Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you rank the Unova league in comparison with past leagues?

Well, that's it. Unova just ranks a bit tad higher than the worse league that was Kanto.

He does seem weaker than for example Sinnoh or even Hoenn. I don't know if that's because a lot of his pokémon aren't fully evolved or because the saga itself was kinda weak.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    He does seem weaker than for example Sinnoh or even Hoenn. I don't know if that's because a lot of his pokémon aren't fully evolved or because the saga itself was kinda weak.
    I think its also because a lot of his Unova Pokemon didn't get a single win. Pikachu carried the league almost all by itself.

1. Sinnoh.
    I loved all the battles. Even the battles vs. Nando and Conway were animated beautifully and packed with action. His battle vs. Paul is one of my favorite battles of all time and I also enjoyed his battle vs. Tobias a lot. I also liked that it weren't just your average battles, but that Conway for example really used tactics with Trick Room etc., it made everything a whole lot more interesting.

2. Johto.
    I also like this one probably because of nostalgia, but Ash vs. Gary alone was more entertaining than the entire Unova league. Ash vs. Harrison was also a good match, especially back then when Blaziken showed up for the first time.

3. Hoenn.
    tbh I wasn't really a fan of Ash only using his Hoenn pokémon and that Meowth in boots just annoyed me. Other than that I liked the battles vs. Tyson and Morrison. Glalie was a boss.

4. Kanto.
    I love it because of nostalgia. It was the first league and just watching it again it's awesome. However in terms of battles etc. you can't really compare it to the more recent leagues.

5. Unova.
    Weak in every single way. The fact that Trip was kicked out in the first round and that he didn't even got to battle Bianca is really lame. Also his battle vs. Stephan wasn't spectacular, it was still good, but more on the level of Ash vs. Nando and I don't even wanna talk about Cameron and Virgil because they shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think its also because a lot of his Unova Pokemon didn't get a single win. Pikachu carried the league almost all by itself.
    Right. Only Pignite, Pikachu, Krookodile and Scraggy got a win. It's crazy considering how many pokémon he has. I think a lot of people (including myself) were expecting a league as good as the Sinnoh League when it comes to battles, but all got disappointed. Let's hope the writers will redeem themselves in the XY-saga.

Pignite, Krook & Pikachu carry the league. The others were trashed :

Scraggy gets a offscreen win.
    Palpitoad gets a tie (against a Zebtriska with FOUR NORMAL MOVES), so not so good.
    Leavanny deserves to win against Sawk
    Oshawott, Boldore, Unfeazant were humiliated (especially Unfeazant ... Losing against a Small Fighting type)
    Snivy was decent against Riolu/Lucario ...

The league isn't as bad people are making it out to be the only real bad things about the league were the filler episode and Cameron albid the Cameron battle brought it down alot.
    For my favourites in order are
    1. Johto
    2. Sinnoh
    3. Hoenn
    4. Kanto
    5. Unova
    Yes I did put Unova last only because for me Kingler sweeping a league opponet was just so Boss I couldn't have the Kanto league last.
    and for the people who are complaining about Ash getting top 8 well what did you expect he used only his unova pokemon plus Pikachu. It's better that he lost in an ok battle than OHKO sleep powder *looks at Indigo league* and a disobedient pokemon so stop complaining the writers could've made it worse and have him lose to a magikarp OUT OF WATER.

The worst league is the Unova. eriously, do the writers even care what fans like. What if noone sees pokemon by being obsessed with bd Ash? C'mon writers, its we who watch the anime. So, do sth that we want. Hopefully, Pokemon X and Y will be the best among all. (Fingers crossed)
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokechamp95 View Post
    The league isn't as bad people are making it out to be the only real bad things about the league were the filler episode and Cameron albid the Cameron battle brought it down alot.
    The only opportunity to ruin the league they missed was having TR interrupt a battle. Terrible team for Ash, Terrible division of wins, Terrible writing of the battles, Terrible filler in the middle of the league, Terrible loss to Cameron, Terrible treatment of rivals etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    If I was Ash mother I be so a shamed of him now we know why his father left he could not bear the thought such a fail was his one and only blood son.
    What are you on about!? Professor Oak has Gary as a grandson so must have another child, which might or night be a son!

There is no point being ashamed of a character, its not Ash's fault the writers couldn't be asked to bother this saga. I genuinely believe they should be sacked, at least whoever came up with the stupid ideas they churned out this time. If someone does a bad job, they get sacked. Simple.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

I don't normally comment on here much anymore, just lurk, however I feel like I need to vent the utter frustration and disappointment I feel from this league. While I have really enjoyed BW as a series with few genuine complaints I was feeling particularly confident that we would see an epic league, especially after seeing some of the great battles we had witnessed in the tournaments and the fact that it was looking like Ash was building up a large team specifically for the league, but no, instead we got the worst thing in possibly Pokemon history.

Here's a list of 5 reasons in no particular order why it was so bad...
    1. Ash has 10 Pokemon, yet only 5 got onscreen wins and 1 of them was a tie. That's disgraceful, I thought the whole reason the reserves existed was to dominate the league NOT becoming punching bags. But then even 2 out of the 3 starters got nothing! What was going on?
    2. In conjunction with point number 1, Pikachu got far to many battles. Pignite and Krookodile fair enough, but did Pikachu really need 4 battles and 3 wins? While I like the rat it got its redemption vs. Serperior, it needed nothing extra. It could have swapped its other two wins with Snivy then lost to Lucario after it evolved battling him instead.
    3. What was the point in that filler? While it was a fun episode what was its purpose? Whoever decided to make that episode needs to be fired them 22minutes could have been used to show another 3 vs. 3 with Boldore and Oshawotts time to shine, instead we had to watch Axew chasing a balloon and getting stuck between fat people, I'd rather have watched TR selling popcorn.
    4. Hardy any battles! While I thought Ash vs. Nando was bad for being skipped over in DP atleast we got to see the brunt of it. In this league half the fights where static images, Ash never even got to win a full 6 vs 6 and technically it was not even 6 vs. 6 it was 6 vs. 5. If he had a 6th Unfezant could have got a win, he could of had an Eletrik or a Klang!
    5. Ash should have battled Virgil, seriously if you want to promote Eeevee and its family then how about you actually show them onscreen with their own episode in a decent fight vs. the shows star, Oshawott vs Eevee come on marketing wake up! Poor Leafeon did nothing. If we reappears that a slight redemption, however a battle should still have happened here.

Now 5 reasons why it was good...
    1. Ash vs. Stephan
    2. I got nothing?
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 10th January 2013 at 5:06 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

One thing I dont understand, Infernape gets 3 wins in a single battle and no one complains, Pikachu gets 3 which weren't all in the same match and people complain. Pikachu is Ashs strongest along-side Charizard, and it would been really reall really stupid for it to lose to Kotetsu's Lucario without beating anything else and getting tired. Then people would complain in the same manner as to when Pikachu lost to Trips Snivy in their first battle.

But still, how the **** does Ash lose to Kotetsu in a 5 vs. 6? First the Poison gym ********, and then this.
    How could Kotetsu's Lucario beat 3 of Ashs Pokémon?
    Last edited by Hilda; 10th January 2013 at 5:04 PM.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun
    The only opportunity to ruin the league they missed was having TR interrupt a battle. Terrible team for Ash, Terrible division of wins, Terrible writing of the battles, Terrible filler in the middle of the league, Terrible loss to Cameron, Terrible treatment of rivals etc
    When you put it that way the Kanto league seems just as bad if not worse I mean TR interupted the league Gary got poor treatment besides the Kingler battle they weren't all that great : / and IIRC it also had a pointless filler and a terrible final battle

Quote Originally Posted by pokechamp95 View Post
    When you put it that way the Kanto league seems just as bad if not worse I mean TR interupted the league Gary got poor treatment besides the Kingler battle they weren't all that great : / and IIRC it also had a pointless filler and a terrible final battle
    Fair point there, but I still enjoyed some of the battles, probably all of them but Ritchie; Kingler's match, Muk and Bulbasaur's match. I only enjoyed one of the three battles Ash had in the Unova league.

()
    In Training:
    Released:

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    One thing I dont understand, Infernape gets 3 wins in a single battle and no one complains, Pikachu gets 3 which weren't all in the same match and people complain. Pikachu is Ashs strongest along-side Charizard, and it would been really reall really stupid for it to lose to Kotetsu's Lucario without beating anything else and getting tired. Then people would complain in the same manner as to when Pikachu lost to Trips Snivy in their first battle.

But still, how the **** does Ash lose to Kotetsu in a 5 vs. 6? First the Poison gym ********, and then this.
    People did and still do complain. Torterra should have beaten Ninjask to show that speed isn't everything!
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

To be fair, people did complain a little about Inferape decimating in that battle while Torterra went down so quickly. And Pikachu defeating a Samurott and Swanna is just silly when there are pokemon on Ash's team (like Snivy) who could have realistically had those wins.

Actually, people tend to complain a lot about Infernape, that hogged a lot during the match vs Paul and during the gyms. However, during the Sinnoh League various Pokemon had left their marks, while in this League only Pikachu, Pignite and Krookodile have remarkable wins (I'm not counting Scraggy, since we saw only a segment, and Palpitoad, since he tied). Pikachu is basically confirmed to go to the next region (due to his mascot status), so it would have been better if the Unova team shined a bit more.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Actually, people tend to complain a lot about Infernape, that hogged a lot during the match vs Paul and during the gyms. However, during the Sinnoh League various Pokemon had left their marks, while in this League only Pikachu, Pignite and Krookodile have remarkable wins (I'm not counting Scraggy, since we saw only a segment, and Palpitoad, since he tied). Pikachu is basically confirmed to go to the next region (due to his mascot status), so it would have been better if the Unova team shined a bit more.
    Exactly! Pikachu will ALWAYS be here, so why should those only around for 3 or 4 years be royally screwed over for the one Pokemon GUARANTEED to be be permanently on the team!?

I agree also that Infernape's wins were way too excessive. I complained at the time as well. Torterra should indeed have had one of the wins. However, its better a regional Pokemon hogs and then goes into the reserve group after its region/saga than Pikachu to hog when it will NEVER be in the reserve group!

()
    In Training:
    Released:

I'm definitely in the minority here but I liked the unova league. it had its problems (like every league had) and I do wish it was an episode or 2 longer so they could of shown all Ashs battles but I'm not gonna bother complaining about it. I took the league for what it was and enjoyed it

Unova was one of the worst leagues..

I find it a bit insulting that this wasn't such a good league being based on the games' representation of the U.S...

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective
    I'm definitely in the minority here but I liked the unova league. it had its problems (like every league had) and I do wish it was an episode or 2 longer so they could of shown all Ashs battles but I'm not gonna bother complaining about it. I took the league for what it was and enjoyed it
    I'm glad someone else is giving the Unova league credit and see that it had potential to be a good league that filler and cameron batltle brought it down Q.Q

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    1. Ash has 10 Pokemon, yet only 5 got onscreen wins and 1 of them was a tie. That's disgraceful, I thought the whole reason the reserves existed was to dominate the league NOT becoming punching bags. But then even 2 out of the 3 starters got nothing! What was going on?
    This.

2. In conjunction with point number 1, Pikachu got far to many battles. Pignite and Krookodile fair enough, but did Pikachu really need 4 battles and 3 wins? While I like the rat it got its redemption vs. Serperior, it needed nothing extra. It could have swapped its other two wins with Snivy then lost to Lucario after it evolved battling him instead.
    No Pikachu didn't need all those battles. It's bad enough we get to see it every region, so I wonder who thought to over glorify the little rat in Unova when Ash has so many other pokemon he could have used.

3. What was the point in that filler? While it was a fun episode what was its purpose? Whoever decided to make that episode needs to be fired them 22minutes could have been used to show another 3 vs. 3 with Boldore and Oshawotts time to shine, instead we had to watch Axew chasing a balloon and getting stuck between fat people, I'd rather have watched TR selling popcorn.
    Agreed. I was hoping to see Oshawott in action in this league instead he's sleeping near a garbage can. This series was the one of strangest.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 10th January 2013 at 5:53 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

Pokemon League rankings:

1. Johto League (tie)
    1. Hoenn League (tie)
    3. Indigo League
    4. Sinnoh League
    5. Unova League

My favorite league battles:

1. Gary
    2. Katie
    3. Harrison
    4. Tyson
    5. Paul

Eh. It's as short and 'bad' as the Kanto League was. It's interesting that they made this arc pretty bad like the original one was, since this series is a throwback to Kanto in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Eh. It's as short and 'bad' as the Kanto League was. It's interesting that they made this arc pretty bad like the original one was, since this series is a throwback to Kanto in a lot of ways.
    What do you mean by saying the original series was "bad"? it was much entertaining than Unova, Sinnoh arcs, granted battles and all of that **** developed, but that like everything it came as time goes on, but the Kanto arc was still entertaining, I found the Indigo League to be great even if its battles were lackluster compared to today's standards.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast