Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why didn't Misty and Iris get a Pokedex?

Misty didn't even start with a professor so why would she get a Pokedex's? She was just there at the Gym and just got whatever water pokemon were there.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Misty didn't even start with a professor so why would she get a Pokedex's? She was just there at the Gym and just got whatever water pokemon were there.
    Exactly. She probably didn't even start with just one. She probably got two or three, and just left the gym with them. xD

I think it's because they weren't beginners that were set to get a Pokedex. Every instance I've seen a character receive a PDex, it's been while receiving one of the 3 starter Pokemon, either from the regional professor or Nurse Joy. Misty and Iris weren't beginners though, and recieved their first Pokemon through alternate means.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

well Misty not having a pokedex has been overstated, she's a gym leader. why would a gym leader have a pokedex? but my theory with Iris is that her weird/wild nature helps her like a pokedex would for the most part. I'm sure if she wanted one she could always call Professor Juniper for one or something.

Cause she is a gym-leader derp

For an in-universe justification, I don't think all trainers get dexes.
    Some trainers we see are probably unofficial (and therefore can't participate in leagues, etc.).
    If so, Iris falls under this, but she might be able to get one if she decides to go badge-hunting.

Gym Leaders shouldn't need one. Certain levels of Pokémon knowledge should be required to pass the bar to become a recognized professional.

Iris & Misty are regionally knowledgeable (unlike May & Dawn)!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Ok for all we know overall its just easier fir them to use Ash's esp. Misty in os. Why did they show case may and Dawn's to show diffrent styles of pokedex's yes ita dumb. Misty couldn't have been gym leader yet which is different issue yeah the writers need help in short. Misty definitely got her 1st Pokemon or 2 from gym its not hard. I'm pretty sure their are diffrent forms of ID once Brock used gym badge as id. Why didn't Brock cause Brock isn't stupid sorry let's be honest other then Brock and Max most of these kids are slow. Why would Tracey and cilian need 1 when they mostly observe Pokemon tracey also draws them idk what Pokemon consuir means so dk what that entails. If you ohserve Pokemon long enough eveb if did have pokedex once probably no longer have it dose everyone forget Tracey was older then Ash and Misty. For all we know Misty had pokedex in her bag but bever had need for it cause she could easily grab Ash's or have known Ash would scan it plus she grew up in gym so she knew some Pokemon before hand. I never finished a whole unova ep cilian ugh so idk on iris thing but she could feel she dosent need it or whatever.

Well, Misty and Iris are trainers that are mainly specialized on a type, its unnecessary for them to have. Misty knows most of her type. In case of Iris, she is learning still, but she knows about dragons.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Think most people have covered it, two started out as trainers via the 'conventional' regional Professor method, whereas the other two didn't. I think people need to stop trippin' about somebody asking a question. Its a forum, we're meant to provoke discussion.

because they were Gym Leaders, May & Dawn are Pokémon trainers meaning they need to know what their up against!
    Brock & Cilan obviously don't have Pokédexs as well because their Gym Leaders!

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123