Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1611

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

  1. #1251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Exactly. If they're not any more competent than before, why change them up so much? True, it definitely got boring seeing them lose like idiots, but at least they were funny before. Now they lose like idiots, and they're too serious. smh...
    Yeah and they don't have to be flat to be competent. AG Team Rocket kinda proved that. DP tried but they failed. (except for the Galactic eps)
    岩根雅明=♡

  2. #1252
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Yeah and they don't have to be flat to be competent. AG Team Rocket kinda proved that. DP tried but they failed. (except for the Galactic eps)
    Agreed. That's the thing here.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  3. #1253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Agreed. That's the thing here.
    The only changed I'd make to that was that they were a little more into their work instead of just saying 'it's for the boss!11"
    岩根雅明=♡

  4. #1254
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    The only changed I'd make to that was that they were a little more into their work instead of just saying 'it's for the boss!11"
    And they completed random assignments such as collecting data and they captured Meloetta, for what it's worth.

    So I can see where people are getting the idea that they've gotten competent. Oh, and they've proven to be quite clever when they made up that whole plan with Meowth acting all nice with Ash and co. so they could steal their Pokémon.


    ....and now, her story begins.

  5. #1255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    And they completed random assignments such as collecting data and they captured Meloetta, for what it's worth.

    So I can see where people are getting the idea that they've gotten competent. Oh, and they've proven to be quite clever when they made up that whole plan with Meowth acting all nice with Ash and co. so they could steal their Pokémon.
    Oh yeah, that episode was confusing at first and then as it progressed, it became my favorite. That was them at their cleverest.
    岩根雅明=♡

  6. #1256
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    And they completed random assignments such as collecting data and they captured Meloetta, for what it's worth.

    So I can see where people are getting the idea that they've gotten competent. Oh, and they've proven to be quite clever when they made up that whole plan with Meowth acting all nice with Ash and co. so they could steal their Pokémon.
    They have their moments, sure, but since BW2 I've only seen a few instances of competency. XD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Oh yeah, that episode was confusing at first and then as it progressed, it became my favorite. That was them at their cleverest.
    Yeah. I actually found that very clever and well-written. A great episode for the BW TRio.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    But they haven't gotten any closer to capturing pikachu now in serious mode as they did in silly mode. I can't take failures who can't do anything right as an actual threat.
    That's exactly my point here.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th February 2013 at 6:54 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  7. #1257
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    They have their moments, sure, but since BW2 I've only seen a few instances of competency.
    Don't you mean BW2N? Because the only other thing in BW2 they've done is the whole Meloetta ordeal, where they were nothing but competent, even to the point of saving Unova.

    If they're not any more competent than before, why change them up so much? True, it definitely got boring seeing them lose like idiots, but at least they were funny before and incompetent, so it made sense. Now they lose like idiots, and they're too serious, yet still as incompetent as ever.
    1. "At least they were funny" is VERY subjective, as many believe they stopped being funny looooong ago.

    2. Losing does not equate to incompetence. It's how they do things BEFORE they lose that shows competence, and BW TR does things MUCH better than past TR did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Yeah and they don't have to be flat to be competent. AG Team Rocket kinda proved that.
    How so? They were flat AND incompetent in AG, and even moreso in DP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Meh, jetpacks were just a fancy way of losing most of the time. It doesn't really change the outcome.
    No, it didn't change the outcome, but at least the TRio kept their dignity in tact by willingly retreating rather than getting blown up and away.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 10th February 2013 at 7:23 PM.

  8. #1258
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Don't you mean BW2N? Because the only other thing in BW2 they've done is the whole Meloetta ordeal, where they were nothing but competent, even to the point of saving Unova.



    1. "At least they were funny" is VERY subjective, as many believe they stopped being funny looooong ago.

    2. Losing does not equate to incompetence. It's how they do things BEFORE they lose that shows competence, and BW TR does things MUCH better than past TR did.
    1) I mean the beginning of BW2, specifically. Operation Tempest arc is one of my favorites for BW TRio.

    2) True. You're right. I'll give you that it's subjective what was funny or not.

    3) It's still very off-putting and disappointing that the end result is not the same as their actions are prior to said result. It makes me feel like we've gained nothing. *shrugs*

    (Maybe I'm just getting sick of TRio at this point).
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  9. #1259
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    It's still very off-putting and disappointing that the end result is not the same as their actions are prior to said result. It makes me feel like we've gained nothing.
    They've at least had victories when Ash wasn't involved, and even some small ones when they were (stealing fossil ressurection machine data, Chargestone rocks, etc.)

    And Team Aqua/Magma, Galactic, and now Plasma also next to always lose, yet they're still considered competent. Team Rocket being incompetent for years prior to BW shouldn't mean they're not competent in BW just because they still lose. There's no avoiding losing for any evil team; it's how they fight before losing that makes the difference.

    Maybe I'm just getting sick of TRio at this point.
    Then let's hope and pray this truly is their final saga.

  10. #1260
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    They've at least had victories when Ash wasn't involved, and even some small ones when they were (stealing fossil ressurection machine data, Chargestone rocks, etc.)

    And Team Aqua/Magma, Galactic, and now Plasma also next to always lose, yet they're still considered competent. Team Rocket being incompetent for years prior to BW shouldn't mean they're not competent in BW just because they still lose. There's no avoiding losing for any evil team; it's how they fight before losing that makes the difference.



    Then let's hope and pray this truly is their final saga.
    Yeah, that's true. I don't think any of the teams are competent. XD.

    Here's hoping, man. I think they've been used up for all its worth at this point. Sorry if I offended you.

    I really think we have done everything with TRio that is remotely possible at this point. It's really time for a new set of villains to debut.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  11. #1261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post

    How so? They were flat AND incompetent in AG, and even moreso in DP.
    I didn't seem them as being flat. Yeah, I liked how they were more flamboyant in DP but in AG, I think it's just me but it seemed more like they care more about doing things for the boss then than they were in DP. I mean, DP trio was great to me and all but it seemed like they were just.... there. Yeah they tried to capture pikachu a couple of times but still.

    Plus, their AG selves still had some of those favorite quirks while still being a bit serious... and actually *attempting to battle*. (which was something I liked about BW. them actually battling)
    岩根雅明=♡

  12. #1262
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I didn't seem them as being flat. Yeah, I liked how they were more flamboyant in DP but in AG, I think it's just me but it seemed more like they care more about doing things for the boss then than they were in DP. I mean, DP trio was great to me and all but it seemed like they were just.... there. Yeah they tried to capture pikachu a couple of times but still.

    Plus, their AG selves still had some of those favorite quirks while still being a bit serious... and actually *attempting to battle*. (which was something I liked about BW. them actually battling)
    AG TRio was beyond hilarious in Seasons 6 and 7. 8 and 9, not so much.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  13. #1263
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    AG TRio was beyond hilarious in Seasons 6 and 7. 8 and 9, not so much.
    They actually were funny at times in Season 6, but Season 7? As far as I'm concerned, the moment Jessie picked up Contests was the beginning of their downfall.

    If anything, I'd say some rare, actually funny moments with them came more in Season 9 than in Season 7.

  14. #1264
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    They actually were funny at times in Season 6, but Season 7? As far as I'm concerned, the moment Jessie picked up Contests was the beginning of their downfall.

    If anything, I'd say some rare, actually funny moments with them came more in Season 9 than in Season 7.
    Season 7 had some good ones, actually. Like, "The Bicker the Better," and "That's Just Swellow!" Jessie entering contests was a disaster in the making, though, I agree there.

    I don't remember anything funny about them in Season 9, other than the "King and Queen for a Day" episode.

    The "I'd rather die!" thing James did was funny too. Yeah, that's about all I think was funny from BF.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th February 2013 at 8:55 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  15. #1265
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    To be fair to TR, a lot of the humor lost quality after the OS. OS is when the show was the funniest.

  16. #1266
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    They actually were funny at times in Season 6, but Season 7? As far as I'm concerned, the moment Jessie picked up Contests was the beginning of their downfall.

    If anything, I'd say some rare, actually funny moments with them came more in Season 9 than in Season 7.
    Well said. Jessie in contests was truly sad. Just like with Ash and the leagues, you didn't care enough about her to root for her, especially since you knew she'd lose anyway.

    The only thing I disagree with is that last line. They were funnier in seasons 6-8 than 9-13 imo. Not funny, just funnier than BF and DP.
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 10th February 2013 at 9:28 PM.

  17. #1267
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,303

    Default

    AG TR was never funny. What gags they did do were all in johto and carried over to sinnoh.

    OS had some moments.

    BW TR were more cyborgish than anything else.

  18. #1268
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    1) I mean the beginning of BW2, specifically. Operation Tempest arc is one of my favorites for BW TRio.

    2) True. You're right. I'll give you that it's subjective what was funny or not.

    3) It's still very off-putting and disappointing that the end result is not the same as their actions are prior to said result. It makes me feel like we've gained nothing. *shrugs*

    (Maybe I'm just getting sick of TRio at this point).
    The difference is AG Brock and TR are inbetween the two extremes of OS and DP Brock and TR.

    They were both a step down from what they were in the OS, but they weren't completely flanderized like they became in DP. AG was definitely the mid-point for them before they got screwed over.

  19. #1269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    To be fair to TR, a lot of the humor lost quality after the OS. OS is when the show was the funniest.
    I should really watch more OS then :]

    (yeeah, I like funny villains as much as the next guy. Especially when they aren't trying too hard.)
    岩根雅明=♡

  20. #1270
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I should really watch more OS then :]

    (yeeah, I like funny villains as much as the next guy. Especially when they aren't trying too hard.)
    OS Pokémon (especially Kanto and Orange Islands) have some of the funniest moments in Pokémon anime history.

  21. #1271
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The difference is AG Brock and TR are inbetween the two extremes of OS and DP Brock and TR.

    They were both a step down from what they were in the OS, but they weren't completely flanderized like they became in DP. AG was definitely the mid-point for them before they got screwed over.
    Agreed. That's when everything started getting worse for Brock and TRio. Like you said, they weren't completely flanderized until DP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    To be fair to TR, a lot of the humor lost quality after the OS. OS is when the show was the funniest.
    Agreed. Definitely. It was all fresh back then as well.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 11th February 2013 at 12:51 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  22. #1272
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    AG TR was never funny. What gags they did do were all in johto and carried over to sinnoh.

    OS had some moments.

    BW TR were more cyborgish than anything else.
    AG TRio was funny, though:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oICfywLyFDM
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  23. #1273
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57

    Default

    I actually liked boss fantasies in the beginning of AG. Only in DP did I get sick of them.

    You wanna know what REALLY ruined TR for me, but this is only in the dub and not Japan? Their stupid as hell rhyming. It was incredibly annoying and it's why I stopped watching the show.

  24. #1274
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Meh same as yanmega is a girl to me in funny.

  25. #1275
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Serious Team Rocket has more personality then funny Team Rocket. Just like Palpitoad has more personality then Oshawott.

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •