Thread: Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade (M15-S)

Default Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade (M15-S)

Meloetta's Sparkling Recital

Meloetta, the phantom Pokemon, begins its recital when the full moon rises over Whispering Stone. The elegant dance and the mysterious song resonates with Pikachu and friends...wait? What? A sudden sandstorm. The Melody Berries, that were producing music, have been blown away! The recital is in danger of finishing too soon. Pikachu, friends! Go find those Melody Berries!.

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

Only saw the pictures, as I might never see this in the English dub, but I really wonder how we can assume that most of the Pokémon were Ash's?

Is it in the anime?
    I love Pokemon Black And White 2 And Pokemon Platinum And Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeace778 View Post
    Is it in the anime?
    It's still part of it, though it's a different part of the same anime. I almost never watch these in action.

Is it me, or do Meloetta's eyes in the anime look different from her Sugimori art? Here they look like Cilan-esque eyes (as in no scleras) but her Sugimori art looks like she has normal eyes.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Saw the pictures and it was adoring. Crustle was a little shocking to see even though it was revealed in that teaser poster I believe. Overall an 8/10.

It's coming to America! I wonder if the song will come through too?
    Last edited by matt0044; 12th February 2013 at 9:32 PM.

Meh, these Pikachu shorts have bored me ever since DP ended. The pokemon themselves just bore me.

The meloetta plot was meh but I guess it was still watchable.

5/10

I watched the Meloetta special on the Pokemon TV app, it was neat. The narrator sounds familiar, I think it's Bianca's voice actress, but I'm not sure.

I enjoyed it, loved the song at the end.

Was able to watch it in action. That was enjoyable, not much here, but still enjoyable. Very nice to see all the Pokémon.

I like how they could sync up the dub song with the Look Look Overhere dance routine well. Not perfect but it fits fairly well.

Am I the only one who lost it when Oshawott was interacting with Psyduck? I have no idea why I laughed so hard at it.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Ooh, I really enjoyed this Pikachu short! Meloetta's songs sounded way clearer this time around.

I thought they'd use the same/similar narration but I'm fine with it. Yeah, the narrator commented on pretty pointless stuff really. :P
    Haha, its nice seeing all those Pokemon all together in the same place, while still keeping their personalities of course.

I like the story, the story is good and Meowth's pretty funny all the way through, along with some other Pokemon. Melody Berries look sparkly-ish...? XD

Its cool seeing Pikachu in a starring role, just like any other short... Wow, Pikachu climbing the flying Drifblim Pokemon ladder is pretty epic. :O
    I'm not sure of the continuity this is done in but its a great way to see Pokemon interact with each other knowing this may never happen.

So yeah, overall pretty cool, its better than I thought it'd be! Yep, especially the ending song and Meloetta's songs.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

words cannot explain how much i loved this short, it twas amazing, and i loved the ending song

100000000000000/10

omg
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Multishipper / I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunset
    ChatanGo | BulbaGarden Forums | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Saw it today, and it was pretty good. Psyduck, Piplup, and Croagunk never fail to make me laugh. I like how they hid all of the pixie legends except Victini in the backgrounds. I found Celebi on the tree and Manaphy in the lake, and the other two were revealed to me in the credits.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

This was a cool short. It nice to see familiar faces in different environments and with the lack of human speech you have to understand through expression and yet you fully understand what is going on.

I finish this post with two words: Pikachu Impressions :P
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

It was alright. The narrator made everything sound really baby-ish though, but still I enjoyed most of it, especially Scraggy and Axew :P Totodile and Bulbasaur were really cool too

Psyduck! I enjoyed this far more than I thought I was going to. There were things though that confused me (but not story-wise!) Of all the pokemon they could've used, why did they choose quite so many of Ash and co.'s old ones? Why did they use the female voice narrator? And the most confusing of all, why were Meowth and Wobuffet acting like that, after the writers have been trying so hard in the past few seasons to make TR appear more of a menacing threat?
    7/10 though. High praise from me indeed!

Do the Robot!

"Pikachu and friends are going to find the berries."

I though they were going to stiff Meloetta and going to wherever Ash is now.

Decided to look this up since Meloetta's one of my favourite legendaries and isn't in any of the main movies... I'd almost say I regret doing so. Felt like this was made for 3 year olds with the childish narration and over-the-top "cuteness" going on. Well, the only part I liked was near the end when Meloetta did her singing, that was fairly nice.

I thought This was a fun Pikachu short. it's nice to see the Pokémon having fun together, seeing Meloetta was nice too. Meowth's infatuation with Meloetta.... was awkward. Scarggy's attempts to cheer Meloetta by sending a leer was weird as well, but I guess it was Scraggy's way to cheer anyone up. Psyduck and Croagunk were like...."Meh, I don't wanna talk.", LOL. Piplup and Oshwott were annoying.

The Pikachu Impressions were funny, I liked how he was imitating the other Pokémon.
    The ending song was nice(and nostalgic too), it reminded me of the time when I watched my First Pikachu short. It's good to see the Pichu brothers again.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This is my last favorite movie out of jirachi and celebi movie I just love meloetta! :3