Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1611

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I think the last time they were good was the Lugia arc.
    Well that was the last regular episode they were in for some time. The only AG appearance they had was a brief 4 minute scene and then they just got 1 Battle Frontier ep after. Then 1 DP ep.

Most of their appearances after Johto were in the specials.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Yeah just don't be suprised if said region just happens to be the same one Ash is in.

Did I strike a nerve when I said that?
    here's a cookie
    Also implying that one episode is not enough to ruin a character=fanboyism.
    Why, yes, yes you did.

By the time DP started the anime was in its 10th season. Of course the original series characters were all going to suffer by then, they had been around for over a decade.

AG came relatively early in the animes lifecycle, we were only in Season 6 when Hoenn started, so the main cast didn't suffer as badly yet. Not to mention we were seeing mature Ash for the first time back then, which was something new.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    By the time DP started the anime was in its 10th season. Of course the original series characters were all going to suffer by then, they had been around for over a decade.

AG came relatively early in the animes lifecycle, we were only in Season 6 when Hoenn started, so the main cast didn't suffer as badly yet. Not to mention we were seeing mature Ash for the first time back then, which was something new.
    Exactly. Especially Brock last saga, and TRio this saga. Talk about destroying older characters.

TRio only because the writers can't decide WHAT to do with them this saga. Serious, serious and funny, funny...yikes.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th February 2013 at 6:34 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Exactly. Especially Brock last saga, and TRio this saga. Talk about destroying older characters.

TRio only because the writers can't decide WHAT to do with them this saga. Serious, serious and funny, funny...yikes.
    Agreed. Brock and TR might have been less interesting in AG than they were in the OS, but they weren't completely destroyed or flanderized characters just yet. It still made sense why they were on the show at the time and could still provide some laughs.

DP made the mistake of keeping them and its when Ash's personality started getting too wooden, which is probably why DP wasn't as enjoyable to some people.

Let's face it. Not many shows go on for 16 seasons. I feel like we have seen almost everything we possibly could get from the TRio at this point. They gave us a lot of laughs, a lot of touching moments but I think it's finally time to take them off the show and focus on the person who is most important to the series. A boy by the name of Ash Ketchum.

Let's face it. Not many shows go on for 16 seasons. I feel like we have seen almost everything we possibly could get from the TRio at this point. They gave us a lot of laughs, a lot of touching moments but I think it's finally time to take them off the show and focus on the person who is most important to the series. A boy by the name of Ash Ketchum.
    Brock and TR should have left at the end of Johto when Misty did, or at the latest when AG ended.

Brock and TR should have left at the end of Johto when Misty did, or at the latest when AG ended.
    Only if they actually used the organization correctly in Johto. In some ways, I am glad they made it to BW because we got more of Giovanni and the organization because of it.

Only if they actually used the organization correctly in Johto. In some ways, I am glad they made it to BW because we got more of Giovanni and the organization because of it.
    Well obviously if they did intend to end them back then they would have given Giovanni an arc at the end of Johto.

Well obviously if they did intend to end them back then they would have given Giovanni an arc at the end of Johto.
    I think Mewtwo Returns would have been a good finale for the TR organization honestly. But yeah, Giovanni is being used a lot in BW and I still don't see why people think that the writers gave Giovanni a role because they like him. They never used him in AG and DP for any missions. TR is obviously leaving at the end of BW.

What they should have done was let TR sucessfully steal something big and get away with it, but not Pikachu. I really wanted them to send that Phione they caught to the boss since it most likely would have been the golden ticket that made their fantasies come to life but then they lost it.

I think Mewtwo Returns would have been a good finale for the TR organization honestly. But yeah, Giovanni is being used a lot in BW and I still don't see why people think that the writers gave Giovanni a role because they like him. They never used him in AG and DP for any missions. TR is obviously leaving at the end of BW.
    The time has really come for TRio, IMO. I think the BW Saga is their finale.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

You better be kidding.

Wow. Japan doesn't care what you think.
    Jeez, I was just joking around to release tension. No need to take my post so seriously. -_-

And besides, Japan doesn't care about what you or other people around here think either. They write the characters by going of what most Japanese people want. If people want funny TR, so be it. If people want serious TR, so be it. If people want a hybrid TR, so be it. We. Have. No. Control!

We simply have to take whatever they bring to us, like it or not. That doesn't mean that we can't dream and wish for something different or for something to stay the same, however.

Last note... don't you or other people want to see a Kanto hybrid again? That's what I'd like to see. I'm aware that it may never happen... but who knows?
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 10th February 2013 at 9:56 AM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Remember, Team Rocket's stans =/= general public in Japan, specially from 16-24 years old. Exactly.

There's two big problems:
    -That Team Rocket aren't really funny yet. Now, his attitude appears to be serious yet. Although I don't think that the serious attiude is going to last much longer, specially with Wobbufet back (who I almost sure that Wobbuffet will be back).

-And there's a second things that somebody are sure of something happening whilw I find almost impossible since last Thursday.
    Well once wobuffet returns we know TR has fully regressed.

What second thing?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Well once wobuffet returns we know TR has fully regressed.
    Not necessarily.

You know, I've been thinking. If they wanted to make TR the way they are in EpN, why didn't they do the same for BW? People are going to notice the change...
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Not necessarily.

You know, I've been thinking. If they wanted to make TR the way they are in EpN, why didn't they do the same for BW? People are going to notice the change...
    Exactly. There's no sense of continuity. Anyway, I really think this it for TRio...

Exactly. There's no sense of continuity. Anyway, I really think this it for TRio...
    But that's a bad why of showing it though. They should have done a mix of serious and funny beforehand.
    岩根雅明=♡

But that's a bad why of showing it though. They should have done a mix of serious and funny beforehand.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. It makes no sense at all to do this so haphazardly and randomly.

Heck, I think they're still all serious except for the "blasting off again!" stuff.

That's exactly what I'm saying. It makes no sense at all to do this so haphazardly and randomly.

Heck, I think they're still all serious except for the "blasting off again!" stuff.
    I which, I am happy the blasting off is back. But they could have also have it to where a few times they blast off and them most of the time they have their jet packs. (you know, I hated the jet packs before but now, I've grown rather fond of them)
    岩根雅明=♡

I which, I am happy the blasting off is back. But they could have also have it to where a few times they blast off and them most of the time they have their jet packs. (you know, I hated the jet packs before but now, I've grown rather fond of them)
    Yeah, it's weird. I am glad they are now somewhat funny, but I'm not buying it right now. They still seem very stiff and serious atm, IMO.

Yeah, it's weird. I am glad they are now somewhat funny, but I'm not buying it right now. They still seem very stiff and serious atm, IMO.
    And very inconstant. I'm starting to think that they did it because they want to kinda shove them in to the background.
    岩根雅明=♡

Meh, jetpacks were just a fancy way of losing most of the time. It doesn't really change the outcome.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Meh, jetpacks were just a fancy way of losing most of the time. It doesn't really change the outcome.
    Yeah, the outcome being: 1) loss, 2) loss, 3) loss, 4) loss, 5) you see where I'm going with this.

And people say the TRio has gotten so much more competent. Yeah, right. All that happened was a shift in personality from being goofballs to being serious, and taking their jobs more seriously. They haven't gotten much better at anything other than stealth from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    That's true, I agree. They still going to retreat, just one way, they are comically forced to lol
    岩根雅明=♡

That's true, I agree. They still going to retreat, just one way, they are comically forced to lol
    Exactly. If they're not any more competent than before, why change them up so much? True, it definitely got boring seeing them lose like idiots, but at least they were funny before and incompetent, so it made sense. Now they lose like idiots, and they're too serious, yet still as incompetent as ever. smh...
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th February 2013 at 6:04 PM.

Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast