Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you rank the Unova league in comparison with past leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Honestly, I think it was one of the worst I didn't even watch the entire league.. I hope the next league is as good as the Hoenn or Sinnoh League. And why didn't Zoroark appear? I'd rather Ash lose to that instead of Lucario
    This. Really. That's what I was hoping for too. An Unova pokemon to take down Ash not a pokemon we've seen Ash (almost) beat before. Isn't Zoraork just as popular as Lucario?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I really hope Ash becomes a better trainer in the X and Y Anime
    Apparently, this region has taught me that the less socially inept you are, the better your Pokemon team will be.

...That implies you need to waste your life on Pokemon more than you do to your studies.

Orange League
    Silver Conference
    Hoenn League
    Indigo League
    Unova League
    Lily of the Valley Conference

sinnoh>hoenn>jhoto>orange>kanto>unova
    sinnoh had great battles we got to see ash at his strongest
    hoen had decent to good battles it wouldve been better if ash lost to metagross instead of meowth
    jhoto loved the battle format and the battle against gary and harrison
    orange because he won the league thats it
    kanto gets an excuse because it was the first league
    unova it was just terrible two battles that were 5 vs 6 only thing i liked was virgil beating cameron
    98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott will not evolve. If you are part of the 2% that believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters!

Um, I rank it like this: lousiest league ever.

You can tell that writers just quickly wrote it out and didn't even bother to make it even remotely good.

The Ash vs Stephan battle was more akin to the battles we saw in Hoenn, but other than that it was definitely the worst league we've had. At this point, the writers not even managing to give Ash a proper full battle is pretty inexcusable.

He really need to evolve his pokemon IMO.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    He really need to evolve his pokemon IMO.
    That was the blatantly pointed out theme of this league... Evolve your Pokemon to stand a chance
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I will say it is a lame battle of Ash with Kotetsu. How can this be happening when Riolu facing Ash's Unfezant? I think they intentionally giving the credits to Kotetsu to win in this battle, and seriously Ash didn't improve in his battling, since he keeps charging, using his Pokemon without any proper skills.

I think the previous Pokemon league such as Johto League and Hoenn League is better than Unova League.

IMO, the League order from best to worst is this:

Silver Conference - Ash finally beat his first ever rival and childhood friend, Gary.
    Orange League - Ash actually got to beat the Leader of this League.
    Battle Frontier - Ash beat Brandon, someone who even Paul couldn't beat.
    Lily of the Valley Conference - Ash got Top 4, which is the best he's ever done in a League without a leader. The only problems I have is that not all of the Pokémon shown in the intro were used, not all of his battles were shown and some poor choices were used against Tobias (I would of used Glalie instead of Swellow).
    Ever Grande Conference - This is the only League where Ash didn't used any reserves and it got a bit tiring seeing the same Pokémon over and over.
    Indigo League - Ash's first League and even though he didn't get to do a 6 on 6 battle, he still showed more potential than the Unova League.
    Unova League - Horrible, rushed mess. Who uses Pokémon that they never use in the Quarter Finals?
    Last edited by blob; 13th January 2013 at 4:52 AM.

The thing that's pisses me off the most is that Ash didn't even flip his hat backwards.

He's done that at least once in every Pokemon League. that's what gets people excited, it's like when Goku goes Super Saiyan, when Yugi uses the heart of the cards, WHEN POPEYE EATS SPINACH

It lets us know things are about to get mad serious, the kind of serious where you know you have to go pee but you'll hold it just to see what happens. If he would have flipped his hat and got serious for once in Unoca, maybe he would have one against that OP Lucario.

i feel like the reason this league was so boring and rushed is because this isn't the ending of the generational season. We still have episode N which will probably end the gen 5 saga, which will most likely have a bigger ending than the league did. But truthfully the league should be of at least some importance because that's what ash was aiming for all these episodes and for him to just move on to something else so fast, is a little disappointing.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    IMO, the League order from best to worst is this:

Silver Conference - Ash finally beat his first ever rival and childhood friend, Gary.
    Orange League - Ash actually got to beat the Leader of this League.
    Battle Frontier - Ash beat Brandon, someone who even Paul couldn't beat.
    Lily of the Valley Conference - Ash got Top 4, which is the best he's ever done in a League without a leader. The only problems I have is that not all of the Pokémon shown in the intro were used, not all of his battles were shown and some poor choices were used against Tobias (I would of used Glalie instead of Swellow).
    Ever Grande Conference - This is the only League where Ash didn't used any reserves and it got a bit tiring seeing the same Pokémon over and over.
    Indigo League - Ash's first League and even though he didn't get to do a 6 on 6 battle, he still showed more potential than the Unova League.
    Unova League - Horrible, rushed mess. Who uses Pokémon that they never use in the Quarter Finals?
    Excuse me?? You have got to be kidding.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    i feel like the reason this league was so boring and rushed is because this isn't the ending of the generational season. We still have episode N which will probably end the gen 5 saga, which will most likely have a bigger ending than the league did. But truthfully the league should be of at least some importance because that's what ash was aiming for all these episodes and for him to just move on to something else so fast, is a little disappointing.
    What sucks was that I assumed the Unova League wouldn't be rushed because they weren't rushing into the next Generation, like what happened in the Sinnoh League but I don't think the Unova League was rushed because of Episode N. I mean they had at least 6 months of planning ahead, which means Episode N was in the works probably towards the end of the first season of Best Wishes.

It's almost like they tried to make the Unova Saga a Kanto Saga done right, catching lots of Pokemon, Ash having the main goal of the 3 companions, TRio being more series, like how they first started in Kanto, lower quality battles, boring league... no pity badges though. They obviously failed at this anyways.

Here are the rankings for me:

1. Hoenn
    2. Sinnoh
    3. Johto
    4. Unova League(It actually might be tied with the Indigo League. The only real battle I liked was Ash VS Stephan since there was no BS in it)
    5. Indigo League

Trust me, Hoenn, Sinnoh, & Johto are the best ones clearly, with each of them having their faults & advantages but Hoenn was better personally because Ash had a 1 VS 1 Round, I think 3 Double Battle rounds but only 2 were shown, then 3 Full Battles, 2 full battles where Pikachu was a punching bag..... I liked it..... ALOT.

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    Lily of the Valley Conference - some poor choices were used against Tobias (I would of used Glalie instead of Swellow).
    Why Glalie? Because Latios is part Dragon-type. Like Ash knew any Pokemon Tobias had aside from Darkrai.
    Last edited by KibaLG8; 13th January 2013 at 8:48 AM.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

1. Sinnoh
    2. Johto
    3. Hoenn
    4. Unova
    5. Kanto
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    What sucks was that I assumed the Unova League wouldn't be rushed because they weren't rushing into the next Generation, like what happened in the Sinnoh League but I don't think the Unova League was rushed because of Episode N. I mean they had at least 6 months of planning ahead, which means Episode N was in the works probably towards the end of the first season of Best Wishes.

It's almost like they tried to make the Unova Saga a Kanto Saga done right, catching lots of Pokemon, Ash having the main goal of the 3 companions, TRio being more series, like how they first started in Kanto, lower quality battles, boring league... no pity badges though. They obviously failed at this anyways.

Here are the rankings for me:

1. Hoenn
    2. Sinnoh
    3. Johto
    4. Unova League(It actually might be tied with the Indigo League. The only real battle I liked was Ash VS Stephan since there was no BS in it)
    5. Indigo League

Trust me, Hoenn, Sinnoh, & Johto are the best ones clearly, with each of them having their faults & advantages but Hoenn was better personally because Ash had a 1 VS 1 Round, I think 3 Double Battle rounds but only 2 were shown, then 3 Full Battles, 2 full battles where Pikachu was a punching bag..... I liked it..... ALOT.

Why Glalie? Because Latios is part Dragon-type. Like Ash knew any Pokemon Tobias had aside from Darkrai.
    Yay!! Finally someone who likes the Hoenn league the most lol.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Yay!! Finally someone who likes the Hoenn league the most lol.
    What are you talking about? A lot of people here liked the Hoenn League. It's generally tied with Sinnoh and Johto in terms of popularity. lol.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Personally this league was a big let down. It seems like they were trying to rush it so the gen v anime would get out the way in time for gen vi. I would rate the leagues:
    1.Hoenn
    2.Sinnoh
    3.Johto
    4.Kanto/Unova (really these are equally bad)
    I thought the gen v anime was starting so well, but after the team rocket vs. team plasma episodes not airing it all went completely... (do i even need to say) wrong. (among other things)

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    What are you talking about? A lot of people here liked the Hoenn League. It's generally tied with Sinnoh and Johto in terms of popularity. lol.
    Not in this thread <.<…

4/10 would not recommend

But seriously in terms of battles/outcomes/match-ups it was pretty bad. I can't hate it though because of the rival interactions and the small shipping moments but lol this isn't the place for that

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    The Ash vs Stephan battle was more akin to the battles we saw in Hoenn, but other than that it was definitely the worst league we've had. At this point, the writers not even managing to give Ash a proper full battle is pretty inexcusable.
    It was completely on par with a Sinnoh Battle, DP is not the end-all be-all. Nothing about DP battles made them stand-out anymore than a Hoenn Battle, aside from Ash VS. Paul. Ash used zero strategy against Nando and just had his Pokemon pretty much attack head-on over and over and the only good battle out of the Nando Battle was Heracross VS. Kricketune. Ash just attacked head-on against Conway as well as the only strategy was Gible crunching on its opponents and using Draco Meteor at close-range, otherwise Noctowl and Donphan just used straight up power and the former beat Lickylicky very fast doing that. The Stephan battle was perfectly fine, if not completely similar to the Sinnoh League 3 on 3 battles.

Do I hate Sinnoh? No.

Do I think Best Wishes is perfect or the Unova League is good? No.

Am I tired of fans overrating DP as the best thing since sliced bread? Yes.

I guess comparing Ash's Stephan battle to a Hoenn battle is an insult since it's not Sinnoh-compared.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    It was completely on par with a Sinnoh Battle, DP is not the end-all be-all. Nothing about DP battles made them stand-out anymore than a Hoenn Battle, aside from Ash VS. Paul. Ash used zero strategy against Nando and just had his Pokemon pretty much attack head-on over and over and the only good battle out of the Nando Battle was Heracross VS. Kricketune. Ash just attacked head-on against Conway as well as the only strategy was Gible crunching on its opponents and using Draco Meteor at close-range, otherwise Noctowl and Donphan just used straight up power and the former beat Lickylicky very fast doing that. The Stephan battle was perfectly fine, if not completely similar to the Sinnoh League 3 on 3 battles.

Do I hate Sinnoh? No.

Do I think Best Wishes is perfect or the Unova League is good? No.

Am I tired of fans overrating DP as the best thing since sliced bread? Yes.

I guess comparing Ash's Stephan battle to a Hoenn battle is an insult since it's not Sinnoh-compared.
    But the battles in Hoenn were quite good. Look at the match vs Katie or the Frontier Brains' battles. Those were actually good, just like the Sinnoh battles.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    But the battles in Hoenn were quite good. Look at the match vs Katie or the Frontier Brains' battles. Those were actually good, just like the Sinnoh battles.
    Yeah, I agree completely. I thought Hoenn Battles were pretty good myself.

Personally I would say Unova is the worst of the leagues. But that doesn't mean it was a bad league.

Yes it had its fair share of problems but i enjoyed most of the battles and the rival interactions

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Excuse me?? You have got to be kidding.
    By Reserves, I mean he only had 6 Pokémon with him that League. In all other Leagues he had 7+ Pokémon to choose from.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast