Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Well duh.

They need Charizard to truly make it Kanto, not just the humans.
    And the humor and the emotion and the uniqueness. Honestly, if Johto really was as good as Kanto was, then why was I way more interested in Yu-Gi-Oh when Johto was airing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    It was the same with TRio as well before BW started. The fact that people think if all the older characters came back and it would be as good as it was in Kanto is crazy.
    I never said that. And yes, I know their fanbase is small, especially compared to a lot of the characters on the show today.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    I never said that. And yes, I know their fanbase is small, especially compared to a lot of the characters on the show today.
    I was talking about you. And Misty and Brock's fan bases are not small at all.

And the humor and the emotion and the uniqueness. Honestly, if Johto really was as good as Kanto was, then why was I way more interested in Yu-Gi-Oh when Johto was airing?
    I think that was when battle city or maybe waking the dragons was airing. Either way it was the golden age of Yugioh anime.

On topic I hope james' amoongus learns spore. Putting the entire cast to sleep and then stealing Pikachu will allow them to make a quick get away. Then amoongus can just pump the cage full of spores until they arrive at kanto.

I think that was when battle city or maybe waking the dragons was airing. Either way it was the golden age of Yugioh anime.

On topic I hope james' amoongus learns spore. Putting the entire cast to sleep and then stealing Pikachu will allow them to make a quick get away. Then amoongus can just pump the cage full of spores until they arrive at kanto.
    And what are they going to do when they capture Pikachu? Land their balloon in a forest that isn't too far away from Ash to take a break? I always thought they should head straight back to the boss when they get the Pokémon and not take any breaks on their travels so that Ash could find them.

She's talking about kids watching the show today who've never seen anything pre-BW.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    She's talking about kids watching the show today who've never seen anything pre-BW.
    Oh yeah, well obviously they are not popular to them. They don't even know who Misty and Brock are except for those cameos of Brock.

And what are they going to do when they capture Pikachu? Land their balloon in a forest that isn't too far away from Ash to take a break? I always thought they should head straight back to the boss when they get the Pokémon and not take any breaks on their travels so that Ash could find them.
    Well they would fly to Kanto while keeping Pikachu in an airtight cage which amoogus is constantly pumping spores into. Then when Ash and co wake up they would be halfway across the ocean.

Mission sucess.

Well they would fly to Kanto while keeping Pikachu in an airtight cage which amoogus is constantly pumping spores into. Then when Ash and co wake up they would be halfway across the ocean.

Mission sucess.
    I would love for TRio to capture Pikachu and hand him to the Boss before they leave the show but I doubt it.

Sometimes when watching this show, and I haven't seen all of the Kanto episodes so don't laugh, I wonder why they are after that pikachu anyway when they are never going to have him?
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Sometimes when watching this show, and I haven't seen all of the Kanto episodes so don't laugh, I wonder why they are after that pikachu anyway when they are never going to have him?
    Because Pikachu beat them in the second episode and since TRio think so highly of themselves, they think that Pikachu must be rare if he was able to beat them. And they keep chasing after Pikachu because TRio doesn't know that they will never catch him.

Because Pikachu beat them in the second episode and since TRio think so highly of themselves, they think that Pikachu must be rare if he was able to beat them. And they keep chasing after Pikachu because TRio doesn't know that they will never catch him.
    .... and I see that's pretty much that makes them... them in a big way. But then again, it wasn't only pikachu who had beat the trio.
    岩根雅明=♡

.... and I see that's pretty much that makes them... them in a big way. But then again, it wasn't only pikachu who had beat the trio.
    They don't always go after Pikachu though. They consider Pikachu the most powerful Pokémon that Ash and his friends have but they would go after any Pokémon.

By that logic pretty much any pokemon in the world would fit that definition.

I'm also starting to think that it's the fact that pikachu can beat practically everyone in these episodes.

They don't always go after Pikachu though. They consider Pikachu the most powerful Pokémon that Ash and his friends have but they would go after any Pokémon.
    Oh okay, that's true. I wish I followed the anime more on some parts but yeah, I do have to say that it would kinda be a drag if the trio left. I mean, they were good comic relief in some episodes but they were also great villains in alot.
    岩根雅明=♡

Their fanbases are smaller than for a lot of other main characters on the show nowadays.

By that logic pretty much any pokemon in the world would fit that definition.
    Yeah, that's true. I guess they are always after Ash though because it's plot convenience for the writers.

Oh okay, that's true. I wish I followed the anime more on some parts but yeah, I do have to say that it would kinda be a drag if the trio left. I mean, they were good comic relief in some episodes but they were also great villains in alot.
    I felt the show dragged when they were trying to make TRio "comic relief."

Their fanbases are smaller than for a lot of other main characters on the show nowadays.
    How do you know this? Misty and Brock were very popular in Kanto. If we are judging each character based on their first seasons, Misty and Brock are 2 of the most popular characters the show has had. Way more popular than Tracey, Max, and maybe even Iris.

I'm also starting to think that it's the fact that pikachu can beat practically everyone in these episodes.

TRio isn't even in every episode. They don't know how well Pikachu has been doing in Unova.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 28th January 2013 at 6:54 AM.

How do you know this? Misty and Brock were very popular in Kanto. If we are judging each character based on their first seasons, Misty and Brock are 2 of the most popular characters the show has had. Way more popular than Tracey, Max, and maybe even Iris.
    ...I know this due to having been involved in the fandom since nearly its inception. Yes, they were popular back in Kanto. Keywords being: back in Kanto. They retained popularity for some time after that, of course, but I think people's interest in them (and the show itself) waned during Johto.

And yes, Tracey and Max are obviously less popular than those two. Iris is a bit more debatable. She's not as popular as May and Dawn, but she probably has a slightly larger fanbase than Misty at the moment since the show is still airing.

Well I'm sure Ash also had a large fanbase back in the day too.

And Pikachu

And maybe even Ritchie who did not deserve to win the way he did. He should have forfeited knowing his opponent was at a clear disadvantage or at least postponed the fight. he was even more opportunistic than Cameron in his win.

Team Rocket should invest in a anti Unfezant balloon. It's gonna get boring if all TR is good for is giving unfezant free wins.

...I know this due to having been involved in the fandom since nearly its inception. Yes, they were popular back in Kanto. Keywords being: back in Kanto. They retained popularity for some time after that, of course, but I think people's interest in them (and the show itself) waned during Johto.

And yes, Tracey and Max are obviously less popular than those two. Iris is a bit more debatable. She's not as popular as May and Dawn, but she probably has a slightly larger fanbase than Misty at the moment since the show is still airing.
    But you can't speak for everyone in the fandom. The internet represents a small percentage of the Pokemon fan base. Unless you were to go survey everyone in the world who watched Pokémon, you can't make a fair statement like that. And that's an unfair comparison. We should base it on their original seasons. Misty and Brock were with Ash for a long time. We don't know how people would feel about Iris, Cilan, May, Dawn, Max and Tracey if they stayed for as long as Misty and Brock. And are you kidding me? From what I have seen on these forums, Iris is by far the most hated on female in the show.

Well I'm sure Ash also had a large fanbase back in the day too.

And Pikachu
    Ash and Pikachu are probably still very popular among the young kids. I know a lot of older fans are sick of him losing but the kids are the target demographic.

But you can't speak for everyone in the fandom. The internet represents a small percentage of the Pokemon fan base. Unless you were to go survey everyone in the world who watched Pokémon, you can't make a fair statement like that. And that's an unfair comparison. We should base it on their original seasons. Misty and Brock were with Ash for a long time. We don't know how people would feel about Iris, Cilan, May, Dawn, Max and Tracey if they stayed for as long as Misty and Brock. And are you kidding me? From what I have seen on these forums, Iris is by far the most hated on female in the show.
    Wow. Okay, calm down, dude. Why base their numbers of fans on the original seasons when it's moot at this point?

As for Iris, I actually haven't seen as much hate for her now but she's not overwhelmingly popular either.

Wow. Okay, calm down, dude. Why base their numbers of fans on the original seasons when it's moot at this point?

As for Iris, I actually haven't seen as much hate for her now but she's not overwhelmingly popular either.
    Because the original season is more of a fair comparison. And don't tell me to calm down. I am stating what I think. If you can't deal with that on the forums, don't post. You do know the purpose of a debate right?

And you should see Bulbagarden. There is a forum where almost every post bashed her.

Because the original season is more of a fair comparison. And don't tell me to calm down. I am stating what I think. If you can't deal with that on the forums, don't post. You do know the purpose of a debate right?

And you should see Bulbagarden. There is a forum where almost every post bashed her.
    Darn it, Ninja'd

The only accurate test is for all of them to accompany Ash to gen 6. Have a group of.....10 or something and then be like one big road trip.

I hope TR doesn't evolve anything because I couldn't stand it if they had actual good pokemon (amoongus constantly getting beaten was bad enough) and still gets OHKod by unfezant like it was nothing.

The TR vs Tp won't be retconned into the storyline anytime soon. The only ways to show the episodes now is through a flashback from White Team Plasma or if they release as "Best Wishes Season 1" episodes.

@Agent Pierce, @Pokemaniac24 and other serious TR lovers, as @The Great Butler predicted, Team Rocket are really returning to being funny. And if you are still consider being serious, they are doing the magic word the first time in DP191, that could represents the eeling of you when you're connected on the forums:

-Team Rocket has said "Ya na kanji" (This feels bad) in the manga scan.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    The TR vs Tp won't be retconned into the storyline anytime soon. The only ways to show the episodes now is through a flashback from White Team Plasma or if they release as "Best Wishes Season 1" episodes.
    And you know this how? You don't work on the show and stop acting like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    @Agent Pierce, @Pokemaniac24 and other serious TR lovers, as @The Great Butler predicted, Team Rocket are really returning to being funny. And if you are still consider being serious, they are doing the magic word the first time in DP191, that could represents the eeling of you when you're connected on the forums:

-Team Rocket has said "Ya na kanji" (This feels bad) in the manga scan.
    It doesn't matter if they blast off, it doesn't matter if they have the balloon, it doesn't matter if they say, "This is bad" or "We're blasting off again!" If they have serious personalities, then they are serious. They were serious when BW started, when BW2 started, when BW2EN started and they will stay serious until Gen 5 ends.

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast