Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is the anime to long?

The problem with the anime that others have said, is that Ash has been the focus for 15 years.

Nothing wrong with that, but it's like they don't want to wrap up his storyline. People say things like:

" They'll lose money!"

" Ash still has loads of regions to explore!"

Among other things. But there is only so much you can do with a single character before it gets dumb and repetitive..

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

The anime stopped being long after BF. It's like a Hello Kitty products. They just won't stop being made.

My ideal battle ever!

"is the anime too long?" i shall say it politely.......soap operas are shorter than the pokemon anime.

please note not trying to be an internet troll (if it seems like it) just voicing my opinion and trying to be funny at the same time.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

The original Idea for the anime was how the manga is and ash would be red and get older wiser and become champion old characters would be replaced by new ones etc etc I think that the anime would be so much better if they would have stuck with that original idea and that then I wouldent mind it being this long.
    Last edited by Jazzy-Strings; 2nd February 2013 at 7:41 PM.

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

Quote Originally Posted by epicjirachifan View Post
    The original Idea for the anime was how the many a is and ash would be red and get older wiser and become champion old characters would be replaced by new ones etc etc I think that the anime would be so much better if they would have stuck with that original idea and that then I wouldent mind it being this long.
    yeah i have actually heard that before along with how the anime was suppose to be only a year and a half long, they should have gone with one of those ideas, but noooo we instead got the greatest disappointment in anime history seriously video game red has more character development than him and he never talks!
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

It would definitely require much patience to go through 700+ episodes, as well as each one for over 20 minutes, plus the movies and specials.

Not counting the movies and specials, though, it would take over 14000+ minutes which is 9 days.

No one has the time to watch every single anime episode for 9 days straight with no interruptions, so yes it's too long to go from Pokemon! I Choose You! to Episode N.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

I don't think the anime's length is the real problem. I think the problem is that it has been following Ash for too long. Granted, I know it's a risky business move switching to a new Protagonist, but Ash is the primary reason I feel the show is getting stale. After Johto, when he Oaked his old team, that was a fresh start. It made the next region more interesting. But now even that's becoming repetitive. He's already done that 3 times now, and will likely do it again in the next region. And he can't go back to keeping his team without seeming overpowered. (Or facing the wrath of the fans if he get's pwned by some rookie) In addition to this, I feel Ash has kinda lost that special spark to his personality that made him enjoyable to watch.

I know it probably won't happen, but I feel the only way to truly raise the bar with the anime at this point is to finish Ash's story and start fresh with someone new.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

I still enjoy the anime. As long as I do that, I don't think it's too long. It may need some changes, but for all I care, it can go on forever.

Though, Ash better be a champion somewhere, sometime...
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Starsurfer View Post
    I don't think the anime's length is the real problem. I think the problem is that it has been following Ash for too long. Granted, I know it's a risky business move switching to a new Protagonist, but Ash is the primary reason I feel the show is getting stale. After Johto, when he Oaked his old team, that was a fresh start. It made the next region more interesting. But now even that's becoming repetitive. He's already done that 3 times now, and will likely do it again in the next region. And he can't go back to keeping his team without seeming overpowered. (Or facing the wrath of the fans if he get's pwned by some rookie) In addition to this, I feel Ash has kinda lost that special spark to his personality that made him enjoyable to watch.

I know it probably won't happen, but I feel the only way to truly raise the bar with the anime at this point is to finish Ash's story and start fresh with someone new.
    I think that is part of pokemon's problem. In hindsight, the writers could have easily wrapped up ash's story in johto, and then start fresh. I mean, 5 years would have been more than enough time for one to follow one character and his many adventures...

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

Quote Originally Posted by iraqmaster View Post
    I think that is part of pokemon's problem. In hindsight, the writers could have easily wrapped up ash's story in johto, and then start fresh. I mean, 5 years would have been more than enough time for one to follow one character and his many adventures...
    Exactly this! Not that I didn't like Ash in AG. But he started getting a bit dry after Johto, and now it's just downright predictable. "Oh, he Oaked his old team? Been there, done that." Or "So he lost the league again, eh? No surprise." He's just too old. I remember first seeing the advertisements for Pokemon Chronicles and seeing Jimmy. The first thing I did was celebrate, because I thought they were going to finally make a series that focused on someone other than Ash. Unfortunately it turned out to just be a bunch of random stories, but the potential was there. Ash should've been finished up a while ago IMO.

Just had a wonderful thought! Start the new region fresh with a new protagonist, and when it comes time for the league, bring Ash back... AS A RIVAL! Bam! Ash stomps the newbie and goes on to win the whole enchilada! Instant gratification to the old fans, and kinda acts as a passing of the torch to our new, inexperienced hero. "Now it's your time to shine." Idk what anyone else thinks, but I would be more than pleased with that turn of events
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

I just can't really see this series as a proper anime anymore.
    It's simply a business and it'll continue as long as they make money, which ****s up the general story and annoys the older fans the longer it keeps going.
    As long as new viewers keep emerging, they'll never end it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsurfer View Post
    Exactly this! Not that I didn't like Ash in AG. But he started getting a bit dry after Johto, and now it's just downright predictable. "Oh, he Oaked his old team? Been there, done that." Or "So he lost the league again, eh? No surprise." He's just too old. I remember first seeing the advertisements for Pokemon Chronicles and seeing Jimmy. The first thing I did was celebrate, because I thought they were going to finally make a series that focused on someone other than Ash. Unfortunately it turned out to just be a bunch of random stories, but the potential was there. Ash should've been finished up a while ago IMO.

Just had a wonderful thought! Start the new region fresh with a new protagonist, and when it comes time for the league, bring Ash back... AS A RIVAL! Bam! Ash stomps the newbie and goes on to win the whole enchilada! Instant gratification to the old fans, and kinda acts as a passing of the torch to our new, inexperienced hero. "Now it's your time to shine." Idk what anyone else thinks, but I would be more than pleased with that turn of events
    you have just earned the tiltle of best storyteller among the history of story tellers.
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234