Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you rank the Unova league in comparison with past leagues?

Default How would you rank the Unova league in comparison with past leagues?

1. Johto-Notable for having 2 of the best 6v6s we have ever seen and most of all because Charizard was the main pokemon not Pikachu. Also the Gary battle was the only one where Ash went all out with his selection of pokemon and harrison's was just fast paced and frenetic. Plus it had a unique score system and aside from bulbasaur and squirtle stealing too much glory from his johto team in the prelims it was excellent.

2. Sinnoh- Ash had 4 battles, but all were excellently done from the Nando Bug off to Conway( AKA trainer which follows the games the best) using all sorts of strategies from trick room to power trick as well as Draco meteor it made things a real treat to watch. Ash and Paul was a 3 part battle(only 1 to date) and surprisingly there wasn't much filler or outside interruption. trollbias ruined it though.

3. Hoenn- While Ash fought the most and his 2 league rivals were interesting and 3 6v6s were always welcome, I sometimes had to pinch myself in disbelief at how sturdy his team was and how much damage it could dish out vs much tougher species. So if everything was the same and Crawdanut and sceptile was there instead it would have been higher.

4. Unova- 3 battles, the main rival gets kicked out early, random mid league filler in an already short league, Ash losing vs the dumbest trainer ever. At least Ash vs Stephan and the first half of Ash vs Camoron was decent

5.Kanto- Kingler was awesome, I don't remeber much else, but Ash's last battle was so bad to this day nothing could top it.

Every other league>Unova

If i wanted to be bias i can say i loved the league cause of kotetsu but to be fair it was pretty meh i think it was better then Kanto tho

lol this thread is basically going to be the "thrash UNOVA" thread. I think the best battles were the two out of the three battles we are seeing so far (not including Scraggy's round).

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Johto and Sinnoh were the best leagues, but I'd choose Johto because there were likeable characters who were interesting. Harrison wasn't a troll like Tobias, so that's a big plus. Third would be the Hoenn league.

Unova is dangerously barely on top of the Kanto league, which was the worst league. Whatever happens in that match against Cameron and his down-right scary team of Pokemon, and I mean Ash giving the kid a brain by outright defeating him, my opinion would change and put Unova a little better than Kanto. Yes, Pikachu needs to show he can defeat many Pokemon and show he is level 100.

It was better than the kanto league if that's considered an accomplishment. We only got to see Ash battle three people (I'm not counting the one with Scraggy) where his battle with Stephan was probably the best one. The Trip battle was alright but it was only 1vs1 so not much can be said about it. The Cameron battle is the only 6vs6 (or should I say 5vs6) we're gonna see Ash compete in this time, and I haven't seen anything special about it so far because most of the pokemon were KO'd quickly.

So yeah, I expected more from this league.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 23rd December 2012 at 8:23 PM.

That Cameron is going to have 5 pokemon and not 6 is one of the thing that I suspected from Cameron since that scans that showed 2 Samurott. I'd find really bizarre this... Last Thursday was explained why.

The problem with the League is that Cameron will win with Lucario to a Ash that has 6 pokemon.

I thought that Cameron is a dumb person, but not that level of dumbness. This and that Ash won't face Virgil (or we must see screenshot from the Top 4 battle).

Fortunately, the Trip and Stephan looked very good. And Cameron vs Bianca also looked good. But the 6vs6 battle is a completely mess.

I started to think that there isn't high expectations from this League. I don't know if it was for being too soon, for having a bad rival (Trip), for Ash defeating a Gym Leader in a 6vs3 (remember Roxie... this can explain all)

And I remember that with the exception of Fan there's really any promotion of the anime and the league wasn't hyped until very late (although this is because they probably knew that the international Season 16 won't start until the Snivy episode).

At least is better than Kanto, though. I expected a League like the Hoenn one but with Ash facing Bianca and not Stephan, Ash vs Trip would be a 6vs6 like should be, and Ash would lose to Virgil and not Cameron.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 23rd December 2012 at 8:29 PM.

It's unfair to compare Unova and Kanto. It was the show's first league, and it still had memorable battles. Even though the way Ash lost was sad, the pacing of the league was well-done. It seems like the writers don't give a crap about the Unova championship, and they are only doing it because they have to.

1.) Sinnoh
    2.) Johto
    3.) Hoenn
    4.) Orange
    5.) Kanto

6.) Unova
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Hey, this thread is back as promised You can leave your impressions on the Unova League as a whole here and compare it to other league arcs - if you want to review single episodes though, the Episode Discussion threads are the better and more suitable option.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

What League? Do you mean that Club Battle that just ended?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I find that to be an insult to Club Battles..

It's really disappointing how this league has turned out, it has to be BY FAR the worst written league in the history of the show. I don't understand how people can even put the Indigo League below it, because the only poorly written part of that was Ash vs Richie.. whereas the only half decent part of this was Ash vs Stephan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Yeah it really didn't have a League vibe to it. There wasn't really any build up/hype to it, it had battles getting skipped for redundant reasons, major rivals getting knocked out too early, no MR. FRICKEN GOODSHOW! It's indeed like another club battle/junior cup. Boring and pointless.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

This league has been horrible. They didn't even show most of the battles. Here's to hoping for a better League next generation, one like Sinnoh.

Has Ash Vs. Cameron Part 2 aired yet or is it on now?

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2rzoz01.png[/IMG]

Credits: Super_Jamalx9000

Credits: Dean

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    This league has been horrible. They didn't even show most of the battles. Here's to hoping for a better League next generation, one like Sinnoh.
    They just need to take there time with the league and make it about 9 or 10 episodes. Give the rivals/Ash's pokemon proper exposition and having Ash reach the finals is a must.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Unova was okay, it could've done a lot better if they didn't rush it and Ash hadn't been reduced to a lower IQ than he was when he first started in Kanto.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMaster121 View Post
    Has Ash Vs. Cameron Part 2 aired yet or is it on now?
    It aired.

Cameron beat Ash. Virgil beat Cameron. Virgil beat Dino. Virgil became League Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    It aired.

Cameron beat Ash. Virgil beat Cameron. Virgil beat Dino. Virgil became League Champion.
    So no new eeveelution?

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMaster121 View Post
    So no new eeveelution?
    Nope, Eevee vs Druddigon was the final matchup and Eevee won.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Nope, Eevee vs Druddigon was the final matchup and Eevee won.
    That sucks, I never thought Dino would be in the Top 2.
    Thanks for the answer btw.

The final league episode aired and you know what? I went EXACTLY as we feared.
    Dumb trainer beat Ash, Dumb trainer lost against Eeveelution Geek.
    Eeeveelution Geek won the league. Further offense: he used Eevee as last glory.

Pfahahahahaha, derp.

Glad it's finally over. Remember to evolve your party next time, Ash.
    Will he EVER learn? I mean, that's exactly why he keeps losing! In a league with a Snivy, Oshawott and Scraggy. DERP!

How the animation team is not sick of him already? IT WAS BEEN FRIGGIN 15 YEARS!!!

Whatever, at least now Team Plasma is getting the spotlight that deserves. Generation VI may overshadow it but I don't care.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Now that the league is over, in my opinion worst league ever! Even worse than Kanto, Virgil was pretty much the most pointless league rival. Ash got beaten by a kid who I'm not even sure has an IQ at this point, just gets by with luck. Ash's main rivals got knocked out early while all these random unknown rivals get to the top??? What the heck was Pokemon thinking when making this league? I don't understand why they can't give the league more episodes? Did they know way a head of time that they'd be making the N arc after the league? Even so, they still could have given it more episodes >>

edit;

Oh yah, what was with the Axew filler? A lot of us didn't like it the first time he got lost, what makes you people think we want to see it again and this time in the legaue of all places?? Why they didn't think showing some of Ash's battles in the league on screen was important was beyond me.
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 10th January 2013 at 1:07 PM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

This League was by far the worst

It had a random filler episode to interupt it, skipped and rushed battles, no full battles, Eevee winning the damn thing and so on

Ash lost to an absolutely incompent trainer who didn't even know the basic rules. Came in missing a pokemon, sent in wrong type match-ups and Ash showed little to no strategy. The battle was also basically Pikachu & Pignite vs Hydreigon & Lucario, since everyone else were just fallguys

The only way this could have been redeemed is if:
    Ash vs Trip was 3v3
    Ash vs Stephan was 6v6
    Ash had beaten Lucario, but then forfeited since he realized Pikachu was in no shape to battle a 6th Pokemon and winning this battle like that (Kotetsu being stupid and forgetting his last pokemon) didn't feel like he earned it. Showing a sign of maturity.

Or let Ash lose to Virgil in the finals if they are so bent on him never winning. There's no new game for another 10 months, nor a reason to rush this league, it could have easily stretched another 3-4 episodes

I think Jhoto was the best even though we didn't see Charzard's victory againts blazikan

I'm sick of those little unenvolved pokemon of ash....
    Last edited by Sushi; 10th January 2013 at 2:38 PM.

It was already clear in the last episode, but after the one aired today I can confirm that: worst… League… to date! Not even the Kanto League or the Sinnoh one (that are the most criticized) were that bad. The only good match for me was Ash vs Stephan and I liked the clash between Lucario and Pikachu but the rest was rather meh. Here hoping that the next League will be better than that.

Take note, writers. The Unova League is how a League should't be written. Remember!
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 10th January 2013 at 1:13 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast