Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1611

Thread: Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Well you see most of the people who watched those 600 episodes have left the fandom by now. Long time viewers like us are a miniscule part of the vanbase so they need to expose a new generation of kids to the incompetent human rockets that is TRio.
    But most of us hated it even as kids during the Johto arc. The reason why Johto's fillers were so repetitive is because of Team Rocket. They went through no development over the entire arc and Arbok/Weezing were so stale and overused they became boring.

Team Rocket's repetitive stealing Pokemon gag was hated in Johto before any of the other gens existed by the original fanbase. It was old back then and it's why so many people stopped watching.

I am wondering something. For the people that think TR won't be leaving this saga, how would you explain Giovanni's increased role?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    But most of us hated it even as kids during the Johto arc. The reason why Johto's fillers were so repetitive is because of Team Rocket. They went through no development over the entire arc and Arbok/Weezing were so stale and overused they became boring.

Team Rocket's repetitive stealing Pokemon gag was hated in Johto before any of the other gens existed by the original fanbase. It was old back then and it's why so many people stopped watching.
    I didn't even make it to Johto.

When Kids' WB promoted The Pokeball Peril with "Someone is leaving Pokemon," the first thing I said was "I hope it's Team Rocket."

Granted in hindsight after AG and DP, they weren't that bad then. But the routine had worn off on me that fast.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I didn't even make it to Johto.

When Kids' WB promoted The Pokeball Peril with "Someone is leaving Pokemon," the first thing I said was "I hope it's Team Rocket."

Granted in hindsight after AG and DP, they weren't that bad then. But the routine had worn off on me that fast.
    Well if this was any other series Team Rocket's antics probably would have ended by Orange Islands or Johto at the latest.

I've actually rewatched the entire Johto saga a few years ago, (yes, I know that may shock some people), and Team Rocket really did just pull the same usual routine in Johto as they did in AG and DP.

When they got an episode about themselves it was good, or in the eps where they teamed up with Ash's group like the first Ursaring filler, and Wobbufett was actually funny in Johto, but most of the time TR were used as the same 5 minute time-wasters in Johto as in AG and DP.

Another problem for me is how stale Arbok/Weezing got in Johto, because they used them to battle in every ep. Probably the reason I actually liked Seviper and Cacnea, those two came across as a fresh change of pace at the time.

Of course they used Arbok and Weezing, since its their signature Pokemon. What you're saying may not be a problem with those Pokemon specifically, rather the frequency of battles in general. Sure TR has been repetitive over the seasons, that can still change. The writers can still choose to find a good balance for the frequency of Team Rocket's plots and battles. For the record though, they still had great dialogue back in Johto and Hoenn, less in DP onward IMO. As long as something funny was said, even if its terrible in the good sort of way, it was enough for me. Give me say, three Johto episodes and I'll quote several witty lines for you guys.
    Last edited by Bluelatios*; 18th February 2013 at 8:23 AM.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    Sure TR has been repetitive over the seasons, that can still change.
    I'm guessing you don't watch Best Wishes them because they actually have changed during the Best Wishes saga.

^ and alot to boot.
    岩根雅明=♡

If when the series goes about BW S2-50 there's any indication of a Team Rocket finale episodes or there's something that we know that need to take the last episodes, Team Rocket will stay on the show.

Also, if there's no indication of a finale of Team Rocket in Kanto, they aren't leaving the show and they are staying in Gen VI.

But remember...

I have doubts that the writers plan a character leaving when they start a series.

If they leave is because the inconsistency of them during the BW series because the writers has given up with Team Rocket.

Also, my opinion (and the Japanese VA's opinion) is that the BW change of characters where too much to the writers to handle. And that caused more problems that the writers thought (or I suspect):
    -Ash's reset could have more negative impact than expected. But I think that Ash and Pikachu are the most popular characters after all like there were always been.
    -I dont think that the writers has an effect on Brock's leaving but I see a negative effect on Dawn's leaving or explain me that cameo last year. And I'm sure that the Japanese fandom thinks that Dawn is more popular than Iris in their sagas, Contests were more interesting to the (not only) feminine audience. And not forget that Piplup >>>>>>>>>>>> Axew and we know how important is merchandise from the show. Or do you think that Ash would have two stage 1 starters now?.

-And Team Rocket. I'm sure that the VA respect the writers. That they aren't complaining on public. But that Team Rocket's VA (specially Meowth) don't like serious Team Rocket and that part of the Japanese audience agress with that. Or how do you expalin the return of Kanto motto, Meowth balloon, blasting off, disguises in Episode N? And this is without taking Wobbuffet back.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 21st February 2013 at 3:46 PM. Reason: A part of this post caused me to have a infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    If there were supposed to leave, why not leave in the Gen IV-V transition who none older pokemon survived for almost 2 years? I doubt it.
    Because they wanted to end TR's story on a high note by giving Giovanni and the TR organization a larger role. In DP, they didn't do this because they already had villains they were working with (Team Galactic and Hunter J).

But that Team Rocket's VA (specially Meowth) don't likeserious Team Rocket and that part of the Japanese audience agress with that.
    But alot of them like serious team rocket. well, from what i read but who am i to judge a whole group?
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I'm guessing you don't watch Best Wishes them because they actually have changed during the Best Wishes saga.
    No, I've seen all of (dubbed) BW so far. I meant in their original personalities, they can change habits without being too extremely different.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    i thought Everyone happy that Team rocket Blasting of again
    I was, but they're still really stiff when trying to be funny, and come off as a mixture of serious and funny atm, IMO.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Well team Rocket are gonna go against team plasma. This will be interesting.
    Your sig was far too tall. Read the rules before you add anything new.

What I would love to see after the Plasma stuff wraps up is a similar Team Rocket arc that wraps them up and uses the Executives.

Of course, we'll probably get 30 Mareep-level fillers instead.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

What I would love to see after the Plasma stuff wraps up is a similar Team Rocket arc that wraps them up and uses the Executives.

I think the writers have something planned. They are ending Episode N early for a reason.

I like to see the executives as well as the next guy lol

did I ever mention that i once thought Archer/Ariana were like... Jessie/James' counterparts?
    岩根雅明=♡

Kyurem supposedly eats people right? Well I think TRio would make a nice meal for the ice dragon.

Kyurem supposedly eats people right? Well I think TRio would make a nice meal for the ice dragon.
    only if ghetsis tells him to XD
    岩根雅明=♡

I'm honestly sure you're not the only one who would like to see TRio get eaten XD

But... I like them XD

(enough for them not to be eaten lol)
    岩根雅明=♡

Even if that does happen I still know TR will not leave. In true anime style they probably will give kyurem indigestion and make him expel them through the applicable area. Or since they are made of tougher stuff than T-1000 they could probably crawl out of kyurem's stomach

I think TR really needs to face justice for all the crimes they have committed.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 20th February 2013 at 2:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    But... I like them XD

(enough for them not to be eaten lol)
    I like them too but I know some of my friends on there wouldn't mind if they got eaten XD

I like them too but I know some of my friends on there wouldn't mind if they got eaten XD
    oh true true XD

or almost got eaten XD
    岩根雅明=♡

I think the writers have something planned. They are ending Episode N early for a reason.
    Its probably because BW will end with another tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Since Ash is using older pokemon now, it'll probably be something using his old Pokes. I think it'll be Ash alone with no friends so the writers can have him used his older pokemon mostly. Iris/Cilan will probably just watch.
    This sounds more like wishful thinking on your part, Cyber.

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162636465 LastLast