Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever nickname Pokemon after other fictional characters?

Default Ever nickname Pokemon after other fictional characters?

I have. It is a tradition for me to pick the Water starter in honor of Misty, and I have nicknamed each starter after another fictional character (that's the same animal as the Pokemon) or in one case, a television personality.

Diamond - Piplup nicknamed Mumble (after the main character of Happy Feet)
    Platinum - Piplup nicknamed Mumble II
    Heart Gold - Totodile nicknamed Irwin (after the late Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter)
    Black - Oshawott nicknamed Tarka (after Tarka the Otter from the book of the same name)

Share any fictional character names you have used for Pokemon that are the same animal as the namesake character.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I'm naming my Pokemon after A Song of Ice and Fire characters on my next HeartGold playthrough.

Eddard, Rhaegar, Barristan, Aerys, Jon, Mance, etc.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I did!! I named my

Leafeon - Kurama
    Starmie - Shuichi
    Shiny Ninetales - YokoKurama

That's pretty much the basis of all the nicknames I give to my Pokemon.

I don't name them after characters from any series in particular, though. I also tend to name them after characters they have qualities in common with, whether it be their fighting style or appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Diamond - Piplup nicknamed Mumble (after the main character of Happy Feet)
    Why did I never think of this?! Genius!

I once considered naming a team after characters from the Eragon series. Kingdra would have been Saphira, Charizard would have been Thorn, etc.

I've also named a Pokemon Irwin, but it was a Sandile that I caught on Black. Can't think of any others at the moment.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Too many to count: the S.O.J. (sans Keldeo... bloody OT) after the Three Musketeers, Gengar = Slimer, Darmanitan = Aku, Tyranitar = Godzilla etc, etc, etc...
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I'm not big on giving my pokemon nicknames, but I remember naming my Charizard in Fire Red Vulcan (the roman god of fire).
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/11i1u8j.png[/IMG]

Credit to Mew_ for the banner and pokemon player for the Growlithe Lickies.

I watch Anime a lot.I do love nicknaming my Pokemons after anime characters.^ ^;
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

I don't usually nickname my Pokemon since I eventually dislike their nickname and wish to have their regular name back. I also have a weak imagination and in this case I can't think of a fictional character relating to them. Instead I'll post what I would nickname my party after.

Samurott - No clue
    Emolga- Rocky (My friend told me about a cartoon with a squirrel named Rocky in it)
    Arcanine - Blaze (Blaze the Cat from Sonic the Hedgehog. The ironic thing is Arcanine is a dog XD)
    Sigilyph - Solaris (Final boss of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006)
    Zoroark - Link (I remember from watching my brother play Twilight Princess, Link turns into a wolf)
    Lucario - Aaron (The character in the movie Lucario and the Mystery Mew)

If I got a female Pikachu or Cinccino I would so name it Ms. Mowz, my favorite partner in any Paper Mario game.
    If I got a Flareon, Jolteon, and Glaceon I would name them Vivian, Marilyn, and Beldam.
    Last edited by Lluc; 23rd December 2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Typo

The members of my Pokemon Black 2 team at the moment are all named after Studio Ghibli characters:

Weezing - Sheeta (Castle in the Sky)
    Basculin - Ponyo (Ponyo)
    Pinsir - Ohmu (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)
    Swoobat - Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)
    Lopunny - Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)
    Abomasnow - Totoro (My Neighbour Totoro)

Yeah, some of them don't really work, but y'know... I also recall I once called a Piplup Pingu /originality

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Named my oshawott revolver
    FC: 2967 6468 9106
    If you believe in Flying Spaghetti Monster put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because he says, `If you deny me, I will deny you in front the beer volcano

Credit to eeveelover824
    My x and y shinies: froakie (193 eggs MM), Mime Jr (RE), Volbeat (RE)
        Spoiler:- Assorted chain sig stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Why did I never think of this?! Genius!

I once considered naming a team after characters from the Eragon series. Kingdra would have been Saphira, Charizard would have been Thorn, etc.

I've also named a Pokemon Irwin, but it was a Sandile that I caught on Black. Can't think of any others at the moment.
    I'm not that into nicknaming pokemon, but the ones I have have all been named after Eragon characters. I had a Flygon called Firnen, and an Altaria called Saphira.

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

I'm doing an Eeveelution run in Black 2, and I named all my Eeveelutions after Toa from Bionicle. Umbreon, however, I nicknamed Ahkmou because the Matoran Ahkmou was planned to become a Toa of Shadow.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

I have a Pokémon Showdown Übers team whose members are all named after Zanpakutou from Bleach.

Espeon - Sōgyo no Kotowari
    Terrakion - Kamishini no Yari
    Groudon - Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō
    Ho-Oh - Zanka no Tachi
    Kyurem-W - Daiguren Hyōrinmaru
    Arceus-Ghost - Tensa Zangetsu
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

How did you get by the 10 characters limit for those?!
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I named my Emboar on Black, Ganon after Ganon from the Legend of Zelda series. All he needs is the same garments two swords or a trident.

Ive once named Tepig, Piglet, after the Winnie the pooh character.

Ive also recently named a Koffing, Malex, After an old show Alex Mack. Putting Malex was easier and sounded better than the whole name.

I also suppose Bloop the oshawott, could be considered named after Bloopers from Mario.

Those are the only 3 i can think of off the top of my head.

Quite often, yes. I've named my Drapion Scorpinok (from Transformers), and the Regis after bosses from the Metroid Prime Trilogy (Regirock- Thardus, Regice- Rundas, and Registeel- Ghor). Also, I nicknamed my Honchkrow Josef after the second in command of the Russian Mafia in Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction     Spoiler:- Plot Spoilers:
    . And my Gallade in Platinum is named Tybalt after Juliet's cousin from Romeo & Juliet, who happens to be a master swordfighter. And I named my Rhyperior Volcanus after a villain from Ben 10, but I later found out I spelled the name wrong (it's supposed to be Vulkanus). There's other examples, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

And if I ever get a Rapidash for whatever reason, I'm naming it Celestia after the character from MLP.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Can you use Japanese characters? Because if so, then it wouldn't be 10 characters since the most basic Japanese characters (Katakana and Hiragana) are closer to what we would identify as syllables, meaning you'd need less of them per word.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPokeLover View Post
    Emolga- Rocky (My friend told me about a cartoon with a squirrel named Rocky in it)
    They're referring to this classic cartoon in which one of the main characters is a flying squirrel named Rocky. If you've never heard of it you were probably too young for it. I also was going to name my Emolga after Rocky, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPokeLover View Post
    - Blaze (Blaze the Cat from Sonic the Hedgehog. The ironic thing is Arcanine is a dog XD)
    Why would you do that? I'd wait until we actually get a Fire type cat for that.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 24th December 2012 at 5:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Nicknames on Pokémon Showdown can be more than ten characters.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

I don't nickname, ever.

Sawk and Hitmochan- Rocky and Balboa. Throh and Hitmonlee- Apollo and Creed. Venomoth- Mothra
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

On my first file of Black, I named my Serperior Salazar after Salazar Slytherin, and I named my Hydreigon on the same file Sirius after Sirius Black.
    I usually do not name after other fictional characters, but I nickname everything.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

I named my Breloom Link, I named an Omastar Nemo, and I named a ton others but, the ones related to real things, I named a Togekiss Icirrus. XD

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

I nickname most of my Pokémon after Zelda characters/enemies.

My Emboar is named Dragmire. (Ganondorf's last name that NOA gave him in the ALttP manual.)
    My Gallade is named Link.
    My Shiny Charizard is named Argorok.
    My Umbreon is named Goriya.
    My Porygon-Z is named ERROR. (The meme from Zelda II.)

I could go on, but you get the point.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

I nickname most of my Pokémon after Zelda characters/enemies.

My Emboar is named Dragmire. (Ganondorf's last name that NOA gave him in the ALttP manual.)
    My Gallade is named Link.
    My Shiny Charizard is named Argorok.
    My Umbreon is named Goriya.
    My Porygon-Z is named ERROR. (The meme from Zelda II.)

I could go on, but you get the point.
    I LOVE U! XD JK

I love Zelda (how could you tell?)

I named my Breloom Link, and I want a Mew Zelda.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast