Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1611

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3926221.jpg

    Look in the corner.

    Oh boy, this one's back.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3926221.jpg

    Look in the corner.

    Oh boy, this one's back.
    This is why I really hope this is their last saga.

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Oh boy, this one's back.
    The disguises? What do you mean back? It happened in N's debut episode too, not to mention the Elgyem episode, fishing episode, and Movie 14.

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3926221.jpg

    Look in the corner.

    Oh boy, this one's back.
    They're already confirmed to blast off in the Ampharos episode. Don't be surprised if it happens everytime we see them now. I can see TR trying to take Charmander only for Charizard to appear and send them flying.

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,520

    Default

    And so it commences. It seems like every little quirk that Team Rocket had is returning in full force in Episode N; first it was their personalities, then their hot air balloon, then their mechas and now it's their numerous disguises. What's next, pit fall traps? I for one cannot stand how their characters have been handled the past two years. Whoever decided that changing their characters at the beginning of BW and then changing them back in Episode N with absolutely no explanation needs to be fired. It was a bad decision the likes of which I have never in my life seen before.

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    first it was their personalities
    Except that their personalities are still serious. That's the one thing about them in BW that has stayed consistent.

    I for one cannot stand how their characters have been handled the past two years.
    So why are you so upset about them reverting to their old ways before those 2 years? Isn't that what you want?

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    And so it commences. It seems like every little quirk that Team Rocket had is returning in full force in Episode N; first it was their personalities, then their hot air balloon, then their mechas and now it's their numerous disguises. What's next, pit fall traps? I for one cannot stand how their characters have been handled the past two years. Whoever decided that changing their characters at the beginning of BW and then changing them back in Episode N with absolutely no explanation needs to be fired. It was a bad decision the likes of which I have never in my life seen before.
    Whether or not you thought their change in the first episode of BW made sense, the writers still put them in right direction. What they are doing with them now isn't nearly as good as what they did with them in BW/BW2 in my opinion.

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    The change to make them serious probably looked good on paper, but it's just not who they are.

    I personally thought they were extremely boring with their serious personality so I've enjoyed seeing them go back to the way they were.

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    The change to make them serious probably looked good on paper, but it's just not who they are.

    I personally thought they were extremely boring with their serious personality so I've enjoyed seeing them go back to the way they were.
    Then we're going to have to disagree on that. Because I still believe a lot of what made TRio so endearing over the years was still shown in BW/BW2. Nothing about them was boring at all to me.

  10. #1060
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    The change to make them serious probably looked good on paper, but it's just not who they are.
    Don't give me that "on paper" BS, you just hate the idea because you don't like the idea of characters in this anime changing at all.

    I personally thought they were extremely boring with their serious personality so I've enjoyed seeing them go back to the way they were.
    Right, because knowing exactly what they're going to do in each episode and how it'll end up isn't boring at all. -_-

  11. #1061
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    I like it when characters I love have a purpose. Before BW started, TR didn't have a purpose since Johto.

  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Don't give me that "on paper" BS, you just hate the idea because you don't like the idea of characters in this anime changing at all.



    Right, because knowing exactly what they're going to do in each episode and how it'll end up isn't boring at all. -_-
    Changing for the the worse? Then yes. But I like the way they're currently being portrayed too. It's a mix of being serious but still blasting off.

  13. #1063
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Changing for the the worse? Then yes. But I like the way they're currently being portrayed too. It's a mix of being serious but still blasting off.
    I don't know how you could think having a purpose in the show is changing for the worse.

  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    The disguises? What do you mean back? It happened in N's debut episode too, not to mention the Elgyem episode, fishing episode, and Movie 14.
    What I mean is, that image sure looks like the return of the "Ash falls for a thin disguise and hands over Pikachu willingly" nonsense. I think I've even seen those exact disguises before.

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    The change to make them serious probably looked good on paper, but it's just not who they are.
    Except it's who they were until Pikachu screwed them up.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  15. #1065
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I don't know how you could think having a purpose in the show is changing for the worse.
    What's the purpose in still failing all their missions on top of being boring?

  16. #1066
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    What's the purpose in still failing all their missions on top of being boring?
    Oh, I don't know. Being a threat, not being there to be jokes, not being plot devices, having actual missions that move TR forward, having the other members of the organization play a role, not being repetitive in their missions, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

    And if you find them boring, fine but this is the most entertaining I have seen them in years.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 9th February 2013 at 6:24 AM.

  17. #1067
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    But they haven't gotten any closer to capturing pikachu now in serious mode as they did in silly mode. I can't take failures who can't do anything right as an actual threat.

  18. #1068
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    But they haven't gotten any closer to capturing pikachu now in serious mode as they did in silly mode. I can't take failures who can't do anything right as an actual threat.
    That's true. If they're going to keep going after Pikachu, than at least let them be like they were before when they did it.


    ....and now, her story begins.

  19. #1069

    Default

    Villains will never win in the Pokemon anime so i don't understand why you're acting like TR failing to capture him is unnacceptable.

    The most we've gotten is them at least acting serious during their attempts and it works fine, they seem much more threatening now.

  20. #1070
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57

    Default

    I'm not sure what the hell the writers are doing with TR. I just think they aren't trying or caring anymore.

  21. #1071
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I'm not sure what the hell the writers are doing with TR. I just think they aren't trying or caring anymore.
    I think they have a plan for them up ahead, what with Looker and all. It's just that, instead of building to that point, the writers are currently using them as filler until then.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    But they haven't gotten any closer to capturing pikachu now in serious mode as they did in silly mode. I can't take failures who can't do anything right as an actual threat.
    Failures who can't do anything right? They K-O'd Pikachu; they trapped him in a forcefield box and then poisoned him for good measure, they destroyed Colress' computer.

    They're still competent and still doing things right; it's just that the bringing back of old stuff like blasting off is distracting people from this fact, which is a shame.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 9th February 2013 at 5:29 PM.

  22. #1072
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    I think they have a plan for them up ahead, what with Looker and all. It's just that, instead of building to that point, the writers are currently using them as filler until then.



    Failures who can't do anything right? They K-O'd Pikachu; they trapped him in a forcefield box and then poisoned him for good measure, they destroyed Colress' computer.

    They're still competent and still doing things right; it's just that the bringing back of old stuff like blasting off is distracting people from this fact, which is a shame.
    The writers seem like they are trying to please everyone in regard to the TRio but they can't do that without Shudo.

  23. #1073
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    The writers seem like they are trying to please everyone in regard to the TRio but they can't do that without Shudo.
    Yeah, I think that's the case too. Alot of complaining fans (the TRio's seiyuu foremost among them) want the TRio to regress back to their old ways, while the writers obviously want to keep the TRio serious for all of BW. So a compromise is made, keeping them serious and competent but bringing stuff back like the Meowth balloon, paper-thin disguises, blasting off (complete with the line), and even the original motto. The problem is that, in trying to satisfy everyone, it instead ends up satisfying no-one. Fans of old TR still complain that they don't have "their personalities back", and fans of BW TR don't like these old elements detracting from their seriousness. The writers are very clearly incapable of striking a balance here.

  24. #1074
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Yeah, I think that's the case too. Alot of complaining fans (the TRio's seiyuu foremost among them) want the TRio to regress back to their old ways, while the writers obviously want to keep the TRio serious for all of BW. So a compromise is made, keeping them serious and competent but bringing stuff back like the Meowth balloon, paper-thin disguises, blasting off (complete with the line), and even the original motto. The problem is that, in trying to satisfy everyone, it instead ends up satisfying no-one. Fans of old TR still complain that they don't have "their personalities back", and fans of BW TR don't like these old elements detracting from their seriousness. The writers are very clearly incapable of striking a balance here.
    I suggest the writers go back and watch the Kanto season to get some ideas on how to write TR. I really think this would help.

  25. #1075
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Its interesting in the latest episode, TR say they want to use the control technology to capture Pikachu, then tell Plasma they're going to conquer Unova and use Plasma's data to their advantage. I wonder which is more important to them in their current state of mind Unova or Pikachu?
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •