Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: How would you rank the Unova league in comparison with past leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    It was also one of the more boring leagues because it was same Pokemon used constantly
    Speak for yourself. Seeing pokemon get what they deserve instead there always being some fall guys is much more interesting to me.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Kanto - Pretty much Pikachu, and Bulbasaur/Squirtle had starring roles. Well, this league was the introduction of a great franchise so hats off for it, some of the battles could have been executed better but past is past. Overall B-

Johto - The Charizard and the Snorlax show. Utter domination of these two guys. Charizard taking out 3 of Gary's pokemon by himself and Snorlax getting around 2 in the Gary fight. I forget how much Charizard took out vs. Harrison if he did though. Overall B+

Hoenn- I thought this league was properly handled considering these facts. Ash limited his resources and every opponent knew what he was using. Glalie/Grovyle were the one's that stood out to me the most. Overall B

Sinnoh- Hands down the best league of the series. Every pokemon ash has acquired pretty much got mentioned other than his released. Regarding the Paul fight, it was great action, great energy, good moment for Ash. Ash made it to the top 4 in pretty much his biggest match of his career. The Tobias fight was a bit of a downer considering he had 2 known legenderies. (Darkrai and Latios). I would have liked to see Gible evolve during that match cause that's when he was needed the most. Overall A

Unova- Well this league was really poorly structured. Could have made it a bigger league like around Johto's size. The Ash vs. Trip battle should have been switched with another opening bout, it was entertaining none the less. These two didn't go 6 on 6 through out the saga that was a downer. The best battle was Ash vs. Stephan not cause my favourite pokemon in his Unova team got the W, it was the fact that Ash's krookodile won with a huge type disadvantage.
    Let there be rock

My teams

1. Charizard, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Dragonite, Snorlax and Arcanine

2 Typhlosion, Houndoom, Scisor, Tyranitar, Umbreon and Espeon

3. Sceptile, Salamence, Absol, Flygon, Metagross and Milotic

4 Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Electivire, Lucario and Toxicroak

5. Samurott, Zoroark, Braviary, Krookodile, Hydreigon and Eelektross

white fc : 1592 - 4330 - 4426

As I haven't seen this thread before, I'll post my opinions:

5- Unova: Kotetsu only bringing 5 Pokemon and Ash still losing was rather dumb. I would have preferred Ash beat Kotetsu and he learn his lesson, and then have Ash lose to Virgil. I rather really liked VS Stephan. It was a nice battle- new moves and all. Trip's battle was just flat out awful...

4- Kanto: Oh, it's been a while... I need to rewatch these episodes. xD Squirtle being considered beaten by being put to sleep was a major turn-off. I didn't not like this league, but others were just better, in my honest opinion.

3- Johto: This league was rather good. The infamous Blaziken VS Charizard was great. Harrison had a good battle regardless. Macy (I think that was her name) was interesting enough. So, yeah. Nothing over or underwhelming here.

2-Hoenn: This league was amazing. Glalie got good treatment which was great. The thing needed it. VS Katie (was that her name?) was probably my favorite battle. xD

1- Sinnoh: I only say this because Sinnoh was the region that really got me into Pokemon, and thus holds a special place in my heart. Paul's battle was great and all- three episodes was a little much. I really, really liked Froslass in this battle. Gliscor was also amazing. Paul VS Barry was kind of boring, albeit. VS Conway was probably my favorite battle. :3 I love Dusknoir, Donphan, Lickilicky, and Noctowl, so it was awesome.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Speak for yourself. Seeing pokemon get what they deserve instead there always being some fall guys is much more interesting to me.
    Not saying it's bad... but it got pretty damn repetitive that Swellow was taking down everything in it's path only tiring after winning a match or two.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Not saying it's bad... but it got pretty damn repetitive that Swellow was taking down everything in it's path only tiring after winning a match or two.
    You better have felt the same way every other time a pokemon did that -_-.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Really I thought Unova is better then Kanto and Sinnoh by a long shot

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    Absolutely and unequivocally the worst league ever.

After how much thought and effort went into making Sinnoh great, they then insult us with this tripe? It's pathetic that this was allowed out of the office. Awful in so many ways; terrible rivals, mediocre battles, Ash actually REGRESSING.

In fact thays what makes me the most angry. Ash going from winning his greatest ever victory (over Paul) and giving Tobias a little bit of trouble, making the semi-finals in the process, to a meek
    loss to some idiot in the quarters.

This is the worst league because of the dangerous precedent it sets. Why can't Ash lose in the last 16 of Gen 6 now? Why can't he continue for the next four leagues, the next 10 leagues, to just bounce between top 8 and top 4? There is now no guarantee thay Ash will progress, so is there even a point in watching now?

Actually, screw it. I'm declaring Best Wishes non-canon. Except for Krook. He can stay. But yeah.

I'd go as far as to say that this league was even worse than things like Thunder Armour ane Ash vs. Ritchie. It sets a precedent that essentially ruins a major point of the show, which is disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Kanto was forgivable because it was the first. But now we know they CAN do a great league, to try and peddle this trash is nothing more than an insult.
    Really Unova legede is like a combo of Hoeenn and Kanto

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Oh God. I didn't feel that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Unova League felt closer to Kanto, than it did to any other league IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Oh God. I didn't feel that at all.
    What do you mean. Ash was using his Pokemon that he cause use the Pokemon in the Unova that why I felt that like that and some Pokemon were really likeable

There is only so much Corphish and Swellow and Grovyle one can take. The 2 that I was actually interested in, AKA Torkoal and Glalie got shafted in the league and then ditched afterwards. Glalie has yet to return outside of a 3 second cameo in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    There is only so much Corphish and Swellow and Grovyle one can take. The 2 that I was actually interested in, AKA Torkoal and Glalie got shafted in the league and then ditched afterwards. Glalie has yet to return outside of a 3 second cameo in DP.
    No Torkoal was shafted(and not by much). Glalie was treated pretty well lol.

No Torkoal was shafted(and not by much). Glalie was treated pretty well lol.
    It wouldn't have killed the writers to give most of the glory to those 2 considering Ash oaked them promptly afterwards.

2 of Glalie's wins were ties.
    Torkoal got 1 win.

The big 3 hogged most of the wins.

Here is my opinions:

5: Kanto: Rules were lame and it was BORING...
    4: Unova: Ash and Trip's battle was first not really that exciting and Ash lost by a fluke
    3: Hoenn: Possibly the most interesting league, but there were no major rivalies (if only Brendan was a rival for Ash)
    2: Johto: Ash vs. Gary was epic and Charizard vs. Blaziken was also epic
    1: Sinnoh: BEST... LEAGUE... EVER!!!

Kanto -Indigo Conference- was cr*p, nothing to add here...
    johto -Silver conference- was great, ash vs gary was THE battle everyone waited all these years for and Ash vs Harrison was also a great battle to watch.
    Hoen -Ever Grande Conference- was great, ash had really matured and it was very noticable, he got a new and not yet fully-develloped team and ranked pretty high.
    Sinnoh -Lily of the Valley Conference- league was also fun to watch, and the battle vs conway made me lol, the one vs Paul was a good all-out battle & ash would have won the league if not for trolbias. All this while using only his sinnoh-team.
    Unova... -Higaki Conference- was just sad.

Ash's main rival losing early in Unova kinda was a give away that he wouldn't have lasted as long as before. The longer his main rival lasts in the tournament the more likely he is to advance in ranking.

5: Kanto: 2/5
    4: Unova: 2.5/5
    3: Hoenn: 3/5
    2: Johto: 3.5/5
    1: Sinnoh: 4.5/5 except stupid illegal Tobias.

Hi just new here. I kinda registered because I wanted to know how other fans thought about the Unova League. So here is my list. Let me know what you think about it.

1 Johto League. Great league, with good characters and rivals. Even cotd were good, like Macey and Jackson. The battles had lots of tactics in it and Ash came up with great stuff like heatin up the battlefield, totodile catching sneasel in his jaws etc. Starring roles for bulbasaur and squirtle were awesome, ood use of reserves. Great League.

2 Sinnoh. Awesome battles with great tactics from both Ash and Paul. This league -actually the whole saga- shows us really what the function is of a trainer. It shows us that a Barry who screams 5 times 'dodge' doesn't stand a change against a trainer like Paul. Paul was also the person who maked this whole saga so epic. He was one awesome rival. He really made Ash grow as a character. I really liked their final battle and the usage of Ash his reserves, with an epic noctowl and heracross. Dissapointement was Tobias, who just showed up out of nowhere with almost unbeatable pokemon. At least he didn't make it seem Ash was a loser, but i rather see a trainer beating Ash with a legit team. Tobias fell like a cheap way to make Ash lose the league. That's why Sinnoh is second from me.

3 Also a great league. But some little dissapointments for me. Like no reserves - althoug the battle frontier made up for that- , Morrison not wanting to battle Ash, that was so lame. And how some pokemon were Ko'd. Sometimes it felt rushed, like corphish vs hariyama. But overall great battles and a really strong Swellow. The swellow vs scizor battle was awesome.

4 Indigo League. Although I didn't like the Ash vs Ritchie battle foor obvious reasons. I mean come on, they wanted to give the bast battle ever, I think it was not even an average battle. But it was still the first league and had some great moments. Like the kingler battle (I still miss him), Muk smothering bellsprout. Even this league had some great battles with tactics like pikachu vs arcanine.

5 Unova league. This was in my opinion the worst league ever. It did't even feel like a league. It had hardly any more episodes than a battle tournament. There was no mr goodshow, no shots of family and friends cheering for ash even Alder was absent. It felt like a small tournament. And the total devaluation of ash became even more painfull during this league. I didn't like Trip, so I didn't mind he was immediately eliminated. The writers overpowered him and his snake, what was totally unrealistic, he never looked like a real rival. He and Ash never had any reasons to be rivals. They didn't like each others, but they didn't disagree on training and pokemon, like Ash did with Gary and Paul. A totally trite, overpowerd, not inceremental character. But to the point: Ash didn't even came up with some sort of strategy to defeat him, even though Trip was defeated he still fell like the stronger trainer and Ash just got luck. I did like however the Stephan battle. But the battle vs Cameron was patethic. It lacked any kind of strategy. It was just random attack.. dodge, random attack dodge. even the simpelest kind of holding on to a pokemon, taken a hit to deliver a bigger one. It was a total decline of the show. Tell me why should strong pokemon like those of cameron obey to him? He has been shown no added value to his pokemon as trainer. WHich makes the total idea of pokemon trainers irrelevant. I do'nt even want to start about just bringing 5 pokemon and sending swanna against pikachu and ferrothorn aginst pignite.

Than how Ash handled the loss; he has been talking about becoming a pokemonmaster the whole show. Than the opputiny comes, he gets kicked out by an idiot wit the lowest IQ in pokemon history. Than he takes the loss with a smile and is like next time better. He should at least be deteerd by his loss, ike he was deterred after losing to paul, brandon, roark etc. It feels like he didn't learn anything from his loss.
    Well that's enough for today, I would like to know if you other forummers agree with me of if I'm to harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Ash losing to a guy with an IQ of a rock was depressing enough.
    That's just plain offensive to rocks.

1. Sinnoh. Now I'm going to have disagreement here, but I thought it was generally well done. The Rivals had brains, startegized and actually trained (three things cretain characgter's didn't have in Unove), but a three parter 6v6 (the only one to date) was amazing, especially since it showed that both Ash and Paul had done enough work to their Pokémon to make battling on the stage worthwhile. Nando I haven't seen yet (lol), Conway was the strategizing creep like always (yup), but Barry's loss not against Ash but Paul was a bit depressing.

2. Johto. Ok, I liked this one because of three persons in the League who were competent. Harrison, Gary, and Macy. Harrison for appearing pre League, despite clearly being amde solely for the League, and the fact he´s from LittleRoot, and owns a Blaziken. Plus his battle against Ash was great IMO, as Pikachu wasn´t spotlighted too much, and won againjst Ash. Gary because, well, he finally battled Ash. and Macy for being able to defeat Jackson despite insane type advantage, and the fact that if Ash didn´t Tie with Jackson, she would´ve gone up to the Top 16. GRRR
    But... Don't mention Jackson.

3. Hoenn. Ok, I must admit, having two Rivals was dissapointing. But nonetheless, Morrison and Tyson were decent Rivals, and Tyson gave a good fight against Ash. Morrison losing his Girafarig like that is just, ehh... (But who uses Girafarig anyway) but anyway, this is the highest Ash has gone so eh, it's good.

4. Kanto. I thought it was good, until Ash decided to flop out against Richie. Gary falling short was a semigood plot twist.

I´ll Edit later.

PS, when is the new Battle Club coming? All I´ve seen is Ash randomly battling Kotetsu and Stephan.
    Last edited by dirkac; 24th January 2013 at 5:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    PS, when is the new Battle Club coming? All I´ve seen is Ash randomly battling Kotetsu and Stephan.
    There's anpther battle club coming up? First i have heard of it.

Or do you mean the when the dub of the Unova league will air?

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    There's anpther battle club coming up? First i have heard of it.

Or do you mean the when the dub of the Unova league will air?
    Huh? No. I was reffering to the League, which I think failed in comparison to stuff like Johto, so I don't think it even deserves to be a Club Battle.

Johto,Hoenn and Sinnoh all had 4 episodes set aside for full battles.

It was the worse because of how rushed it was. Trip vs Ash was only 1v1 which was REALLY bad and the Cameron vs Ash was not that good. It almost felt like they were doing the league just because they had to. It did not really feel like a big tournament event like the other regions were
    Johto>Sinnoh> Kanto >Hoenn> Unova

It just occurred to me today that Ash regressed for the first time ever, yet he trained for 3 months under the care of a Champion.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I didn't like how ash lost to an idiot like Cameron, but it showed how much ash has to learn. If Cameron beat ash with one less pokemon, then he sadly is clearly a much better trainer than ash

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617