Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uchuu Kyoudai

Default Uchuu Kyoudai

Mutta's life has hit rock bottom. He's been fired, blackballed from his profession and now he's had to move back in with his parents. Meanwhile, his kid brother Hibito has been literally riding a rocket and training to be an astronaut. The same career Mutta once dreamed of. So, is it ever too late to go after your dreams? Through a little coercing and a bit of covert activity, Mutta's family and friends can get his resume on the right desk, but from that point on it will be up to Mutta himself. Does he have what it takes to turn his life around and put his footprint on the moon? The first step on the highway to the stars is always the hardest, and in a job where crash and burn isn't just a euphemism, it will be the biggest risk Mutta's ever taken. But with the best support team ever, maybe he'll find what he needs to rekindle the spark inside him and light the biggest candle of them all!

It's a shame that this great series has gone so long without it's own thread, and I just couldn't take it anymore. So considering it is showing no signs of ending any time soon I figured this was as good a time as any for it to be made.

This is my personal favourite series of 2012, I didn't expect much going into the first episode only to be blown away by how good the show is. If you're looking for a feel good show that just keeps on delivering, then you really need to give this series a chance.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

wat is dis it looks ghey

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    While I'm not going to go as far saying it's my favourite show this year, it's definitely one of the best ones.
    I like it that much it's somehow managed to get ahead of both my KyoAni bias and my Little Busters! bias.
    My Anime List

It's one of the better series this year by far. The slow pace they're taking with it is excellent, much better than than if they made it a 13 or 26 episode series.

And whoever the director is, they're doing an amazing job with this show.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    And whoever the director is, they're doing an amazing job with this show.
    Watanabe Ayumu, who hasn't really directed much at all outside of Uchuu Kyoudai, that's not Doraemon, I mean. The only other series he has directed was Nazo no Kanojo X, which was a great series itself.
    My Anime List

While it isn't the best of the year (too much karuta and fairies), it's sure as hell the best anime running right now. And while it can be frustrating when it drags, I think this season's episodes have proved that the super-long-form approach is very much to its advantage. God damn I love it.
    Done here.

Yes, while it can almost get frustrating how long we get to the results, I end up really enjoying those episodes, as they flesh out both main and supporting characters. It can be easy to dislike characters like Furuya and Mizoguchi at first, but after we see their character-centric episodes, we learn more about them and understand them better. Well, Furuya was mostly just a spoil-sport, so to speak, rather than an unpleasant character.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Damn cliffhanger when **** is about to get real, next week can't come quick enough to see what happens.

Also love that new ED.
    My Anime List

That was almost a literal cliffhanger. Damn.

Nasuda's speech was great, he's one of my favourite characters.

Nice to see they let whoever makes the OPs have their drugs back.
    Done here.

This show is going to give me a heart attack. Waiting a week is going to be hell.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    It went from light-hearted becoming an astronaut to SPACE DEATH DRAMA pretty fast.
    And it's all come out of nowhere.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    And it's all come out of nowhere.
    Sometimes I really hate it that it's hard to tell from text whether someone's being sarcastic or not.

**** was intense...

Until the next episode preview spoiled the solution. Fffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Sweet May; 3rd February 2013 at 2:21 PM. Reason: please don't double post
    Done here.

I skip previews usually so I'm in the clear.

I mean I have a good guess that they're gonna make it.

But what if they don't.

And then Mutta has to avenge Hibito.

And he must travel the four corners of the world in search of power to kill the moon.

And when he does his hair sets on fire as he unleashes his final attack: The Spirit Apo Buster Bomb.

I'm enjoying this, but I really, really wish they didn't put sound in where there shouldn't be any.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Okay that part where Hibito walked towards the cliff really got to me. For a moment I thought he was gonna do it. ;_;

Space Brothers is moving to a Saturday afternoon time-slot in spring. Looks like this series is going to run for a few more seasons yet!
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Space Brothers is moving to a Saturday afternoon time-slot in spring. Looks like this series is going to run for a few more seasons yet!
    This makes me oh so happy.

This series could easily hit 100 episodes with the amount of material that is currently published, I guess it just depends on how far A-1 want to take it.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 31st January 2013 at 3:17 PM.
    My Anime List

Holy ****, episode 43. Surprised I actually cried that much. Powerful stuff. Keep this going as long as you want, I'll watch it.

God damn it, Uchuu Kyoudai, god ****ing damn it.... Y u so good?
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 3rd February 2013 at 3:32 PM.
    My Anime List

Was I the only one who was seriously creeped out by Hibito's wrathing in pain? That seriously scared me, not because of me thinking he'd die, but how they actually showed it
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

My god ****ing kill me, why don't you?
    Done here.

I really wish we got see more of Brian outside of flashbacks, he seems like he would have been a great character in a series that is already overflowing with some great characters.

Now that those last few (amazing) episodes are out of the way, I want some more Kenji and Serika screen time.
    My Anime List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast