Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ironic and Convenient Moments in the anime

Default Ironic and Convenient Moments in the anime

I have noticed that there are usually times where an episode that airs in English is related to an episode that airs in Japanese. Just list any convenient, inconvenient or ironic moments in the anime.

Examples:Trip's dominance run in the Junior Cup begins the same week where he loses in the Unova League. Cameron debuts in English the same week where he begins his League Battle with Ash.

Ash being in every place where some dramatic Legendary Pokemon event happens (Movies 1 - 15).

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Ash being in every place where some dramatic Legendary Pokemon event happens (Movies 1 - 15).
    Don't forget movie 16 either and when he met Ho-Oh and Zekrom at the start of his Kanto and Unova journeys.

Ash capturing Gligar in the dub the week it evolves in the original
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Team Rocket always knowing exactly where ash is at any given second

Dawn finding the same pachirisu she released earlier that episode
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

An apparantly evil Pokémon not being evil just 'cause a snake said so 15 years ago.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Oshawott learning Aqua Jet in the dub and mastering it the same week in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Ash capturing Gligar in the dub the week it evolves in the original
    That's done on purpose. The original and dub are mapped out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    That's done on purpose. The original and dub are mapped out that way.
    No, no chance really, its just a coincidence and people like to talk about useless trivia, what about all the other dubs? the american dub is not the only dub out there, other countries exist besides Japan and the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    No, no chance really, its just a coincidence and people like to talk about useless trivia, what about all the other dubs? the american dub is not the only dub out there, other countries exist besides Japan and the USA.
    It's not a coincidence. This stuff has been happening for years. Meleotta's goodbye episode in the original was the week she debuted in the dub. The week Ash's Krookodile battled and beat Liepard and Sawk was the week it debuted against Dragonite in the dub. The week Kotestu battled Ash in the Unova League was the week Kotestu made his debut in the dub. The list goes on.

You really have not noticed this? Wow...

It's not a coincidence. This stuff has been happening for years. Meleotta's goodbye episode in the original was the week she debuted in the dub. The week Ash's Krookodile battled and beat Liepard and Sawk was the week it debuted against Dragonite in the dub. The week Kotestu battled Ash in the Unova League was the week Kotestu made his debut in the dub. The list goes on.

Some of us have noticed this. It's just fun too think of it as,coincidences
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

The japanese don't work for the americans, they make their anime and other countries buy their product to dub it, it has nothing to do with the japanese and american versions having any kinda of agreement to make this stuff happens like this, it happens its just that and no I don't notice that kind of thing unless i go to Bulbapedia and I see that useless trivia, since I don't watch my country dub even so I wouldn't watch the american version either.

On another note why are you guys talking about the AMERICAN dub YET again in the original series forum?
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 25th December 2012 at 1:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The japanese don't work for the americans, they make their anime and other countries buy their product to dub it, it has nothing to do with the japanese and american versions having any kinda of agreement to make this stuff happens like this, it happens its just that and no I don't notice that kind of thing unless i go to Bulbapedia and I see that useless trivia, since I don't watch my country dub even so I wouldn't watch the american version either.

On another note why are you guys talking about the AMERICAN dub YET again in the original series forum?
    I never said they had an agreement (although we don't really know for sure), but the American version maps out their episodes according to what Japan is airing. The dub has all the episodes that lie ahead, that's how they title their seasons and everything.

I never said they had an agreement (although we don't really know for sure), but the American version maps out their episodes according to what Japan is airing. The dub has all the episodes that lie ahead, that's how they title their seasons and everything.
    So basically what you're saying is that the two collude together to make sure things like this always happen.

Why can't you accept that coincidences exist when the original and dub are aired
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

But... why would they do that? Most of their audience is going to be kids who don't keep up with the japanese version online, so not many viewers will even pick up on it. And what purpose would it serve if they did, anyway?

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

I found it cool how it took 59 episodes for Treecko to evolve into Grovyle and it took 95 episodes to evolve into Sceptile. Kinda cool how the numbers are inverted.

Kotetsu is only using 5 Pokemon in his battle with Ash and the day this episode airs, 5 days before, the episode where Kotetsu earns his 8th badge airs.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    So basically what you're saying is that the two collude together to make sure things like this always happen.
    No...like I said, the dub maps out their episodes according to what episode is airing in Japan. The dub is always about 15 episodes behind the original and that's done on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    Why can't you accept that coincidences exist when the original and dub are aired
    Because this has been happening for years so it's not really a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    But... why would they do that? Most of their audience is going to be kids who don't keep up with the japanese version online, so not many viewers will even pick up on it. And what purpose would it serve if they did, anyway?
    Not sure why they do it, but maybe for trivia? I mean fun facts are always great to read.

It's not really so much the *dub* does that, it just happens to be when the episode airs. :/

It's a coincidence.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    It's not really so much the *dub* does that, it just happens to be when the episode airs. :/

It's a coincidence.
    Not when you take into account the breaks we get with the dub. It's not like we get a new episode every single week for the entire year. If that was the case, then I would believe it's a coincidence.

IMO, I like calling these coincidences; it's why the word exists for interesting/trivial facts.

Anyways:

It took nearly a whole year til Ursula made her 2nd appearance in the dub and original.

Going off on that Gligar part; there were two back to back episodes that featured Swinub and then Gligar. The first set was multiple swinub and gligar, and the 2nd set is mainly about Dawn and Ash's Gligar respectfully. They both aired around the same time between the japanese and dub airings; if that's confusing then:

Original airing;
    Hungry for the Good Life/japanese episode; swinub episode - july 3, 2008
    Fighting Fear with Fear/japanese episode; gligar episode - july 3, 2008

Dub airing:
    Hot Springing a Leak; Swinub episode - june 26, 2008
    Riding the Winds of Change; gligar episode - july 5, 2008

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Since a lot of people are posting boring IRL ones I'll go with in-universe examples.

The natural cure for Stun Spore was within walking distance for Misty in A Stun Spore Detour. The same plot was recycled for Facing Fear with Eyes Wide Open. If medicine is this easy to come by why does anyone bother to buy it?

A Chansey Operation. There was a car crash severe enough to send every Pokemon in the truck to the hospital. Miraculously, the two humans that were also in the crash (Jessie and James) did not need medical attention. It gets even stranger. In this episode we see our only notable example of a Human Hospital ... and it's completely deserted. Dr. Proctor seems not only to be the only doctor in the hospital but the only staff member in this particular hospital. Even more frightening is that Proctor doesn't even work a full shift at this hospital and there seems to be no reserve doctor. What could have happened if Pikachu didn't choke that day? What if the driver had actually been hurt and needed medical attention? Dr. Proctor outright said he was not going to take that call.

Also, what were the odds that Team Rocket would have a stretcher styled machine in their arsenal that day? Did they ... did they plan this?

Cameron defeats Marlon and qualifies for the Unova League the same week where Kotetsu could possibly defeat Satoshi and win the entire Isshu league. Also how Riolu debuted in the same week in English where he evolves into Lucario in the original.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast