Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ironic and Convenient Moments in the anime

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    IMO, I like calling these coincidences; it's why the word exists for interesting/trivial facts.

Anyways:

It took nearly a whole year til Ursula made her 2nd appearance in the dub and original.

Going off on that Gligar part; there were two back to back episodes that featured Swinub and then Gligar. The first set was multiple swinub and gligar, and the 2nd set is mainly about Dawn and Ash's Gligar respectfully. They both aired around the same time between the japanese and dub airings; if that's confusing then:

Original airing;
    Hungry for the Good Life/japanese episode; swinub episode - july 3, 2008
    Fighting Fear with Fear/japanese episode; gligar episode - july 3, 2008

Dub airing:
    Hot Springing a Leak; Swinub episode - june 28, 2008
    Riding the Winds of Change; gligar episode - july 5, 2008
    It's june 28th, not 26th.

Each one of Trip's four losses where in battles that began in the end of one episode and ended in the beginning of the next.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    that wasnt the case with Cilan vs Trip.
    Technically their battle began at the end of the first episode of the Club Battle they just didn't send their Pokemon out until the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    which means there battle had not begun
    I'm not sure I just think battles begin as soon as both trainers are on the field, plus I just go by what it said on Bubapedia. How about all his battles that begin with cliffhangers end up in loses.

Finding an apple tree whenever they are lost and hungry. I mean, it is possible...but he exact moment they get hungry.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

How Ash never misses the league. I mean, c'mon. What are the odds of Ash meeting 5 people that are going to the league, and none of them gets the 8th badge 1 day after the league is finished

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    How Ash never misses the league. I mean, c'mon. What are the odds of Ash meeting 5 people that are going to the league, and none of them gets the 8th badge 1 day after the league is finished
    As usually gets his last badge well before the league starts, and he's typically the underdog compared to the others. Why wouldn't they get their badges at least as quickly as Ash?

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

How about how Ash, his friends and rivals are all around the same area and manage to participate in tournaments together.

How about how Ash, his friends and rivals are all around the same area and manage to participate in tournaments together.
    Nurse Joys usually tells about the next Big Event/Gym Location. She probably tells other Trainers, too.

That said, it's awfully convenient that the two primary emergency personnel (Jenny and Joy) both look exactly the same and are apparently the most traveled families in the world having populated every known region.

How about how out of all the trainers in the region the champion and any other important grown up takes special interest in Ash, his friends and rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    How about how out of all the trainers in the region the champion and any other important grown up takes special interest in Ash, his friends and rivals.
    Because how often do they see someone who likes butting in on their business and being unable to control their pokemon enough to put it in a pokeball?

Also if someone like paul were to see these COTDs he'd probably go okaaay *backs away* or I don't care and then leave.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Because how often do they see someone who likes butting in on their business and being unable to control their pokemon enough to put it in a pokeball?

Also if someone like paul were to see these COTDs he'd probably go okaaay *backs away* or I don't care and then leave.
    If it was Gary he wouldn't give them a second look and just continue on like nothing happened while driving past them in his car full of cheerleaders and Trip would probably just ignore them completely.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Technically their battle began at the end of the first episode of the Club Battle they just didn't send their Pokemon out until the next one.
    A battle doesn't begin until initiative is taken from either sides. The battle doesn't begin when 2 bozers or what-not brutes shaking hands.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Ash's recurring rivals all lost by the order of how they debuted in the league. Trip, Bianca and then Stephan.

How in fillers, Ash always shows up when something interesting/bad is happening.
    Example: the OVNI episode, the Cottonee episode, the Maractus episode. Kinda weird

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    How in fillers, Ash always shows up when something interesting/bad is happening.
    Example: the OVNI episode, the Cottonee episode, the Maractus episode. Kinda weird
    Thats the plot of the episode, we don't see all of their days, we see this random days that are made into episodes xD.

I find it more weird that TR was always in the same place that they were for till the end of DP, even when they weren't going to capture Pikachu.

The fact that Dawn's Swinub evolved whenever the group was captured...
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 31st December 2012 at 6:02 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The fact that Dawn's Swinub evolved whenever the group was captured...
    How is that incovenient? That sounds more like it's convenient.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    How is that incovenient? That sounds more like it's convenient.
    This thread is the ironic and convenient thread...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Have another.

A Friend in Deed. Ash befriends the only Pokemon Trainer in the League who labels their Pokeballs. Incidentally, this came in handy because he and new friend were put in a situation where their Pokeballs were grouped together with hundreds of others seemingly identical Pokeballs. Then again, Ash might've been able to save the day anyway since he had Pikachu. Being one of the few Trainers back then who allows his Pokemon to roam 24/7 he could've used Pikachu to sniff out his Pokemon before Team Rocket reached their destination.

Oh, and then they had to fight each other.

Ash's pikachu gets depowered just in time to get beaten up by a snivy

How there always happens to be a body of water around them every time Ash and his friends meet up with Bianca.

Evolution. Each and every time.

Hell, evolution by levelling up might as well be represented as "direness of situation at hand" versus "negativity of likely outcome".
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Evolution. Each and every time.

Hell, evolution by levelling up might as well be represented as "direness of situation at hand" versus "negativity of likely outcome".
    I always saw it as being close to evolution with adrenaline as the final push. Though that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    An apparantly evil Pokémon not being evil just 'cause a snake said so 15 years ago.
    I miss Ekans... Btw, best episode ever?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I never said they had an agreement (although we don't really know for sure), but the American version maps out their episodes according to what Japan is airing. The dub has all the episodes that lie ahead, that's how they title their seasons and everything.
    Doesn't explain anything with core evidence.. The American dub uses a seasonal format and takes a relatively long break in between episodes, whereas the Japanese tend to have breaks where ever a special event happens, such as a baseball match or a Naruto special. How in the world would it seem logical for the American dub to go out of its way to decide on what length the 'seasonal' break should be in order to 'sync' the dubbed episodes in order to correlate to episodes that have slightly similar content in Japan?

It is just so far fetched.. Even more notably by the fact that only a few hundred, heck, even a few dozen of viewers may watch both original and dub in the same week they air. No company, and I stretch company, will go out of their way (which usually means a monetary spending) to do this, for what is literally .000000something% of their viewers. Yes, I'm talking about a 0.millionth% of their total viewing body per week. I'm pretty sure around pokemon is watched by around a million people every week, combining viewing of ALL dub that is. A company will not go out of their way, and thus spend money, for some 60-150 fans that watch both the Japanese and American versions as they air.. Heck, through my viewing experiences, I have noted that only a fraction from the guys and girls who post here frequently watch the Japanese dub as it airs, and only take looks at the pictures, and sometimes don't watch at all. And then there's the fact that some of these simply don't watch the American dub, myself included, as it airs, and will only look it up for references down the road, or if viewing of the original has become troublesome. The best part is of course, that the vast, vast majority of viewers, don't watch any other form of the animé then their own dub. The vast majority of English viewers, will be familiar with the American dub, the vast majority of viewers of Japanese viewers couldn't give a crap about the term 'dub' as they barely have to dub anything aside from Hollywood movies. Then there's the German, French, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, etc dubs, and their viewers, who on regular basis, don't watch the American dub at all, making the argument you're making already kind of faulty in a sense.. Unless you wanna argue that Japan > USA > other dubs, which is a debate rooted in a whole different context...

So yeah again, coincidence is a mighty word that might instill Focus Sash Endeaver Quick Attack Rattata in the hearts of many who can't believe in it. While in the same breath what you are taking in for accordance is really pushing the bounderies of logical thinking.. No offence, but from a business standpoint, it's a really innate way to spend money. "We have to make the seasonal break this many weeks long so that Cameron's battles fall inline with what the Japanese will air! Okay, so we'll have to wait two weeks longer then originally planned (=costs money), but oh well! I guess those few hundred some fans out of a million that watch this show in one form or another will recognize the money and effort we spent in coordinating this show and give us massive props for this and will defend us against those other sceptical posters that defy our logic with real logic!"

Yeah, I get it, I'm a sceptic eitherway, I don't mind. I like looking at the world with a critical view. Oh, and to the poor pansies of the forum: My berserk button was not hit, and I'm not spoiling your happy-parade with my negativity. This is just discussing on the level of bringing up arguments and supporting them with venom tongued anecdotes. I know realize that for some of the posters, these disclaimers should be put into place because they can't handle discussion on a discussion forum..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast