Thread: Why is Pikachu Becoming Overpowered?

Default Why is Pikachu Becoming Overpowered?

It just seems kind of strange to me what the writers are doing. First, Pikachu is able to break Colress's device off of his head BY HIMSELF (albeit a bit of encouragement from Ash). Next, in the Mareep episode, Team Rocket fires a superpowered electric attack, which Pikachu not only counters, but is able to overpower with Thunderbolt and destroy the machine. Last, when Ash and co are in N' s forest, Pignite is defeated by Pansage and a Team Plasma grunt' s Magnezone. When Magnezone fires another Thunderbolt ( A double thunderbolt, mind you), Pikachu counters it with his own Thunderbolt and once again overpowers it, defeating Magnezone. This seems a bit strange to me how Pikachu keeps doing this. Are they setting him up for something?

He is reaching his full strength as usual in every arc.

Don't worry he will lose to a Fennekin or something at the start of the next region

Well, Pikachu's power level is always fluctuating.

Manages to beat Regice, then struggles to the end of its resistance against an Elekid... nothing new here.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

His power resets every reigion, wait and see him lose to the "togepi" of the reigion
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SceptileTheBanana View Post
    It just seems kind of strange to me what the writers are doing. First, Pikachu is able to break Colress's device off of his head BY HIMSELF (albeit a bit of encouragement from Ash). Next, in the Mareep episode, Team Rocket fires a superpowered electric attack, which Pikachu not only counters, but is able to overpower with Thunderbolt and destroy the machine. Last, when Ash and co are in N' s forest, Pignite is defeated by Pansage and a Team Plasma grunt' s Magnezone. When Magnezone fires another Thunderbolt ( A double thunderbolt, mind you), Pikachu counters it with his own Thunderbolt and once again overpowers it, defeating Magnezone. This seems a bit strange to me how Pikachu keeps doing this. Are they setting him up for something?
    Oh it's just the writers usual shoehorning him into places he doesn't belong lol...
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

As others have said, Pikachu usually gets really strong when a saga is about to end. I personally don't see the problem with it since most people were complaining about him being too weak when BW began. At least his powers are finally returning to him, which is good because Ash needs his original powerhouse now more than ever imo.

Not saying that countering Thunderbolts is set up for anything, but his 'late-season'-power upgrade might be a hint that there might be a big victory ahead at some point.
    Obviously, the end of Episode N is going to be mostly for Charizard. So I'm expecting something 'biggish' on the end of Decolora. I'm not banking on this, but who knows, maybe Paul can return to the show?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Not saying that countering Thunderbolts is set up for anything, but his 'late-season'-power upgrade might be a hint that there might be a big victory ahead at some point.
    Obviously, the end of Episode N is going to be mostly for Charizard. So I'm expecting something 'biggish' on the end of Decolora. I'm not banking on this, but who knows, maybe Paul can return to the show?
    Why would paul return? If anybody would as a rival, it would be trip. They even kind of foreshadowed a rematch after their league battle.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Why would paul return? If anybody would as a rival, it would be trip. They even kind of foreshadowed a rematch after their league battle.
    No thank you, no one wants to see Trip and his hacked Serperior again...
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I don't care about Serpy, but I want to see conkeldurr again, and possibly chandelure.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I don't care about Serpy, but I want to see conkeldurr again, and possibly chandelure.
    Lol hasn't the poor clown lost enough??

We're at the point in BW where it's time for Pikachu to be overpowered.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I get what everyone is saying, but it just seems kinda weird to me how it only seems to happen when they confront the TRio or TP

I do.

yuoke he didn't really hint anything though, he says the same to every rival, said the same to Kotetsu and Kenyan, that they will battle each other next time they meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I do.

yuoke he didn't really hint anything though, he says the same to every rival, said the same to Kotetsu and Kenyan, that they will battle each other next time they meet.
    Why?? Wasn't he humiliated enough??

Why?? Wasn't he humiliated enough??
    No he lost and its perfectly normal that he would want to figth Satoshi again, do you quit playing when you lose to a trainer on the games?

Anyway the thread is about Pikachu lets not derail it into a Shooti hate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    No he lost and its perfectly normal that he would want to figth Satoshi again, do you quit playing when you lose to a trainer on the games?

Anyway the thread is about Pikachu lets not derail it into a Shooti hate thread.
    I mean the poor guy got beat with Ash's typical DEM bullshiz lol. It's not like anybody here actually believes that Ash is stronger then Trip in any way shape or form now.

I mean the poor guy got beat with Ash's typical DEM bullshiz lol. It's not like anybody here actually believes that Ash is stronger then Trip in any way shape or form now.
    I think Ash is stronger than Trip....Sceptile could wreck Serperior....

Anyways, it's nearing the end of the season so doesn't Pikachu always get boosted somehow? Maybe he's gonna fight someone big in the coming episodes, and I'll put my money on Zekrom

If pikachu straight up beats zekrom, I'm done.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    I think Ash is stronger than Trip....Sceptile could wreck Serperior....

Anyways, it's nearing the end of the season so doesn't Pikachu always get boosted somehow? Maybe he's gonna fight someone big in the coming episodes, and I'll put my money on Zekrom
    I mean with his Unova pokes <.<

It is by no means odd for Pikachu to be very powerful near the end of a series and/or during the huge Regional Evil Team Confrontation arc.

We just kind of happened to have 2-ish big Evil Team arcs, Operation Temptest in BWS2 and now this TP stuff in Episode N.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Not like this hasn't happened before. I don't see a problem with it.
    e

yea, pikachu's true powerful always shows up toward the end of saga's. Nothing new here. I just can't when people complain with Pikachu losing at the start of new saga's, but then gets on his case about being level 100 and how he should win every single battle. Pikachu can never stop getting flack from so many basic opinions toward him from youtube users.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

This theory is completely messed up by his regional power resetting but, IN THEORY, he should be level 100 and insanely powerful by now.