Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: New Toonami Show Vote

  1. #1

    Default New Toonami Show Vote

    For anyone interested in Toonami, Aniplex has put up a poll asking which of their shows we'd be interested in seeing on Facebook. If you're interested, check it out before it expires:

    www.facebook.com/questions/598214373525845/

    Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    716

    Default

    How is everybody and their mamas NOT on Team Gurren at this point?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    As legit as a Shiny Reshiram
    Posts
    707

    Default

    I'd be curious if Oreimo aired, just because it's only subtitled. But I didn't vote for that.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Master View Post
    I'd be curious if Oreimo aired, just because it's only subtitled. But I didn't vote for that.
    It can happen, we had it airing on TV here in Australia late last year.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Veldime
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    I'm surprised that SAO isn't in the lead.

    But Fate/Zero and Magica Madoka are great

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
    How is everybody and their mamas NOT on Team Gurren at this point?
    "Dai Gurren. It's not Team Gurren, Team Dai Gurren." But no, I totally agree.

    Also, don't we already have a Toonami topic?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    "Dai Gurren. It's not Team Gurren, Team Dai Gurren." But no, I totally agree.

    Also, don't we already have a Toonami topic?
    I know it's Dai Gurren. I just like to say Team Gurren.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceFlonne View Post
    I'm surprised that SAO isn't in the lead.

    But Fate/Zero and Magica Madoka are great
    I'm not really surprised considering that Madoka seems to be the worst offender in sucking up the votes. It's honestly a shame because a lot of those are good anime, but so long as they're up against Madoka, they don't really stand a chance of getting on Toonami. Only one that's got a fighting chance is Fate/Zero but even then it's not gaining votes as fast.

    Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poke Master 7 View Post
    It's honestly a shame because a lot of those are good anime
    Because Madoka isn't a good anime or anything.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Because Madoka isn't a good anime or anything.
    Opinions and tastes.

    Don't have a facebook (and never will) so I can't see the poll, but the moment I saw Aniplex mentioned I knew the poll would be overrun Madoka, which is a given considering that show overruns everything.
    I can't honestly complain because I don't watch the new Toonami, mainly because it seems like it's being overrun by edgy, angsty shows. Madoka would be perfect for Adult Swim considering their staff seems to like trolling it's audience, what little doesn't already know of the show's notoriety.
    Are you a fan of Magical Girls?
    Share your love of Sailor Moon, Precure, Madoka Magica and all your favorite defenders of love and justice at Magical Girl Cafe!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    The current votes are

    Blue Exorcist - 152


    Fate/Zero - 519


    Madoka Magica - 524


    Sword Art Online - 213

    Magi - 55

    Oreimo - 34

    Vividred Operation - 22

    Blast of Tempest - 18

    Oreshura - 7

    Gurren Lagann - 276

    I'm actually surprised that F/Z has caught up to Madoka. If it does win, it should only be shown subbed. The dub is terrible.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Because Madoka isn't a good anime or anything.
    itt the concept of something being objectively good continues to exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The current votes are

    <jesus christ snip>

    I'm actually surprised that F/Z has caught up to Madoka. If it does win, it should only be shown subbed. The dub is terrible.
    Are you really surprised that something popular is doing well in a popularity poll? Because, honestly, it's exactly what I expected.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    When I originally posted the poll in the Toonami thread, Madoka was winning by like 200+ votes. So, I kinda am.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I'm surprised that Sword Art Online isn't higher up on the list cause that one is really popular currently but Madoka was pretty good too.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Because Madoka isn't a good anime or anything.
    In all honesty, I find it to be pretty overrated.

    Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm actually surprised that F/Z has caught up to Madoka. If it does win, it should only be shown subbed. The dub is terrible.
    F/Z was actually ahead by like 4 votes at one point when I first checked it.

    My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Wait a minute... I just noticed Steins;Gate isn't on that list. What happened there? I figured that would be perfect for Newnami.
    Are you a fan of Magical Girls?
    Share your love of Sailor Moon, Precure, Madoka Magica and all your favorite defenders of love and justice at Magical Girl Cafe!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    itt the concept of something being objectively good continues to exist
    Of course it's opinion based, and the opinion that Madoka is good greatly outnumbers the opinion that it isn't good.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Veldime
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RLinksoul View Post
    Wait a minute... I just noticed Steins;Gate isn't on that list. What happened there? I figured that would be perfect for Newnami.
    It's only for Aniplex license animes. Steins;Gate is not license by it

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Of course it's opinion based, and the opinion that Madoka is good greatly outnumbers the opinion that it isn't good.
    So, what's your point, exactly? That just because more people who have expressed an opinion on the matter enjoy something than don't, it must be considered "good"? It is, in fact, very possible for that to not be true, and the opinion of the majority has no bearing on the opinion of one person. Unless that person is just incapable of forming their own opinions.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 1st March 2013 at 3:38 PM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    0___0

    Some of these titles don't seem to fit the block at all! Who am I to complain though, I don't feel like watching any of these.
    Row! Row! Fight the power!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    0___0

    Some of these titles don't seem to fit the block at all! Who am I to complain though, I don't feel like watching any of these.
    Row! Row! Fight the power!
    Yes, but you -- and most other anime fans -- probably have other access, too.

    Not that I blame you. But I still want to know whose bright idea it was to stick Vividred Operation on that list. Well, okay, Vividred begs a lot of other questions, too, but I digress.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    It is a fact that Madoka would not do well on Toonami. Why? Because I said so.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    It is a fact that Madoka would not do well on Toonami. Why? Because I said so.
    Oh snap, really? Well we can all stop now then. Contact Toonami's Facebook, this needs to get off the poll asap.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    It is a fact that Madoka would not do well on Toonami. Why? Because I said so.
    Expand on that please. Please, I really want to hear read it. Or...are you a god?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •