Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you rank the Unova league in comparison with past leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Ash took down a Legendary in the last League. You're telling me he can't beat a kid who can't even remember to pack a full team of six now? That leads me to my next point. I guess the animation budget for this League was low, because what was the point of Cameron not bringing six?
    Ain't that the freaking truth. Sigh. What's enormous is that people will have remembered that of Ash if they watched the Sinnoh League. Taking down not one, but two legendary Pokemon in the same battle. That was possibly the most intense moment during the league. Ash/Paul was epic and all, but I already knew from the beginning Ash would win against him. While I did expect Ash to lose to Tobias, I had no idea he would lose 6-2. That was an amazing surprise.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

The Unova league just felt like another Don battle arc.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I agree, the battles seemed too rushed and I still don't get why the Ash and Trip battle was 1 on 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ppac View Post
    Hi.

I'm new on this site.

I am surprise at how people are saying that the Unova League is the worst pokemon league which is entirely untrue. This Pokemon League was the best since Kanto, Ash used all of his Unova team for this pokemon league which most of them had some great wins under their belt.

I do believe BW series had a very damn good start, but people don't want to admit that the Unova series was good aswell as the Pokemon League.
    You remind me of someone.......

I remind you of someone.
    Yep. There is only one person I know on here who type with such awful grammar, say Ash vs Paul was only okay and actually think the Unova League was the best since Kanto and that person is...... SEREB DEVIL!

Hi.

I'm new on this site.

I am surprise at how people are saying that the Unova League is the worst pokemon league which is entirely untrue. This Pokemon League was the best since Kanto, Ash used all of his Unova team for this pokemon league which most of them had some great wins under their belt.

I do believe BW series had a very damn good start, but people don't want to admit that the Unova series was good aswell as the Pokemon League.
    LOL what??

How is Pikachu, Pignite, Scraggy, and Krookodile most of his team <.<??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

i said all of his team.
    Hahahahahahahahaha XD

Worst league ever, Cameron should have been DQ'd. At least with Tobias, he had legendaries, and wasn't a total retard.

So pratically, it's a Don Battle Tournament with the "Unova League" title slapped onto the name.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

The Unova league was simply disappointing. Ash's team was not ready and if we are comparing this to his past leagues, to me this could be possible one of his worse.

Why you got to insult the Don Battles like that??
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Not gonna lie, i've just rewatched this League and I actually do really enjoy it now.

The League overall is still the worst, but Ash vs Trip and Cameron were ace battles and stand out in the anime imo, especially Pikachu vs Lucario, that's incredible, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Not gonna lie, i've just rewatched this League and I actually do really enjoy it now.

The League overall is still the worst, but Ash vs Trip and Cameron were ace battles and stand out in the anime imo, especially Pikachu vs Lucario, that's incredible, love it.
    As stand alone battles is was OK. The problem is this was a league. This is the climax of an entire region that everything Ash, his Pokemon team and his rivals built toward all saga.

Instead of feeling like some epic conclusion, it felt like some random non-important tournament. And to actually have Ash regress by getting a worse rank than before is disturbing. Its almost like the writers are flat out telling us they made Ash into a terrible trainer again.

As stand alone battles is was OK. The problem is this was a league. This is the climax of an entire region that everything Ash, his Pokemon team and his rivals built toward all saga.

Instead of feeling like some epic conclusion, it felt like some random non-important tournament. And to actually have Ash regress by getting a worse rank than before is disturbing. Its almost like the writers are flat out telling us they made Ash into a terrible trainer again.
    Maybe since we had 3 tournaments prior to the Unova League, it gave the writers an excuse to not make the league as epic as it could be.

As for the regression...I don't think most would disagree with Ash getting top 8. That's pretty much what he deserved.

To reiterate, I don't simply dislike the Unova League because Ash lost to Cameron, although that is part of it. It seems like most people are generalizing and saying that there are only complaints about that match and everything else was perfect, when that's far from the truth. I hated that Trip and Bianca were tossed out quickly, especially the former. I also disliked how glorified the evolved Pokemon were, although I did predict that it would turn out like that, but it still sucks. I also disliked the Axew episode (aka, the worst filler ever) for reasons I've outlined in the official thread for said episode. So yeah, I'm not just bitter because Ash lost. There's more to my frustration than a petty grudge against Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Maybe since we had 3 tournaments prior to the Unova League, it gave the writers an excuse to not make the league as epic as it could be.

As for the regression...I don't think most would disagree with Ash getting top 8. That's pretty much what he deserved.
    Not really, Ash could have easily beaten Kotetsu if it wasn't for stupidness of the writers.

Losing in Top 4 to Virgil would have been fine.

As for my actual rankings:

1- Johto: Every single match was taken seriously, everyone put up a fight.
    2- Kanto: Almost as good, although Richie was not the best choice for Ash's final opponent. I didn't mind Charizard sleeping all that much (it was disappointing, but at least realistic).
    3- Hoenn: Had variety, and all strong opponents.
    4- Sinnoh: Might have been 2 or 3 if not for Tobias. As bad as this was, it wasn't as bad as...
    5- Unova: Ash vs Trip was anticlimactic, Ash vs Stephan was good, Ash vs Kotetsu was all sorts of BS. I probably would have been mad if he lost to Virgil, but not as mad as if he lost to Cameron.

This is my rank for league. What im hoping for is that Ash win next league or he losses to a female trainer in the finals and wins the league after that. That's why unova has 6/7 don't know yet which place it got could have even worse depending on how many league's there will be But I hope there's only 1 or 2 more so we can start to see Matches between Ash and elite four n champions more

1.) Sinnoh
    2.) Johto
    3.) Kanto
    4.) Hoenn

6/7.) Unova most disappointing is that he go to place 8 only. im so tired of 8 now.
    Last edited by sgtsnus; 14th January 2013 at 10:13 AM.
    Define the king that you feel you must protect

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsnus View Post
    This is my rank for league. What im hoping for is that Ash win next league or he losses to a female trainer in the finals and wins the league after that. That's why unova has 6/7 don't know yet which place it got could have even worse depending on how many league's there will be But I hope there's only 1 or 2 more so we can start to see Matches between Ash and elite four n champions more

1.) Sinnoh
    2.) Johto
    3.) Kanto
    4.) Hoenn

6/7.) Unova most disappointing is that he go to place 8 only. im so tired of 8 now.
    What happened to 5 lol??

5 will be next league ^^ ( but it could get some other place)

5 will be next league ^^ ( but it could get some other place)
    Lol how could a league that hasn't happened already be better then the Unova league??

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol how could a league that hasn't happened already be better then the Unova league??
    because unova was so disappointing that I feel like other leagues can't be worse now. most battles was pretty bad and short (I know some other league can be worse but I hope for better).
    but we can say unova has number 5 now for me then^^

because unova was so disappointing that I feel like other leagues can't be worse now. most battles was pretty bad and short (I know some other league can be worse but I hope for better).
    but we can say unova has number 5 now for me then^^
    Why do you hate the Hoenn league so much??

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Why do you hate the Hoenn league so much??
    Lanturn uses Mimic, Lanturn copied 1rkhachatryan's Convince!

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    As for my actual rankings:

1- Johto: Every single match was taken seriously, everyone put up a fight.
    2- Kanto: Almost as good, although Richie was not the best choice for Ash's final opponent. I didn't mind Charizard sleeping all that much (it was disappointing, but at least realistic).
    3- Hoenn: Had variety, and all strong opponents.
    4- Sinnoh: Might have been 2 or 3 if not for Tobias. As bad as this was, it wasn't as bad as...
    5- Unova: Ash vs Trip was anticlimactic, Ash vs Stephan was good, Ash vs Kotetsu was all sorts of BS. I probably would have been mad if he lost to Virgil, but not as mad as if he lost to Cameron.
    Why do you hate the Sinnoh League so much?

*cough* People are entitled to their own opinions, though Kanto being so high up is weird... Anyways, but that's just me.

*Voice from my heart* Genwunnnneeeerr!

just kidding

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Easily The worst league. With Johto and Sinnoh tied for first. Hoenn only closely behind them and Kanto being the lowest due to it being the first league and the writers not having much experience. But Unova was easily as bad as it, which really isn't acceptable writing when you think about it.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast