Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1611

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro136 View Post
    People said the banned episodes were canon and guess what? They were made non-canon so it's not impossible to make past events non-canon
    It's not impossible. So what? Zager is still canon and there is no reason to un-canonize him. (oh God is that even a word? xD)

Also blasting off does mean they are funny.
    No, it does not. They're still awfully serious, so they're not funny.

All the funny characters like Butch and Cassidy, Burgundy and the PMC blast off. It's obviously not meant for serious characters
    Burgundy was a funny character before she blasted off for the first time, so it means nothing. PMC are completely irrelevant to this topic and Butch and Cassidy stopped being relevant long time ago so their mention means nothing either. You've got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    It isn't all "in-your-face" but Nyasu was kinda freaked out by N in his debut episode, he also fell asleep counting Mareep, and lastly how got tied up due to the fact he might become hypnotized by Akuroma's machine. So Nyasu is kinda comedic, just not in a very hugely way.
    Even Giovanni and Zager are comedic on occasion. Not intentionally but you know what I mean.

Actually, blasting off doesn't meant they're funny. To some people, it's downright annoying, so it depends on the person watching.

Dr Zager should just be declared non-cannon from now on. Now TR is finally funny again I don't think he serves any purpose. Hope TR stay this way or maybe even become like they were in DP
    Hey I want TR to be funny as much as the next guy but I really liked Zager :[ (Pierce.. I don't care if he goes and they need to do more with Matori) He was the only TR member that was interesting... at least to me.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Why is there even a discussion about whether Zager canon is or not, he obviously is.

And JJM are not back to their old selves. Blasting off =/= funny.
    I'm glad TR got so little screentime this saga. As unbearable as their portrayal in DP was, I couldn't take BW TRio stealing random wild pokemon either. It's actually something when you realize these characters have been unlikeable for somewhere around 400 episodes now.

but let's not forget that they are part of the main cast;
    岩根雅明=♡

The talk about "un-canonizing" Zager made my brain break a little.

No. You can't un-canonize something that has already been aired on the show, for dozens upon dozens of episodes at that. If he never shows up again, that's one thing, but it doesn't make him "non-canon". That's like saying Brock is now non-canon, or Paul, or May, or any other character who has been dropped from the series. It's completely ridiculous.

People said the banned episodes were canon and guess what? They were made non-canon so it's not impossible to make past events non-canon
    Except the "banned" episodes didn't air. The "past events" in them were not shown. Doing the same to all of Zager's aired MANY appearances is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Even Giovanni and Zager are comedic on occasion. Not intentionally but you know what I mean.
    It's what's known as being "Comically Serious", where a character is so serious in a humorously stressful situation that it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    So Nyasu is kinda comedic, just not in a very hugely way.
    Meowth has always been that way in BW though, dating back to the fourth episode where he was forced to paint himself up like an Umbreon.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 17th February 2013 at 1:34 AM.

Point; if you exist on the show; your canon.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Point; if you exist on the show; your canon.
    Obviously. Zager was the main antagonist for a large part of the BW series.

someone awesome was nice enough to link me the "dressed for jess success" episode and i want to say it's now one of my favorite TR episodes. them being relaxed for a change makes me happy. so yes, more episodes like these should happen but i doubt it will happen.
    岩根雅明=♡

someone awesome was nice enough to link me the "dressed for jess success" episode and i want to say it's now one of my favorite TR episodes. them being relaxed for a change makes me happy. so yes, more episodes like these should happen but i doubt it will happen.
    That episode was one of the best illustrations of what was wrong with Jessie in Contests in DP.

Shipper pandering, the outcome helping Jessie cheat to get into the Grand Festival...

Nevermind that, your posts are confusing me. You keep talking about not liking BW Team Rocket, but then you did like them, then you thought they were okay, now you want them to go back to being 'relaxed' again. What is it?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Nevermind that, your posts are confusing me. You keep talking about not liking BW Team Rocket, but then you did like them, then you thought they were okay, now you want them to go back to being 'relaxed' again. What is it?
    Yes, I used to not like BW TR the first time I began to watch them but as I watched the later episodes, they weren't as bad as I made them out to be. I mean there ARE some aspects of Team Rocket in B/W that I liked better than Dp/AG. However they aren't my favorite. I like AG TR the most. And then BW.

When I said "relaxed" I don't mean act like idiots and make them blast off. I mean I'd like to see one episode where Team Rocket isn't doing *any* missions or trying to capture pikachu/treasure/being jealous of team whatever etc.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K;15713154
    When I said "relaxed" I don't mean act like idiots and make them blast off. I mean I'd like to see [I
    one[/I] episode where Team Rocket isn't doing *any* missions or trying to capture pikachu/treasure/being jealous of team whatever etc.
    In other words, not actually doing anything?

Those episodes always end up being the worst ones, when characters in them are just there. This show does not work when it tries to be slice-of-life.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Is that the one where James crossdressed? Because I know I was in awe when he actually won the whole thing and got more appluase than jessie ever did. Sometimes I think TR would be more effective if he was the leader not jessie.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Is that the one where James crossdressed? Because I know I was in awe when he actually won the whole thing and got more appluase than jessie ever did. Sometimes I think TR would be more effective if he was the leader not jessie.
    All that episode proved is that James was a better coordinator in a single episode than Jessie after nearly three series.

Perhaps James should have been the one doing the Contests instead of her?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    All that episode proved is that James was a better coordinator in a single episode than Jessie after nearly three series.
    Because he defeated Dawn's disobeying Mamoswine thanks to his super effective Carnivine?

You do realize Jessie won the other ribbons fairly (except for the last one)?

And she made it to top 4 in the grand festival...

The chosen ones

It doesn't fit his personality. He's more shy and into bottle caps and PokeRinger. Not so much of an attention/fame seeker like Jessie.

And the reason why James won was because of Meowth and his noodle skills and Mamoswine being disobedient.

I haven't seen Episode N in great detail since they haven't been dubbed or subbed yet, so I can't say too much on the way TRio are currently being written.

I really liked having a serious Team Rocket at the start of Best Wishes/season 14. But after two full seasons I'm of the opinion that the two writing styles should be mixed.

-TRio are much more entertaining when they're the comedy of the episode. Jessie and James aren't interesting at all when they speak in a monotone robotic voice.
    -TRio traditions are fun. I want to see them make humorous alterations to their motto, I want to see them blast off, and I want to see them with ridiculous giant robots (or no robots at all. No simple lame robots please :/)
    -Incompetency can add to the humor, but I don't think they should be so useless that they don't add to the plot. Having the ability to infiltrate Plasma bases and stir up serious trouble while blasting off is fine by me!
    -The thing BW did very well - don't let TRio appear in every episode. There are a good number of fillers in BW that are enjoyable purely because they didn't lazily use TRio as a plot device. TRio-focused fillers, or TRio-absent fillers only please!

i thought Everyone happy that Team rocket Blasting of again
    Welcome Gen VI

even i dont i care about him i still think he is badass trainer to

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    It doesn't fit his personality. He's more shy and into bottle caps and PokeRinger. Not so much of an attention/fame seeker like Jessie.
    Except he totally WAS as much of a fame seeker as Jessie in the Original Series. His subsequent wussiness was extreme flanderization.

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    We've had over 600 episodes of that already. WHY should we be happy to have it back after over just 100 episodes of something new?

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    Oh, the problem is (almost) nobody is happy now.

The people who want serious Rocket can't take them too seriously with the "comedic" and overdone blast offs, while the people who want the blast offs can't enjoy Team Rocket because they aren't funny.

So is a lose-lose situation for (almost) everybody.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Except he totally WAS as much of a fame seeker as Jessie in the Original Series. His subsequent wussiness was extreme flanderization.

We've had over 600 episodes of that already. WHY should we be happy to have it back after over just 100 episodes of something new?
    Well you see most of the people who watched those 600 episodes have left the fandom by now. Long time viewers like us are a miniscule part of the vanbase so they need to expose a new generation of kids to the incompetent human rockets that is TRio.

I thought the crowd loved him because he was more charismatic.
    岩根雅明=♡

I watched the Mareep episode and I said that Team Rocket is in funny version but with some differences:

-In DP Team Rocket was funny and it was made almost idiots and they are funny all the time. Now it isn't, and for the major past are more serious but not the level of serious that they are in DP.

-The most funnier memeber of the Team Rocket group was Meowth. Makes sense because Inuko Inuyama's complaints were the bigger ones and remember that Inuyama isn't used to serious character like the other two are.

-When they are blasting opff, they aren't saying something humourous each time. This is like Kanto where they are just saying Team Rocket blasting off again.

-Team Rocket resembles more the TR in the original series. I remembered form Kanto that although TR were funny there it isn't the level of series like DP.

This is the funny version of Team Rocket. But although they are the funny version, they are the serious part of their funny personality.

One note:
    Team Rocket are now having a "mission" like in the BW series more than in the DP series. In the DP series they were catching anything who interfere them if they like catching something at all. In BW now they are having a "serious" mission that they are doing. Except that we have two differences:
    -The mission wasn't directed by Zager or Giovanni like the rest of BW.
    -The main objective of the mission isn't catching legendaries or defeating Team Plasma. Their mission now is catching the Pikachu whose power exceeds the evolutionary level, who is, like no oine surprise, Ash's Pikachu. Notice that now Team Rocket is always intended to capture Pikachu and they are using other pokemon as a method to attract Pikachu.

To surprise to many people, they are having a mission now: what happens is that they are intented to get one Pokemon and not legendary: Ash's Pikachu.

I think that:
    -Wobbuffet will return to the show before July.
    -They are going to be more funnier each time with some exceptions.

But... (yeah, they aren't expected to leave)

-I think that they aren't going to appear in every episode (in Episode N they aren't) until at least mid-2014. Including if they are like the DP shelves. For one reason that could be somehow difficult to understand: if Team Rocket isn't in every episode, OLM don't need to poay them for the roles of main characters that I know that they are expensive. If TR don't appear in 40% of episodes, the writers don't need to pay them. It's the same reason that why there's a lot of stocked animation now, why Snivy isn't Servine yet and isn't expected to be until at least the end, why the Leafgue could be a dissapointment for some fans, why there's any past pokemon in the series, the heavy promotion of Dawn's false return and Episode N, and finally why exist Season 2 (the seasons concept was created because for economical reasons some series need to stop in one place before they are continuing, Pokemon take the concept from there).

And although unrelated, I think that Axew is in the main cast by contract. If there's any contract, Axew has stopped being a mascot pokemon some time ago.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 LastLast