Thread: Cajun Style - OU Sunny Day

Default Cajun Style - OU Sunny Day

Hello! I've decided to make a Sunny Day team, and here is what I came up with. So far, I've only played 3 battles and won 2. I was really stupid in the first match and ended up getting 6-0ed by a Salamence. Haha. Here it is:

Changes in bold!

The Team:

Summer (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
    Drought / Timid
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 216 Speed / 40 SpDef
    -Safeguard
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Power Swap
    -Overheat

Spoiler:- Details:

Rafflesia (Venusaur) @ Life Orb
    Chlorophyll / Jolly
    EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    -Growth
    -Sleep Powder
    -Seed Bomb
    -Return

Caltrops (Forretress) @ Leftovers
    Sturdy / Relaxed
    EVs: 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 SpDef
    IVs: 0 Speed
    -Stealth Rock
    -Spikes
    -Rapid Spin
    -Gyro Ball

Catfish (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
    Water Absorb / Bold
    Evs: 248 Hp / 252 Def / 8 Speed
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Roar
    -Scald

Cadence (Heatran) @ Leftovers
    Flash Fire / Calm
    EVs: 252 Hp / 120 SpDef / 136 SpAtk
    -Taunt
    -Toxic
    -Magma Storm
    -Earth Power

Seraph (Volcarona) @ Leftovers
    Flame Body / Bold
    EVs: 144 Hp / 84 Def / 120 SpAtk / 160 Speed
    -Morning Sun
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fiery Dance
    -Bug Buzz

Spoiler:- Overall Team Strategy:

Spoiler:- Previous Team Members:
    Last edited by Hauntershadow92; 24th December 2012 at 9:39 PM.

If it was Azumarill, then is was CB Huge power aqua Jet. Also, Volcarona can do everything Charizard can, but better, as it has roost and quiver dance to set up, as well as better defenses and special attack.

I think you should replace Lilligant for Espeon/Xatu, as I personally like to go with a special sun sweeper and a physical sun sweeper, Drought Ninetales, and three filler to support the ones that need sun. As you have a special sun sweeper (Charizard or Volcarona if you switch it) and a physical sun sweeper (Sawsbuck) and Ninetales, I personally think the other three pokemon should support your main sun abusers. You really won't like hazards, so Magic Bounce and Rapid Spin support is needed.

If you need to heal pokemon, I personally would go for a Wish from Vaporeon.

You want to keep Charizard? Go ahead.....no leftovers. Solar Power Charizard can go completely Kamikaze in this team, he won't last long anyways. Sun boosted Specs Fire Blast is going to hurt, a lot. Use Choice Specs.

That's all for now.
    Last edited by silverangel; 23rd December 2012 at 1:48 AM.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

Quote Originally Posted by silverangel View Post
    If it was Azumarill, then is was CB Huge power aqua Jet. Also, Volcarona can do everything Charizard can, but better, as it has roost and quiver dance to set up, as well as better defenses and special attack.

I think you should replace Lilligant for Espeon/Xatu, as I personally like to go with a special sun sweeper and a physical sun sweeper, Drought Ninetales, and three filler to support the ones that need sun. As you have a special sun sweeper (Charizard or Volcarona if you switch it) and a physical sun sweeper (Sawsbuck) and Ninetales, I personally think the other three pokemon should support your main sun abusers. You really won't like hazards, so Magic Bounce and Rapid Spin support is needed.

If you need to heal pokemon, I personally would go for a Wish from Vaporeon.

You want to keep Charizard? Go ahead.....no leftovers. Solar Power Charizard can go completely Kamikaze in this team, he won't last long anyways. Sun boosted Specs Fire Blast is going to hurt, a lot. Use Choice Specs.

That's all for now.
    I'll consider Volcarona. I want to use Charizard a bit more and see how it works for me. As for a Magic Bounce user, if Rocks are already set, does Magic Bounce remove them? I've always wondered.

No, Magic Bounce bounces back the atk.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Oh alright. Well I did opt for Choice Specs Charizard. Changes in bold in OP.

A Chansey/Blissey counter would be nice. I just faced a sun team on Showdown and walled it to death with Chansey, seriously. In fact, Chansey took only 70% from a Victini''s sun-boosted V-Create! Yeah, get something to counter them, otherwise they'll be your worst nightmare.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

A Chansey/Blissey counter would be nice. I just faced a sun team on Showdown and walled it to death with Chansey, seriously. In fact, Chansey took only 70% from a Victini''s sun-boosted V-Create! Yeah, get something to counter them, otherwise they'll be your worst nightmare.
    Well, the obvious choice would be Infernape, I think. But what is a good mixed set that leans towards special, but can handle Blissey? I know it recently got Iron Fist. I don't think I can use Lilligant as my go to Special Sweeper.

EDIT: I realize Arcanine is a good idea as well. Any suggestions?

Whatever Chansey counter you think, never use a recoil hit, because they have the highest HP in the game.
    For trade:

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

So, I've decided to do a major overhaul. As much as I love my team, it lacks a certain synergy. The only thing that seems to be staying is Ninetales.

Rafflesia (Venusaur) @ Life Orb
    Chlorophyll / Jolly
    EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    -Growth
    -Sleep Powder
    -Seed Bomb
    -Return

Caltrops (Forretress) @ Leftovers
    Sturdy / Relaxed
    EVs: 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 SpDef
    IVs: 0 Speed
    -Stealth Rock
    -Spikes
    -Rapid Spin
    -Gyro Ball

Catfish (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
    Water Absorb / Bold
    Evs: 248 Hp / 252 Def / 8 Speed
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Roar
    -Scald

Cadence (Heatran) @ Leftovers
    Flash Fire / Calm
    EVs: 252 Hp / 120 SpDef / 136 SpAtk
    -Taunt
    -Toxic
    -Magma Storm
    -Earth Power

Seraph (Volcarona) @ Leftovers
    Flame Body / Bold
    EVs: 144 Hp / 84 Def / 120 SpAtk / 160 Speed
    -Morning Sun
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fiery Dance
    -Bug Buzz

So those are the new pokemon on this team. I still have a few concerns:

1. Is Venusaur a good replacement for Sawsbuck? It is generally not a physical sweeper and requires the Growth.

2. Is my Forretress / Vaporeon / Heatran combo good enough to keep my team afloat?

3. How is my Ninetales set? Should I keep the Overheat / Power Swap combo or would a Sunny Day / Fire Blast / Solarbeam combo be better?

Seems a lot better. However, Chansey still rapes this team. Heatran seems like the only thing able to stop Chansey/Blissey, and they can poison a good deal of your team before they go down. Toxic damage won't be good for the team, so Heal Bell would be well liked. I also think Forretress sucks (sorry) and would personally go for a Magic Bounce user like Espeon, who can also use Heal Bell. Vaporeon can also use Heal Bell, but then you'll have to sacrifice a moveslot.

I hope my information helped you, there is also an article on Smogon about sun teams, their threats, and how to beat them. You should go look at it.
    For trade:

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Actually, Chansey cannot do anything to Venusaur except Softboiled. It can't hurt him much at all and he does 47.02% - 55.4% (331 - 390) to Chansey, a guaranteed 2HKO after SR damage.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Seems a lot better. However, Chansey still rapes this team. Heatran seems like the only thing able to stop Chansey/Blissey, and they can poison a good deal of your team before they go down. Toxic damage won't be good for the team, so Heal Bell would be well liked. I also think Forretress sucks (sorry) and would personally go for a Magic Bounce user like Espeon, who can also use Heal Bell. Vaporeon can also use Heal Bell, but then you'll have to sacrifice a moveslot.

I hope my information helped you, there is also an article on Smogon about sun teams, their threats, and how to beat them. You should go look at it.
    I mean, only Ninetales, Vaporeon and Volcarona are harmed by Toxic and I wouldn't keep them in on Blissey unless Volcarona had set up already. I'm not a big fan of magic bounce because you have to predict the move and then you have to keep doing that throughout the match and neither of them can handle continuous attacks.

I'll see if I really need protect on vaporeon and might put heal bell on it.

And I have been using the Smogon article the entire time.

Is there anything else anyone can advise?

I got nothing, it's well rounded to me. Try using it on Showdown, then posting what problems there are with the team. Heal bell may be liked on this team, so maybe replace Vaporeon's Protect with Heal Bell.
    For trade:

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779