Thread: Elder scrolls series general discussion

Default Elder scrolls series general discussion

I just recently purchased morrowind and can't wait to play it seeing as this will be my first experience with the series. I was just curious as to what everyone else thinks of the games.
    completed challenge
    leaf green scramble

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven'

Morrowind is a good game, I'd say it was the Ocarina of time of it's genre when it came out, but its horribly outdated, Try and go for Skyrim.

I would get skyrim but my current pc can't handle it which is why I got morrowind
    completed challenge
    leaf green scramble

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven'

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Morrowind is a good game, I'd say it was the Ocarina of time of it's genre when it came out, but its horribly outdated, Try and go for Skyrim.
    Don't go with Skyrim. It's more expensive, you can get graphical mods to update Morrowind, and honestly I think it's not as good as Morrowind or Oblivion.

once I get a better pc will get the newer games off of steam
    completed challenge
    leaf green scramble

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Don't go with Skyrim. It's more expensive, you can get graphical mods to update Morrowind, and honestly I think it's not as good as Morrowind or Oblivion.
    Yeah but its real annoying for the first couple of hours(or days if you dont know the game) to move at the speed of a snail and hit once every 10 strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Yeah but its real annoying for the first couple of hours(or days if you dont know the game) to move at the speed of a snail and hit once every 10 strikes.
    Yeah but that adds to the game challenge the major complaint from my friend who recommended me to morrowind about skyrim is that it is toto easy
    completed challenge
    leaf green scramble

Enough with the Skyirm complaints. If it's too easy, then the difficulty setting isn't high enough. I've played Oblivion, and Skyrim is certainly better. It's easier to play, faster (not saying that you can rush through it, it justs responds quicker), and the graphics are tenfold of those of Oblivion.

The new DLC just came out, but the thread is dying and I had the last post so I can't DP....can someone get it going again?
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

I know that the graphics are better on skyrim but I actually like the graphic style of the previous two games
    completed challenge
    leaf green scramble

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    Enough with the Skyirm complaints. If it's too easy, then the difficulty setting isn't high enough. I've played Oblivion, and Skyrim is certainly better. It's easier to play, faster (not saying that you can rush through it, it justs responds quicker), and the graphics are tenfold of those of Oblivion.

The new DLC just came out, but the thread is dying and I had the last post so I can't DP....can someone get it going again?
    The difficulty doesn't matter because Oblivion required more thought and more strategy regardless of what difficulty setting you played it on. Just because a game is "easier to play" doesn't make it better, that's one of the largest reasons Skyrim is worse. It's too simplified, and Oblivion had more depth. You can still get graphical mods for Oblivion, and either way graphics don't make a game good.

How much of Oblivion did you actually play?

I own both games and I far prefer Oblivion. The quests in Skyrim are just so repetitive. Like 75 percent of them have to do with you running into a tomb and killing some Draugrs, and the other 25 percent are still boring.

Oblivion had much more variations in the quests, I would pick it over Skyrim any day.

One of my favorite parts in morrowind is the beginning because that just throw you into the game unlike in skyrim and oblivion where you have to do the mission right off the bat. It just doesn't seem right to me for an open world rpg.
    completed challenge
    leaf green scramble

I've recently been playing Skyrim, but I would love to start playing Morrowind again. I never got very far in it anyway.
    I like Skyrim, but the story doesn't interest me very much. Dragons.
    Overall, I like the games a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickolanious View Post
    I've recently been playing Skyrim, but I would love to start playing Morrowind again. I never got very far in it anyway.
    I like Skyrim, but the story doesn't interest me very much. Dragons.
    Overall, I like the games a lot!
    You should definitely go back and play morrowind again
    Last edited by noseklig; 25th December 2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: typo
    completed challenge
    leaf green scramble

I've played Skyrim for 233 hours total. I have so many complaints about the game I could write a well-written essay about it. Even with mods, I can't seem to get back into it. Story, characters, combat, all fall flat on its face, the dragons aren't even menacing, and Skyrim's strongest point is being a hiking simulator. And that's just scratching the surface.

Oh come on. Skyrim is really not that bad.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Oh come on. Skyrim is really not that bad.
    I agree that it is not that bad but it could have been made better. I mean they took away the class and skill system from the previous games entirely.
    completed challenge
    leaf green scramble

Well in Morrowind it takes a lot of planning and careful leveling to get the best character you can be, in Skyrim it's generally just pick up and play and you'll all reach the same point at the end. Both has its merits.