Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do YOU like Pokémon?

Default Why do YOU like Pokémon?

Title says it all. Created this thread because I'm pretty sure the old one died out.

Anyway, I like Pokémon because of the strategy invlved, the story (which is IMO very good in basically all games), character/Pokémon design, and just on how prettyful the art, landscape and areas of the games/anime/manga are.

NOTE: as side discussion, also include why people would play it, so as this thread can be merged easily with similar threads.

I like these little cute monsters that can even change through time and that can have various attacks to their disposal, I like the strategy, the graphics from the different areas, the harmony between Nature and the people from the games, the freedom that is given the player to build his/her own pokemon team,....

I think before starting to play pokemon I played a similar one with dinossaurs that you also used for fighting against other wild dinossaurs, which I also loved
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 22nd December 2012 at 3:53 PM.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Because they're cute and fun, so I enjoy myself for hours and even when I am not playing any game I'm still thinking on Pokemons. They stole my attention like anyone/anything else did before.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 25th December 2012 at 7:57 PM.

The Pokemon are all sorts of cute,interesting, and awesome critters. They have lots of fun things to in the games and the characters are pretty cool. I don't think we ever had characters people hated to death. The battles are fun and the moves really fascinate me.

It's one of the better JRPGs out there, and has a consistent quality in its games. The environments and combat are polished extraordinarily well.

You should play it if you like well-made JRPGs.

coz its the best. i play t for the adventure of discovering new place. Pokemon does have some really original places and cities that I always surprises me. It's also heavily repayable. and also for that brilliant music.

2 words. So awsome
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

There's so many things to do with them and there's various kinds.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

i like animals! as a kid, ever since i saw those animal-looking creatures i went ballistic, i started watching...i saw kanto and some of johto over and over again, i knew all ep by heart! now, ALOT of years since, i still have some interest in it, just curious what new poks they make, what ash catches, battles, companions ...stuff like that!

It's just a fun concept. Very unique.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Pokemon based on various kinds of animal/myth/objects, great ideas for adventures wither its battleing people,collecting badges and taking on the elite four,catching certain monsters you like,different ways to play besides the orainal concept like PMD and lastly it's fun!

Because the voices tell me to.

Not really, I just think it's a fun concept that uses a lot of imagination. The world it takes place in is also very immersive.

Name: Tacho
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Its the pokemon and the game concept. Its a kind of rpg game that I can play over and over again without feeling bored.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I like Pokemon, because there's many different type of Pokemon to fit many different people. There's cute, cool, calm, elegant, brutal, and mysterious Pokemon. The characters are amazing and as the years go on, it gets better.

Pokemon is a simple and fun experience that appeals both to the casual and competitive communities. It's one of the best JRPGs ever made alongside with having unique critters, great landscapes and a new feel within each region. That's my two cents on why I like the Games/Anime/Manga known as Pocket Monsters.

i like pokemon because it's a RPG that people of all ages can ralk about, and that there are different kinds of pokemon to reflect on people's personalities and preferences. It also gives something to be competetive about, if you aren't usually.

Because I played it since I was a little kid and it's like a childhood memory... Plus Pokemon are cool.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

It's just a lot of fun. Also, there are so many pokemon to choose from, you can play through the games as many times as you want and it will feel like a new and different experience every time (which can't be said about a lot of games).

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    Because I played it since I was a little kid and it's like a childhood memory... Plus Pokemon are cool.
    Exactly what this guy said.

Name: Scorch
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    If you've played the the metal gear solid series you should get this.

Pokemon beating the crap outta each other.

This game, its always been fun to me and after figuring ev training out finally a whole new layer of the game has been added for me! And its great for me to just relax and get away from it all to play and being 17 acting like a little kid sometimes is the most mature thing i can do . all in all not only is there nostalgia with it but theres always a little joy when you get a new pokemon or finish training a poke to level 100 that no other game has. Basically this game has always held a place in my heart and i dont ever see it leaving
    Epic trades for you!

FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

Offering:
    DWF:

Looking for:

Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

What I love about this game is how it can evoke happiness and love when you play. I don't mean to sound corny when I say this , but no other game has been able to do this to me. Sure these pokemon don't exist and are merely programs but a bond is created with them nonetheless throughout the game. I remember how attached I became to my team in a nuzlocke run and was devastated to lose my medicham. When a game can bring out that much emotion , I think it's accomplished something other games can't.
    Gaming is not always about the victory and the conquest of your foes. Enjoy the journey for what it is. It all pays off in the end

My level 100 dream team

[img]http://oi44.*******.com/107s2vk.jpg[/img]

Hey do you like manga? If you do check out my collaboration with orochi of my story Blood Type P . Just click on the link below
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0-Blood-Type-P
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2uhy7m9.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/24fhc3d.gif[/IMG]

Part of my childhood and its pretty fun when I am super bored. I grow attach to the Pokemon I capture and train to become the very best :P
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

When I think about it, I've played Pokemon for more than half my entire life. I remember them mailing the VHS introduction of the anime, and I got into the show until the end of the Johto seasons. The games, however.... from Pokemon Red to Pokemon Black 2... and I may never stop playing this game no matter how many new generations they come up with.

Becuase i like the battles the whole rpg journey thing!

THE DANCE OF YOUR LIFE #TEAMVAGETA

Signature edited due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

6th Gen Future Partner^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast