Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you rank the Unova league in comparison with past leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Most people seem to hate it, too.
    I say we boycott the anime along with our Japanese brethen to force the writers into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    The thing is disqualifying Ash for what happened would be so B.S. If he didn't make it in time.

If any sport that existed that involved animals, and your animal was being kidnapped, I really don't think it's right to disqualify anyone for that.

Seeing as how that's an extreme extenuating circumstance, I understand that there is time factor, but for all anyone knew (I know this is for kids but still), Ash and Pikachu could've been lying somewhere dead or dying, and all anyone seemed to really care about was "No one's here battling Ritchie, oh well let's disqualify him and move on, we have better things to do." How about you pause the tournament and have everyone out looking for him. Seriously he's 10 years old. You don't just wait hours and hours hoping he shows up. Seriously that's one of the reasons I disliked the episode.

The battle however will always be the worst thing that happened to Pokémon, it can't even be called a battle. It's not like anything really fainted. Ritchie's Charmander only lost because it ran away from Charizard like a coward on top of falling asleep.

And Ritchie only won because Charizard refused to battle.

I've seen better rushed battles, that actually resemble battles.
    I am relay glad Ash did not win the first league it would be so hard to believe if he did, he was still to inexperienced and having him lose case his charizard refuse to fight was great on the writers part case his wins from the last fights he did were all on luck and you cant let that be your only thing win fighting in a league, so had he taken the time to train his charizard like he was supposed to do he would have done better but he did not thus he lost. every league after that tho he lost case the other trainer was a tad bit better or the writers made him relay stupid like in this current league were he lost to a guy who cant count to six.

For me:

Sinnoh league >> Johto >> Hoenn >> Unova = Kanto

The Unova League was good but the decisions they made, turned it into a shell of what it could have been. Eliminating the main rival in the first round is not right in any way. They skipped over two of Ash's battles and he lost in a 6 on 5 battle. The characters were good but they shouldn't have rushed it and should have made the recurring rivals last longer.

I'd say not good. Ash has lost five leagues now and his Pikachu has been the losing Pokémon three out of those five losses. Ash's performance this time around was even worse than his pervious one in Sinnoh. In Unova he accomplishes a rank of top 8 for the third time. At least in Sinnoh he made top 4. It just doesn't seem like Ash and Pikachu are going anywhere. And Pikachu... After all of those leagues he loses to a young Lucario. Worse yet, objectively Cameron should have been an inferior opponent. His Pokémon were surprisingly good, but Ash had participated in so many regional tournaments. Cameron is about the same age as Ash yet less experienced. I just feel that he should have done better. At least Ash's past losses were to trainers who were more experienced and mature than him. Ash and Pikachu losing to Cameron and his partner Pokémon Riolu/Lucario just shows how pointless rooting for this character is. Ash and Pikachu will only redeem themselves at the end of the franchise 30 years from now when there are over 3000 Pokémon, and not a day before.
    I'm Oshawott!
    And quite naturally I rock.
    Who are you?

...Let's be friends...
    5386-9386-3644

Horrible, just horrible. One thing is for sure, i'm not watching the anime anymore until the next league. One one of the worst set backs for Ashes characters and overall performance. I was expecting something great, but all in all i feel like this has been the worst saga for him. I don't even care what happens to him in the next region. So i will just keep up with summaries from here and out.

The World God Only knows

Does any one find it funny that the two pokemon he used that lost all the leagues to are Pikachu and Charizard his two strongest Pokemon. There is irony in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    For me:

Sinnoh league >> Johto >> Hoenn >> Unova = Kanto
    How was the Unova League anything like the Kanto League? This is a serious question by the way, because I honestly don't see any similarities at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    How was the Unova League anything like the Kanto League? This is a serious question by the way, because I honestly don't see any similarities at the moment.
    Their similarity is that they were both bad. Except Kanto had a reason, first season and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    -The ending flashback scene lolz

Unova could of been perfect, if they didnt rush it off, and went w/what Hoenn League did, which was bring out his full newly team, and have them battle 6v6 matches thru out. plus the animations behind the pokemon executing every move and trainers commanding was overboard. plus the victory over his main rival was not justified.
    ash losing to a Lucario, which he's already beaten one in Sinnoh.
    overall fukin disappointing.

Did they play any song when Ash had his flashback scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Did they play any song when Ash had his flashback scene?
    Yep, the extended version of Be An Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I know full well if Ash had made it on time he wouldn't have even considered Charizard, but personally if the writers dedicated the whole episode to the 3v3, i'd have still preferred Ash to risk using Charizard at the end and get disqualified. It's just so unique and effective if you ask me. It was his most important battle and to lose because a Pokemon was disobedient gives you the "wow what a shock" kind of factor.
    Disqualified usually means one side did something wrong.

In *Fake* wrestling you get disqualified if you used a weapon to "bash" you opponent in.

If he had to be disqualified for a match, then fine, let Team Rocket screw over Ash badly costing him even to battle. And then we'll have 30 episodes where Ash chases after Team Rocket, and beats the hell out of them (with and without his Pokémon), then that way they at least will never screw him over again, in that particular way.

Hmm, it's not entirely possible to send a search team though. Ash could have been absolutely anywhere in the world which could have taken weeks/months to find him. The League battles needed to keep moving forward so it does seem like a standard procedure to disqualify the opponent if he doesn't show.

I'm sure if we had a Football game about to begin and a player didn't show, the team would still carry on with another player making the replacement. No search team until after the game if at all.
    Glad to know even in the Pokémon world, they are horrible people.

Oh well, I guess matches are far more important that a person's life.

And we're not talking about in football where there are more players than what's allowed on the field for obvious reasons. We're talking about a 1 person sportsteam going missing.

And I'm not actually suggesting that everyone stop to look for him, but someone official like one of the officer Jenny's could've looked for him.

Squirtle and Pikachu vs Butterfree did exist, and Charmander vs Pikachu existed too.
    Yeah because sleeping counts as being knocked out.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

There is no comparisons, Unova league is clearly a joke for me, i don't want class this as a real league
    All other league are clearly best than this waste tournament.
    Trainers level (except virgil) are really weak, and ash is humiliated by the dumbest noob trainer of the region.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudynamite View Post
    Unova could of been perfect, if they didnt rush it off, and went w/what Hoenn League did, which was bring out his full newly team, and have them battle 6v6 matches thru out. plus the animations behind the pokemon executing every move and trainers commanding was overboard. plus the victory over his main rival was not justified.
    ash losing to a Lucario, which he's already beaten one in Sinnoh.
    overall fukin disappointing.
    He actually only tied with Lucario. He has never beaten a Lucario sadly. Ash's win over Trip seemed like a fluke. In this tournament Ash seemed like the 4-5th strongest competitor compared to how he was obviously the 2nd best back in Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    He actually only tied with Lucario. He has never beaten a Lucario sadly. Ash's win over Trip seemed like a fluke. In this tournament Ash seemed like the 4-5th strongest competitor compared to how he was obviously the 2nd best back in Sinnoh.
    How was it a fluke? Ash clearly thought of a good strategy that enabled him to win and Pikachu is his strongest Pokémon.

How was it a fluke? Ash clearly thought of a good strategy that enabled him to win and Pikachu is his strongest Pokémon.
    No it seemed like a fluke that he only had to face him in a one on one instead of a full battle.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    No it seemed like a fluke that he only had to face him in a one on one instead of a full battle.
    Oh, okay. Yeah, I agree with that. That was one of the many flaws of this League.

this league= ****ing terrible just the worst of them all

I definitely gotta agree with the people saying that this league was horrid. They gave Ash a variety of Pokemon throughout the region, giving us a chance to see battles that were even better than Hoenn even if he didn't use his Oaked Pokemon. And since for the first time since Johto Ash wasn't traveling with someone else who had a big competition, the writers were able to completely focus on Ash's big tournament but somehow, even with them not rushing like Sinnoh, getting rid of TR to avoid losing focus and not having any other competition to worry about, they managed to completely drop the ball on this league. While I know the phrase is that it's about the journey not the destination, the leagues are the purpose for the journey; the big show we all wait through a region for and yet this didn't get anywhere near the respect a league should have gotten. The tournament arcs through the region managed to get more respect at the end of the day. The writers really need to get their acts together with these leagues because their showings lately are seriously poor.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Oh, okay. Yeah, I agree with that. That was one of the many flaws of this League.
    What's worse is that I had hoped for Trip to battle using all his previous Pokemon; so we could see Unfezant, Jellicent, Chandelure and Vanilluxe. Sadly, all those Pokemon already got some big debuts. Or, on teams by significant characters (Gym Leaders, Bosses, Rivals, etc).

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I think what this League was also missing that I also felt was somewhat missing from Hoenn and even to an extent Kanto was that there wasn't that huge victory for Ash that made people rejoice and say, "He won! He actually won!" We got those moments in Johto and Sinnoh when Ash defeated Gary and Paul and that made those leagues worthwhile. That was missing here.

Worst. League. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! At least the Kanto league was semi interesting. I rank them like this:

Best:Hoenn
    Johto
    Sinnoh
    Kanto
    Worst: Unova
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

If Unova taught me anythings its to expect that the next saga will suck terribly and stick firmly to that

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast