Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: How would you rank the Unova league in comparison with past leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Pft Kotetsu was more over powered then Paul was -_-.

Ash was a rookie then, it made perfect sense to lose in a really stupid way.
    Gary didn't lose in a stupid way.

Had Ash lost in a legitimate way, Kanto would really be high.

However the Ritchie battle just totally ruins whatever good the Kanto league.

It was like a balloon, it was filling up with air, then some sharp pointy object (Ritchie), popped the balloon, that's how I feel about the Kanto League. Ritchie completely and utterly ruined that league for me.
    --------------

Everything but Ash vs Stephan ruined the Unova League, so at least Kanto has that over Unova.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Gary didn't lose in a stupid way.

Had Ash lost in a legitimate way, Kanto would really be high.

However the Ritchie battle just totally ruins whatever good the Kanto league.

It was like a balloon, it was filling up with air, then some sharp pointy object (Ritchie), popped the balloon, that's how I feel about the Kanto League. Ritchie completely and utterly ruined that league for me.
    --------------

Everything but Ash vs Stephan ruined the Unova League, so at least Kanto has that over Unova.
    Lol he lost to some stupid loser nobody. I would say that is a bad way.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    chill. people are entitled to there opinions
    And people are also entitled to disagree with said opinions. Hence the concept of a discussion forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSociety12345543210 View Post
    And people are also entitled to disagree with said opinions. Hence the concept of a discussion forum.
    Ahh, but!.... Never mind, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSociety12345543210 View Post
    there's a difference between disagreeing with an opinion and having a go at someone because of there opinion

there's a difference between disagreeing with an opinion and having a go at someone because of there opinion
    Oh for the love of....I wasn't even attacking him. It was shock hence the face at the end -_-.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Oh for the love of....I wasn't even attacking him. It was shock hence the face at the end -_-.
    I have to agree here. You were just surprised, that's all.

Personally for me this league was short and not as good as previous ones

Kanto - was the first League I saw when it originally aired so for me it was Epic

Johto - there isnt anything about Johto I didnt like and the league was again EPIC! GARY vs ASH AWSOME!!!! CHARIZARD vs BLASTOISE/BLAZIKEN!!!

Hoenn - Ash decides to start again refuses to use reserves... this league sucked!!!!

Sinnoh - EPICNESS it had Paul and Barry need I say more lol AND Ash used his head and used his reserves he earned his place in the Top 4! he really worked for it in Sinnoh!

The only draw back to this league was the cheap way they made Ash loose to a "Legendary Trainer" If there was ever a time for Ash to win it was the Sinnoh League

Unova - they could have done soooo much more but they rushed it! Ash's Pokemon were not ready so they had new moves thrown in randomly!

Id have thought with them getting rid of Contests and the lack of a Grand Festival they would have gone all out but I guess not.

If Ash had battled Virgil I would have loved to see Virgil change his moveset around to incorporate weather effects.

then you have my apologies

The biggest problem I have in the Ash-Cameron battle is when Pikachu was fighting Lucario. After seeing how effective thunderbolt was on Lucario, you would think that Ash would keep spamming that attack but no, he decides to use EVERY other attack after using t-bolt. Really summarizes Ash in this league. Somewhere AG and DP Ash are shaking their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Hoenn - Ash decides to start again refuses to use reserves... this league sucked!!!
    No, it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Personally for me this league was short and not as good as previous ones

Kanto - was the first League I saw when it originally aired so for me it was Epic

Johto - there isnt anything about Johto I didnt like and the league was again EPIC! GARY vs ASH AWSOME!!!! CHARIZARD vs BLASTOISE/BLAZIKEN!!!

Hoenn - Ash decides to start again refuses to use reserves... this league sucked!!!!

Sinnoh - EPICNESS it had Paul and Barry need I say more lol AND Ash used his head and used his reserves he earned his place in the Top 4! he really worked for it in Sinnoh!

The only draw back to this league was the cheap way they made Ash loose to a "Legendary Trainer" If there was ever a time for Ash to win it was the Sinnoh League

Unova - they could have done soooo much more but they rushed it! Ash's Pokemon were not ready so they had new moves thrown in randomly!

Id have thought with them getting rid of Contests and the lack of a Grand Festival they would have gone all out but I guess not.
    Your crazy lol. That was the one league where everyone of his pokemon where properly treated.

I agree, though I felt that Torkal got a little bit shafted for pokes like Swellow and Galiee. But overall was a very good league and had a ton of great, memorable battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Gen Fan View Post
    I agree, though I felt that Torkal got a little bit shafted for pokes like Swellow and Galiee. But overall was a very good league and had a ton of great, memorable battles.
    At least Torkal got a win though in the league lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Gen Fan View Post
    The biggest problem I have in the Ash-Cameron battle is when Pikachu was fighting Lucario. After seeing how effective thunderbolt was on Lucario, you would think that Ash would keep spamming that attack but no, he decides to use EVERY other attack after using t-bolt. Really summarizes Ash in this league. Somewhere AG and DP Ash are shaking their heads.
    I've noticed this as well, Ash often goes for Quick Attack/Iron Tail where Thunderbolt/Electro Ball would be more effective, like when he finished off Samurott with Iron Tail. I guess the writers just don't want Pikachu just spamming its powerful electric moves all the time.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Your crazy lol. That was the one league where everyone of his pokemon where properly treated.
    It was also one of the more boring leagues because it was same Pokemon used constantly
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Has anyone else noticed that in all final league matches with Pikachu in them, Ash lost the battles??
    Let's just go back for a bit

Indigo League, battle with Richie had Pikachu, Ash lost.
    Johto League Pikachu was in Ash's battle with Harrison. Ash lost again.
    Hoenn League Pikachu faced off against Tyson's Meowth in boots. Another loss.
    Sinnoh League, after Darkrai was KO'd, Pikachu managed to KO Tobias' Latios, but fainted resulting in a tie, but Ash still lost the match.
    Unova League, Pikachu faces off with Lucario, Ash loses yet AGAIN.

It doesn't seem like having Pikachu on his team does him any favors. Centering his team around him is too great of his risk, as too much dependency is placed on him. There should've been more well-rounded rotation and development for his Unova team. Maybe he might've done better.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    It was also one of the more boring leagues because it was same Pokemon used constantly
    Still better than Kanto and Unova.

i dont like the leagues where he 'starts from scratch' and only uses the pokemon hes caught from that region. for one i love to see charizard and squirtle make an appearance, and hopefully it is ash's charizard weve seen and not iris's
    On Hiatus

Hoenn is better than Unova, but that's it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Eh..his team for the most part came off looking strong, whereas in Unova it was a mess of a team. I'd take the former over a team of fall guys any day.

1. Sinnoh
    2. Kanto
    3. Johto
    4. Unova
    5. Hoenn
    ~Working on getting a sig~

Sinnoh>Johto>Kanto>Hoenn>Unova

then you have my apologies
    And you have a nice +3 to your post count

Personally, I feel Unova has been the worst league to date. Many of the battles weren't handled well and all of the major rivals in the series were knocked out before getting a chance to really do much. Not to mention the length of the arc and the whole thing being "The Pikachu and Pignite Show".
    But even noting all that, I might've been able to forgive the writers... If Ash hadn't lost to that dim-wit, Cameron... That is crossing the point of no return -___-

As for ranking, I'd have to say:

1) Johto- Still the best overall handling of a league to date, not to mention the EPIC Gary and Harrison fights
    2) Sinnoh- Home to possible THE BEST 6v6 match in the history of the show (Ash vs. Paul)
    3) Hoenn- Some really great battles and overall fun, despite not being extremely memorable
    4) Kanto- Yeah, the ending wasn't great. But considering it was the first series and Ash was still a rookie, that's understandable. Plus, there were still some great matches!
    5) Unova- The worst. To be honest, even with the changes it had great potential. It could've still managed to be alright were things different. But that ending... It makes me burn knowing that a guy who up until ash met him
    -Didn't know he needed 8 badges to enter the league
    -Would've have missed the registration period
    -Thought the UNOVA league was in JOHTO
    -And thought he only needed 5 Pokemon for the 6v6 portion of the tournament
    ended up beating Ash in the League. Nothing about that character was likable IMO. He was just a daft, League-only rival. And yet, not only does he get to face Ash while characters we've come to love (Like Bianca) don't, HE WINS. That was the straw that broke the Numel's back.

This league was a really crappy culmination to an otherwise good series. I just hope Episode N can finish things up on a better note...
    Last edited by Starsurfer; 21st January 2013 at 2:00 AM.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast