation is crazy. Seriously, just stop.
    Guess I have to post this again...

Quote Originally Posted by Inuko Inuyama via Dogasu's Backpack
    Recently in the cartoon, Nyasu got fired from the Rocket-Dan and joined with Satoshi and his friends. "He starts to think things like 'So I could live my life like this instead?' (laughs) There have been a lot more serious scenes in this show lately and it's become less interesting and more difficult for me than I thought."

アニメでは最近、ニャースがロケット団をクビになりサトシたちの仲間に。「こういう生き方もありなんじゃな いかなと思ったりしました(笑)。物語では、シ リアスな場面も多くなっていて、面白くならないようにするのも意外と大変なんですよ」。
    More complete translation from Bluesun + image of original interview in post above

No public objection?

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

No public objection?
    That still doesn't support the 'Team Rocket VA Conspiracy Theory' you made up. It's only natural that she would confess that it's strange for her to act OOC after 15 years of playing very well known Meowth. Unless people are forbidden to have a freedom of speech?

And what are you hoping to gain with your posts? To make people hate their voice actors?

That won't change the fact that Team Rocket has finally gone back to normal.

Guess I have to post this again...

More complete translation from Bluesun + image of original interview in post above

No public objection?
    TGB... I think it's been mentioned at least twice now that this is a mistranslation. Both times, IIRC, the correct version was posted in response to one of your posts and I really, really hope you simply missed them instead of actively ignoring them. Please don't help turning this into one of those persistent, never-ending rumors ŕ la Butterfree and fast-paced BW :/

Again:
    "There are a lot of serious scenes in the story lately, and making sure not to act silly/funny is unexpectedly difficult."

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    That still doesn't support the 'Team Rocket VA Conspiracy Theory' you made up. It's only natural that she would confess that it's strange for her to act OOC after 15 years of playing very well known Meowth.
    Except anyone who actually pays attention to what's going on can tell that they weren't OOC. They spent over a decade trying to impress Giovanni and get a promotion. Then they got the promotion. And when they got the promotion, they did what was required of their new station. It was never OOC, it was character development.

Unless people are forbidden to have a freedom of speech?

And what are you hoping to gain with your posts? To make people hate their voice actors?

That won't change the fact that Team Rocket has finally gone back to normal.
    Oh, the irony.

EDIT:

TGB... I think it's been mentioned at least twice now that this is a mistranslation. Both times, IIRC, the correct version was posted in response to one of your posts and I really, really hope you simply missed them instead of actively ignoring them. Please don't help turning this into one of those persistent, never-ending rumors ŕ la Butterfree and fast-paced BW :/

Again:
    "There are a lot of serious scenes in the story lately, and making sure not to act silly/funny is unexpectedly difficult."
    I was unaware of this, but it doesn't really change much. The only significant difference between the two translations is the subtraction of the "less interesting" part, which one could reasonably infer from the tone.

And even failing that, it doesn't change Megumi Hayashibara being the one who came up with the idea for Pokemon Radio.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 30th December 2012 at 12:41 AM.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I was unaware of this, but it doesn't really change much. The only significant difference between the two translations is the subtraction of the "less interesting" part, which one could reasonably infer from the tone.
    It changes a lot. It turns an undeniable fact, proven by a direct statement of a VA, into a mere theory and interpretation based on the ostensible tone of said VA's statement (how you can perceive the tone out of a written interview is a bit puzzling to me, but whatever).

And even failing that, it doesn't change Megumi Hayashibara being the one who came up with the idea for Pokemon Radio.
    That's true. And someone else working for the show, who's not a VA, jumped on the idea, organized a twitter account and wrote the scripts. It also must've been checked and approved by TPTB as the show was advertised on TV Tokyo's website and the anime section of the official Pokémon site.

Look, I'm not trying to stop you from thinking that the VAs were rebelling or something, but you should keep in mind that this remains a theory of yours and that it is nowhere near proven beyond doubt.

---

I don't much care about Team Rocket either way, but I hope the change that has likely taken place in their attitude and methods at least has a smoother transition than last time.

I was fine with and accepted the promotion and mission(s) being the reason for their rigid and stoic behavior, but they didn't do enough to illustrate it by showing a more gradual progression or flashback scenes with them steeling themselves for upcoming tasks, etc. The sudden u-turn was a bit jarring. Give me conversations with Giovanni, Matori or with each other to explain and justify shifts in behavior and I'll buy it, but not another ping-pong game like DP191 -> BW001-022 -> BW025, 026, 029 ->beyond.

Kinda on the fence about their new Pokémon. Frillish is brilliant, but Amoonguss... meh. If they insist on making one evolved and the other unevolved, the reverse would have been preferable imo. Buuut, as just about everyone else, I'm excited to see if older TR Pokémon like Wobbuffet are allowed to rise from the dead now :D

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

I don't much care about Team Rocket either way, but I hope the change that has likely taken place in their attitude and methods at least has a smoother transition than last time.
    Do we have a cast list for the Ash VS. Cameron finale episode yet? I can't imagine any way that 1) Giovanni sending them back to Unova, 2) them capturing Frillish and Amoonguss and 3) resetting back into idiots can all be covered in just the first episode of Chapter of N while still leaving enough time for the new-girl-picks-her-starter plot and an actual Team Rocket attack.

I was fine with and accepted the promotion and mission(s) being the reason for their rigid and stoic behavior, but they didn't do enough to illustrate it by showing a more gradual progression or flashback scenes with them steeling themselves for upcoming tasks, etc. The sudden u-turn was a bit jarring.
    That's not really completely true, though. The U-turn wasn't that jarring because they were only slightly more serious at the beginning of BW. It wasn't until BW005 or so, when Giovanni started actively giving them assignments, that they became completely serious.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Do we have a cast list for the Ash VS. Cameron finale episode yet? I can't imagine any way that 1) Giovanni sending them back to Unova, 2) them capturing Frillish and Amoonguss and 3) resetting back into idiots can all be covered in just the first episode of Chapter of N while still leaving enough time for the new-girl-picks-her-starter plot and an actual Team Rocket attack.
    I can't recall, but I think not. If they get small portions in both BWS2-24 and BWS2EN-1 that would certainly help, but I'm still worried that it might not be quite enough.

That's not really completely true, though. The U-turn wasn't that jarring because they were only slightly more serious at the beginning of BW. It wasn't until BW005 or so, when Giovanni started actively giving them assignments, that they became completely serious.
    Admittedly, I couldn't quite remember the details of their scenes from BW001-005 so I might have been generalizing a little XD A few of their spying scenes getting replaced in favor of moments where they talk about having to pull themselves together or their desperation not to screw things up would have been welcome, in any case. Maybe that's just me though.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

I'm re-watching Kanto now. TRio are so brilliant in this saga. I'm still amazed with how well they are written watching it back.

It changes a lot. It turns an undeniable fact, proven by a direct statement of a VA, into a mere theory and interpretation based on the ostensible tone of said VA's statement (how you can perceive the tone out of a written interview is a bit puzzling to me, but whatever).

That's true. And someone else working for the show, who's not a VA, jumped on the idea, organized a twitter account and wrote the scripts. It also must've been checked and approved by TPTB as the show was advertised on TV Tokyo's website and the anime section of the official Pokémon site.

Look, I'm not trying to stop you from thinking that the VAs were rebelling or something, but you should keep in mind that this remains a theory of yours and that it is nowhere near proven beyond doubt.

---

I was fine with and accepted the promotion and mission(s) being the reason for their rigid and stoic behavior, but they didn't do enough to illustrate it by showing a more gradual progression or flashback scenes with them steeling themselves for upcoming tasks, etc. The sudden u-turn was a bit jarring. Give me conversations with Giovanni, Matori or with each other to explain and justify shifts in behavior and I'll buy it, but not another ping-pong game like DP191 -> BW001-022 -> BW025, 026, 029 ->beyond.

Kinda on the fence about their new Pokémon. Frillish is brilliant, but Amoonguss... meh. If they insist on making one evolved and the other unevolved, the reverse would have been preferable imo. Buuut, as just about everyone else, I'm excited to see if older TR Pokémon like Wobbuffet are allowed to rise from the dead now
    Lol what has Frillish done that's impressive?? At least Amoongus was able to defeat the rodent.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I can't recall, but I think not. If they get small portions in both BWS2-24 and BWS2EN-1 that would certainly help, but I'm still worried that it might not be quite enough.
    I expect that we'll see them getting their orders (most likely, being fired/demoted, knowing how this has been going) from Giovanni in the next episode, with maybe a Matori cameo if we're lucky. Then next episode they'll just be back in Unova, we'll see them get Frillish and Amoonguss, and then Diamond and Pearl: Chapter of N can get going.

Admittedly, I couldn't quite remember the details of their scenes from BW001-005 so I might have been generalizing a little XD A few of their spying scenes getting replaced in favor of moments where they talk about having to pull themselves together or their desperation not to screw things up would have been welcome, in any case. Maybe that's just me though.
    I've been rewatching the earliest episodes, specifically BW001-BW006. There is a scene in BW002 where they cheer themselves on because Giovanni had faith in them, then they go over their supplies and talk about preparing for the mission.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast