Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do YOU like Pokémon?

Well my brother used to play but not hardcorely during the, let me see, early Ruby days? I would borrow his Jigglypuff figurine and he would teach me moves etc. Then my brother grew up and went to college. He kinda despises my obsession with Pokemon and does't get the point of the whole competitive and breeding aspect of the game. Oh well
        Spoiler:- Credits :

We cut the legs off of our pants
    Threw our shoes into the ocean
    Sit back and wave through the daylight
    Sit back and wave through the daylight

I like it since the designs are quite simple compared to someothers (like yu gi oh) and because of the game play in the rogs and such. The story lines generally are quite thoughtful such as BW or PMD which adds a nice twist to it all.

I'm not really sure why I like it, maybe it's the adorable monsters battling each other, maybe the general "follow your dreams and be happy" message it subtly gives that kept me going through bullying etc. but something about it just keeps me coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

I just love the satisfaction of finding a shiny, raising a Pokémon to Lv. 100, defeating the champion, finding somebody to trade with on the GTS who doesn't want an impossible Pokémon to trade for (eg. Zekrom Lv. 9 and under, they just don't exist!!!), etc.
    But what I love most is the story line (especially the twist at the end of B/W) and the region in which all of this happens.

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

I have no idea, to be honest. It's just grind grind grind and a decent story, probably not worth the time. But damn I love it will all my heart.
    "Because if you didn't believe in evolution, you were a shitty pokemon trainer!"
    Rollie Williams

The game and anime and everything is just so much more thought out than with Yu-Gi-Oh! or whatever, that and the pokemon are a lot easier to connect with and believe in. I don't know about you guys but when I get sucked in to my old Emerald or Red and Blue I start getting amped up when I win a battle and I practically scream when my Mudkip or Charmander (or Sandslash xD) evolves. It just makes you happy when you play or even when you watch. THAT is why I like pokemon. Sorry to get so deep LOL.

I started playing Pokémon Yellow when I was 4/5. I still play it because of the nostalgia feeling, and I collect shiny pokémon which is awesome. :3

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

I kinda like the way that it's way more customizable than other RPG'S, since you can choose from hundreds to make a team, while in other games there isn't normally that much choice. Also like above, how you get kinda attached to your team. I remember when I lost my starter in my White nuzlocke...

My fave Pokemon ^.^

Don't click this. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Codeepfly View Post
    What I love about this game is how it can evoke happiness and love when you play. I don't mean to sound corny when I say this , but no other game has been able to do this to me. Sure these pokemon don't exist and are merely programs but a bond is created with them nonetheless throughout the game. I remember how attached I became to my team in a nuzlocke run and was devastated to lose my medicham. When a game can bring out that much emotion , I think it's accomplished something other games can't.
    Exactly. Pokemon for me has been apart of my life since I could walk and talk. I remember wishing I could have an adventure like Ash, going on great Journeys with my own crew of Pokemon beating Gyms, living life to the fullest and knowing that their are close friendes always close by me and will always have my back.
        Spoiler:- Don't read...:

My Pokemon are my Nakama... I'll be by their side just like they have been for me...

i like pokemon because it doesnt get old like shooter games, its a multiplayer game and it gives you creativity.

i invented amnag cards and it swept through my school. it was just cards like pokemon

They are cute and funny and the story and whole plot of it is just fascinating to me. I just have a soft spot for them..Being a girl who would rather watch Pokemon than play with Barbies, I was not really accepted into the fandom when I was in Elementry school until I was in High School..... As i've gotten older i've appreciated the couples/ships and friendships in the series even more....all in all i just love everything about it...nothing about it I hate...Everything about it is just amazing..it's made me laugh and cry..i just love it..my heart is pokemon..and always will be.

I've asked myself that question on numerous occasions. I'd have to say the main reason is that the sheer amount of replayability in any given Gen keeps me coming back to the games. You basically have hundreds of character classes to choose from, with the ability to customize each individual one (at least to some degree). This alone makes the game worth playing a few times, just to see if you can come up with a better team with a better move pool.

Why on Earth they haven't made an official D20 game yet is beyond me though (seriously, the possibilities are endless).
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

I like Pokemon because there are cool designs and it is very fun

I love the battles and the storylines.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

cuz ive been playing it ever sence i can remember.
    and its just a flat out fun game.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

The thing I love the most about Pokémon is he variety of creatures you can find. In fact, I have all Pokémon (except event-only) in every game of mine, because I love how it feels to complete the Pokédex
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

I love pokemon because i spent my childhood with them. It started out in first grade when I was watching my best friend, Kyle, playing pokemon on his gameboy. I tried it, and it was the best thing I had ever played. That summer, i watched the anime every chance i got, and stocked up on pokemon cards. I got a gameboy that Christmas with pokemon silver version, and I played it all the time. I appreciate all of my pokemon from every game, and made a mistake using an action replay on diamond; i had to erase my file. Pokemon are and will always will be my best friends, and after all these years, I've been striving to be the very best, like no one ever was.
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Pokémon has been in my life for at least 11 years. So a lot of fond memories with it. And i just love the concept of it. It may have its ups and downs but thats what makes it great :3 and i enjoy being able to interact with other players over wifi like we can
    3DS FC: 5086-1034-2659
    PM me if you want to add me.

Current obsession: Pokemon X

The feeling is what got to me as a child. Starting as a boy, in a small city. You get your Pokémon, and go ahead, discovering the good and bad of the world, only you and your partners. You become stronger, with your Pokémon friends. You choose your team, from the wide variety of Pokémon at your disposal, and win with them by your side. And, just like that, you see te entirety of the world, you face it's hardships and become a master. That feeling of progression. The feeling that you get of "growing up", alongside your Pokémon. Overall, the feeling of the games is what makes them so magical to me. From a young boy with little understanding about the world and Pokémon to a Pokémon master, that journey is forever engraved in my memory.
    While I was typing this, I realized that the reasons why I like Pokémon are pretty similar to the reasons of why I like Earthbound. Go figure...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

rpg, pokemon is the best rpg ever.
    my b/w 2 team:
    black 2:

white 2 :

The adventure, the story, the music, the pokemon, the characters. All these together make for one heck of a game.

I don't know where to start. The Pokémon world is my happy place.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

Well I got into pokemon from the blue version here in europe, have owned every game (rpg) since, watched the anime.... basicly I grew up with it.

Besides that, I find the world and stories facinating. The fact of going on an adventure, discovering new lands and creatures, the myths surrounding the legendary pokemon.
    Dunno, I like the charm it all has, game and anime alike.
    "Pikachu!!" -pikachu-

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

I play for the adventuring aspect.

Been there since the start and the games are still fun, I don't think I'll be dropping out anytime soon despite being in my early 20s.

It's a cool and creative concept, the designs are great and imaginative. The best part though is the battle system was tight and slick and still is. I haven't been able to pick up any other typical RPGs like Final Fantasy.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast