Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65

Thread: Have you ever mistaken a characters gender?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Arizona Bay
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Bugsy, that's all you'll probobly get out of anyone.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Bugsy, I could of swore he's a girl.. Could be a transvestite
    ShinyUmbreon is a musician, producer, and engineer out of the Midwest area. If you like to listen to my music click the links below. If you like the music become a fan and or hit the like/follow button!

    http://www.reverbnation.com/seraphtt...eader_icon_nav
    https://soundcloud.com/t-the-manager/tracks

  3. #28

    Default

    Even though I knew Fantina was a girl... she kinda has a manly-ish face.

  4. #29

    Default

    I mistook Bugly for a girl and Fantina looks like a man in drag!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Bugsy all the way. With his purple hair and looks, I could've swore he was a girl.
    And from that same generation, there's Will of the Elite 4. He's very...er, feminine. If his name was something neutral, I would've assumed he was a woman by the look of his sprite.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    I'll echo Bugsy..... bad memories.
    SoulSilver BQ



    Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Undella town
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Whenever the coro coro issue revealed small pictures of Nate and Hugh on the cover, many of the forum users mistook Nate as the female player and Hugh as the male character instead of the rival.
    But yes, as most have said, I too mistook Bugsy as a female until I played Soul Silver!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

    5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

    6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

    Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    I don't remember who this character's name was, but they battle Gary in the Indigo League against his Nidoking with a Golem. I don't know if it was a boy or girl. :/

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Whenever the coro coro issue revealed small pictures of Nate and Hugh on the cover, many of the forum users mistook Nate as the female player and Hugh as the male character instead of the rival.
    There were people who thought Hugh was the female PC based on that picture as well. Ah, good times...


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Anna's north mountains.
    Posts
    3,498

    Default

    Yes.

    Bugsy as a girl, I was all "OMIGD someone put a shirt on that girl!" on this fanartt of him at the beach XD

    Silver as a girl in Gen 2... COMON looks like he wore a cheerleader skirt, nya~

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lumiose Gym
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locked In My Asylum View Post
    I think I mistook Cheren as a girl when he was first revealed.
    Me too, then I started to read the games text and pokerfaced.

    Saaatoshi!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,178

    Default

    Busgy...

    Also I moved this to PokéPolls section.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    Never, I swear. I'm very good at telling genders for some reason.

    I honestly never got why people thought Bugsy was a girl. IMO Pokemon has always made the stereotypically assumption that girls hated bugs with Misty being its spokesperson. I even remember one Bug Catcher asking "why girls don't like bugs?". I guess there was that one dude in Petalburg Forest that said bugs would make them very popularr with the ladies, but I'm sure they added that to make the guy sound like a clueless loser. Therefore, it never made sense to me for them to add a female Bug-type gym leader. Sure, there are definitely girl trainers with bug Pokemon (e.g. the twins in Budsy's gym), but they don't LOVE bugs, do they?

    3DS FC: 3738-0653-3802 ♥

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    Never, I swear. I'm very good at telling genders for some reason.

    I honestly never got why people thought Bugsy was a girl. IMO Pokemon has always made the stereotypically assumption that girls hated bugs with Misty being its spokesperson. I even remember one Bug Catcher asking "why girls don't like bugs?". I guess there was that one dude in Petalburg Forest that said bugs would make them very popularr with the ladies, but I'm sure they added that to make the guy sound like a clueless loser. Therefore, it never made sense to me for them to add a female Bug-type gym leader. Sure, there are definitely girl trainers with bug Pokemon (e.g. the twins in Budsy's gym), but they don't LOVE bugs, do they?
    I think the reason why everyone thought Bugsy was a girl has to do with the haircut and art style.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    King Land. Duh.
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Prof. Oak has this problem pretty bad.

    Bugsy... I swear I thought he was a girl...

    Don't hate on the King, or the world hates on you.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    DRAGONVILLE
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    Yes.

    Bugsy as a girl, I was all "OMIGD someone put a shirt on that girl!" on this fanartt of him at the beach XD

    Silver as a girl in Gen 2... COMON looks like he wore a cheerleader skirt, nya~
    I almost died when I read "OMIGD someone put a shirt on that girl!". I thought he was a girl, too, until I had a call on the Pokegear stating that Bugsy was a boy. I also used to think Saturn was a girl, and so did an old friend of mine. When I called Saturn a he, she yelled (and I quote), "That chick is a dude?!". XD
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    I also thought Bugsy was a girl. However they always make the bug type gym leaders/E4 members seem(how do I put this without offending anyone), happy?

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I also thought Bugsy was a girl. However they always make the bug type gym leaders/E4 members seem(how do I put this without offending anyone), happy?
    I believe the word you're looking for is flamboyant. Although I disagree that Aaron would be, he seems masculine enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I believe the word you're looking for is flamboyant. Although I disagree that Aaron would be, he seems masculine enough.
    Ah, yes that's the word. And Aaron seemed like Burgh to me.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post

    Silver as a girl in Gen 2... COMON looks like he wore a cheerleader skirt, nya~
    This is what I thought when I battled him for the first time on Gold.

    Also, Tate, until I saw him on the anime.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    With Kanbei
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I also assumed Bugsy and Tate were girls.
    Seconded. o_O
    A loyal servant of Albert Wesker, and the master of sandviches.
    No, not Jill sandviches. Sorry.

    My scroll in Dragon Cave. Go and click my babies, will ya?

    I have officially claimed Yanma.
    GYHAHAHAHAHAHA! Bryan Fury is MINE!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    782

    Default

    Unlike some members above, I didn't mistake Burgh's gender. Tate is the only one I really assumed that was a girl.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Am I the only one who didn't mistake Bugsy or Tate's gender? O_o
    The only one I can think of is Harley from AG Anime. I think that was the only one I made a mistake on.
    Last edited by SuperPichu; 25th December 2012 at 2:16 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

        Spoiler:- Credit:

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riding on my Crimson Loftwing
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    I thought Bugsy was a girl up until a few years ago XD Gender confusion to the max.

    Other than that, I can't think of anymore. I didn't get Tate and Liza mixed up for some reason-Oh WAIT! I thought Lorelei was a guy the first few times around
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

    Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    I thought Liza was a guy before I heard of the name... :P


    And about Bugsy, apparently, his gender was disputed in the start of Gen Ii :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •