Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: How would you rank the Unova league in comparison with past leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Swanna did kind of soften up Pikachu for Lucario so I can't say it was completely useless, but I see what you mean.
    Eh, Swanna got one hit in, from the short little flashback in the episode Stephan had...it was made clear that Samurott was more of a big player in Pikachu's supposed fatigue. Kotetsu's could really have still won this battle only using three Pokemon.

Here is my official rankings of the Leagues:

1)Johto: I still think this one is the best. Probably because it was the most nostalgic to me. I really loved the format where 3 trainers on each block and only one from each block could move on to the finals. I thought the battles with Jackson and Macy were good and I remember thoroughly enjoying the story arc they gave to Macy. Of course, this League is most known for Ash vs Gary and while it may have not been as thrilling of a battle as Ash vs Paul. It was still ASH VS GARY. Gary was his original rival since episode 1 and now we finally get to see a full 6 vs 6 battle. Charizard came back for that match and we got to see Charizard vs Blastoise which was awesome. Snorlax did great as well and since those are 2 of my favorite Pokémon of Ash's, I was excited to see them do so well. Now that brings me to Harrison. Harrison has always been one of my favorite League rivals. Sure, he may not be the most interesting character in the world and people probably remember him more for his Blaziken than anything else but I honestly thought he was a cool character and an older brother to the group. He really played his part well and it felt like he actually deserved to beat Ash which I can't really say about Cameron or Ritchie who got lucky. The battle between them was great and Ash moved up a position. We also got to see some of the fan favorite Pokémon from the OS compete on Ash's team. And I love what they did with Ash and Gary's past and the Pokémon ball splitting in half. And Gary's decision to become a researcher was actually a pretty emotional moment for the series and you could tell it affected Ash that he wouldn't be able to compete in a League with Gary anymore.

2)Sinnoh- Sinnoh would come next for me. And I was debating between this and Kanto which would be second but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that Ash vs Paul alone was better than any battle in the Kanto League by far. I loved the strategy in it, it was intense and it had a satisfying conclusion when Infernape beat Electivire. This battle had so much going for it and that alone puts the Sinnoh League at number 2 for me. Ash vs Paul had been such a big rivalry during the season and seeing Ash finally beat Paul was awesome. But there were other great battles as well. Ash vs Conway was a nicely done battle. Conway has always been known as a strategic threat in Pokémon and seeing him finally get to battle Ash one on one was so cool. Ash vs Nando had a lot going for it and I really feel Nando got some nice development after his battle with Ash. And even Ash vs Tobias was a great battle despite Ash getting crushed. And even seeing Paul vs Barry was so cool. So yeah, the Ash vs Paul battle made this come in second but I highly would recommend the other battles as well. This was a great League. And I also loved the use of Ash's reserves.

3)Kanto- I know I am in the minority on this but I LOVED this League because I really feel like it wasn't only about the battles which I felt was often the case in many of the other Leagues. The first episode is about the Moltres Flame and its importance to the League and I thought it was a very well done episode and I felt it set the bar high for the rest of the League. How could you not remember classic battles like Kingler vs Mandy or Muk vs Bellsprout. They were so memorable and so fun to watch. I really liked how they showed what people do in the League outside of the battles like watch the parades, go to the restaurants, get attacked by TRio XD. There was so much to enjoy about this League. Seeing Gary lose early really developed him as a character. And the 3 part Ritchie arc was very emotional and we got to see Ash vs Ritchie and their friendship grow over time. Ash losing to Ritchie was highly emotional as well the closing ceremony. I felt Ash really grew in this arc and I think this arc really contributed him to training harder and realizing he had ways to go in the future. I think this helped him realize he needed to train more. While Ash vs Ritchie wasn't the best battle, I still feel like Ash got what he deserved. I think he was getting too confident and that led to his downfall. I love the format of the League, the Pokémon he used, the battle fields, some of his opponents were interesting. Great League.

4)Hoenn- I liked this League a lot also and the reason it is second to last on my list is that I don't find it as memorable as some of the others. Like I said, every League that came before this had something going for it. The Kanto League was the first, the Johto League had Ash vs Gary and the Sinnoh League had Ash vs Paul. This had a great format. We got a double battle and 3 full battles and I mean how awesome is that?! The battles for the most part were very good and seeing Ash only use his Hoenn Pokémon was really cool to see in my opinion. It showed how strong Ash was in Hoenn that he made it to the Top 8 without any reserves. His whole team got to shine and get at least one win. Tyson and his Meowth were interesting and great League winners. Morrison had his moments and worked well as a rival. I know people remember him for choosing not to battle Ash but to be honest, I liked his character and he was often hilarious. And Katie was a cool League opponent as well. Very strategic. So yeah, this League was good but it didn't stand out as much as the others for the reasons I listed.

5)Unova- I am sorry but when you have the main rival get eliminated early during the preliminaries and his main female rival get eliminated by someone who isn't Ash, you know you have a bad League. Everything has been said already of why this League was bad. Trip and Bianca were screwed over for Cameron who we had only met not too long ago, Cameron only brought 5 Pokémon to the full battle but he was still able to battle, Ash regressed, Virgil didn't get to battle Ash, only 4 of Ash's Pokémon got on screen wins. It was terrible.

The Unova League sucked... It was pretty bad.

It wasn't as bad as the Indigo League though, because I still think that one still takes the prize with its awful battles (with a slight exception for the one where Ash fought the girl on the Grass stage).

The battle Ash had with Trip was fine, but a 1 on 1? With the main rival? I never really cared for Trip especially much and didn't mind seeing him disappear, but still. Such a waste. Trip did have some really awesome Pokémon, and there we go, just throwing all of them into the bin. A full battle between Ash and Trip could've been awesome, but they completely ruined it. Trip's even wose than Gary, seriously.

Next I just have to say that I actually really enjoyed the rivals' battles that we got to see. They were very short, yes, but at least we got to see how they passed the preliminaries, which I despite the length really enjoyed. Besides, some battles weren't all that bad, like Vaporeon Vs. Crustle.

Now, the battle we had between Bianca and Cameron I personally really enjoyed. Being a huge fan of Bianca and liking Cameron too I'm being biased, but the battle definitely wasn't bad. I liked how Bianca kept spamming Iron Defense, because even though it was kinda boring and repetetive, it was still really effective and clever, and the battle between Emboar and Riolu was just awesome. Seeing Riolu bust Emboar as much as it did was pretty awesome. I really enjoyed this battle more than the one between Paul and Barry, but that shouldn't really be very surprising.

Ash Vs. Stephan was a great battle! Personally I haven't enjoyed a league 3 on 3 battle since Johto since I wasn't especially impressed by either Conway or Nando's battles, but this one was really great! It wasn't rushed, it wasnt the usual ''attack-attack-attack'' (even though there wasn't that much strategy in it) and it wasn't unrealistic. I thought it was kinda lame how all of Ash's Pokémon suddenly knew a new move, but that was just a minor disappointment. Sawk and Leavanny was great and definitely stood out more to me, but every battle we saw was great. Definitely the best battle in the Unova League.

And then we have Ash Vs. Cameron... Ugh. Do I really need to get on this one? Even though the battle itself wasn't all that horrible, as it recovered once Riolu finally came out and the battles finally became interesting with it going up against Unfezant, Snivy and Pikachu (not to mention that the Lucario Vs Pikachu battle was pretty awesome too!) I still really disliked how Ash lost to Cameron, AND how he lost despite having an advantage by one Pokémon more. What happened to Virgil? I was certain Ash was going to battle him, which I also was really looking forward to due to his awesome Eeveelution team, but surprisingly that wasn't at all the case.
    No. This battle just destroyed everything for me. There's really not much more for me to stay that haven't been mentioned...

So, yeah. I guess that sums up my views for the Unova League. Now, don't get me wrong, I definitely don't dislike the Best Wishes! saga, it's just the league that I'm really disappointed with. However, being completely honest I must say that only the Hoenn and the Johto League are the ones that actually have been successful leagues.

Sinnoh was OK I guess, since it had one of the most amazing battles ever, but that was the one and only battle that I really enjoyed in the league. The battles with Nando and Conway felt rushed as hell, and the battle Ash had with Tobias was just bad.

If I'd have to rank the leagues that we've seen as of yet, it'd be like this.

Hoenn > Johto > Sinnoh (far away from Johto, though) > Unova > Kanto

''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Here is my official rankings of the Leagues:

1)Johto: I still think this one is the best. Probably because it was the most nostalgic to me. I really loved the format where 3 trainers on each block and only one from each block could move on to the finals. I thought the battles with Jackson and Macy were good and I remember thoroughly enjoying the story arc they gave to Macy. Of course, this League is most known for Ash vs Gary and while it may have not been as thrilling of a battle as Ash vs Paul. It was still ASH VS GARY. Gary was his original rival since episode 1 and now we finally get to see a full 6 vs 6 battle. Charizard came back for that match and we got to see Charizard vs Blastoise which was awesome. Snorlax did great as well and since those are 2 of my favorite Pokémon of Ash's, I was excited to see them do so well. Now that brings me to Harrison. Harrison has always been one of my favorite League rivals. Sure, he may not be the most interesting character in the world and people probably remember him more for his Blaziken than anything else but I honestly thought he was a cool character and an older brother to the group. He really played his part well and it felt like he actually deserved to beat Ash which I can't really say about Cameron or Ritchie who got lucky. The battle between them was great and Ash moved up a position. We also got to see some of the fan favorite Pokémon from the OS compete on Ash's team. And I love what they did with Ash and Gary's past and the Pokémon ball splitting in half. And Gary's decision to become a researcher was actually a pretty emotional moment for the series and you could tell it affected Ash that he wouldn't be able to compete in a League with Gary anymore.

2)Sinnoh- Sinnoh would come next for me. And I was debating between this and Kanto which would be second but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that Ash vs Paul alone was better than any battle in the Kanto League by far. I loved the strategy in it, it was intense and it had a satisfying conclusion when Infernape beat Electivire. This battle had so much going for it and that alone puts the Sinnoh League at number 2 for me. Ash vs Paul had been such a big rivalry during the season and seeing Ash finally beat Paul was awesome. But there were other great battles as well. Ash vs Conway was a nicely done battle. Conway has always been known as a strategic threat in Pokémon and seeing him finally get to battle Ash one on one was so cool. Ash vs Nando had a lot going for it and I really feel Nando got some nice development after his battle with Ash. And even Ash vs Tobias was a great battle despite Ash getting crushed. And even seeing Paul vs Barry was so cool. So yeah, the Ash vs Paul battle made this come in second but I highly would recommend the other battles as well. This was a great League. And I also loved the use of Ash's reserves.

3)Kanto- I know I am in the minority on this but I LOVED this League because I really feel like it wasn't only about the battles which I felt was often the case in many of the other Leagues. The first episode is about the Moltres Flame and its importance to the League and I thought it was a very well done episode and I felt it set the bar high for the rest of the League. How could you not remember classic battles like Kingler vs Mandy or Muk vs Bellsprout. They were so memorable and so fun to watch. I really liked how they showed what people do in the League outside of the battles like watch the parades, go to the restaurants, get attacked by TRio XD. There was so much to enjoy about this League. Seeing Gary lose early really developed him as a character. And the 3 part Ritchie arc was very emotional and we got to see Ash vs Ritchie and their friendship grow over time. Ash losing to Ritchie was highly emotional as well the closing ceremony. I felt Ash really grew in this arc and I think this arc really contributed him to training harder and realizing he had ways to go in the future. I think this helped him realize he needed to train more. While Ash vs Ritchie wasn't the best battle, I still feel like Ash got what he deserved. I think he was getting too confident and that led to his downfall. I love the format of the League, the Pokémon he used, the battle fields, some of his opponents were interesting. Great League.

4)Hoenn- I liked this League a lot also and the reason it is second to last on my list is that I don't find it as memorable as some of the others. Like I said, every League that came before this had something going for it. The Kanto League was the first, the Johto League had Ash vs Gary and the Sinnoh League had Ash vs Paul. This had a great format. We got a double battle and 3 full battles and I mean how awesome is that?! The battles for the most part were very good and seeing Ash only use his Hoenn Pokémon was really cool to see in my opinion. It showed how strong Ash was in Hoenn that he made it to the Top 8 without any reserves. His whole team got to shine and get at least one win. Tyson and his Meowth were interesting and great League winners. Morrison had his moments and worked well as a rival. I know people remember him for choosing not to battle Ash but to be honest, I liked his character and he was often hilarious. And Katie was a cool League opponent as well. Very strategic. So yeah, this League was good but it didn't stand out as much as the others for the reasons I listed.

5)Unova- I am sorry but when you have the main rival get eliminated early during the preliminaries and his main female rival get eliminated by someone who isn't Ash, you know you have a bad League. Everything has been said already of why this League was bad. Trip and Bianca were screwed over for Cameron who we had only met not too long ago, Cameron only brought 5 Pokémon to the full battle but he was still able to battle, Ash regressed, Virgil didn't get to battle Ash, only 4 of Ash's Pokémon got on screen wins. It was terrible.
    :'( u made the Hoenn league sad.....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Ey hey hey!

I have a theory about why the league was "bad"

Because it wasn't BW's finale! It's Episode N! Episode N will serve as BW's league. :3
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    :'( u made the Hoenn league sad.....
    XD. Sorry. It's solid but I liked the other 3 more. At least I have it over the Unova League XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    XD. Sorry. It's solid but I liked the other 3 more. At least I have it over the Unova League XD
    Pft the Sinnoh league is so over rated. The Paul battle was boring and Tobias murdered any possibility of me liking it more.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Pft the Sinnoh league is so over rated. The Paul battle was boring and Tobias murdered any possibility of me liking it more.
    What was boring about it? And why didn't you like the Tobias battle? The show hypes up Legendaries, so for Ash to take down two with a team that didn't even consist of four of his powerhouses was quite amazing.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    What was boring about it? And why didn't you like the Tobias battle? The show hypes up Legendaries, so for Ash to take down two with a team that didn't even consist of four of his powerhouses was quite amazing.
    They could of made it a two on two with Gliscor and Infernape vs Electivire and Drapion and we would of had the same effect.

Oh pls, that battle was so DEM and filled with ******** that Spongebob got jealous.

The thing with this league was while it was interesting to eliminate the main rival early, it was poorly executed. There wasn't anyone left that could fill in the main rival/antagonist role since they were all too friendly. This caused the league not only to lose it's league feeling but made it look like a tournament of friends instead of the biggest tournament of the region. It also didn't help that they rushed the league and made Ash regress. The worst thing of Ash regressing was that this time he didn't lose to the league winner but instead the guy who got killed 3-0 to the actual league winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Gen 6 league should have no problems topping Unova League. xD
    No where to go but up I guess... at least let's hope so ^^;
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    No where to go but up I guess... at least let's hope so ^^;
    Or it could easily be just as bad. :P

All Paul's tactic seem so meanless after a scatterbrain get to Top 4 with nothing but pure power.
    0 out of 0 !

Okay, I guess it's time to see what I think about Unova's League. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'll give it a 6, cause all the battles were animated well, they were legitimate, and they weren't completely bad. Yet I don't like who ends up in certain positions. In comparison with the other leagues, here's how I think things stack up.

1) Sinnoh. By far, this was an incredible league. Not only did Ash finally beat Paul, but he took down two legendaries, and got up to the top 4. All the battles were played out incredibly well, and it was good that Ash's reserves got some much needed screentime, along with new moves from some of them.

2) Hoenn. This was definitely a good league as well. Though the only reason I ranked it lower was because Ash ended up at the Top 8, but that's beside the point. The random matchups were definitely a good choice to make for this league, not to mention, double battles were focused on a lot during this league. That's something I liked. The only thing I dislike about this league was the fact Pikachu lost to Meowth, but hey, that Meowth did put up a good fight, and I can't argue with that.

3) Johto. Ash beats Gary? Super. Ash loses to a guy with a 3rd gen Pokémon? Cool. Those battles were pretty good throughout, seeing as how they give Ash more of an oppurtunity to prove himself as a good trainer. However, this is middleground for me because it feels like there was so much in this league that we looked forward to, yet Ash placed in 8th, so this kind of ties with Hoenn's League, cause Ash finally moved up in the ranks.

4) Unova. Okay, I won't beat around the bush when I say this was an atrocious setback from Sinnoh. The battles were well animated and pretty cool. But it was so dang short! Not to mention, other than Ash VS Stephan and Bianca vs Cameron, all the battles were extremely fast paced. Another thing that completely ruined this league for me was Trip's defeat in the preliminaries! My god, did he really need to suffer a defeat like that?! (Well it was to Ash, but still, why?!) Oh, and don't even get me started on Ash and Cameron's battle. Other than the Lucario and Hydreigon matchups, every single match was at least less than a minute! Are, you, serious?! Oh, and let's not forget Cameron forgetting to bring a sixth Pokémon to a FULL BATTLE. My goodness, if Riolu didn't evolve, I would absolutely scream at Cameron for beating Ash. I also despised the league for not giving Unfezant a new move already. Gust, Quick Attack, Air Cutter, and Aerial Ace is not the perfect moveset for a league. It's no wonder she lost to Riolu so easily. The main reason I dislike the outcome of this league was the fact that Ash lost, and ended up in the Top 8. Oh well, there were some awesoome looking battles though, so it gets #4.

5) Kanto. Hey, it was the first league. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Ash ends up in the top 16. For a first time leaguer, that's not so bad. The fact is, he shouldn't have lost the way he did. The battles between all the other trainers up to fighting with Ritchie were really well played. They displayed Ash's powerful new Kingler, his Muk, and also showed how powerful Pikachu could be. The big downside this league has, is none other than that battle. Squirtle being called unable to battle due to sleeping?! The heck?! Charizard refusing to battle, disqualifying Ash?! *facepalms* Why did it turn out this way..... WHY?!

So yeah, there you have it. Sinnoh's the best, and Kanto's the worst. Unova places at 4th on this chart, so it's easy to see that this was not the league we liked the most. Still, I hope Gen 6 brings a league that can be equally good as Sinnoh was. Also, pardon my lack of information on some entries. I've seen only the full leagues for Kanto, Sinnoh, and Unova, so I don't know everything that happened.

P.S. @Vodor, You do realize if Cameron faced Paul of all people in a battle, he'd be creamed, even with his awesome Lucario.

Quote Originally Posted by NegaiFreak View Post
    Okay, I guess it's time to see what I think about Unova's League. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'll give it a 6, cause all the battles were animated well, they were legitimate, and they weren't completely bad. Yet I don't like who ends up in certain positions. In comparison with the other leagues, here's how I think things stack up.

1) Sinnoh. By far, this was an incredible league. Not only did Ash finally beat Paul, but he took down two legendaries, and got up to the top 4. All the battles were played out incredibly well, and it was good that Ash's reserves got some much needed screentime, along with new moves from some of them.

2) Hoenn. This was definitely a good league as well. Though the only reason I ranked it lower was because Ash ended up at the Top 8, but that's beside the point. The random matchups were definitely a good choice to make for this league, not to mention, double battles were focused on a lot during this league. That's something I liked. The only thing I dislike about this league was the fact Pikachu lost to Meowth, but hey, that Meowth did put up a good fight, and I can't argue with that.

3) Johto. Ash beats Gary? Super. Ash loses to a guy with a 3rd gen Pokémon? Cool. Those battles were pretty good throughout, seeing as how they give Ash more of an oppurtunity to prove himself as a good trainer. However, this is middleground for me because it feels like there was so much in this league that we looked forward to, yet Ash placed in 8th, so this kind of ties with Hoenn's League, cause Ash finally moved up in the ranks.

4) Unova. Okay, I won't beat around the bush when I say this was an atrocious setback from Sinnoh. The battles were well animated and pretty cool. But it was so dang short! Not to mention, other than Ash VS Stephan and Bianca vs Cameron, all the battles were extremely fast paced. Another thing that completely ruined this league for me was Trip's defeat in the preliminaries! My god, did he really need to suffer a defeat like that?! (Well it was to Ash, but still, why?!) Oh, and don't even get me started on Ash and Cameron's battle. Other than the Lucario and Hydreigon matchups, every single match was at least less than a minute! Are, you, serious?! Oh, and let's not forget Cameron forgetting to bring a sixth Pokémon to a FULL BATTLE. My goodness, if Riolu didn't evolve, I would absolutely scream at Cameron for beating Ash. I also despised the league for not giving Unfezant a new move already. Gust, Quick Attack, Air Cutter, and Aerial Ace is not the perfect moveset for a league. It's no wonder she lost to Riolu so easily. The main reason I dislike the outcome of this league was the fact that Ash lost, and ended up in the Top 8. Oh well, there were some awesoome looking battles though, so it gets #4.

5) Kanto. Hey, it was the first league. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Ash ends up in the top 16. For a first time leaguer, that's not so bad. The fact is, he shouldn't have lost the way he did. The battles between all the other trainers up to fighting with Ritchie were really well played. They displayed Ash's powerful new Kingler, his Muk, and also showed how powerful Pikachu could be. The big downside this league has, is none other than that battle. Squirtle being called unable to battle due to sleeping?! The heck?! Charizard refusing to battle, disqualifying Ash?! *facepalms* Why did it turn out this way..... WHY?!

So yeah, there you have it. Sinnoh's the best, and Kanto's the worst. Unova places at 4th on this chart, so it's easy to see that this was not the league we liked the most. Still, I hope Gen 6 brings a league that can be equally good as Sinnoh was. Also, pardon my lack of information on some entries. I've seen only the full leagues for Kanto, Sinnoh, and Unova, so I don't know everything that happened.

P.S. @Vodor, You do realize if Cameron faced Paul of all people in a battle, he'd be creamed, even with his awesome Lucario.
    How dare you insult Kanto by putting it below the crap we were just given :O

Hey, I don't mean to insult Kanto at all. At least Ash lost in a more fairer perspective than having to deal with his disobeying Charizard who refused to fight Ritchie's Pikachu.

It's my opinion, so you can't argue with me there.

Hey, I don't mean to insult Kanto at all. At least Ash lost in a more fairer perspective than having to deal with his disobeying Charizard who refused to fight Ritchie's Pikachu.

It's my opinion, so you can't argue with me there.
    Ya but then Ash was a rookie. It made sense for him to lose in a stupid way. 4 freaking leagues later and it feels like the other three league's didn't happen.

At least Ash's battle with Kotetsu was far more legitimate than Ash vs Ritchie.

And he placed higher than in Kanto.

But okay, I liked more Kanto League battles than Unova League battles (all but 1 for Kanto, and only 1 for Unova).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

chill. people are entitled to there opinions

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

But okay, I liked more Kanto League battles than Unova League battles (all but 1 for Kanto, and only 1 for Unova).
    Pft Kotetsu was more over powered then Paul was -_-.

Ash was a rookie then, it made perfect sense to lose in a really stupid way.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    chill. people are entitled to there opinions
    Thank you for defending me! I was afraid I'd have to send out my Bisharp...

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

It doesn't matter if he placed higher in Unova because he was a beginner in Kanto and reaching the top 16 was a big accomplishment. The Unova League had no accomplishments, most pokemon got outshone by Pikachu and Pignite proving rotation was meaningless because at the end the same ones were victorious, Ash's placement was worse and the battles were horrible. Kanto at least had good battles before the Ritchie mess. At least to me, Kanto is most definitely better than the disaster I witnessed in Best Wishes.

Thank you for defending me! I was afraid I'd have to send out my Bisharp...
    I wasn't attacking you lol. I was just surprised.

Pft Kotetsu was more over powered then Paul was -_-.

Ash was a rookie then, it made perfect sense to lose in a really stupid way.
    Kotetsu wasn't that overpowered, it was because Ash's team wasn't ready to get anything higher than the top 8 this gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I wasn't attacking you lol. I was just surprised.
    Based on Dax's response, I can see why. The Indigo League seemed far better than the Unova from the starting battles. Like dman_dustin said, Ash vs Cameron in the Unova League was at least more legitimate than Ash vs Ritchie in the Indigo League.

And don't worry, I only attack if something really irks me...

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast