Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do YOU like Pokémon?

The mechanics, competitive area and more importantly the myths, fan theories and the history of the pokmon world
    Basically i play each gen in order to complete a new story and see more content in terms of pokemon history.
    ミュウツー

I don't know exactly what attracted me to pokemon. I started watching the anime and I loved it within 5 minutes. As for the games, the first game I got was Pokemon Yellow, just because Pikachu was the mascot (I just loved Pikachu) and slowly fell in love with the games from that point on.

I did have people make fun of me (The anime came out when I was in high school, bought my first game as an adult) but for the first time in my life, I didn't care what other people thought.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    I did have people make fun of me (The anime came out when I was in high school, bought my first game as an adult) but for the first time in my life, I didn't care what other people thought.
    Yeah same here, At school people were allway looking at me in a weird way whenever I was playing on my gba or on my ds. But I didn't care. I knew better. And now at work... well, I plain just don't care :P
    "Pikachu!!" -pikachu-

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

I have enjoyed the Games and Anime for quite a while now, and I just like the collectability of the Pokemon. I also have a thing for battles, but not competitive.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

I love Pokemon for the adventure and Mythos in the games. I love the idea of going on an adventure, seeing new places, discovering new creatures, and facing new challenges with the Pokemon you befriend. I also love learning about the various legends of the region, and how they incorporate the deity-like legendary Pokemon into them.

Overall, it's just a whole lot of fun and the fact that I grew up with it just makes me love it even more
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

I have liked pokemon since i was two years old, i am now fourteen. it started when my brother who was six at the time was stuck on the seafoam islands on pokemon red and he handed the game to me. i could (belive it or not) read around 90% at the time. I tried teleporting with his kadabra but it failed being a cave. by dumb luck i fell though the right boulder leading to articuno. when i saw my brother happy face when he saw i got to it, it inspired me to play pokemon. I was waking up as early as six to watch pokemon after this happened. now i am a pokemon encylcopedia and there not one day when i don't think about pokemon. i have brought pokemon games from game boy colour to nintendo 3ds and I have never been disappointed in it and hopefully never will be

Pokémon is simply amazing. The whole concept, the RPG aspect is perfectly balanced and it's all beautifully done. Been with Pokémon since 1999 and haven't stopped loving it since.

Going back to 99 when I was 10, first RPG I played, first anime I saw, first video game I owned... you know how it is with 'first' stuff, just alot of feels there. Before Pokemon came along the biggest thing around was Power Rangers. But it had dragged on for so long everyone was ready for something new. And Pokemon really was something new! But the biggest reason I like Pokemon would have to come from an artistic point of view, the artwork, the designs (not anime specifically). I would draw them all the time. That's what I really liked.

Because it make me feel happy! And.. this the first video game i ever played.
    Visit another Pokemon Forum @ http://pokedawn.cu.cc/
    ''An awesome Pokemon Fans Site''

Looking for staff member, maybe you can be one tomorrow.

Come on. Any game that features leaving the house at ten to forcefully capture and enslave monsters to fight against each other in ruthless and intense battles is my kind of game!
    Nah, but seriously. I'm not sure what really caught my eye as a child to become completely in love with Pokemon (Let my say I was really REALLY obsessed as a kid). Perhaps it was the Pokemon themselves. I'm a huge fan of the giant monster franchise (Particularly Godzilla), and I've always thought that monsters and creatures were just cool. Besides, I want to be a Killer Whale trainer when I'm old enough. Training is in my BLOOD.

I love Pokemon, SON.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

because I just happen to like it. why do I need a reason to like it?

I like it because [almost] all the Pokemon are very creative little creatures, and I like that they have such varied personalities. I like that the Pokemon battles are like boxing, except now that The Legend of Korra has come out it reminds me more of the Pro-bending in that... xD

I like Pokemon because of competitive battling. Originally I liked it because it was fun and going on an adventure, catching, training, and battling with fictional creatures. But now, Pokemon is all about competitive battling.

I like the notion of a different world with many wonderful creatures I get to interact and form bonds with.

The feel of going through the League again. It's pretty unique, no other game has anything like it.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

I love Pokemon because I find it to be addicting. You really get hooked by the games - sometimes you just can't put the game down or turn it off. I like that you can use the same plot without it getting boring or trite. I want

The Pokemon are cute. The types are interesting as well, and the moves are too. And naturally since I'm an animal lover, I love seeing animals in a fantasy setting. I also like that you can befriend any Pokemon you want - even if they are ugly or unpopular.

The humans look awesome too. I love their hairstyles and costumes. I especially love the great variety of characters.

And there is a lot of fanfiction potential due to the gigantic cast. You have a lot of characters to work with.

I just really enjoy the games. The replay value is outstanding. Sure the story doesnt change but the use of different mons can change things up quite a bit. I plan to play them as long as I find them entertaining.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Well why is the sky blue? Oh wait there is a definite answer for that, right....lol. Just learned it in physics recently...I mean I probably had been told it a ton before that, but I never cared to remember it until I learned it in class.

But anyway, back to the topic, I don't really know except for how its so addicting and awesome...maybe because of how involved and fun it is. For one thing I love "bonding" with my pokemon team and training them and stuff...and battles are so, like cool. A lot of people think pokemon is immature and a young child's game, but it really does involve a lot of thought and strategy and effort (of course the effort you need to put in to get the most out of the game could be in some's opinion a reason to disapprove of it, but let's not get into that, eh? ). And that could be said before you even get into EV training and IV checking your pokemon! Of course that is just in regards to the video games. I love the anime too, well not so much the BW seasons, but the johto and hoenn seasons were awesome! Why? maybe because I just love fantasy...and love how the anime makes the battling of the video games so much better, in ways that of course would be impossible to put in video games since pokemon is not real.

So...yeah. I could say a lot more, but I don't really feel like it, and I'm sure you don't want to hear like 5 long paragraphs from me (whether or not you can actually "hear" a paragraph :P) so yeah! POKEMON FOR EVER! Hey, and btw I just realized that could be like the forum's slogan (or second slogan) or something since that movie (pokemon 4ever) stars celebii! Yeah! That's pretty cool and funny, actually...
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Pokemon is too addicting, nuff said

Pokemon is simply my childhood, the games and the anime had been a big part of it.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

The fact that it is a fairly simple game on one level, however can be played much deeper than at the same time. As a little kid I always enjoyed playing the game boy games and really had no idea what I was doing other than walking around and seeing cool looking monsters. Once I learned the strategies involved and the competitive side of battling that opened things up even more. Now I enjoy casually playing on the ds and collecting pokemon and then playing on simulators competively.

GodDamnZilla

Pokemon just combines a number of things that I enjoy.

First, there's an element of RPG to it, at least insofar as you play a character who goes out into a world and does stuff. There's an overarching story, and key events have to be completed in a particular order, since the next section of the game doesn't open up until a particular thing is completed in the previous section, but beyond that, you're free to pretty much wander as you please.

Second, there's the collecting element to it. Even outside of games, I'm a compulsive collector and always have been, so that fits perfectly. I feel pleasure when I set my sights on obtaining a particular thing, then invest the time and effort necessary to do so, then do. That's immensely satisfying to me.

Third, I love analysis, and particularly strategic analysis. Alongside RPGs, I've long played strategy games, and Pokemon, played seriously, actually involves a great deal of strategy that benefits from keen analysis. With 600+ pokemon spread over 17 types, there's a dizzying range of things you might end up facing and thus have to be prepared for, and with only six pokemon in a party with only four moves each, it takes careful planning to get a combination that can handle anything and everything.

And conceptually, part of what I like about Pokemon is that it allows me all those things, but at the same time, someone who doesn't value those things can still play it. Anyone who wants to just bull through a game, fighting and defeating opponents and becoming ever stronger with never a thought for complex strategy can do that too. The sort of strategizing that I enjoy is only really necessary or rewarding if you play the games as I do - with lots of often very underleveled pokemon rotating through a party. I have to be very aware of type matchups and optimum stats and movesets because I'm generally at least a few, and often as many as 10 levels behind the in-game opponents. But since I am aware of type matchups and do pay careful attention to stats and movesets, I can succeed with that. If one ignores all of that strategizing though and just relies on brute force instead, that works too. It's rewarding played multiple ways, and that's rare for a game franchise.

It's just struck a chord with me since the start - they are just the perfect games for me, I enjoy other games too, but I haven't found a game that I can just play and play like I can Pokémon in years. The charm, innocence, involvement, and character of the games are second to none in my opinion
    3DS FC 2165-6429-4026 Spheal, Bergmite, Lapras

Shiny crew:

Can't wait to transfer you all up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123